| Staff | Member | Guest
NO: plotting, tagging or advertising in cbox

fugu stat
e
Welcome to fugue state!

We're a premium, no WC, 18+ supernatural site set in San Francisco, California. Please register first & last in proper case. If you have any questions poke our cbox or contact a staff member and we'll get back to you ASAP!~

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Thread!

Itchy Feet, @Sarah / Adeline
Adam Girard
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 09:16 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
You see it isn't that Adam likes making trouble, it's just that trouble tends to like Adam.
The Artful Dodger

"I pick the girl up. I drop the girl off. I say nothing. I see nothing. That all?" He spoke into his cell phone around a mouth brimming with smoke. The sensual furls of gray smoke rose from his moving lips and wafted away on the cool California breeze. It was a day for being at the beach, but that was not his lot in life. Of course it fucking wasn't. Here he was perched on the hot metal trunk of his car in the middle of a concrete jungle that only barely pretended to be the California of legend. "Not for nothin boss, but I'm gonna have to see something. I mean I am driving the car."

Silence on the other end of the line. Apparently the undead was not up to being amused today. What was new. No one had promised him laughs when he'd taken this gig. A get out of jail free card, yes. Shits and giggles, nada. He had to make those for himself. "Alright, I'm on it." Adam ended the call without saying goodbyes. Definitely no chatting around the water cooler today. He flicked the cigarette butt away with his fingers as he slid off the trunk of his Chevy and moved away from it.

Apparently they wanted a car that wouldn't lead back to him, or that's what Viktor had said, though why such precautions needed to be taken for some chick he had no idea. Leave it to Viktor not to mention that the woman in question was another wolf. A laugh a minute, really, one every fucking minute with this guy. But for the moment any information on who he was picking up was on a need to know basis and apparently Adam did not need to know. He just needed to do Which was pretty par for the course.

He moved down the sidewalk with that easy swagger of long legs and checked the cars he passed until he spotted one that looked primed for it. Something parked just around a blind corner. Something of a year and model that wouldn't be equipped with any kind of security system. Easy pickins. He jimmied the door and closed it behind him after climbing inside. Then bent over the steering wheel as he reached underneath for the paneled compartment that hid all the delicate wires that could be manipulated to start the engine.

Engine purring? Not a bit of it. The Cabriolet was from the 90s at least and if such a car had ever purred he wasn't aware of it. Still, it was a convertible. A fact he would make use of as he rolled down the street. Putting the top down and pretending that this wasn't some lowly job an Uber driver could've done just as well. Nah, instead he made of it an afternoon jaunt, some thing with wind in his hair and the crackling sound of tunes coming from an old stereo as he headed farther into the downtown bar district to find Mystery Woman Numero Uno.

Grand scheme of things......

It definitely wasn't the worst thing Viktor had ever asked him to do.

Adam cruised the block slowly as he searched the car. The glove box revealed maps (who the fuck even used those anymore?), a pair of aviator glasses, and a stun gun. Convinced now that this was the car of an ineffective serial killer he grabbed the glasses before slamming shut the glove box again. He shook out the arms of the glasses and fitted them onto his face to block the golden rays of the late afternoon sun. Yet even with the golden tint of the glasses he wasn't so blind as to miss the shine of blonde hair and the colorful tattoos of the woman leaned against the brick wall of some club. Both club and woman decorated up like pieces of art.

It made him chuckle softly to himself. "See nothing my ass." He muttered to himself as he pulled the car up to the curb. Maybe the whole thing was completely innocent. But Adam wasn't. And for him assumption number one was that this was some wild oat his boss was looking to sew. More power to him. Leaning his arms on the doorframe he looked at the woman...nay...wolf (Viktor you stunningly uninformative piece of shit) over the top edge of his sunglasses. "Adeline I presume?" Doctor Livingston she was not and all the better for it likely.

Adam pushed open the door and stepped out with a head nod to her as he circled around to the passenger side. The door was pulled open and he affected a bow that was clearly mocking if good natured even in that. "Looks like I'm driving you Miss Daisy. Your chariot awaits." He assumed Viktor had explained to her that he would send someone to give her a ride. That she couldn't leave a car parked at his house. All those little niceties that came part and parcel with hiding things from people. If he hadn't then....Adam would just look insane. Both were true in a way.

"I'm Adam." He said as he reached to capture her hand and bring it to his lips for a kiss more mischievous than galant. What the hell. He'd already broken the say nothing and see nothing rules. Might as well go for the trifecta and break the touch nothing rule that was unspoken but probably there nontheless. It wasn't a lingering touch so what were they gonna do really? Kill him? Have Fiona peg him? Whatever. After Adie climbed into the car he circled around again and got behind the wheel of the car to get them on their way.

But what did two people talk about on a long drive when they weren't supposed to be talking? "So this Jewish Bubbe takes her little grandson to the beach and he gets swept away by a tidal wave. She is distraught." He begins the joke as he pulls away from the bar and into the light traffic heading South. "She prays to God Please! Lord God if you will save my Grandson I'll be forever grateful! And when the next wave comes in it carried her grandson back to her. She cradled him in her arms and looks up to the heavens and says 'He had a hat!'" What was better than a Jewish man telling jokes about Jews being cheap? Okay, maybe a lot of things, but it would do for a start.

"Ba dum dum ching"

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 3 2017, 08:26 PM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
You were sharp as a knife to get me. You were a wolf in the night to fetch me back. The wishes I’ve made are too vicious to tell. The devil, already he knows me so well.
whiskey wolf

Adeline needed this, like every (ish) being needed water to sustain life. She'd never been one too proud to reach outside of herself for help and while this might not have been your traditional help, at the end of the day it was just that. That a weekend away, out of the city and well separated from both pack and the emotions they stirred with every mournful glance and soft pat on a shoulder, came with stipulations was of no great consequence to the she-wolf. They weren't vast or numbering and while the thought of being stuck in a car with someone sent to fetch her wasn't a thought she reveled in it was a necessary compliance to a much needed vacation. New alpha taken into account her absence was noted as it might not have been with her predecessor, but with respect came the knowledge of her needed fleeing. And so with a promise to return by weekend's end she'd slide herself to work under the hovering knowledge that the end of her day would be met with the sating of itchy feet.

She'd not know what to expect of this chauffeur of hers, though the car that rolled to a stop and the man who issued her name like a calling card, were not at all it. Watched the pair a moment from behind the dark shade of her sunglasses, shamelessly so though she wouldn't have needed the shield at all to excuse this of her. The end of a cigarette, conveniently perched between her fingers after some coworker hadn't the time to finish it, was finished in a final drag and stamped beneath the toe of her boot while the other moved to shove her off the wall with a nod that might as well have been a physical yes, drawled and languid in its calm cant of her chin.

Her wander was nothing quick, following his progression around this unassuming convertible, noting the soft scent of her own though it sat as wholly unfamiliar beyond that, spinning for her assumptions over rogue statues that her inner omega wanted nothing more than to squash. Now's not the time. There was amusement written plainly across the surface of her as she trailed along, the door opened with a bow that tipped the expression on her face deeper as name is offered and hand is hoisted from her side. The lips across her knuckles would draw a laugh, some soft lyrical thing that moved her released hand to perch on a hip as the bag slung over her shoulder is deposited haphazardly into the back seat.

"Aren't you fuckin' adorable,"

Hand shifting to pat his cheek, a soft contact that scrunched her nose in amusement before slipping herself into the car to settle while he shut the door and rounded to join her other side. His voice, a thing she'd note lilted in a way that might lend itself well to more than talking, like a rousing evening... of karaoke, sounded as he settled and they slid off the curb. She'd listen half in observation and half in deep pondering over the nature of his relationship with Viktor, one that she'd not been informed of beyond 'someone will pick you up'. The stretch of her grin was as easy as it always was, mattered little the tumble of shit just beneath the surface, the rest of her lent far too well to joviality. When he finally got to his punch line her laughter would return, just as quiet and easily offered as before. A hand sliding through her hair, twisting it at its gathered end to keep it semi controlled, her own voice would pick up in the quiet where he left off.

"It's going to be one of those rides, eh? Alright."

The Irishwoman would spend a moment, thoughtful under the guise of coming up with something of equal merit for her own people..

"Paddy and Sean are planning to go out on a Saturday night, but only have 50 cents between them. Paddy has an idea, he takes the 50 cents, goes to a butchers and buys a sausage. Sean is furious, their only 50 cents and Paddy spent it on a sausage?! But Paddy lets him in on his plan. 'When we go into the next pub, order two pints, when it comes to payin' you go down on your knees, unzip my pants, pull the sausage out and start sucking on it'. Sean's skeptical but trusts Paddy. So, they go into the first pub and do exactly as Paddy suggested. The barmaid is disgusted by the sight and kicks them out without bother over their tab. As Paddy's plan seems to be working they carry on... At the 12th pub, both are several sheets to the fuckin' wind and Sean isn't lookin' to good. They finish their pints and Sean drawls-- 'I can't do this anymore, Paddy, my bloody knees are killin' me!'. Paddy replies-- 'No worries mate... I lost that bloody sausage in the third pub!'

The grin on her face bunches dimples into her cheeks, smug and proud, leave it the Irish to counter a story about a boy and grandmother with something conveniently lewd. The city is paid little attention as they slid through its gray, park-spotted landscape. Curiosity getting the better of her she'd slide a little further into her seat, making herself at home as it were before her attention slid back to the wolf beside her. "You're not at all what I expected," a casual mention, conversational. "He didn't tell you anything did he?... No. Of course he fucking didn't," she'd answer her own question with a hand wave. "Did he give you stipulations too?" The mischievous lilt of her voice was little more than a dig for gossip.

He did, didn't he? Do tell!~

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 11:37 AM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
You see it isn't that Adam likes making trouble, it's just that trouble tends to like Adam.
The Artful Dodger

"Abso-fucking-lutely."

What else could he be expected to do besides agree resolutely to the complete and utter fact of his adorableness. Just tie a ribbon on him and call him a birthday present. Cuter than a puppy and won't mess on the rug. Quite a bonus. While Adeline might have been feeling some tug of obligation towards her pack and his apparent status of all that screamed outsider he was delightedly unaware of such convictions. Being around a wolf who was unknown didn't bother him. If it did then he'd have had to quit his job long ago with all the shit Viktor sent him out to do. It would have been a real hindrance. Besides, he'd never much enjoyed that game of join our club. Wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have him for a member; the usual song and dance.

The joke cracked through the ice that had never been there to begin with and he enjoyed the sound of her laugh. It matched his; since of course he laughed along to his own joke. Then, still grinning, listened to her return serve with keen interest. An Irish joke. Who didn't like those? All things Paddy and potatoes and drunken mischief. This story was no less funny than the opening suggested, and Adam gave ready laughter for the gift of her joke. "You're pretty adorable yourself y'know. Not just anyone could pull off an Irish blowjob joke with such gusto."

Or maybe they could. He hadn't really come across the situation often, and enjoyed it all the more for that. As Adeline relaxed into her seat he glanced over at her with that trademarked smile still set in place across wide lips. "Do tell Blondie. What exactly were you expecting?" Adam's smile cut a sharp dimple in just one cheek and held there as he turned his eyes back to the road. Wouldn't do to get the boss's girl smeared all over the pavement. "No, wait. Lemme guess." Adam made a show of thinking; that thing he so rarely did with any earnest intent. Thick black brows, a heavy familial trait, pulled together as he screwed his mouth up...so deep in thought.

"Youuuuu expected......some foppy man in a suit who would be boring as fuck. Driving a town car with a panel that separated you from him the whole way, which would've been just as well cause you wouldn't want to talk to him anyway? That about cover it?" Maybe that hadn't been what she expected but it's for damn sure what he would've expected Viktor to send if their roles were reversed. Chuckling softly he glanced at her again. "Nah. Boss hasn't left his roots quite that far behind." Not all the time anyway.

The smile was pretty much plastered on now, and the laugh as well, that easy rumble, seemed affixed to the sound of his voice. "Oh sugar they rarely tell me shit. Not the real shit anyway. Just orders and...yes, rules. Orders and rules enough to fuck with my complexion but..." He rolled one shoulder in a half shrug. "Guys gotta make a living right?" Which wasn't quite the whole story but it was enough for Adam to be giving out at the moment.

That mischievous quality to her voice drew him in easily enough. Had him leaning slightly towards her to brush his shoulder to hers for a moment. Just two girls gossiping. No big deal. Right? Right. "I pick up the girl. I drop off the girl. I say nothing. I see nothing." Adam straightened behind the wheel as they got on the 101 and his grin broadened. "How'm I doing?" Epicly failing he suspected. But he had serious doubts that Viktor and Fiona ever expected him to take their orders as seriously as they gave them. He might have been wrong about that but Adam found it very hard to care.

"I figure it goes without saying that I'm not actually supposed to ask you what any of this is about. However. If you just felt overwhelmed or verklempt about this whole sordid affair and felt some deep seated need to just tell me....well....they didn't give you any stipulations now did that?" If there was ever a loophole to be found then Adam was sure to find it. "And then of course there's always charades. No rules about charades. What two consenting adults choose to play in the privacy of their own Cabriolet is completely their own business."

The wind was in their hair with the top down, sun shining, music playing soft from the stereo. It was a downright gorgeous fucking day. If the girl in the passenger seat was anyone else...or more to the point...if she was going to see anyone else....then he might have just absconded with her to the beach. Would've been a good day for it. But she wasn't. And even Adam was only willing to bend the rules till they damn near broke, but he wasn't quite willing to stick his dick in a bee hive just for a day at the beach.

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 06:27 PM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
You were sharp as a knife to get me. You were a wolf in the night to fetch me back. The wishes I’ve made are too vicious to tell. The devil, already he knows me so well.
whiskey wolf

"Of course I am~," it'd ring her from her tongue with a grin that clung to the sound of her voice just as well as it did her face, turned her words sunny and vivacious as her gaze slid casually back to traffic. "It's really all to do with the amount of fucks you give," spoken like she were informing him on how best to give a blowjob joke, in case the need every arose. "You can't spare a single one. Just gotta whip it out and and hope they aren't suddenly offended." A shrug over this subject that was still obviously about jokes. "Always easier to apologize for indecency after the fact, right?" Right. The well trained smile on his face pointed her in a direction that would note him as someone who seemingly knew this well enough, an assumption, but she'd have bet money on it nonetheless.

The rogue, another assumption, would ponder over her thoughts on how odd he was for this job in her eyes. Taking a wild stab that wasn't so wild at all and painting her thoughts out like they were seeing the same exact man. Her amusement was golden when it flashed her teeth in a gentled laugh and the quiet scrunching of her nose. "Nail on the head. Though you would look adorable in a little hat, you're much too tall. All proper chauffeurs must be short and adorably squat." Had to be. If it wasn't a rule before she'd just made it as such. She wasn't disappointed however, in his lacking of any of this, such as her tone would imply, all amused and easily tickled as it was. Though by the look of her, the she-wolf wasn't one to find much bad in any situation she was shoved into.

"Right."

Agreed with a curt nod that did nothing to match the perpetual lingering smile that stretched across her face. "Doesn't much surprise, all fake marriages and jonesing for a big white house taken into account," all those rules and she'd speak of them and the people they were connected to as if it were some blase topic. Rules were not a thing she signed herself up for so willingly but she understood their need in this occasion. It was what it was and she'd adhere, if only to see herself away to paint some rarely seen gentled and warmed smile across a face that was more often than naught far too stern.

It was the sort of smile that warmed hers even now, easily a warmth played off as the inner wolf in her cooing silently over this brushing of shoulders. It would and did. Mattered not that she couldn't feel the tug of him at the center of her chest or not, he was still wolf and into that her own pale creature would lean. "Not too bad," little more than a laugh, her words would trickle from her tongue as a hand shifted to slide hair from her face as the speed of the highway saw fit to fluster it. Back and away she'd ignore it and continue. "Your say nothing could use some work, but--" her glance sideways would push a dimple into her cheek as her smile pooled to one side. "You've not seen anything... yet?--" Mischievous her tone would drift over the breeze, smiled her deeper still as she slid a bit and pressed her head against the seat back-- "and I do suspect you'll get me there in at least a few sturdy pieces. So, really. three out of four is pretty fucking good. B? B plus? Don't worry though, I'll give you a five star uber review, even if you do fail your see nothing clause."

That easy breathy laugh would wane softly as he moved to speak, her chin rolling to the side to watch him as he did so, noted him in a manner that would commit him to memory and while he wasn't familiar in the least she found nothing off putting in his presence. Easy and casual he sat there as nothing but an adorable, too tall, good looking, rogue wolf chauffeur here to whisk her off to some other tall towering man. "They did not." Chirped and merry from her throat. "So. Charades then?" Her grin full and toothy her gaze would roll back to the road before swiveling itself to the other edge of her vision to watch the passing of the world just outside them.

"I do wonder what you think of me,"

A soft hum. "An exotic itch to scratch, maybe?" She wasn't what she'd have pictured the straight-backed vampire gravitating towards if their stances had been reversed. She'd ponder a moment. "I suppose I could also just be your run-of-the-mill escort," a shoulder would shrug her tone as casual as the shifting back of her eyes. "I've actually known Viktor for a long while... met him long before he picked up that fucking ridiculous Texas drawl of his," a laugh that warmed her face and settled her a bit. A drawl that didn't suit him at all, though suited the cause just fine. "If he entrusted you to this... then you must know Fiona?" A brow would rise as she studied him and his reaction to the curious tone of her voice.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 08:23 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
The Artful Dodger

He gave a soft chucking sound. Half a chuckle equals a chuck in case anyone is really counting. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. Honey you're singing my tune." That had been a philosophy of life for him for as long as he could remember. Not that it had stood him on solid ground most of the time. But since he'd never found a scrape yet that he couldn't manage to get out of he didn't think that he was doing too badly. No one lived forever right? "Besides, you should absolutely never apologize for indecency." He looked proper put out by the very idea as he glanced over at her. "For instance if you wanted to stand up and get your tits out right now just to tease the passing motorists I wouldn't be offended at all. I promise."

Also true. Though likely not going to happen.

And the world was a sadder place for that.

"Damn straight." She agreed with him on the need to make a living at least, and he agreed with her agreement so that they became a veritable circle jerk of agreeing with one another. Though it was a day for agreement; all sunshine and ocean breezes. "You give me a five star Uber rating and I swear I'll get you there with three out of four limbs still in tact. How's that for a bargain." He'd go for all limbs, too good a package to disrupt really, but you never could tell. Especially if they were going to have a go at playing Charades in a Cabriolet that was barreling down the curving 101 at 70 miles per hour.

He looked towards her. Noting her head turned away. Eyes focused for the moment on the passing scenery; something made of gorgeous cliffs and a stretch of ocean that was blue to the horizon. Adam licked his lips and settled his gaze back out on the road. The question she asked might have been playful but it wasn't.....quite. It held something to it that he could quite name but could recognize nonetheless. "Nah, honey. I've known enough escorts in my time to know when I'm looking at one. You're not nearly hard enough for that life." He grinned. "Not that there's anything wrong with upholding the standing of the worlds oldest profession, but you've got way too much light in your eyes and blush in your cheeks to make me believe it."

Whatever his boss was doing with this woman Adam doubted very seriously that he was paying her. At the mention of the vampires Texas drawl Adam laughed and it was a full throated thing of wonder. "Fuck that accent. When I met him he didn't have it either, but Texas man....shit. They'd buy anything if you stamped a drawl on it." Adam had loathed the time they'd spent in the South. Dallas had it's charms and he wouldn't deny that, but there was nothing about that place that had made him want to stay.

"I'd rather take a bullet in the nuts than get sent back there again."

Southerners. Charming. Living in the South. Fuck no.

At the mention of Fiona his smile became something both deeper and more cunning. He looked at her and caught that curious edge to her tone. "I do." The words weren't careful. They were a tease. Something that wondered just what it was she wanted to know about the future First Lady; if such a thing was ever to come to pass. "Does that mean you don't?" He asked as his eyes settled back on the road ahead of them. "Know Fiona I mean?" She had said that she'd met Viktor in the past and from what he knew Fiona had been a near constant in his life except for a few glaring blank spots. Yet if they hadn't met then it made whatever cloak and dagger shit this was seem that much more interesting.

Adam thought about Fiona for a moment and a raffish smile cut across his lips. Deciding whether to answer seriously or in jest was a more difficult job than it should have been. "She's...." Jesus. How do you solve a problem like Fiona? Adam could barely think past all the contradictions. "She's a bitch." That was true. Something that almost anyone who knew her would say about her. "But she owns it and deserves it so....you like her for it more than anything." At least he did. If Fiona were some creature all spun from cotton and easy on the senses then he doubted they would have gotten on as well as they did. Which was to say terribly, but he enjoyed the dysfunction of it. More than Fiona did he often suspected.

"You asking cause you're worried that's who he's hiding you from all the way out here?" Another guess, and for someone who was about as book smart as a wet mop he was actually pretty good at such assumptions. Adam chuckled over the idea. "Don't let it worry you much. They're not....." He struggled for a comparison then gave up and laughed at his own ineptitude. "Let's just say I'd already be dead if either of them was the jealous sort." Not that Adam had slept with Viktor cause, no, but he had a bit of a weakness for the other blonde in that particular fangy duo. Not that he was going to kiss and tell.....yet.

"So are you?" He asked with a smile. "Some exotic itch to scratch? Or are you two just getting together at the beach to talk over civic functions?" Mmm-hmmm sure. He would at least to pretend to believe whatever she told him for no other reason than a lady deserved her privacy when it was wanted. Before he could say so though the car stuttered in it's speed. It jerked and Adam gripped both hands to the wheel. "Aw fuck." He muttered as their speed started to decrease. Adam began to steer the car towards the right lane.

There was an exit up ahead and he whispered encouraging words to the car as he guided them towards it. Smoke was now lightly billowing out from under the hood and Adam was convinced that he'd boosted a lemon. Great. The slope of the exit ramp helped but they hadn't even reached the end of it when he was forced to steer them into the grass. "Shit." He said as the car came to a final stop, and then he pulled the phone from his pocket to check it. Worst came to worst he figured he could give Viktor a call, but when he looked at the phone he saw that he had no bars of service. He gave a chin nod towards Adie,

"Yours dead too?"

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 06:31 PM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

"Okay, deal.[/i]" Three out of four limbs was a pretty good percentage, she could only hope he lost her blank arm rather than any of the other three, after all, she'd not spent all that time and money just to lose it along the way to her vacation from life. It seemed only fair to save the parts that were worth more. Adeline doubted she'd be handed over with any less limbs than her four, not if Adam himself wanted to keep all of his. An assumption maybe, she wasn't entirely sure how Viktor would enact his revenge though she figured he likely would in some manner. He did seem very much the eye for an eye sort, that cold unflinching thing that most people saw was anyway. The one she saw through the lens of a camera though never in person.

"Maybe I'm just that good?"

Her laughter was too golden to uphold this farce, she'd have been a piss poor escort, that detachment from her feelings was an impossible task, the very one that made her all the better for her other, other, other job. The ring of his laughter, honest and boastful, would roll her gaze back, her grin shameless and wide across her face. "Yeah, or frame it with a pair of guns... or hang a fucking cowboy hat off of it. Sold." fucking Texas. They were nothing if not predicable, and into that, for the sheer and vast size of their population they were one easily gullible mark on the map every politician loved to get their hands on. Everyone knew someone from Texas didn't they? So much sway and all it took was the proper lilt of a tongue and they were putty. It was Adeline's turn to laugh, unhindered and sunny before it waned into a soft breathy giggle. "That's a fairly strong stance on hatred," it laughed from her throat as she leaned against his shoulder, her next words cooed and playful.

"Baby, who hurt you?? I'll light them on fire."

A promise given as she righting herself to watch the waver across his face as the other, other, other blonde was mentioned. A curious tip of her brow would come. He knew her and of course he did and of course he'd bait his current blonde companion into the soft shift that pinned her attention on him, like child waiting excitedly for their story. "Nope, she wasn't around when we--" a hand would wave the notion away, shifting to slide fingers through disobedient hair to toss it lightly over a shoulder. "He's always been good at compartmentalizing though, so it's not a surprise. I knew of her, but our paths never crossed." it was really as simple as that, whether she'd been around or not Adeline wasn't sure, but she'd never met the infamous Fiona.

Again it didn't surprise, you rarely tossed your wife (fake and future or not) in a room with your other woman and expected things to play out well.

Apparently Fiona was a bitch.

This notion smiled Adeline, it seemed oddly fitting, she couldn't rightly envision Viktor settling down with some sunny smiling thing, not for his penchant to brood and take things too seriously. It was perhaps why they'd always worked so well without strings, his temporary sunny day where he might have become too soft had he been subjected to it day in and day out. His assurance wasn't really needed though she'd offer a soft warm smile in thanks anyway. "Nah. I'm not here at his behest," she wasn't a summoned thing, though she'd likely have come if asked it wasn't the reason for her current presence. Her grin would stretch as shaded blue eyes loll to the side to peer at the other wolf. "He's not the only one that can make people jump when they say jump," sure it wasn't quite as simple as that, and it hadn't been a demand but it'd also have been a lie to say the vampire wasn't wrapped around her little finger, at least in part.

"This has nothing to do with business and everything to do with avoiding life. Still... it's possible I am just that," her tone framed her with doubt as the soft shrug painted her careless over its truth, if it held any at all. She didn't believe it, though it wasn't impossible, she'd likened herself to this decades ago when she'd been new and fresh and wilder than she was now. That exotic thing that could only be captured for a short time, but in that capture they'd built more than an itch that needed the occasional scratching. Was she simply an itch now? It was possible, but she doubted it.

Adeline wouldn't get far into this train of thought before the car, this trusty old boat they were in, suddenly decided it'd had enough of their bullshitting. A shift to the grass would see the sad smoking beast to a stop, Adeline's attention wry and lightly amused as it shifted to Adam and his phone. "I don't suppose this was actually a sanctioned piece of high end machinery, eh?" Her laugh seemed unperturbed as she fished her phone from her bag in the back seat. Its face would prompt hers to frown lightly. "I've got nothin',"

Of course.

"Well, I suppose if worse comes to worst, I can flag us down some attention with those tits you'd not be offended over seeing."

Her grin was easy and playful as she pushed herself from the car, bag slung across her frame. A hand shielding her eyes she'd glance up the off ramp to a sign that was only half helpful at this angle. Tavern, however was helpful, how far it was, was obscured by the bend of the old sign. "C'mon then, I won't let you get abducted from the side of the road alone," the link of her arm around his own was easy and thoughtless as she tugged him forward and towards this illustrious tavern that was 1 to 500 miles away. No big deal, they could use the exercise, though she was almost sure she'd greatly regret her choice of shoes in no time flat.

These boots? Were not made for walking.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 09:41 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
The Artful Dodger

Her assessment of his boss made Adam laugh. His eyes cut over towards where she sat on the passenger side and grinned at her. "That so princess?" So she was the one who could make Viktor jump. Good to know. "I'll remember that when I need to make sure I get my Christmas bonus." Adam didn't actually get a Christmas bonus, but it seemed like a good idea to him. Dental insurance too. All that sounded like a good idea. "So if I get in good with you, ya think you can have a word with the boss for me? Paid vacations, full medical and dental, maybe a company car?" That last he wasn't so sure about. Adam liked his car. But it would piss Fiona off so that was always a bonus. Nothing like having the help rise up against the man.

Ahhh the good old times when they'd just been cruising down the road trading banter. As opposed to where they soon found themselves; on the side of the road behind the wheel of a vehicle whose engine was smoking. Perfect. "Define...sanctioned." He said with a world of innocence in his grin that should never have belonged there. Adam climbed out of the car and for a moment he did the familiar dance of walking in circles with his cell phone lifted in the air. "Looks like a rain dance doesn't it?" What would other cultures have made of their worship of these glowing screens? Didn't seem to matter how he positioned himself though because he wasn't picking up a signal; their gods had abandoned them.

Slipping his phone into the back pocket of his jeans Adam came around to her side of the car. "Let's just say we don't want to be here in case some Samaritan highway patrol stops to give us a hand." Leaning into the back seat he grabbed her bag and slung it over his shoulder before opening her door. "I guess this is probably gonna end up on that yelp review huh?" He held the door open for her to climb out as he reflected on that. "If you want to make lemons into lemonade you could always say your driver gave you a lovely tour of some less traveled countryside." Forever turning a frown upside down. Adam shut the door behind her with a note of finality as they headed out to follow the road.

Her arm linked up with his and Adam had the insane urge to ask if they were going to find the wizard. Though, they would need a tin man and a lion for that to work. Adam could play some amalgam of Toto the dog and the scarecrow forever in search of a brain. He'd always felt like the Scarecrow had really gotten the raw end of that deal. Ignorance being bliss the man had probably signed himself up for a lifetime of headaches after that fabled visit to the Emerald City. The thoughts whirred in the background of his mind as they walked and her offer of a blouse popping display for the benefit of getting them a ride made him chuckle.

"Well if Clark Gable taught me anything it's that women are better at hitchhiking. Though I guess you're right. Flashing an ankle probably won't get us far so you might just have to come through on that promise." He grinned at her. "You could practice now if you'd like. Just to make sure you've got what it takes." There was nothing innocent in the smile now but the essence of his jovial spirit lit itself in the hard lines forming dimples in his cheeks. "I kid. Of course. I'll try to get us out of this with your honor still in tact. What happens to it after I'm out of the picture is completely out of my hands." Poor hands. Always missing out.

They continued down the road and Adam was actually thankful that there wasn't much traffic here. It meant less general grit in the air as the well maintained highway devolved into something more akin to a dirt road. All around them was the smell of grass and undergrowth mingled with the still pungent scents coming from the highway. He wondered if Adeline found the combination as cloying as he did; like being on the edge of where two worlds met. He wouldn't go so far as to say that he particularly enjoyed it, but it tugged at various parts of his subconscious making him both long for the city and long for the freedom of a run through the fields all at the same time.

"So why is a Pack wolf interested in meeting with the Spawn of Satan....I'm sorry. I meant vampire." He could smell the others on her, knew what she was from that scent, and knew the oddity that made of this arrangement. "Does your Pack not know who you're going to see? Or are they some new wave progressive group that extends a hand of welcome even to the living impaired?" Adam obviously had no real prejudice against vampires. They were as likely to be shitty as anyone else, in his opinion. However he knew that some took the difference in their species more seriously. He guessed it was something he could understand. After all, a pack was made up of new and old, strong and weak, and with a creature that could control with its eyes or voice there was a lot to be said for caution. Luckily, he wasn't in a position where he had to worry about the safety of anyone but himself.

His eyes flicked down to her shoes for a moment and he asked, "You want a piggy back ride?" The words spoken with more rueful glee than he had any right to considering his own comfortable footwear. Whether Adie took him up on the offer or not they would continue onward until a building took form in the distance. It was a wood framed bit of flotsam that had probably been a homestead at some point. It had a dirt parking lot in front that had a scattering of Harleys and other bikes parked in rows. Hmmmm. They came up along the side of the building and he could hear the voices of two men where they stood smoking on the front porch.

Adam moved to look at Adie critically. "How're you at distracting?" His hand reached out and made a deft snapping motion near the top button of her blouse. Artful expertise in this as he undid the button and made the shirt open just enough to give a nice view of her decolletage while still keeping the aforementioned honor still in tact. "If you can keep those boys with their eyes on you I can get us a ride." One thick black brow rose in an arch that was the remnant of some familial trait. The men in his family had always been very communicative with those brows. He was asking, without asking, just how comfortable she felt with this plan, and whether or not she felt she could handle it. A little challenge there perhaps, and the hint of humor in the set of his mouth, but he wouldn't judge her if she wasn't up to it.

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 12:16 AM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

Of course the car wasn't his, or Viktor's, that would have made all of this too easy. if you'd have asked her whether this bothered her she'd likely have just smiled, tutted gently and said something along the lines of-- "We took the scenic route, nothing wrong with that." At least not yet, she still had all of her limbs attached and working. If they came upon some murder cabin on the side of the road though, all bets were off that her Yelp review would be anything less than stellar. Even so, review scathing or not she'd end it with a smiley face and select all five stars.

She wasn't a monster after all.

"Do you actually doubt me?" Her mock offense was less than convincing, too marred with sunshine and squeezed through a dramatic frown as her gaze swept down to the chest in question. When her gaze returned, it was playful and wry, as was the finger that poked the dimple in his cheek and leaned her against his side. "I suppose you can't really be expected to vouch for something you haven't seen, especially when it comes to tits. Deceptive little shits as they often are," woman and their tricky wiles, those push-up bras and boob jobs, it seemed only fair that a man would question until he witnessed them in all their truthful glory. "There ya go, being adorable again. Honor. Pffffft." She'd huff, a quiet amused noise as they wandered down the side of the road, the smoking heap of sad left in their now nonexistent rear view mirror and almost forgotten about. Adeline wasn't so sure over all this honor business but she followed where he was going. Keeping his nose clean of the 'boss' girl. Still-- "Besides, what Viktor doesn't know won't kill him," she wasn't a terrible liar so long as he didn't ask her direct questions so really there was nothing that said they couldn't--

"Do you really want to know?"

The smell of the country, less so than the highway would quirk her mouth into something softer and warmer, long lost memories, states and lifetimes ago. Her mind would wander as he questioned her meeting, all tugged in directions that would ultimately warm the whole of her face, a thing golden anyway and now lit in the same dappled streams through trees. The heat, thankfully, wasn't oppressive this far out of the city, where it bounced off warming concrete and a million glass windowed buildings. A wayward thought that would drift in and back out quickly enough. "The important one knows," and of course he did, or so her tone would convey wryly. "The rest know enough, though I doubt they'd much care. So long as their omega makes it home safe from her vacation, preferably with all her limbs. They don't need details to keep them happy." Lito knew, that was good enough. That he also knew the man she was meeting was an odd notion but not one that had seen him to stopping an adult woman doing what she wanted. Not that it much mattered if he had attempted it or not. Willful as she was, she'd have climbed out her window like any self respecting daughter of a preacher, to run off into the night with her leather clad, bike riding, boyfriend dubbed spawn of Satan by previously aforementioned preacher.

The arm woven around his own would tighten momentarily as he offers her some other mode of transportation. "Fuck yes I do," spoken like a girl asked after going on her first fateful motorcycle ride that would see her slipped out a window days later. Wide-eyed and excited and lacking in all hesitation. It'd save her feet and who didn't like being packed around by someone else?

Perched like any gleeful five-year-old she'd curl arms around the other wolf and lean a cheek against his temple. It was such an odd thing, a wolf that smelled like only one. It just was, neither bad nor good, though it tickled some part of her that wagged a finger against anything akin to liking. As if this was worse than meeting a vampire. "Just for this, I'll be sure to inquire about that benefits package you clearly deserve," it was the least she could do.

Happy as a clam (at least one of them) they'd continue their wander, a building eventually poured out in front of them. It looked oddly exciting in that wholly adventurous and off the beaten path sort of way. As they neared she'd slip herself back to her own two feet, lest Adam be confused for a pack mule. The soft voices of others would round them to a stop, Adeline much more the charge on ahead and figure it out later sort would quirk a brow as Adam's attention fell to her. A question and a slipped button later and her mouth was well and truly situated into an artfully place grin. "There ya go again...," being stupidly adorable. Her head would tip a bit as she digs through her bag for keys she hadn't needed until now (proof as It were) before wandering backwards a step or two, glib fingers seeing to the slip of a second button as her grin widens.

"I got this."

Rounding the side of the building, keys dangling from her finger she'd leave Adam to the lifting of their next chariot, hopefully a little better off than their last one. A soft wave is given to the pair on the porch of the house turned tiny tavern, adequately named Tiny Tavern. "Hey guys," her smile too sweet, the keys would swing in a loop around her finger before landing in her palm with a clatter. One of the pair would drawl a howdy that was promisingly friendly.

"Either of you have a phone I could use? My trusty old car went tits up and this is too far out of the city to get any kind of reception,"

"Ya need help with it?"

"Nah, I wouldn't trouble ya that far, it's a piece of shit anyway, shoulda known."

They'd both chuckle.

"There's a pay phone," a thumb is jut over a shoulder.

"That won't help much, unless you're willing to lend me a quarter too. Good girl scouts don't wander the side of the road with their purses, they lock that shit in the trunk with the spare tire," a finger tapping the side of her nose before it scrunches in mirth. Wandering forward to lean against a porch pillar and cross her arms beneath her chest she'd continue. "Can pay ya back when my ride gets here? Or teach ya how to perfect your Sex on the Beach?"

Smile widens along with their own.

"Ya'alright, c'mon, can use the house phone."

One would peel himself away and she'd follow a few steps before beaming a mischievous smile at the other over a half turned shoulder. "Sex on the Beach is way more fun with more than one," her tone sing-song and baiting the second would chuckle once more, his cigarette finished and snuffed in an old ash tray by the time she reached the door, one of those ridiculous saloon types that swung easily under the press of her hand. She'd sidle herself up to the bar beside the talkative of the pair (John he'd later reveal) as an old phone is plopped down in front of her. A soft thanks is offered as John orders all three of them a round of this infamous sex on the beach. The other (Nathan) would slide up on her other side as she punched in her own number to a phone already deemed six feet under. Leaving herself a voicemail that sounded a lot like a conversation with explanation enough to bypass curious questions from eavesdropping ears. Hanging up her drink is hoisted.

"To impromptu mini-adventures and new friends."

A sip and she'd waffle over the taste as they all stared at her, tossing a note for a smidgen more orange juice and vodka.

"You guys up for a, possibly short game, of pool? I'll bet John's money I can hand you your ass,"

Brows bounced at Nathan as she slid her sunglasses off to set on the bar, wide sky-blue eyes peering at him from atop her sunny smile. Of course they'd agree. Who didn't want to watch a woman bend over a table precariously to make a shot or two?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 10:18 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
The Artful Dodger

"Oooo their Omega is it." Adam's smile became cheeky as hell when he cut a sidelong glance towards the woman holding onto his arm. "I'd have taken my monthly bath early if I'd known I was gonna be escorting an Omega." There was laughter hinted at in the tone of his voice but nothing that quite made it to the surface; just a twinkle in his eye. "You are definitely slumming it today gorgeous. But at least you have a sense of humor about it. Plus five to Charisma." Shaking his head he added, "Don't ask." As in don't ask why he was using DnD terms in that moment. It wasn't a story worth telling.

She took him up on his offer to carry her and he paused in his stride, bending a bit at the knees to make it easier for her to climb him like the fucking tree he knew he probably seemed to her. He waited for her to wrap legs around his waist and had just a moment of wistfulness at that; thinking of course that there were much nicer venues and situations where this could be happening. Then he hoisted her up on him a bit more before starting to walk once again as she draped her arms around him and leaned a cheek to his temple. They were creatures who could lift cars if they had to so carrying a beautiful blonde around on his back was hardly going to tax his strength.

"As you should. I deserve it. But sugar I would cart you around on my back for free any day." Dimples cut into his cheeks as he grinned a happy grin that she couldn't even see. What a waste. "I have a little cousin whose about as spoiled as they come, and when she was a kid she used to make me carry her around like this everywhere. Like she was Tiny Tim or something." Adam chuckled with soft fondness at the memory. It had been a long time since he'd thought about that, but having Adie wrapped over him in such a platonic way made his mind turn to more innocent things in order to keep it out of the gutter. "Though Zoe never had tits that pressed into my back and she didn't smell like you." Well that chaste thinking lasted about ten seconds. "Y'know when you tell the boss this story you can just.....leave this whole bit out. Just toss it out the window okay?"

His hand gave a lazy squeeze to her leg and then drifted down to curl fingers around her ankles where they clasped her in place. Ankles were fine, surely. Viktor wouldn't cut his hands off for touching her damn ankles. What was this? The eighteen hundreds. Pfft. "The last Omega I knew was pretty wonderful actually. Okay, that's not true. The last Omega I knew was pretty broken, but that Pack was pretty broken in general so...doesn't count. But time before that, he was wonderful. Just full of like....." Adam, never a scholar and hardly a poet searched for a word. "..I dunno, goodness or something. It's the first time I've ever met someone who made me want to pinch their cheeks and kneel at their feet all at the same time. Just peaceful and shit." His fingers lightly stroked over the smooth curve of the bone at her ankle as he filled the long walk with his mindless chatter. "You're somewhat wilder than Lhamo though I suspect. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Too much goodness can be bad for the complexion anyway."

They continued on in this vein until reaching the side of the building where she pounced with elegant grace from her perch on his back and Adam almost missed the warm press of her there. He flicked open her blouse only to have her up the ante by undoing an extra button. It made him shine a toothy grin at her, liking the boldness of it. "Oh I have no doubt." She had this, and he trusted that was true. His eyes followed her as she sauntered off, around to the front of the building where no doubt Billy Bob and Joe Jack were getting an eye full of something that looked like heaven. Lucky rednecks. Wait, were there rednecks in California? Well, lucky bikers anyway. Adam sidled up to the corner of the building and leaned his side there a moment as he listened to her exchange with them. It made him chuckle softly to himself as he shook his head.

Omega his ass, this girl was a fucking Queen.

Adam was distracted a moment as the sky darkened, and looked up at the sky where sun was being covered over by gray clouds. It looked like a storm might be coming; which seemed just their luck at the moment. But then he heard footsteps on the wood porch of the place as Adie led the two men inside with the promise of drinks. Adam stayed waiting a moment just to be sure neither of them returned outside and then he hiked Adie's bag onto his shoulder as he slipped out from his hiding place and treked over to one of the bikes.

He chose one that was farthest away from the door and hopefully out of sight from the windows. Keeping himself crouched as he moved he settled her bag beside him as he started working on the bike in that crouched position. Deft hands located the wires that connected to the ignition and followed the line back to their hook junction. He unhooked the plastic connector that encased the wires. From his pocket he removed the same tool he'd used to hotwire the car and used it to loop into two of the ports in the connection piece; the soft sound of the bike clicking on let him know he was on the right track. He glanced towards the bar to make sure no one was watching before tossing out whatever junk was in the saddlebag of the Chopper and replacing it with Adie's bag.

He stood so that he could grasp the wide set handlebars and rolled the bike backwards out of the line up, turning it so that it was facing the exit of the parking lot. Then he straddled the bike and held it ready as he gave a loud sharp whistle like someone in New York City signaling a cab. A thing that only ever really happened in movies but it was a fun trick nonetheless. Adam would wait, poised on the bike, until he saw Adie coming out. Only then would he twist the ignition on the handle and let the bike roar to life beneath him.

The bike was leaned slightly to the left as Adie settled on behind him and his right leg lifted, boot pressed to the nearest bike, and gave it a good hard kick that toppled the line up. Then he kicked off and headed them towards the exit in a roaring wave of churned dust that trailed behind them as they hit the road again. Behind them men came rushing out of the bar, some yelling, some threatening, some already trying to untangle their bikes so they could give chase. It made Adam laugh long and loud as Adie held on at his waist. "Remind me to find you again if I ever need a decoy." He shouted over the sound of rushing wind so she would be sure to hear him.

Adam was still grinning as they found the next on ramp to the highway, but the smile began to fade a bit as the first fat drops of rain fell on his arms. "You bring your wetsuit Omega? Cause it looks like it's our lucky day." He drove and what started as a bare sprinkle became a deluge and soon they were both getting outright soaked. Adam was forced to slow the bike because of the rain slick road, and he could only imagine that this was going to piss Viktor off even more. As though Adam could control the rain.....as though Adam could control literally anything.

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: May 2 2017, 10:01 PM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

She had it. And of course she did, the charismatic little white wolf was hardly the sort who couldn't handle a few bikers, not when she'd run around with her own tiny group of them for years. Not to mention, men, were notoriously easy to handle if you were the sort that hopped up steps with ease and sporting tits that were nothing like a kid cousin from yesteryear. The pair followed her without qualms and their toasting done they looked none to fond of their drinks, likely too sweet, like serving rednecks cosmopolitans. Not everyone was privy to such finery, if you could even call the drinks in their hands such a thing. At least the bartender wasn't stingy with the vodka, the soft burn of it curled her mouth a little as she offered the man behind the counter some soft notes and a wink.

There was, again of course, no one around to reject the offer of a pool game either. Though it'd be brief, or so she'd promised nothing at length, the pair with her seemed not to mind. Their banter soft and playful, or rather hers and John's was, Nathan was apparently determined to be the stalwart face of the trio, no matter, he'd agree to her challenge and they'd sidle up to the pool table. Neither of them were wolves, though she couldn't help but note the soft charm to the pair, they reminded her of years long passed and her little pair of biking mechanics, a bit back-woods, but kind and without cause for threat. Her stalwart other half and his best friend, the playfully salty little red wolf. While it wasn't an exact replica it made the moment nostalgic and easier to fit herself into.

Neither of these two were mechanics, one was close, a parts salesman for some store down the road and the other (oddly enough, the pensive Nathan) was a dentist. Motorcycle enthusiasts who met at this bar once a week to exchange stories and good times. Really, it was all rather adorable.

They'd get through little over half their drinks and a few very dramatically bent over shots (if they were going to fuck one of them over, might as well give them some form of payment. Adeline, always the bleeding heart) before the sharp whistle from out front prickled through her ears. "That's my cue, loves," there was at least one dramatic 'awww' before she raised her glass. "It was a pleasure to meet you both, good luck with parts... and teeth. Who knows, maybe I'll make a habit of this, yeah?" A soft wink is offered before their glasses clinked together and she downed the rest of her drink, passing off her cue to someone waiting in the wings.

With a wave she'd slide out the door, keys dangling from her pocket as she hopped down the few steps and strode over to the leaned bike, adorned with the familiar grin of a man, who she was sure, had done as much good as he had bad in his life. It'd been years since she'd been strapped to the back of a bike, the climb on was easy and familiar and returned her to her nostalgia as she settled in and wrapped arms around Adam's waist.

A wake of toppled bikes and angry bikers left in their proverbial rear-view mirror.

The curl of her smile was soft as they slid up the dusty road to the on ramp and back into the flow of things. It'd do little to falter as the darkened skies saw fit to trickle themselves all over the pair. The sprinkle would culminate itself into something torrential, so fickle this coastal weather. It did indeed seem like it was their lucky day. Arms tightening to huddle her a bit, unfair as it might have been to leave Adam to deal with the bulk of it. If only she'd thought to bring a patio umbrella. Eyes on the signs as they slid down the highway she'd note a few that might be helpful, rest stops and the like, though she'd let them all pass by before one caught her attention. Leaning forward she'd press her voice into his ear. "Take this next right--" clearly she couldn't be serious they had places to be--

"Just do it. It'll be all my fault,"

Crooned, as if this made things better.

It was her fault, or would be rather as they slid off to the right. It'd take all of a quarter mile before the sign for the hot springs popped up again, only another mile down the road. If they were going to get wet, or alternatively, wait out the rain somewhere, they might as well enjoy it and not stay huddled beneath some lean-to in the middle of nowhere where everyone was rushing in and out of bathrooms.

The joy of the national park system was the facilities that came with. Sure they didn't have washing machines and the like but hand dryers worked just as well. And quarter paid showers? What wasn't to love. Sliding off the bike with a grin her saunter towards said facilities was meandering, the rain was really no bother, though she'd rather not be soaked, she wouldn't melt either. "He can wait a bit longer. He's got all the fucking time in the world anyway and this is my vacation, right?" Her smile was beamed at the other wolf as they piled into the structure over looking the steamy spring. Desolate and alone she'd not hesitate before pressing through the door marked with a figure in pants. Whatever, she was clearly wearing pants, and not a dress. "Besides, you'll be better off if we show up dry and without hypothermia." The latter wasn't an issue but she'd offer it like it might have been some actual worry on Adam's mind.

Through the doors and there was little time between a look around (though she'd not even get that far, really) before the stripping of wet clothes began. Boots hopped out of and set off to the side on a bench sat opposite showers, she'd slide over a whole squadron of attached hangers on a rod before continuing. Fingers slipping buttons like they'd never been intended where they were to begin with. "I promise I'll leave this off my explanation as well," her smile was cheeky as she peeled off her wet shirt and shifted fingers to her pants. "Just so long as you don't compare me to your tit-less cousin, again," laughter would seep from her. Modesty was never an issue with wolves, and she very much doubted, as she shimmied out of her very wet jeans and shirked undergarments next (everything hung to dry, of course, this wasn't show and tell. Pft. It had a purpose), that she likely looked nothing like his cousin, unless she was also shamelessly brazen and slathered over in ink enough to satisfy any good sailor. Though maybe the careful pedicure was familiar, but the rest?

With a sly grin and a shrug the white wolf would do no waiting around for the other before shifting and sauntering back towards the door to slip herself into some water far warmer than that which fell from the sky.

"Besides, I have it on good authority that I'm a topnotch distraction,"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: May 24 2017, 10:49 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
The Artful Dodger

Adam never would have claimed that he had good luck. Not in the way most people meant anyway. But fuck if today wasn't turning out to be a real fuckarow of bad circumstances. Still, ever one to turn a frown upside down, he was enjoying the hell out of Adeline pressed against his back, all slick and wet, like something that would have to be peeled away. It definitely wasn't part of the story that he'd be regaling in the company reports that he didn't do anyway. He liked to push buttons but there was a line in the sand that even he wouldn't cross.....at least he thought there was. Maybe.

When Adeline told him to take the next right he automatically began to shift the bike in the direction of the exit; further prompting and promises unnecessary but enticing nonetheless. "No worries, sweets. I planned to blame everything on you anyway." He said with a grin; shouting into the wind and rain as rivulets of water trailed down his face. "Even the rain." Why not? There were legends aplenty out there. He was perfectly willing to believe that one of them might say something about the curse of a black and white wolf trying to frolick on a sunny day being cursed by rainstorms.

He followed her directions after they left the highway. They wound through redwoods that looked like they reached for the sky, and then onto a dirt path that led to some of the national parks camping facilities. As he cut off the engine of the bike the stillness of the forest around them descended like something alive. Something that had been waiting for the wolves to come home. Adam pushed such ethereal thoughts aside as he held her hand so she could dismount the bike first, and then set it at a lean on the kickstand before moving to join her. Even here where the trees spread out in a webbing overhead the rain still fell and brought with it forest scents. Those scents tantalized, and tricked the mind into thinking this was a place forgotten in time. Something that might have seemed more true if not for the structure they were moving towards.

Adam walked behind her, appreciating her saunter with a flick of his gaze and a smile, and pushed through the door just after her. "Yeah, I...seriously doubt that's how the boss'll see it." It was said with a smirk, but despite the truth to his comment he was doing nothing to alter their course. Instinctively he was curious about where she was taking him and why. Adam had never been here, and wasn't really sure what to expect. When she started stripping off her clothes he did pause in his tracks, watching her with a slight lilt of his head that could easily remind one of the curious animal that he was on the inside.

He watched her peel off the painted on pants, the lingerie beneath, and flicked his gaze back up as she began to unbutton her shirt. Adam had been a part of a Pack long ago, and was familiar with the casual way nudity was often treated among wolves there. Yet that only really applied if both parties were willing to ignore the undertones of that nudity; were willing to pretend that everyone was as anatomically correct as a Ken doll. It was the polite thing to do. Adam just wasn't very good at polite. He noticed, and he enjoyed it.

She was almost through the other door when he started to peel off his own wet shirt and dropped it onto one of the benches. He rushed out of the rest of his clothes, barely bothering to toss them at the bench let alone spread them out to dry, and then followed her through the door. It pushed open just in time for him to catch the view as she descended into the steaming pool of the hot springs. Her body a hidden things glimpsed between wafts of white steam that rose from the water. "Yeah, I'd say you're the very tippy toppest notch." He moved towards the springs with a lingering predatory heat brewing in his eyes. "But if I didn't know better I'd say you were trying to get me killed." It was a joke. Mostly. Though the only reason it could be even that was because he still wasn't entirely clear on just what her connection to his boss was. Most would have insisted on knowing such a thing, but in this particular situation he preferred to stay in the dark.

Better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

'Oh well,' A mental shrug if nothing else as he slipped down into the steaming pool of water. 'We all gotta go sometime.'

The bottom of the spring was shallow enough that his feet could stand firm on the bottom, moving through the water with it's warmth lapping at his chest, as he closed the distance between them. "Are you always this much trouble Adeline?" He circled her a bit in the water as he came closer. Eyes moving over the bits of her still visible over the water line; the curve of a shoulder, the line of a collar bone, the gracious slender sweep of her neck stuck with the clinging strands of wet blonde hair. "Or is this just my lucky day?" Adam didn't reach out to touch her, but he lowered himself in the water until they stood around the same height so that he could look into her eyes; trying to glean some acceptance or denial in those soft blue orbs.

Hell, she was on vacation.

He leaned in towards her slowly, giving her the time to stop him if she wanted to - would take little more than a word or a finger pressed to his chest. Close enough to breath her in he whispered, "For the record we're not keeping..." He did breath her in then along with the scent of the rain, the forest, and the earthen spring engulfing them. "You don't remind me a bit of my tit-less cousin." There was a brief second where the right corner of his mouth quirked in a rakish grin before he closed the final breath of space between them and kissed her lips softly with his own.

Assuming she didn't stop him that first kiss would be a gentle thing; something questioning in its nature. A kiss that asked permission rather than demanding it, a thing waiting for reciprocation before attempting to make itself more than it was at the start. A test begun with faint desire, a spark that could become a flame if fanned by the willingness of the lips pressed to his. Ended just as quickly if rebuffed. Adam was a lot of things that could be filed under the heading of 'bad', but a rapist in any way, shape, or form was not on that list of vices.

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: May 28 2017, 03:44 PM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

Adeline's laughter was easy, that effortless sort of tone that pours from the tip of a tongue like it was meant to be there better than any array of words ever was. Many might have equated such sentiment to moments of passion but it wasn't everyday that the sun shone in a laugh or cast a set of eyes summery under the whims of its inflections. Some might have sounded best under a moan, and while it wasn't a discounted notion where the Irishwoman was concerned, neither was it her best. That sunny vibrant thing would echo a bit, reverberated off the towering trees that spanned her gaze up, like tracing the lines of a party draped in interest. Flicked her peering to the sky where it'd witness the falling of rain for a brief moment before the nerve to stare up into it with wide open eyes faltered and shuttered her vision.

Reveled her in the feel of cold rain against her cheeks and allowed her focus to pin itself on the sound of company slipping itself into warm steamy water.

Chin tucked and gaze flickering back to life. Swiveled with her as attention fell to the other wolf and his joining. "Me? Trouble? Surely you have the wrong number," the sound from her throat was something soft and tinkling as wide-eyes regard him, chin tilting in soft curiosity, wandered his face even as he studied her. Sunk his ridiculous height down to a vastly normal array of numbers, suddenly becoming far less tree-like than he had been a moment before. There was an oddly familiar look to his features, though she couldn't have told you why, haunting in a sense that she knew it but couldn't recall its name. It'd bother her for all the time it took to forget the quip on her tongue, silenced in the daring of a lean closer, a movement made towards that she'd do nothing to stop.

Rather she watched, the glint in her eyes mischievous as it was curious.

Attention pinned to the cheeky blue of his own eyes, the soft calm of her expression, still warm and much too pliant, would shift itself to accommodate a faint expanding smile as he tacked on a new notion to the list of things they weren't keeping track of. "Good," it cooed from her in the brief few seconds they still stood worlds apart. A word lost in a mention lost in the moment next, the space between evaporated like the steam that warmed the soft of her throat before its fickle presence left it colder than before, shoved out the way like a physical barrier removed to allow the need for connection. Perhaps nothing more than the physical but it was a connection nonetheless.

A species made for physical revelry and who was she to stop it?

It was a presence soft and searching, an odd thing, to be tacked onto a personality that was so whimsical in its every mention. A man who disregarded every rule, save for this one. It was a thought precious, a little soft down feather among all its vaned brethren, it mismatched and yet even in this it made for something far better rounded than just the mischievous thing that shirked authority. Carved him deeper. An inked palm, warm and wet would press to his cheek as the other arm draped across a shoulder to press between the blades at his back, settled against his spine and drew him in, a step, though they'd remain at least one apart before skin was flushed. A barrier she'd keep, carefully and intact as the texture of his mouth was memorized by own lips.

A soft thing she'd not move to roughen, returned without hesitation and deepened slightly with the shift of a chin and a soft parting that rushed taste into texture.

It'd end in a natural inclination to breathe.

Parted them at least enough to allow such things, the easy quiet that rested there in the in between would find her voice. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you're trying to get yourself killed," teeth clasped light hold on her lower lip. Nose nuzzled against his own, too lupine to deny it as feet backtrack a step or three, hands sliding to follow, leaving behind their ghosted reminder against skin. It was hardly space enough to indicate a no, stop it, bur rather an offering to see him to his own decision. "Do you really think he'd kill you?" Adeline wasn't even sure of the tone she offered him, was it too tickled? Too inquisitive? It was skeptical, sure, but was it too much everything questioning? Surely she would find remorse in an end that came about because of her. Still, she'd not shirk the warmth that built nest in the middle of her, that gross sort of whimsy that was created when someone cared enough to stab someone else in name of it.

She'd digress a bit. Stood there and watched him curious over his internal machinations, wondered if he had the good sense to stay or if he'd follow. Body language left open and warm, ever the pliant submissive thing she'd hardly move to tut or dissuade.

"He shouldn't, we're just friends. Good friends. But just friends,"

Ish.

The curl of her mouth would insinuate as much though she wasn't a thing dishonest in the least.

"Ya' know, the sort of good friends that maybe fuck on vacation.”

Her grin was too cheekily coy for its own good.

”Still, I don't belong to anyone but the wind,"

Tone wistful and punctuated with an easy laugh and an equally easy shrug, her gaze flickered back up to the canopy, cast through lashes in a need for safety of the still falling rain. "Have you even been to Aspen? There is almost nothing quite as good as sitting in the mountains, in a hot tub, while the world snows around you. Fuck all that skiing and bullshit, just let me sit and soak in juxtaposition for hours.” Voice low and yet wistful as she recalled some point decades ago when snow and heated water were all she needed to retain happiness. ”If you've never, add it to your bucket list. Name it a vacation and bring a good friend," the apples of her cheeks would bunch as she slanted him a soft low-lidded glance. ”Hot tubs are good for more than soaking.” The warm of her laugh would cast her gaze to the sky once more, lids flickering closed though her form would shrink, dipped itself low enough to encase the over exposure of her bared throat in water and fanned out hair at the water's surface.

In a halo of gold she'd reveled once more in the cold against her cheeks.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: May 28 2017, 10:50 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
The Artful Dodger

He wasn't aware of the fact that she found his face familiar. Had no idea that there was any chance she might know someone who shared several of those minute details of face through a familial line. It didn't occur to him. All he knew was that she was looking at him as he closed the distance between them to a thing that a deep breath might have destroyed completely. Space that was almost no space at all, and because of that it had an almost weighted feel to it. That small distance between them was something he had to fight instinct not to claim for himself. Keep himself physically from invading completely as he made jest in a voice gone drowning deep with lust when he whispered. But Adam preferred things a certain way, and though he very rarely controlled himself in any way this was one thing that did temper his headlong flights.

Because he wanted to kiss her.

More than that though he wanted her to kiss him back with a willing earnestness that would drive him over that delicate line of control. He wanted to hear her tell him yes a hundred times into the rain darkened forest like some penitent prayer to gods who made their homes in these trees a thousand years ago and never found their way out into the wide world again. He wanted to lose himself in her willing embrace among this forest throng of watching woods and whispering winds. In this instance did not have an interest in taking that which he knew from experience would be sweeter still when given freely.

The first brush of lips was slowly taken. It lurked a waiting thing to see what she would do at its approach. When she bent to it, accepted it with her own, and reached up a hand to cup against his cheek the touch of lips allowed itself reign to relax into what it wanted to be. He melted into the warmth of that embrace as she wrapped an arm around his shoulders and trailed fingers over his back. That touch a thing that tickled like the cool hint of rain reaching them through the shadow of trees. Cool and warm. A colliding force of sensation that rose hair at the back of his neck just slightly as he wrapped arms around her to pull her against him.

That space he'd clung to earlier, that she likely meant to cling to yet, was disrupted as the strong curl of his arms circled her back and drove her to him. It pressed their bodies together in a crush of skin like silk that housed the steel beneath. But for all that it let him feel the perfect curves of the body he'd been eyeing with such longing moments ago it also kept them safer than those inches would have allowed. It pressed the hard aching length of his cock between them, pinned his desire there unmet and unseeking for the moment as he held her. Safer than distance but more frustrating in its own way.

For all the strength in those ink lined arms that wrapped her the kiss remained soft. It's gentle probing warmth something that melted him into her like he could find a way to make them no more and no less than this water they stood in. Beings flowing into one another in waves of heat and steam between lips that pressed together with all the intimacy these two did not actually have a right to display. The taste of her on his tongue made a small sound clutch at Adam's throat, and he breathed in the scent of her like it could fill him entirely. That smell that was wolf and forest, rain and desire, and beneath it all completely female in its every subtle note. He filled himself with that scent like the animal he was, pulled it down inside himself like something to be remembered, and held it clasped there as something sacred.

She pulled away and in doing so would find that the strength of those arms which held her was nothing but pliant in that moment. A force that would not demand. He loosened his hold just as much as she sought to manage and felt his lips cold at the loss of hers. His eyes had gone hooded, lids heavily laid at half mast over those dark blue eyes blown nearly to black, but they searched her face as she spoke. Adam curled lips into a slow lazy smile, "My whole life." Perhaps not so literally as all that, but it certainly wasn't the first time someone had accused him of being at least suicidaly stupid. Her nose brushed his and Adam leaned into that grazing touch as their kind were want to do. Yet despite what his own desire called for he did not try to stop her as she moved away from him.

When her hands finally did drift completely away from him a visible shiver ran through him. Ever the reactions of a very untamed wolf in mans clothing. He stood where she had left him and watched her retreat with the water rippling around her movements. The questions she asked were supposed to be serious. A fact that he could pick up on from her tone of voice. Yet he was finding it very hard to concentrate on any kind of a serious answer. He tried and the effort writ itself across his face in a visible way that he didn't try to hide. Bushy black brows furrowed a bit and the soft set of his mouth frowned just a fraction. Apparently the effort was too much; even a moment of it. Because all too quickly his expression melted again into something more familiar.

"Maybe." It was an honest answer. Adam not being much for artifice or guile. "Do you think he'd kill me?" The smile that accompanied that question was suddenly playful as finally he seemed to remember his feet and moved towards her slowly. After all, he didn't know what Adeline's connection to Viktor might truly be. They hadn't actually gotten into details. Adam could be a bit sexist at times, but not so much that he would automatically assume that just because Adeline was a beautiful woman that it meant Viktor wanted her for that purpose. For all he knew Adeline was a cracker jack secret scientist who was working on some project for Viktor. Scientist moonlighting as a bartending Omega. Stranger things had happened.

Her explanation painted a clearer picture. Adam doubted Viktor would kill him. Maybe. Just because Adeline felt them merely friends with benefits that didn't mean the boss might not have other ideas. Still, there was still plenty of gray area where physicality was concerned. Or at least that was the kind of thing Adam told himself as he reached out beneath the water to brush fingers against either side of her waist. He touched her there, not holding, not pulling her to him, but just touching. As he did this he continued to move forward like this was some dance that moved to the song of the rain. His light touch at her sides guiding her back towards the edge of this man made pool that played host to a spring born of the earth.

A place that thought to tame nature.

As if that could ever be done.

"We could just run away and leave it all behind. Take that bike to Aspen and watch the world fade away in the snow." Wistful as she was he played at the idea of running more than the reality. Adam was fool hardy and sporadic, but even he wouldn't deny his obligations for something so new. But that wasn't really the point. It was a fantasy this running, and he forever wrapped just such a fantasy around himself to warm the lonely nights when he was left alone with his thoughts to wonder where things had gone wrong. When he had backed her nearly to the edge he removed a hand from her waist to cup her face as she had cupped his moments ago. Unwilling to entirely let that moment go without trying to clasp onto it. His thumb fanned over the comfort of her cheek and touched just the edge of that flirtatious corner of her mouth.

"Just tell me yes."

He didn't care about the back and forth of whether or not a vampire would slay him for the offense of being with her. That was a problem he was prepared to deal with on his own. A problem he and Viktor could sort out on their own should there be a need for such sorting. But for the moment Adam was completely wrapped by the desire to touch her, to roll her taste on his tongue again, and draw her scent over his body until he would carry it with him like something long lost and familiar. He just needed to know that she wanted it. Needed to hear it for himself. And if not....then he would school his instincts again. Would get her where she was going without further incident. But would not forget this heavy moment of almost having. A moment that reveled in obscurity and promises of an everything that had no business in this world.

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 03:38 PM
158 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

It was a thing soft and quiet. It was a thing that started as much anyway. Like everything that involved skin and lips and tongue it was only ever a matter of time before it devolved into something unruly and testing. Resolve placed at the center of the ring and left with every attempt to defeat its offered opponents, but would it? It was a question that clung better to the moment than even the wide splay of palms against her sides as arms shifted to breach all manner of space she'd left there. That scaffolding on which resolve stood suddenly shuddered and wavered, made its perch precarious and its footing unsteady. Even as she pulled herself away, pressed space between them and loosened his hold around her necessarily, as lips pursed softly to seal in some notion of him yet lingered across the surface of her tongue, even as they quirked her features into a beguiling smirk-

-Resolve's footing was rocky and unsure of itself.

Every soft nuance of blue, sunny and summery would tinge itself over in pale gold. Ringed itself in a color better suited for the likes of them, unruly little wolves plopped in a pool and without shame or inhibitions. Ish. Cheeky little things that continued to throw contenders at this idea that kept them safe.

And there in lie the issue at all.

Adeline retreated, her tongue fluid with thoughts, easy to pick out things that this place reminded her of, memories and concepts that took little capacity to recall as the whole of her insides whirled with questions and their subsequently painted wants. And even further down, the issues that arose with them and pressed space between them once more. For however they were, seemingly two peas from a discarded pod, every action had an equal reaction, every pro had its con. It was lesser a thing, she'd assume and perhaps wrongly so, for the wolf that would soon follow her than it was for the omega. Rarely a thing she'd take into account any other time but there stood an entity in the middle of all of this that was lesser to ignore than even the warm beneath her skin, a warm that had very little to do with the water surrounding her.

Maybe.

Adam's question was pondered and really, she had no answer, knew Viktor as well as he'd ever allowed her to, but business Viktor and casual weekend vacation Viktor were not even remotely the same. The former wasn't one Adeline could really say she knew with any certainty. Adeline, as much as she might have wished to set such things aside every now and then, was someone entitled with the trust of an entire familial group, a thing the white wolf had to take into account, even as feet shifted her backwards. It built uncertainty, these two floating entities, uncertainty she had to take into account.

The brush of fingers against her sides, regardless of the temperature of the water that steamed about them, proved her skin a reactive thing as it flushed itself over in texture, a touch light and wistful against that still wobbly pillar that held up every need to argue the cons of this moment to a mind that wanted very little more than the pros.

"We should,"

Agreed in that same wistful tone as they continued, the soft pitter-patter of rain against the water keeping time for their feet, for the soft rise in the sweeping of blood through their veins. Aspen would embrace the likes of them with ease, wayward souls, though she could only speak for herself in that moment it was yet a wispy thing that tugged her mouth into a quiet smirk. Her penchant for flight wouldn't have stopped her, or so some part of her would argue. Adeline wasn't so irrational, not now or at least not without just cause. As lovely a thought as it was in this moment, it lacked solidity, a singular thought alone that helped bolster the earth beneath Resolve's feet. The soft reverb of water from behind alerted of the edge of the pool before she could even note it in her peripherals, that gentled gold of her gaze pinned on the other, low-lidded and quiet.

The addition of his hand against her cheek and the soft splay of his tongue against words tempting, were only fuel for the warm fires in the pit of her. The soft inhale, a deep and winding thing, would bury the warm scent of him in the annals of her lungs, remembered him at the core of her. She'd pay little mind to the thumb pressed against the corner of her mouth as the sharp regained focus of her gaze flickered itself across the surface of his face. "And if he does?" A brow would rise gently, it wasn't either of the answers he was looking for. "You'd not be the one forced to live with it," smirked, too playfully, the warm of her hand pressing its hold lightly around the back of his neck, a comfort that spoke too readily of the no that the soft seal of her lips against his own disputed readily.

A kiss that lingered but refused to rock Resolve from its championship pillar.

"I'm too soft a soul to live with that weight," a truth that pressed her teeth to her lower lips as she shifted back the last step to lean against the edge of the man-made pool edge. Regarded him a long moment, the fingers about his neck tightening softly as she moved to draw him in, a step, the space still seemingly sprawled between them. Didn't. But it offered a safe step.

"No,"

Soft and yet her hold didn't wane, kept him there as she studied his face.

"But. Rain check." not a question, not even an offer; decided. "When there is less fanged and potentially murderous maybes lingering about," when her time wasn't promised to someone else entirely. She didn't belong to Viktor after all and when her time wasn't his, it was hers. He knew where to find her at any rate, how to, who she was tied to. There was something soft on her face as she peered at him, an almost regret, a possible apology as her hand slid to his cheek in an offered allowance to recede if he wished it. "Maybe Aspen next time?"

A thoughtful hum as the pitch of her mouth curled into a casually impish thing.

"I'm sure we can find trouble enough to make it exciting," her shoulder would waver a little in a half shrug as the soft tint of gold in her gaze sharpened itself, once again too playfully. "If nothing else, I do bite," a promise perhaps, one sealed with the soft purse of her lips.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Adam Girard
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 10:15 PM
85 posts
puppeted by Byron
Adam
cst he/him
job
Undercover
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
The Artful Dodger

The hand at the back of his neck fit that curvature brilliantly. It beckoned with no promises and teased in some merciless fashion without a name. That light grip of fingers pulling him in, but never quite close enough, made his mind wander to the place where logical thought went to die. Not that Adam was overly capable of much in the way of deep thinking to begin with, but under the circumstances he doubted that he would be able to think his way out of a cloth sack at the moment. His world had narrowed down in focus for the moment to the smooth texture of her skin. The scent of her as it made that part of him more wolf than man want to press against her so that he could carry the smell of her on his flesh like some signature written into his body.

Everything was sense logic for the moment.

Everything boiling down to the cool press of those feminine fingers against his neck. The brush of lips at once a heated thing and a cool brush off as they parted and the word 'no' filled the hushed space that yet lingered between them. His breath hitched in his throat as his tongue traced the lingering feel of her from his own lips. That one word spiked through his brain like the lighting of a signal fire. Something strong enough to press through the haze of desire wrapped around him, jump starting his ability to think somewhat -- at least enough to know that it was time to step away.

Fingers curled against the skin of her waist as he lowered his head, cheek brushing hers, and nuzzled just a moment against her neck as an unsuitably inappropriate chuckle wrapped warm and tender from his chest. Then he was moving away, drifting back through the water and dipped low enough that it covered him up to his chest so that he was almost floating. On his face he wore a smile. That patent pending wide grin that cut dimples into his cheeks and lit his eyes even without the promise of further mischief.

"Let's not do that gorgeous. That whole flowers, chocolates, promises we don't intend to keep thing." He licked his lips again and offered another deep laugh. "I can handle a no now and then without any disruption to my obscene ego." A hand lifted out of the water and made an 'X' over his chest. "Cross my heart and kiss my elbow. We can just....let it go." Adam bit at his lower lip a little and caught her eye to see if she had followed what he said. "And yes that was two Disney quotes that I snuck in there. So you know it's true." No one could lie via Disney quotes! That would just be absurd.

Much like a naked man quoting Disney in the first place.

Sometimes life just needed more absurdity.

"Though I'm definitely going to have to think about getting a hot tub....even if soaking in it would lack all the charm of a trip to Aspen." By 'get a hot tub' he obviously meant 'sneak in somewhere with a hot tub', but that was practically the same thing right? Right. Of course it was. Even if he could manage to find one here it would hardly be the same as the picture that she had painted. Surrounded by snow and the steam from the water, luxuriating in the abyss of heat locked in the midst of some frozen place. "It's been a long time since I was anywhere near real snow." And before any contradiction in life history could be made a point of he added, "The snow in Manhattan doesn't actually count. It's half dirt and unmentionables anyway."

Cocking his head slightly as he bobbed in the water Adam asked, "Where are you from anyway?" Not that he'd know what a person from Denver looked like from a hole in the wall, but it wasn't a place that sprung immediately to mind when he looked at her. "Themyscira?" He asked with a clever little twinkle in his eye. The island of beautiful Amazons in DC's Wonder Woman comics seemed a lot more likely than Denver in any event.

--------------------

I live on raw emotion
PMAIM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Fast Reply
New Thread!

affs & tags
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
From the Darkest Hour We Rise Maelstrom All of Me Fractured Preeminence 

SURFACE LIES Black Prism ACTA ruinandrise UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP
Shadowplay RPG-D
Tagbox requires separate login. Sign up using the gear below.

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.