Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Closed

New Thread

Sun Kissed, Darius/@Jchan
Jul 10 2017, 12:06 AM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
History is nothing to dwell on. We learn and we strive.
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
she, her, thing | EST | |

Summer was her favorite time of year. Of course the fire naga would adore the sun in any form, but summer had always brought it out for longer hot days. Most couldn’t handle the humidity of it all, but to the serpent it was the perfect temperature. Not a cloud in the sky and her skin could pull its heat without the use of her own fire. It had been a long time since the naga had taken a trip to the beach. Typically, her job at city hall kept her rather busy. Odessa didn’t’ have much free time, but she didn’t mind at all. Usually her free time is spent at home, or in a forge with her glass blowing hobby.

The travel to the beach wasn’t too long of a drive. She would smile warmly as the sun blazed high in the sky with people scrambled over the beach to enjoy the cool waters. Picking her things from the trunk, Odessa would shut the hood and would walk her way down to the hot sand that eased her skin in delight. The wind was no there, the sky was completely clear, and the heat could have easily been 90 degrees Fahrenheit with high humidity. Perhaps not the best for simple warm-blooded creatures, like humans, witches and shifters. However, it was the perfect weather for the coldblooded like her.

Hot, dry days were like warm blankets to them. Odessa would lay out her blanket, and then set down her bag and other belongings. The waters were not close, but far enough to where she wouldn’t get wet by the waves coming in. Her cover and skirt would be removed to show off her adorable red bikini she finally had a chance to wear. She’s sat herself down, and began to lay out beneath the raving fireball in the sky. Odessa sighed in relief, humming gently to sooth her ear drums from the laughter of children and families around. Arms lays up and behind her head, not caring for the sun in her eyes.

It was just more warmth.

It had been a while.

beach day~
Aug 17 2017, 03:46 PM
Kelpie
Unseelie Court/Black Market
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

Sink your teeth into my flesh
J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
Might be strange to find a Kelpie wandering the beach – his kind weren’t known for visiting saltwater oceans all that much. A beast that rather preferred the swampy reaches of places like Louisiana and Florida, fresh water drawing him there and the mugginess keeping him there. Until he grew bored of all of it, and headed north to endure city life. And now, here he was in another city, only this time in the western part of the country rather than the East. The city was an adaptable place for the Kelpie because of the flesh-eating populace that took to cities such as San Francisco. He loved it here. And what was more, he loved the fresh water reaches as well, particularly the river-turned-pond in the front yard of his cabin in the woods. Took to staying there a lot in the summer time, visiting every weekend if he could manage it. Lately had presented an issue as people wanted fresh meat in the summer time – all year, really, but summer seemed to be the busiest time for him.

Work kept him busy these days, and it was nice in actuality. It gave him something to do, something to invest his money in, rather than hoard it like a jealous dragon. He had good employees, and good customers, for the most part. Hardly anyone ever complained about the product, and if they happened to, he’d work like a dog – well, a horse, heh – to get them what they wanted. Customer happiness was always of import to a business owner. Their happiness promised their return to his shop, and increased the possibility of them bringing money into his shop as well. Enjoyed being at work, unlike many people who deplored their jobs – and yet, somehow they still stuck with them, enjoying their fat paychecks like the greedy pigs that they were. The Kelpie hated most of the people that wandered into his shop, save for a fair few that came there for only one kind of meat.

Loved his job – but it was nice to get out. Feel the sun on his back as he wandered over the sand, said sand pressing against the bottoms of his bare feet, hot but not unbearable. He’d rubbed himself down with sunscreen, all of it rubbed in well so that none of it showed on his exposed skin. He was wearing swim trunks, and carrying a pack with his clothes, shoes and other necessities he’d need for the day. And of all the things to carry, he had an umbrella held over his head, the extent of it shading him. It was blue in color, a few shades darker than the sky on any given summer day. Sunglasses sat on his nose anyway, dark shades that were present in spite of the umbrella he carried.

He’d spotted a woman lounging on a blanket not far away from where he was. He’d just arrived, actually, and was looking for a space on the beach where he could sit down and enjoy his time here. The woman was not one he’d seen before, so he figured why not go over and say hello? Nearing her, he cleared his throat to announce his presence, not wanting to alarm her by rushing over. “Good afternoon. Beautiful day, isn’t it?” He’d say casually before continuing, “I was wondering if maybe I could join you. I haven’t seen you before – not surprising really. I’ve not lived here long, but would you mind a bit of company?” His smile was soft, kind, unlike the man it belonged to on some days.
Aug 27 2017, 10:17 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
A hiss almost left her lips, as the naga stretched her limbs under the sun. Odessa felt like she was in her native land. Beaches of Jamaica, the strong tied of the waves coming in at cool temperatures. It was almost a remedy for homesickness. Of course the land was not the same, she sometimes wondered to go back. Perhaps just for a visit during a summer vacation for herself as she rarely got out for personal reasons. No family in reach, but friends to spend days with if she wasn’t planning on something for the city. She should try to have more days off, but she hardly minded.

A voice would be heard, Odessa’s head titled up towards the direction of the noise. A man would come up, charmed smile and a face she hasn’t recognize. Of course the city was a large place; you wouldn’t know everyone that walked by, even for someone that worked for the city. The naga would smile back sitting up from her blanket, legs folding outwards to steady her balance. ”It is such a lovely day isn’t it?” her Jamaican accent rolling off her lips with ease, “I myself don’t know every face and person in da city. I’d be lucky to remember de weekend with my work schedule.”

Her hands would lightly motion the man to join her in the warm san and sunlight of the beach. As he’d set his things up, Odessa would quietly watch and wait until he was finish to continue talking to him. “You’ve picked a fine day to come, not many visitors out around the time of da week.” Her arms would lightly cross over her torso tilting her head. “I’m Odessa Wright, its da pleasure to meet you. You’re new to da city? How are ya liking it so far? There’s a lot to see, it’s an exciting place, especially with de holidays.”
Sep 1 2017, 09:54 PM
Kelpie
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
Days off came and went for the Kelpie. There weren’t many friends to crack open a cold one with or lounge by the pool. Friends came in the form of business associates, and interaction with them was little to none. Not because he wanted it that way – but because it just happened that way. And besides, people in the black market weren’t really friends. They’d sell him out as quickly as they might look at him. It was best to keep those kinds of people at arm’s length or further, at least until he got to know them a bit. Trust was another thing entirely, and something he wouldn’t pass out freely – not even to his employees. A guarded man that had his reasons to lookout for any kind of trouble. And there was trouble here or there, whether with his business or simply other people. As long as he ran his business, there would always be trouble to look out for, and that was one of the many reasons to be observant.

He stood for but a moment after he spoke, and that was the moment when the woman turned to look at him. Surprised, marginally, when that accent rolled off her tongue. It wasn’t often he came into contact with someone who was not originally from the United States. But the country was a melting pot, and so situations like this were to be expected. He’d nod, and say, “A bit warm, but that is the nice thing about the beach. If you want to cool off, all you have to do is jump into the ocean.” And he could bet that the water was cold, although he wouldn’t find that out for himself more than likely. He had a thing about wide, open water as opposed to a pond or lake that he knew where it ended. Stories, too, of the oceanic tales of sea wenches and monsters deterred him from swimming in them. The latter of which was just a tale, he knew, something to scare children when they were being naughty. But the former – he knew that mer-creatures and Sirens were real.

“Yeah, same here really. I work a lot these days. I have my own business, so it’s rather difficult to take time off,” but “But when I can, I do, and usually always head outdoors to do something.” Swim, mostly, but he also liked to run, jog, hike – it really just depended on what he wanted to do. “I noticed your accent; you’re originally from Jamaica I take it?” He wondered about that. What it was like, if the people were friendly, and what kind of things a person could do there. Of course he could read all about that kind of thing online, but Darius was more a doer. He liked to do things on his own to have his own experiences of them.

He set up the things he’d brought, which wasn’t much in retrospect. Most of the stuff he took with him on trips was left in his car and that was parked further in the mainland. Walking distance in other words. It’d be quite the trek to come here from his apartment in the city. “I’ve noticed that. I wonder why that is? With a nice summer day like this, you’d think there’d be more people.” He set his pack on the ground, laid a towel down on the warm sand, and sat with the umbrella in his hand to keep the direct rays off of him for the time being. “Darius Sheppard, it’s a pleasure to meet you as well,” he’d tell her, and then she asked him how he liked the city, to which he responded, “I like it here well enough. There’s a lot of business for my shop, and that was a big enough draw for me to come here.” She would talk about the holidays and he’d say, “Yeah, I remember reading about some events that took place last year. I’m sorry that I missed them. They sounded like fun.”

“You were talking about work? What is it that you do, Odessa?” He’d ask her a moment later.
Sep 22 2017, 06:07 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
Odessa lightly shrugged at the weather. It was completely perfect for her. “I’m actually a big fan of this weather. Clear skies and the sun ray right on my skin. Hard to believe but I’m usually ran cold.” Some would think it was because of her size. In reality it was literally her species as a fire naga. She’d quietly watched him set up his things and the mention of her accent was brought up. Was it that obvious at times? The islands sometimes shaded such accents and cultures, but it was a default to pick Jamaica as the location. A hand rubbed over her arm tilting her head at him, “Was it hard to notice? Yes, Jamaica is my original home, but I’ve been gone for some time now.”

Her head would turn to the beach and waters. Smiling calmingly at the view and the peace it had brought. Odessa wouldn’t mind more visitors around, but sometimes peace and tranquility is really all she needed to relax for the day. “Aye, it is perhaps because summer is almost over. People are having their last minute vacations elsewhere, ah? No matter. Perhaps if there are enough people there would be a bonfire tonight. I’ve seen it happen a few times.” Sometimes some did come later if they wanted to enjoy some evening festivities with family groups. Odessa did know that when it was Independence Day, people would come to the pier and beach to celebrate.

His name would then come up as Darius Sheppard when she asked him. A soft smile would spread her lips, gently resting on her hands as she turned her focus to her company that has joined her. “I’m sure you’ll come to love da city. Halfta say I’m someone who is pleased to be here. I’m sure you’ll get to see some of those interesting events soon enough. Fall is just around the corner you know.” Odessa chuckled as her eyes would pry to the ocean again. She wished that she could swim more often. Water in general wasn’t good for her when submerged, but there wasn’t a chance to die.

Attention would be pulled again as he asked of her work. Her lips pierced slightly, unsure to even mention it. Odessa wasn’t ashamed of her work, it was more so a lot for those to handle knowing sometimes. “I’m actually the…Treasurer for the City. I work with the chairmen’s and governor at City Hall. A steep of a position, but I am proud nevertheless of it.” Body not leaning, her hands would be placed down to prop her pose so she wouldn’t lie down just yet. “And what about you? What kind of a job keeps you away from beautiful scenes like this one?” she gestured to the ocean.
Sep 26 2017, 03:16 PM
Kelpie
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
“Would you mind me asking what species you are? Or is that too forward a question?” She did say that she ran cold – and from his experience with Naga, he’d have guessed that’s what she was. He wouldn’t know what she was exactly until she told him, divulge how right he was. He’d set his things up as he asked her this, and then he’d sprawl out on the towel, umbrella in hand to keep the sun off of him. The kelpie expected it to be a quiet day for his life was not really exciting – if you would believe such things. What wasn’t exciting about carving mortal flesh day in and day out? Riveting. “No, not at all. I’ve just not met many people from Jamaica, kind of threw me off guard a little. When was the last time you were there?” There had been no place that really stuck out to the Kelpie that would make him want to go back to it. The southern part of the country, maybe – but even that was stretching it. He hadn’t many happy memories in any part of this country. But it wasn’t like he expected his life to be happy.

Bonfires meant fun, and he had to wonder if she was going to stay for it. So he decided to ask her, “Do you think you might stay for it if there is one? I’d keep you company if you wanted to.” When was the last time he did anything remotely fun? He thought it might be fun and he needed a little of that in his life. A man that was all business and no pleasure; he wanted to think that he had elements of fun in his life, but what might be fun for him might be something else for another person.

He didn’t want to be rude, but he needed a drink, so he opened his pack and brought out a water bottle. Arrowhead to be exact – cheap and it tasted the same as any other water. Just because he was a rich bastard, didn’t mean he drank Evian or some brand that no one had ever heard of before. “I am sure I will. From what I’ve heard of them, they are pretty fun and always get a great turnout,” he remembered hearing about the Unseelie court hosting the winter ball last year, and everything that it entailed, “I was told about the Winter Ball that was hosted last year. That sounds like it was a pretty – what’s the word,” he thought for maybe a second before coming up with the right one, “Unsettling. Did you happen to go?” It sounded like something in which he wanted to learn someone else’s experience, just to have firsthand experience to go by. What would it be like, he wondered, to die temporarily?

“Oh really? How intriguing – of course you would be proud of that. I know I would be,” and here he was, a lowly butcher, “You like it, then?” It was important for someone to like their job; it was worth doing if they did like it. He loved his work. “I’m a butcher – one of the few, if not the only one, that caters to Kelpie and Wendigo specifically, but that doesn’t mean I don’t cater to others as well.” If she knew anything about either of those species, she’d know that what he meant was that he sold mortal flesh to them. He opened his water bottle and drank from it before holding it in front of him, casually and dangling from one hand while he tinkered with the cap in the other. “Would you have any need for meat of any kind? I sell just about anything you can think of, including game, even if it’s out of season. Of course, most don’t want to pay the kind of price I have it marked at.” Which is why he offered sales here or there; discounts to new customers was a pretty common thing for him to offer.
Nov 4 2017, 06:55 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
The naga laughed lightly at his question. She never felt offended by it, but she merely thought it wasn’t important to just bring up unless needed. Odessa never hid what she was, but many just didn’t know what she was. “I’m a naga.” She smiled kindly at him. “A fire Sanskrit to be precise. I don’t find it forward if one is curious. Though with my position, you’d think people would know what u was. Oddly enough news articles think I’m hiding something.”

She was only the treasurer of the city. She wasn’t as important as a chairman.

The thought of her home made her smile. It had been ages since she stayed for a long period of time. Every now and again she would visit just to indulge in the culture for a few days and return to the states “it has been awhile, aye,” she’d look over she shoulder to Darius. “I know I have it written somewhere, but it’s been a while. I like to pop in now and again. As much as I love my home land, it’s in the past for reason to what I believe.”

Odessa gave her arms a little stretch, laying down with the sun beating down on her face. A bonfire sounded nice, but she wasn’t sure if she wanted to stay that late without much to keep her warm. “I would like to, yes. Of course fire nagas are a little more sensitive without da sun to keep dem warm.” It was nice not having to use her fire to keep comfortable.

The unfortunate tale of the winter gala was true. At least to some who went through it’s Odessa would lightly shake her head. “I was one of the lucky few that felt with that. I didn’t have any problems. From what I hear it happen only to a selected few.” The Halloween party on the other hand, she was affected by slightly. Not the worst it could possibly be, but it made the night interesting.

Her head would gently tilt at the mention of the occupation. “Ah, a messy job indeed. I assume you get quite the business your way” Odessa laughed lightly. “Lucky for you nagas prefer meat. I’m sure I’ll make an excuse to come and visit your shop in tithe future. Though I couldn’t take free samples, i wouldn’t forgive myself if I could give you anyting in return.” Perhaps there were options for paying in full like he deserved.

The woman sat up, looking out to the water, tempted to go in. She’d look over her should again and smiled at Darius. “Water might not be my best companion, but it’ll be better wit company if you’d like to join for a swim?”
Nov 14 2017, 06:16 PM
Kelpie
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
Darius raised an eyebrow when she said what she was, and he smiled. “I’ve met a few Naga in my life, but never a Sanskrit Naga. I hear your kind is quite rare.” It made her unique, and it made him like her all the more. It was true though – he had met a few Naga in the world, and that included a few here in San Francisco. One of them was part of the black market, even, and the other was hardly worth mentioning, simply because she was a whore. There was one little thing about Naga that he particularly liked, but he wasn’t about to mention that in the here and now. Not in front of someone who seemed more polite company than either of the two Naga he had met before now.

“Oh I hate the media,” he told her, “they never seem to get anything right. And they’re always poking around my shop, as though trying to decide if I’m peddling more than advertised.” The fact that he sold mortal flesh wasn’t a widely advertised thing. Most people knew that he catered to Wendigo and Kelpie specifically, and it was not difficult to deduce what that meant. But still, even with that knowledge, it didn’t deter people from coming to buy from him. The product he sold was good, and there was no doubt about that. He’d many return customers that always came back regularly for their orders. Some people ordered the same thing every week, and others had special orders. But every one of them came back to his shop. The security cameras he had in the shop told him that much.

“Sometimes things are best left in the past, yes,” he was a man that sounded as though he knew from experience, and that couldn’t be more true, “The same might be said for the Fae realm. I liked it there, but there is a reason I am here and not there. My parents, for example.” His mother never wanted him to begin with, and he’d never even seen his father. As far as he knew, both of them were dead, and it was easier to believe that then try to have hope that they were still out in either world, somewhere. And then, of course, there was his own family, and in the same sense, he believed it was easier for them to think him dead than to have hope that he was going to come back to them. He wasn’t. Not ever. He cut ties with them after his last child was born, and left his family in the South where they belonged, with a lot of his established fortune and a plantation to do with what they wanted. Since then he’d made another fortune, and so there was no love lost between him and his old life.

“Splendid,” he smiled again, “It’d be nice to have a day where I do little to nothing,” he laughed a bit, “I didn’t think this business would take off as it has. I knew it’d be popular, of course, but I am so busy now.” Being busy was not a bad thing, by far. But it was nice to have a life outside of work.

“That sounds like it was an experience. I do hope that no one was permanently affected by it. I hear that something like that might be traumatic to someone. The dying part, specifically.” He had heard that some were affected more than others. Fae had a funny way of being tricky, and the Unseelie Fae were the supposed ‘darker’ of the two factions. As a member of the Unseelie Fae, he didn’t see anything wrong with a little snafu making someone’s day a little interesting… it had meant to be in good fun, or at least, that was the way he understood it.

“Yes, I do. I wasn’t aware of the dense population of flesh eaters out here. I do suppose it makes sense, however. Cities often attract all kinds of different people.” He nodded when she said she couldn’t take free samples. That was understandable. When she asked if he’d like to join her for a swim, he said, “Of course. It’s been a while since I’ve swam in the ocean. Sounds fun.” And as it was stated, he sorely needed fun in his life. He stood up, then, putting his things to the side and offered his hand to the Naga to help her up, like the gentleman he was. “No time like the present. Last one in has to buy the other dinner?” He offered – and of course he was going to hang back, intentionally losing the little race to the water because he wanted to buy her dinner.
Nov 26 2017, 06:38 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
The naga would hold back that she had been affected last Halloween to the incident. Granted she didn’t have the worst that others did. Odessa has lucked out on the Holiday one. With a little smile Darius had held out his hands to help her stand. She’d proceed to put her hat and things to the side so they wouldn’t be blown away. Taking his hands, her warm heat would touch his natural warm blooded skin that felt warm, but not as much. Her smile would radiate through her dark skin lips as she took his wrist instead of running.

Playfully tugging the Kelpie to the water so they’re wouldn’t be a winner or loser. “How ‘ bout we to have it a tie ah?” Odessa would kick her heels in the sand not letting the man hang back to completely loose the ‘race’. Once they reached the shores the naga would stop, letting the wave hit her ankles, instantly making her cold from the bottom while the sun kept her warmer from the waist up. Swimming might not have been smart for a fire naga, of all creatures, but she wouldn’t die if she’d try to stay in. She believed Darius was completely harmful after all.

If he wanted to buy her dinner, surely he didn’t mean any harm other than to spoil her.

With a first few steps, Odessa would slowly begin to walk into the ocean. The body of water slowly making her skin feel colder by the second as she proceeded to become submerges to the waist up. She’s smile over to Darius. “I’m not very good at telling temperature, everything is colder to me. How would you describe it? Just right or colder?” Arms would finally start to come down to dip into salty ocean. A small slight feeling of panic would cross over her heart beat, but it was calmly sooth by seeing the shore wasn’t too far off.

A hold of her breath, the woman took a dive and dunked herself under. Air would fill her lungs again when she breached the surface. She’s wipe the water from her eyes and offer Darius a smile again, encouraging him to do the same. “If a fire fae can dive so can you, come on!”
Dec 6 2017, 08:25 PM
Kelpie
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
Honestly Darius hadn’t expected her to take his wrist. Apparently he’d figured her wrong, but that was understandable, given that this was indeed their first meeting. He smiled as she took his wrist, and he took it as a sign to follow her, seeing what she wanted to do. Her words confirmed that, and he kept up with her to the water’s edge. As a Kelpie, it wasn’t a wise decision to take to the open water, but it’d not hurt him. He followed her out, feeling the cold waves hit his ankles, and he also felt the water level rise as he got further out into the ocean with Odessa. The cold was never much of an issue for the water Fae. He was used to it.

“It’s a bit colder than the lakes and rivers I’m used to, but it’s a comfortable temperature to me,” he’d tell her, wading over to her, the water below his waist. He was significantly taller than Odessa, which didn’t bother him none, but it meant he could brave the deeper water a little easier than she – which was exactly what he did, even in spite of his instincts telling him to turn back. The thing about being a predator – it wasn’t a wise decision to enter another predator’s domain, and the ocean was where sharks were. He’d make an easy meal for a shark that got too close to shore. It was due to this fact that he watched the waves closely. But the good thing was that he did not spot any fins moving above the waves. That was a good thing at least.

He watched with a smile on his face as Odessa went to further brave the waves, diving underneath the surface of the ocean to vanish only for a few moments. She breached the surface and told him to do the same – which faded the smile he wore a little. Hesitant though he might have been, a daring smirk crossed his face, and he went out into a bit of deeper water, diving into it. He opened his eyes under the water, and swam over to where Odessa was. Suddenly he shot up behind her, playfully snagging her in his grasp around her waist at the moment when he said, “Gotcha!” Laughing, he slunk back into the water, facing her and moving his arms to swim backward, looking as though he was challenging her to play with him in the water. It had been a long time since he’d done any kind of playing with another person that didn’t involve sex.

Ironically sex was probably the furthest thing from his mind as he played with her in the water. If she chose to get close to him, he’d splash her playfully and slip just out of reach, purposefully staying nearly in reach just to make things interesting. “So since there was no winner or loser to the race I proposed, does that mean I get to buy you dinner? What kind of food do you like?” He’d attempt to have a serious conversation with her, although the smile on his face suggested he wanted to play. Honestly he wasn’t the type to play, too overworked and too serious – but it seemed that it was the circumstances, or it might have been Odessa herself, that brought out this side of him. He’d have liked to think it was because she was a unique person. Certainly she was interesting enough.
Dec 13 2017, 05:01 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
Odessa wasn’t surprised when he aimed for the deeper ends of the water. She almost worried about her temperature but so far felt fine. She’d smile watching him dive and watched his form move under the water. A small side step would try to move away but in the end she was capture with his hands. Even if she saw it coming she still gave a jump response. “Blousenawt!” a rather native curse word of surprise that made her accent roll. Still, she laughed looking over her shoulder to look at him before he started to swim backwards away in a rather playful demeanor.

The naga would play along, swimming closer, but rather slowly so the splashes wouldn’t hit too direct with her face. Arms would help block the water as a shield as she swayed with the waves. “I’m rather open for types of food. I lean towards spicier things really. It helps give me a taste when I rather can taste much.” The poor disappointment in being the species that she was, taste buds were never really a thing. Her arms would every now and again reach out as if she was going to grab him, but effortlessly let him slip through her grasp. “Mainly, imma meat eater really, of any sorts.” That gave many options around the world.

The lack of attention behind her with the open ocean started to sneak up on the naga as she gave a little more bold approach. Odessa didn’t’ realize the rather large wave pushes them and while she went to reach the wave drastically pushed her forward and she collided drastically with the Kelpie in front of her. Her reflects grabbed on to the closes thing to secure balance in case of water was inhaled and that structure so happened to be Darius’s shoulders and arms.

A laugh would escape as her feet would feel the shallower end once the wave had died off. The Jamaican would smile wiping the water from her face as she looked up at him,”[/b]I suppose the waters hav a mind of their own aye?”[/b] Grasp released the Naga would find balance again and let her arms hover out on her sides to keep herself up right in the water as the smaller ways pushed and pulled them along its path. “Why don we start with the bonfire tonight? Ten perhaps at a later date we can arrange a dinner. If you’re still interested in doing such at the end of the day”
Dec 18 2017, 08:00 PM
Kelpie
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
Playfully swimming backward, he was laughing as she swam closer to him. He tried not splashing her in the face, but some of the splashes may or may not have accidentally hit her in the face. “Oh yes, spicier foods are one way to go for certain,” he’d tell her, “I like them, too. I do love a good green chili if I can get a hold of it. Have you ever had green chili?” It was possible she hadn’t. New Mexico was known for its green chili, and though it was possible to get it elsewhere, it wasn’t as common the further you got away from the state. If she hadn’t, maybe that was something he could introduce her to? He knew he served green chili bratwurst from time to time, carrying it in mild, hot, and extra hot.

He let her come close a time or two to grabbing him, but he’d slink out of her grasp, swimming away from her. He did manage not to go too deep in the water for both their sakes. “Oh that is a shame. Is that because you’re a naga?” He’d ask, curious. He honestly knew more than most about naga, but he didn’t know everything. Just like he was sure there were no certifiable Kelpie experts out there that hadn’t even picked up a book about the species. “Then you could make use of a butcher’s services then?” He’d ask her when she mentioned being a meat eater. And of course, as a new friend, he could give her discounts and give her details on when the specials were so she could get them whenever they occurred. “Do you have a favorite meat?” He had to ask, mainly because meat was his business.

When they were suddenly knocked backward by the wave, Darius moved to position himself in front of her so that the wave would hit him and not her. When it subsided, he let out a laugh, holding Odessa up a bit so that she wouldn’t be overwhelmed by the wave. “They can get a little unpredictable – that’s for sure.” He’d tell her. “Yeah, that sounds like it’ll be fun.” He’d add a moment later when she mentioned starting with the bonfire. He’d play in the water with her for a while longer before heading back to the towel he’d laid down on the beach. He did glance to see if the fire naga was following him.

Later on in the night it would be time for the bonfire, and it was roaring down the beach by the time he and the naga joined in on the festivities. There was food being passed around, music playing, people dancing – and you could barely begin to make out the stars if you glanced upward. The sun was down now. People were laughing, telling stories. He’d set his bag down with the stuff he’d brought, and say to her, “Well, what should we do? Sit and talk at the fire? Dance? Lady’s choice.” He told her, flashing her a charming smile.
Dec 22 2017, 04:51 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie

As fast as the day started it would have come to an end with the sun setting. Their time was fun. Some swimming and then laying back onto the towel where the sun would hit against them with its warmth. Consider her lucky if such a day would be had for the last warmer one until the next season. The bonfire would pull in a bit for a crowd. Some that had been there from earlier in the day and those that came just for that event. Odessa would have dressed back into her wrap around her waist and top, but still felt colder than everyone else.

The fire was warm. Odessa found a spot for the two of them near the fire. If he felt too warm they could always move, she didn’t mind. Her hands would cross over her stomach admiring the flames momentarily before she felt his presence back beside her. Her head would turn, giving him a smile. A little laugh would ruffled her shoulders, “you’re giving me too many choices Darius, surely there is something you prefer to do?” The naga would begin to stretch her arms towards the fire, flexing her flingers so they could warm up again without her having to do it herself.

They had talked so much already, it may have seemed silly to talk even more. Odessa looked into the fire, breathing in the smog and flames. “Hmm.. well if we eat first we mite not be able to dance very well. Of course I’m open to possibilities.” The naga may have spoken one thought but her skin would say another. Small goose bumps across her arms and legs from trying to warm up from the sudden loss of the sun. She wouldn’t say anything, because she didn’t think it was important.

Odessa would calmly take the man’s hand and begin to stand up and tug him lightly towards the open area where others were dancing. Movement would keep them warm enough. She didn’t account for slow songs but she doubted that much would happen. “Com’ on. Let’s dance”
Dec 24 2017, 08:41 PM
Kelpie
Heterosexual
Single
Darius

awards

J-Chan
She/her | MST | |
The day itself would draw to an end, the sun setting in the west. Its rays would cast over the water, shining and beautiful as the sky was painted all sorts of beautiful colors. Darius noticed such things – but he never took time to appreciate them; at least, these days he hardly did. It was nice for a moment to stop the rushing around and just look at the sun as it set over the water. After they laid out on the beach for a time, he’d slip a black and white Hawaiian style shirt over his head that he pulled from his bag, and donned a pair of sandals, also pulled from his bag. The towel would be folded and put away, all before they would go to the bonfire. The shirt matched his trunks, which were also black with white stripes running down the sides of them.

The fire was warm against his skin when they reached it. When he finally joined Odessa by the fire, and she’d speak to him, he’d laugh a little and say, “Don’t you know ladies should always have first pick? Or is that faux pas nowadays?” Had he any idea of her age, perhaps he wouldn’t have asked such a question – but he was also kind of fishing for her age, too, if only to know it for himself. Women sometimes didn’t like men to know their ages for whatever reasons. And he could understand that, from a predator’s perspective. Lead the person into thinking that you were their age, and they made for an easier meal. Lull them into a false sense of security, too and ---

God, did he remember to eat again today? This thinking of food had him thinking that he hadn’t as of yet, and while it wouldn’t kill him to go without flesh today, it still made him look at the people at the bon fire in a way that was a little unsettling. But let’s be honest here: it was the look that he gave most people, at least until he’d gotten to know them or decided they wouldn’t make a very good meal.

He listened as she offered the observation of eating first before dancing. Yes, she had a point. “Okay then. Dancing might be the logical choice then, wouldn’t it?” Chuckling a little, he did happen to take notice that she looked a little cold. The day had been warm, and as far as he could tell, the night would be a mild one. Cool, but perhaps not uncomfortably so? He hadn’t put two and two together until that moment. Fire Fae? Surely she would get cold if exposed to the elements for too long. She didn’t say anything, so he wouldn’t bring it up.

She took his hand, then, right about the time he was getting ready to ask her if she was okay. He smiled at her enthusiasm, and deduced that they’d be fine – and more importantly, that she would be fine. “Okay, let’s.” He told her, and started dancing with her – the song that was playing was a little quick, but he kept up easily. He held on to her hands, and spun her around at the proper moments. The song that had been playing was Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys, and of course it would be such a song that would be played. It was when the track skipped to another Beach Boys song that he decided it was a Beach Boys soundtrack that they were playing. Hmm, fancy that.

“Fancy that, huh? Beach Boys – on a beach… right?” He laughed. Who didn’t know who the Beach boys were? But then again, she wasn’t from the USA, so perhaps she’d not know who they were? “Do you know of them?” He asked, pulling her a bit closer when it switched to a bit of a slower song.
Jan 5 2018, 04:54 PM
Sanskrit Fire Naga
Unseelie Court
Demisexual
Single
Dessa

awards

soft heart
Yukie
Odessa gave him a little laugh. “Tat’s a very traditional way of tinking Darius. I wound imagine that centuries ago. Along with the lack of choice woman actually had society wise.” She’d stop, imaging that this conversation was not suited to go deeper than it already did. There was a lot she’d dealt with being not only just a woman, but a black Jamaican woman. Although as a fae she chose her glamour form, she felt she was this was her true imagine of a past life or alternate self. Strange, for a fae to find comfort in a form that was not native, but she did if she was able to be among others to learn with. “I like de idea of compromising. I find it’s much more suitable for modern life as we treat each other as equals, or as I like to tink so.”

Despite how cold she felt, the naga would still encourage and take the kelpie’s hand to the area where people were dancing. The woman would smile leaving the cold to bed held in the back of her mind as she focused on Darius and their movements together. It wasn’t very often she could dance like this. Turn, spin and laugh all around with others like they were at a festival. Perhaps it was like one. The end of the summer until the season would start again.

At points where she was spun, the last would guide her to be closer to the man. Her hands holding to his shoulders for balance as the songs changed back and forth. The Beach Boys rang a small bell, but she wasn’t familiar with many songs.“In passing, I’ve heard of them.” Odessa spoke over the music as it became a little louder. “Can’t say I know their songs by heart or by title.” The songs would continue to play as they moved back and forth. Her heart rate would rise thus making her feel warmer than before. Everything would be fine, there wasn’t anything to worry about.

Then the songs would switch to something slow. Odessa wouldn’t feel shy and moved closer to Darius as she properly put her arms around his neck as they began to sway. It wasn’t a bad last day for summer. “Well, Darius, I didn’t’ expect my visit at the beach to be so exciting. I should do well and remember to visit your shop when I have the chance and take you on that offer of free samples.” She gently smiled at him.

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 

Closed

New Thread

Black Prism ruinandrise UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom All of Me Fractured The Four Dimensions OCULI VIDENTIUM 

Shadowplay RPG-D
Tagbox requires separate login. Sign up using the gear below.

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.