Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st

New Thread

Site Updates!, small site updates~
Aug 1 2016, 02:46 PM
taco magician
stressed, depressed, and not even well dressed, because I’m too GD lazy to do laundry.
Zero Fuck Society
equal opportunity employer
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
lady bits | PST | 3/3/3 | Sarahroo#5726
Site Updates

We're into FS almost half a dozen months now (how even?! wut's even going on?!!!) so I figured I'd wrap up a bunch of updates from the past as well as a few rule updates for you guys, to make sure you are all up to date on everything that's changing behind the scenes of this little trash heap we call home~

General Overhauls & Added Info
As most if not all of you have noticed I've gone through and recoded all the site info to be easier to use for everyone. A list of all thing overhauled since the launch of he site in March:
  • MAY 16: Small skin update to thread display in subforums
  • JUNE 3: Complete coding overhaul of site info
  • JUNE 6: Claims have now been overhauled
  • JUNE 10: Profiles got an overhaul
  • JULY 13: Badge overhaul
We've also added a bunch of info & content to the site:
  • MAR 30: Site/thread awards are now up!
  • APR 3: 3 new development templates have been added!
  • APR 5: Added open threads feature
  • APR 8: New fae species added; Wendigo!
  • APR 18: New fae species added; Kitsune!
  • APR 19: Business directory added to the wiki!
  • APR 19: Conception chart added
  • APR 20: New fae species added; Dragon!
  • MAY 9: Area map added!
  • MAY 10: Extended fae information added!
  • JUNE 12: New fae species added; Jinn & Sandmen!
  • JULY 13: Badges overhauled & a bunch more added
  • JULY 20: Group affiliation info added to the wiki!
Rule Updates & Spotlights
We haven't had to add much in the way of rules but there are a few thing we'd like to reiterate for everyone moving forward.

Activity Checks: will happen every month from the first through the seventh.
These dates were chosen specifically because they never change lol. We want people to sign into these! We want to keep you guys around but with that said, it is not our jobs to poke you to sign in every month. As staff we are already doing so much else around the site that we, quite honestly, can't be bothered to make this our job, this is your job. We haven't had many issues with this in the past but I'd like to mention this here and now; as we don't require threads per character we do keep an eye on people and if you are not active (this means a post in the last 2 weeks), we will PM you upon your sin-in to the AC. We don't want to hold faces for people who have n intention of playing them.

This brings me to rule change #1;

Face Claims: We do allow duplication of FC's for twins, and in rare cases, non-twins. A FC dupe must always be pre-approved by the FC holder and a note of this given by the FC holder to a staff member before any app with a dupe is accepted..
We want people to play who and what they want so we are/have been & will allow duplicates of the same face however, this must be approved by whoever currently holds the face. I don't see this becoming an issue or even coming into play all that often but as out FC's are first come first serve in the general sense those of you who already have the faces in question can say no. This is your right and we will respect this, we simply want to allow the option. Again, shouldn't come up very often but we want to make sure you're aware of this.

Cbox Conduct: As a general reminder and out of common courtesy we ask all our players to keep plotting to a minimum in the cbox.
Our cbox is primarily for loose chatting and OOC connections as well as a means for guests to contact staff and the player base with questions so for that reason we ask that you keep plotting to a bare minimum in the cbox. Along with this I'd also like to ask that you guys not note your tagging in the cbox, we have a tag box specifically for this purpose and, again, it muddles up the cbox with unneeded info (we know you're excited but this isn't the right place for it xD). We want to encourage you to use outside communications for this, AIM, PM, the tag box, etc.
Just keep in mind that the cbox is for everyone, including those who might be looking to join and when it's just a spammed box full of paragraphs of plotting and tag mentions back and forth it can be a little hard to jump into and off-putting for everyone on the outside. We want you guys to use this as a means of connection but please keep things like plotting and tagging out of the cbox wherever possible~

Upcoming & Planned Changes &or Additions
Coming Fae Species: Nymph, Faerie, Nagas, Gollem, Kelpie, Harpy (subject to change). All our fae are written on the whim of our muse so they generally come as we get muse to write them, with that being stated please be patient with us. They are coming!~

Rewrites: I plan on reworking demons & angels a bit, giving them an overhaul as well as splitting them a bit so their info is a bit more streamlined and easier to sift through (per subspecies/type). Their overall info will largely stay the same, I just want to make them an easier read, a bit like fae.

Ending Notes
At the end of the day we want you guys to love this place and we want you to play what you want so if you have suggestions please toss them our way! We're always more than happy to look at all possible site changes!

P.S. If you guys have ideas for events you'd like to see, toss them our way! I'm planning on having them at least bi-monthly if not monthly but coming up with something new and exciting every month is a chore in and of itself so we could use your help! What would you like to see? What would you like to explore? Let us know!
Oct 16 2016, 01:55 AM
taco magician
stressed, depressed, and not even well dressed, because I’m too GD lazy to do laundry.
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
Species Update

• APR 8: Wendigo
  • APR 18: Kitsune
  • APR 20: Dragon
  • JUNE 12: Jinn & Sandmen
  • SEPT 29: Naga
  • FEB 9: Kelpie
  • MAY 7: Spellbinder
  • JUNE 1: Dryad
In The Works:
Faerie/sprite, Gollem, Harpy

please note that we have no actual dates set on the release of new species as we do them per muse. Please be patient, we'll get new things to you asap~
Oct 25 2016, 05:48 PM
taco magician
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
Activity Update

We're going to be making a little change to activity around here. This probably won't apply to most of you but we want to let everyone know how things will work moving forward.

Our activity rule has been edited and now required one post per character account at least once a month to consider them 'active'. When the AC is over we will run a search in the ACP to check ALL accounts that have not been posted with in the last month, this will include accounts signed into the AC. We do not want to continuously hold onto faces/characters if they're not going to be used. In the case of checked-in characters, you will receive as warning PM that gives you 7 days to post to an active thread, if you fail to do so your account(s) will be moved to pending and you'll need to contact staff to have your things moved back over.

It's a pretty easy, low-stress rule and we doubt any of you will have issues complying with, so for the most part you can ignore it lol.

As always, if you're going to be gone for more than 5 days or you have absence that you feel will disrupt post flow please post to the absence thread and let your writing partners and staff know ^.^
Nov 22 2016, 05:41 PM
taco magician
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
Wiki Update

I finally got the sensory wiki page up for you guys! Your guide to how every group and species, tastes, smells and how their senses compare to one another. This page is really just a reference to help keep everyone's descriptions consistent and correct through threads. It's located in the WIKI, under the 'Sensory Guide' tab~

As with all our lore and changes, if you have questions on anything please don't hesitate to ask! There's no such thing as a stupid question, chances are if you're thinking it, so is someone else xD
Jan 11 2017, 08:43 PM
taco magician
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
Little side site notes!

Because not every update is worthy of a big note! This is just here for super quick little updates about small little changes and the shuffling around of things~
  • North East has finally been changed to North West
  • Twin Peaks Wilderness is now San Pedro Park & Wilderness
  • Changed 'Zodiac' space on the profile pages to 'Play By'
Nov 3rd, 2016: never fear, Halloween event threads have not been lost or thrown into the sun, they've simply all been filed into the Past Event Threads!
Jan 28th, 2017: the holiday event threads have been moved to past event threads forum~
Jan 11 2017, 08:45 PM
taco magician
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
SITE CANONS ADDED

The canons here on FS are largely built around positions and duties within those positions and not reliant on characters and faces. We want to make as much of this adaptable for your OC's to allow new people to jump right in without having to conform and or take over someone's old character. All suggestions below are just that, suggestions. These are not set and can be ignored to fit in your OC instead, so when looking through these in relation to your OC, please disregard the faces. (note: we do have a few that are want ads that we'd like to see stay as they are, these will be noted as such and will require you to PM a staff member for discussion of changes.)

When and if we lose a prevalent face that's been in play for a while we'll fill in their absence as needed (death, retirement, etc) to help the community move on but will try our best to keep these as open as possible.

Contacting us before applying for these is not required, if you want something and have a solid idea to work off of, please feel free to apply them w/o contacting us. And as always if you're interested in any of these positions and want more info please PM a staff member and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Ads here!
Jan 9 2018, 01:45 PM
taco magician
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
Application Update

Made a few small updates to the second tab on the app code:
  • Changed a few of the descriptions/headers to be a more helpful when filling in info.
  • Edited the bottom "Family" section to include mate/spouse.
  • Added in an extended section for "Pets" to also include all bonds & thralls on top of pets.

If you'd like to edit your app to include the updates feel free (I'd also suggest saving a copy before you begin.. just in case it gets eaten x.x) but it won't be required for old apps, so changes will be at your want/leisure!~
Jan 17 2018, 05:13 AM
taco magician
Zero Fuck Society
wifed AF
Trash Can-not

awards

garbage 芋
a muffin factory
Birthdays!

As requested by J-chan-- I've added the birthday drop down back into the profile info. If you'd like your character's (or your own) birthdays to show up on the bottom of the board with the stats please adjust this drop down (year doesn't matter as age won't be shown so pick w/e)!

To see the calendar itself use THIS LINK. The calendar itself is a little grouchy and a lot clunky so I'm not going to add it onto the board just yet (needs some tweaking and stuff still) but it'll be there if you need to double check things are added in correctly!~

Topic Options

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.