Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st

New Thread

Circus Freaks, Tag Kenzie/Felix
Oct 24 2017, 11:46 AM
74 Hybrid Driver/Errand Boy for Black Market
wolf/vampire
"I wish I knew what it was like to care enough to carry on. I wish I knew what it was like to find a place where I belong...but I am machine, I never sleep, I keep my eyes wide open."
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival
She/Her | PST | 3/3/3 | Codi#7635

"I wish I knew what it was like...
to find a place where I belong."

The scents permeating through the air were a mixture of cotton candy, peanuts, beer and sweat. All of which were just fine on their own, but together, it was almost nauseous. Underneath the large big top, the circus known as Requiem had set up camp, intent on giving a good time to those that were curious enough to venture forward. Wild animals roared and banged on the steel cages they were kept within, clowns practiced their deceitful tricks amongst the other performers and contortionists bent their bodies in abnormal directions for an applause.

All of these things had been among what Trinity had gotten rather used to during his time here, often waking up early in the morning to. From the first iconic moment that he had come across what was called the Circus, he had been taken under its strange spell. People seemed happy here, happy to entertain and bring a smile to countless faces while they performed tricks that were often considered dangerous or downright stupid. Trinity had always had a knack for being an enigma here; someone that caught attention more than he was often comfortable with.

Quiet and withdrawn, despite having the ability to show a charismatic nature, the Hybrid had a hard time figuring out how to handle other people. It was a little unnerving to have someone in his face if only for the fact that he didn't know whether to throw a harsh punch or allow a kiss to happen. He did well to appear as though he had a damn clue what was going on around him, but on the inside, his brain was a jumbled mess of wires, many of which were already short-circuited.

Soaring through the air on a motorbike or chancing killing himself or someone else in the Globe of Death had become the one thing he was familiar with. There was nothing overly complicated about operating a vehicle, let alone a smaller bike, and once he had gotten the hang of it, he had risen to new heights. Requiem had wanted to keep him for a slew of their own reasons: he was handsome, charismatic, skilled and fearless. Four traits that they looked for in new recruits.

He wasn't new anymore and as he walked along the perimeter that led him to his bike, he took the scene in the way that he always did. Flaring his nostrils out, he breathed in the many odd and mixed scents of the gathered people already cheering for the act that was presently on stage: the lion-tamer. Next, the sounds of angry, agitated roaring hit his overly sensitive ears as he walked along, shrugging on the red leather jacket that was signature of the style he had adopted.

Black gloves were slipped on after that as another wave of the crowds cheering caused a shiver to run up along his spine. They always did love to be entertained and vaguely, he could understand. From what he observed, people enjoyed danger. Swinging a leg on over the waiting motorbike, he dropped himself down onto the leather seat, taking the hard-shelled helmet that he knew he always had to wear. People died doing what he did, or they often broken fragile bones that ended with them being paralyzed for life.

While he was far more durable than most, he'd hit the ground a number of times and had experienced pain that had often gotten a negative reaction from the crowd. That was years ago, when he was still new. Listening to the sound of the bellowing showman announcing the next act over the hand-held speaker, Trinity lifted a gloved hand and gave a thumbs up. Revving the engine of his bike, he rolled forward as he followed the other riders towards the area that was decorated in large, high ramps, bunched up cars and fire-rings.

The circus always did have the 'go big or go home' theory. Kicking the bike into high gear, he raced towards the first big ramp, increasing his speed as the distance became shorter until he was gliding through the air. Tipping his body weight back, he edged the bike into a backflip, illuminated by the ring of fire in the middle of the stage. And like all other evenings, that's how this one began.

Starters are always rocky for me, so hopefully this works, rofl. Feel free to fast forward wherever you see fit in your post and if you need any clarification, just hit me up :)

@Kenzie
Nov 5 2017, 12:50 PM
Clouded Leopard
Life ain't always fair, but hell is living in resentment
Pard
go for it (fluid)
single as a pringle
'Lix

awards

Pretty Kitty
kenzie
she/her | EST | 3/3/3 | kenzie#5136
How many years had it been now? The thrill of performing under an actual big top more an nostalgic echo than clear reminisce. The clashing and layering of so many scents - food, sugar, sweat, anticipation - would have been jarring if it weren't for that nostalgia. Even so it took a few moments for Felix to reorient himself upon walking into the circus.

It had been too many years.

Been all but chased out of his most recent stint in a circus - one that wasn't built around people he had already had connections to, with friends yes, but not ones who were capable of understanding the way a strict schedule would chafe him quickly. Would practice and get a routine down, but not necessarily on the time table ascribed to them. It had been oddly uptight about schedules considering all the drugs that had floated through the tents. Oh well. The occasional impromptu performance could sooth the itch of missing all of this. God Felix had bought into the performances and theatricality with such enthusiasm; to the point it could become hard to tell who enjoyed the performances more him or the audience.

Though fighting suiting him well now. Still adrenaline and a kind of show.

But the leopard had always been more acrobat than stunt man, so those kinds of performances had tickled his fancy in a different way. Entertainment and enjoyment without any worry over a bittersweet yearning to be the one on stage. Partly because he was pretty sure he'd be likely to kill and/or maim someone attempting anything close to the stunts. Sure put him in front of a crowd with little more than some kind of platform, or bars, or another performer and the shifter was liable to dazzle whoever walked by.

All grins, floppy hair, and charm. Being hard to rile up and quick to laugh at himself helped too. Through it all at him and Felix would laugh his way through it. Or be a hairpin trigger away from indulging in a bit of violence if it went sour on behalf of someone else.

Able to draw in crowds and have no qualms about defending other performers had been rather important when he wasn't staying in the same town for more than a few days at a time.

People always did seem to take issue with travellers.

See, nostalgia just by walking into the place and readjusting to the complete bombardment of scents. Though despite all the nostalgia he wasn't going to bother with the food, instead a beer and a seat was more than enough. Would settle in to watch; it was debatable which parts he was more engaged in watching - the acrobats because he could relate to the work put in or the stunts because it was beyond his general realm of abilities.

At least until one of the stunt performers seemed familiar, piquing Felix's interest. Even though he had left his previous troupes he was still on good terms with many of those friends. Even though the circus name hadn't rung a bell didn't mean much - could have easily slipped his mind as technicalities were known to do. That was what had him hanging around as the main show had finished, slipping through the crowd until he found himself among the workers. Although his aim was diverted as Felix caught sight of another stunt performer - bike - and attention was sidetracked.

Hand lightly gripping his shoulder as a way of grabbing attention, "Hey so I gotta ask, with the whole ring of fire and bike flipping - which looks great have to give you that - does that ever bother your eyes much?" Question diverted from his initial one as Felix inhaled and caught the other man's scent. Going with the newer question, an easy and curious smile about his face.
Nov 8 2017, 04:06 PM
wolf/vampire
"I wish I knew what it was like to care enough to carry on. I wish I knew what it was like to find a place where I belong...but I am machine, I never sleep, I keep my eyes wide open."
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

Flying through the air was an adrenaline rush that Trinity adored. Thus far, he had never encountered anything that had gotten his heart pumping so uncontrollably or had given him such a sense of freedom before. While he was sure there were other things that could get his heart pounding fast, he had yet to encounter them. There was just something about the circus, in general, that had a tendency to put the most restless soul at ease and perhaps that was why he always stuck to it.

He'd yet to venture out into San Francisco to explore the entire city as a whole but as of yet, there was a part of him that was hesitant. Maybe even a little bit afraid. Trinity stuck to what he knew and what he knew was the Requiem Circus, closed in spaces and a routine. It was a life that needed a bit of shaking up. After his performance was over, he had moved to walk his bike off to the side of the tent, kicking up the kickstand and grabbing a bottle of water as was that usual routine of his.

After such excitement, he was often left famished and in need of stepping away from the countless scents that tempted him. Tipping his head back, he sighed in contentment as the crisp water satiated his thirst. The last thing that he expected was for anyone to come looking for him, let alone someone that was unfamiliar. He was surprised by the hand to his shoulder, so much so that he tensed, swiveling around towards the one that had wanted to catch his attention.

When turquoise eyes landed on the handsome face and easy smile belonging to Felix, Trinity was taken off guard, despite the equally easy smile he offered back. Somehow, he'd been expecting someone less appealing. For a moment, speech stalled as he slowly took in the other's scent, inviting and dangerously sweet. Shifter. Forcing himself to concentrate, he shook his head and cleared his throat. "Only when I don't close my eyes."

Was he suggesting he always closed his eyes when performing that stunt? Quite possibly. Grinning a little wider, he flashed white teeth as he shrugged his shoulders backward, turning to face Felix further as he moved to lower the motorcycle helmet he held in one hand. "I've had my fair share of accidents. Boots catching on fire, that sort of thing. The fall's worse though, at least when you miss."

Babbling away, he felt the comfort that came along with talking to someone that had a good nature about them. Felix had that carefree look and smile that put Trinity at ease rather quickly which was a nice shade different from what he was used to. Shifting slightly on his feet, he tilted his head as he watched the other male curiously in return. People didn't often respond well to their personal bubbles being invaded so he did his best to stand at a distance, all while breathing him in.

After a short moment, he realized this might have been where names came in. Lifting his hand upwards to offer it out towards the shifter, he nodded. "I'm Trinity. You are?" Soft spoken with what sounded like a touch of a New York accent, the Hybrid waited, curious.

xxx
Notes

Dec 8 2017, 12:25 PM
Clouded Leopard
Pard
go for it (fluid)
single as a pringle
'Lix

awards

Pretty Kitty
kenzie
Even with all the clashing sounds and sights and scents there was something incredibly comforting in the chaos of it all. The whirlwind of activity that for the moment was largely background noise, little more than the kind of ambient noise that spoke of life and joy and warmth. Well that was certainly nostalgic.

Sure the cacophony of scents made it near impossible to find someone - or in this case to see if the performer was as familiar as they had seemed. It was rather hard to hunt them down without being able to follow a scent or know the layout of, well anything here. There was probably some kind of method to the madness, but it was a particular madness Felix wasn't familiar with and was navigating blindly.

Really it wasn't a surprise that something - someone - else had caught his attention and manage to redirect his focus.

Previous hunting forgotten in a new interest. Smile that wouldn't waver with the moment it took for the other man to speak. The suggestion barely fazed the leopard, only taking a few moments to consider the statement and nodding "Makes sense, neither the heat or whatever fumes from what's burning sounds appealing on the eyes. Best leave that part to the performer and performance huh?" Moved right over the implication of eyes closed stunts and right into a dad joke. Would hold off on a wink to go with the dad joke for now, until at least mid conversation with the stranger.

Even if there was some kind of familiarity for Felix, based on nothing ese then being a performer in a circus.

An exaggerated groan and quick nod, "A botched landing sucks. Though I gotta say, the worse part's after that. 'aving to deal with the 'ealing and not being able to actually do much of anything." Pent up energy with no satisfying outlet. Aggravating when he was forced to sit out of performances because of it, and Felix was willing to bet it was just as annoying - if not more so because a break that possibly involved a motorcycle landing on top of you - for him as well.

Him. Right, Felix had just sauntered up and starting talking without actually knowing the poor performer's name. Just 'oh fellow carnie, let me invade your space and make dad jokes at you'.

At least it'd gone well so far? He wasn't exactly as relaxed as Felix was, but hadn't lashed out either. Counted as a win. Oh, apparently the leopard wasn't the only one to realize names might be a little useful; better than referring to him as 'him'. God Felix hadn't even tried to distinguish the man's - Trinity's - scent from the mess of scents around them. Too caught up in that odd familiarity he felt and his own general laid back disposition.

"Right sorry. Felix. Might 'ave been good of me to start off with that, eh?" Chuckling at his own oversight. "Sounds like you're far from 'ome. Travelling long?" As if Felix himself had much room to talk. His own French Canadian accent resulting in dropped 'h's.
Dec 17 2017, 06:21 PM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

Trinity had found a certain solace within the circus. A familiarity where he could be what and who he was without much hassle. While he knew how to navigate the rather bustling big top, it was never the mixture of scents that bothered him. It was often that he had trouble not sinking his teeth into the first tempting individual to feed from. It took a certain amount of control that was difficult when surrounded by so much chaos and sound, but he endured.

The corner of his mouth quirked upward as he watched Felix carefully. A laugh escaped him as he shrugged his shoulders back, grinning wider as he nodded. "Somethin' like that." Following his response up with a slight cringe, he seemed in quick agreement at the leopard's next set of words. "That's usually why I try extra hard not to land wrong. Feels like jail." He wasn't built for sitting still and waiting for anything to heal, not with how frustrated he could get being confined in any capacity.

If his limitations were due to his own stupidity, he did well not to make the same mistake twice. This meant a lot of practicing not allowing his bike to land on top of him if he did somehow miscalculate a flip or a jump. The pent up energy was the worst. Curiosity got the best of him as he tilted his head, moving to place his motorcycle helmet down in favor of having both of his hands free. "Sounds like you might have experience. You been in the circus before?"

There was something about him that looked like he might have been. Not seeming to mind the sudden intrusion into his space, Trinity continued to breath Felix in given that he was the closest individual to him. Far from a horrible thing for him given that the shifter seemed a friendly, talkative sort. It was nice to have a simple conversation with someone here. It opened up possibilities and a potential contact for him regarding how to navigate this large, expansive place.

"Nice to meet you, Felix. You're fine," he said, laughing again as he shook his head, raising a hand to dismiss the other man's apology. The accent was strange and one that he hadn't heard before, causing the hybrid to tilt his head in that curious manner again. "Been traveling for awhile. I think we're finally coming to a stop for a bit but you can't quote me on that. They don't really tell me much, y'know? I'm just the trick rider."

Here, he was the one to flash a wink at Felix, smirking a bit wider. Just the trick rider that endangered his life for the circus that dragged him around from loud city to loud city. He always had the option of leaving but then there was the question of where would he go? Still caught on the mention of being far from home, he pondered it quietly. Home. It sounded like a nice place, but he didn't know where home really was for him. "I'm still not really familiar with San Francisco. You got any tips on what to do around here?"

xxx
Notes

Jan 19 2018, 01:28 PM
Clouded Leopard
Pard
go for it (fluid)
single as a pringle
'Lix

awards

Pretty Kitty
kenzie
An empathetic nod. Jail without the bars was definitely an on the nose description of being forced to let your own body heal. Amounts of self control that Felix decidedly did not possess in any natural capacity.

Which so often resulted in longer healing times from sneaking out from under the watch eye of others and somehow managing to get himself into trouble.

Semi-regular occurrences with his particular weakness for challenges.

"Born and raised actually, though nothing quite like what you're doing. No motorcycle stunts back then, well until they got to be more common machines. I was, am, an acrobat. So landing right side up was still pretty important but I can say I'm mighty good at landing on my feet." A wink and he almost snickered, barely suppressing a blatant cat pun, because come on. Acro-cat's always land on their feet. "Russian bar and aerials were a specialty of mine." Added absently.

Less of a spectacle if he landed wrong - nothing but maybe a partner to be landing on top of Felix if something went wrong. Not fun, but not the worst thing in terms of what could go horribly wrong.

Of course it'd also been so long since he'd performed, since he'd travelled with a troop…

A laugh easily bubbled up, "Gotta focus on not getting crushed, sounds like it can take up a lot of focus. With all that who'd keep track of travel schedules? No one ever told us either. Something about spending too much time in the air to bother with the roads too." He grinned. "Not that that ever stopped the gossip over stops."

Shifted weight and fingers absently tapping away on his leg where they hung. More a sign of his being relaxed than any agitation. Years of near constantly movement made it hard to stay still, there was almost always some part of the leopard moving. "Depends what you like to do for fun. Beach, bar, shop, people watch, parks? Got all of those 'ere." He listed off easily with a shrug. "Personally I'm a fan of the park or beach to just relax. Find it's nice to sometimes just sit and watch, to not 'ave to worry over where I need to be. Not worrying over 'aving to pack up and make it to the next city or such."

"Unless of course you've got some weird niche 'obby? Or a 'ankering from something specific you're looking for?"
Jan 29 2018, 12:10 PM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

The longer that Trinity stood there, the more curious he became of his brand new companion. Who he was, what he was. It was nice to stand in the company of a friendly soul, either way, allowing the hybrid the relaxation he often had a hard time latching onto so easily. With no aggression there to tickle at his own hovering patience, he remained all smiles and boyish charm. Enough that there was no second thought on being anything other than what he wanted to be for a change.

“Back then?” he remarked with an even bigger grin, giving the shifter a regarding look, eyebrow shooting upward. To Trinity, he looked young but the hybrid knew that was never the case in the supernatural world. One of their many interesting gifts, he supposed. “An acrobat, huh? I can see that. Yea, I can definitely see you as one, that’s pretty cool. You still do it or did you decide on a break?” Felix remarking that he was pretty good at landing on his feet and further inspection on his scent made Trinity lean further in the direction of something feline but he needed a closer inspection to decide.

He wouldn’t get up in the man’s space like that even if he would have liked to. Instead, he let out his own soft laugh, shifting slightly on his feet out of amusement of the other man. “Sometimes too much focus. Though you gotta love all the gossip,” he snorted, knowing how bad the circus could be with it. Tilting his head to the side, Trinity watched the other’s movements carefully, noticing the tapping of his fingers. He was far too used to being robotically still at times, something he had learned over the years, yet he felt the driving need to move.

As he filed away the options that Felix listed off for him, Trin puckered his lips in thought, nodding his head. He didn’t entirely favor the beach with all the dark water surrounding it but he didn’t want to tell his new friend that information. He kept it to himself as he let a wider grin take over. “That...actually sounds pretty nice. Not really sure the last time I did somethin’ like that. Y’know how the circus is, never stops movin’.” Wetting his lips in further thought, he shrugged his shoulders back, shaking his head in a gentle movement.

“Nothin’ weird, just….lookin’ for something different, I guess. I think maybe I’m antsy. I’m here in a new place and don’t know anybody.” Hankering for some company was the most likely. The thought drifted in his mind as another option appeared in his head, causing the hybrid to shift again. “Show me? If y’don’t have anything else to do, I mean.” If Felix had the time, Trinity was more than willing to let the shifter lead to one of his favorite places, wherever that might be, so the hybrid could get the chance to step away from the circus for a little while and see San Fran through the eyes of another.

xxx
Notes

Mar 6 2018, 12:28 PM
Clouded Leopard
Pard
go for it (fluid)
single as a pringle
'Lix

awards

Pretty Kitty
kenzie
"They weren't so common outside the military, or least not that I noticed?" Either were easily possible. Had so often taken little to no note of the goings on outside of his bubble of circus-family-pard in his younger years. Unless there was some need to, some nagging reason beyond a performance.

Or a night in someone else's bed.

An easy and careless smile turning a little far off and wistful. "Yeah, stopped performing couple decades back. Lost a few important people and took a while to work through the grief, and I left the troop to do that. 'aven't managed to find myself back in one, but I 'ave managed to find myself more than 'appy enough sticking around 'ere." Had been the most important people in his life at the time, and that loss had hit him hard.

Though his mood brightened quickly, before any melancholy or the shadows of that grief could take root.

It wasn't quite a cackle but it was a near thing. Head tilted back in his clear amusement; because Trinity was absolutely right. "Like a 'uge nest of old 'ens! Entire place chirping away over the latest scandal or juicy piece of information." Though the shifter could manage to keep fondness from his voice even as he spoke. "I swear it's because none of us can resist some kind of show. Got ta make a spectacle out of everything." He grinned impishly. Even now Felix felt the urge to make some kind of spectacle, while bored or fighting or putting a smile on someone else's face. Or when he simply needed to move, so rarely still.

"No, it really doesn't." He agreed easily, even if the entire thing was stopped for a show or to regroup there had always been too much movement, too much commotion to ever call it still. Quiet wasn't stillness, just less movement. Something that had been natural and familiar, still was. Silence was as rare as stillness for him.

Nodding empathetically, it made sense. Not knowing a place or people where you were actually going to be staying for a while? Odd feeling when it was near an alien thing and made it all the more unnerving. "Not that weird is a bad thing. But I get it, pretty sure I trekked through most of the city my first few weeks here. And that was when I'd been to the city before! Pretty sure I would 'ave stalked about all the streets for a few months straight if I hadn't at least visited before moving 'ere."

The offer was pounced on immediately. " 'ell yeah. Got any clean up or after show things you need to do first?" He asked even as a hand slipped into his pocket to dig for keys. "It's a bit of a drive to the park -" No matter how many times he was accused of being unobservant, Felix noticed things like the puckered lips when he mentioned the beach. It was more that he ignored subtleties when it suited him. "- but definitely worth the hassle of finding parking close by."
Mar 18 2018, 10:48 AM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

The military. Trinity tilted his head in further curiosity and yet he decided to skate the subject carefully, aware that the topic was similar to avoiding land mines. One wrong move and everything could go to shit. He noticed how the easy smile turned pensive on the shifter, a shame on its own, and at Felix's explanation, the hybrid only nodded.. "I'm sorry...I get it though. Stick around here as long as you like. I'm not the welcome wagon but I doubt anyone here would mind." Trinity couldn't say he honestly minded.

A boyish grin surfaced again, the hybrid lured in by the sense of camaraderie with the other. The conversation was easy, playful and it didn't put him into a situation he'd rather walk away from. He swore that all those years of keeping to himself due to that blood-sucker side of his had damaged him further in the long run. His loneliness and aching need for some companionship had promptly thrown his loner status into the backseat. Now, he found it difficult not to be amused by the others chipper presence.

"Gotta see life a little bit differently from everyone else, I guess," he grinned back. When he'd first arrived in the city, he had felt the same way he had always felt: disconnected from the world. He did his usual routine of practicing death-defying tricks on a motorbike or watching the others strain themselves to make their own act perfect well into the night. Then he hung his helmet up and walked away from the invitation to join the others for dinner and a nightcap.

Felix quickly became a saving grace for him and all Trinity could chalk it up to being was that the man had a nice smile and a comfortable way about him. That or the hybrid was getting lonelier by each ticking second that crawled by until the clock hit midnight. These days it felt like the world had slowed down to a painful speed and he knew that it would have been made easier had he some company to join him.

Instead of steering them towards the beach, a simple move that gave Trinity an inward sigh of relief, he perked up at the mention of the park. Any water that would have been in that vicinity would have been small enough that had a panic attack struck, he knew he could pull himself away easily. Harmless water fountains hardly made the same nervous impact as miles upon miles of black water.

A mischievous smirk tugged at the corner of Trin's mouth when asked if he had things to do before they left, a glance thrown back over his shoulder. "Always do. Which is why we should probably get the hell outta here now." Leaving behind his bike and helmet, he started walking away from the hustle and bustle of the big top, head jerking upward in a motion for Felix to follow him.

Steps were fast as they put distance between the cheesy festival music, laughing voices and clapping. Trinity didn't much feel like sticking around the circus to do any of his usual routine. Today, this evening, he felt like breaking a few rules. "Guess that means you're driving," he said, grin widening until dimples indented into the corners of his mouth as he cast a glance back towards Felix.

His heart made an excited leap in his chest, the prospect of taking up a partner in crime for the night an uncomfortable but riveting temptation. Moths and butterflies battered their way inside of the walls of the hybrid's stomach as nerves took hold and yet he had no desire to turn back around. There was no need to. Turquoise eyes turned around to scan about for the beep or flashing lights of a vehicle, amusement lighting up his face.

xxx
Notes

Apr 1 2018, 05:01 PM
Clouded Leopard
Pard
go for it (fluid)
single as a pringle
'Lix

awards

Pretty Kitty
kenzie
Took the condolence easily enough, appreciating the offer to stick around and lurk about the kind of place he'd spent so many years living in. Not the exact same of course, between time and difference in who the performers were, but more than close enough. Though the memory of grief was easy enough to shake off, past hurt felt in the moment and left to be swept away by the present. "Appreciate that. It's different enough to be more comfort than melancholy. Time 'elps that too." Processed emotions instead of festered hurt.

Helped the grin and ease resurface so quickly and genuinely. Back to the normal animated expressions and ease. As easy around the other man as if Felix had known him much longer than the scant time it actually was. The lack of knowledge bridged through something held dear to him - years of performing and travelling. Knew intimately well how easy it was for the very people who applauded and cheered to begin spewing vitriol the moment he tried to be more than entertainment. It didn't change his easy demeanour, just offered a sense of camaraderie that made it slip out so much easier.

Just wait, the bad puns and jokes were only waiting for a wonderfully cheesy moment to come out too.

Nodded, hair bouncing as he did so. "Things look different when you don't 'ave roots anywhere." Serious only for a moment. An understanding born of intimate experience, of years with nothing to be rooted to other than the people around him. Making places blur together into the background until something odd popped out. Now though, now the place was something distinct and comforting. "It's weird now I've turned into a regular customer some places." He grinned, "That changes perspective too."

The grin that stretched his lips was all mischief and trouble, quickly following Trinity with a little extra in his step. "Ah, who doesn't love a rebel eh?" Voice half a laugh as he spoke. Getting out before it was noticed that there were still things to be cleaned and taken care of was just on the edge of a challenge. Felix had always been a sucker for those. The prospect of a challenge and the adrenaline buzzing just under his skin. Light on his feet as they dipped through the crowd, weaving about the milling people with practiced eased.

Even if this wasn't really a difficult thing to accomplish in the grand scheme of challenges. "Yeah well, my car doesn't exactly flip quite so easily so you aren't missing out on the thrill of driving." The quip flowing out easily even as Felix caught sight of Trinity's dimples. Oh those were adorable. The shifter wondered if they'd make another appearance from a horrible horrible pun.

With the keys out of his pocket, Felix would click the small remote as they approached his exceedingly nondescript SUV. "Smooth sailing from 'ere, doesn't sound like we 'ave anyone flipping over your disappearing act." He winked as they got into the car. Pulling out of the parking lot and back on to the streets was easy, familiar motions as the shifter mapped out the path that would be the quickest way to the park. "Luckily for us, at this 'our there won't be a ton of people around the place. Except maybe some fae shedding their glamour, but they're easy enough to keep from." He offered easily, figuring it might be easier without hoards of people milling about.

The drive was over quick enough, Felix giving out a victorious whoop at being able to park close and not have to drive around finding a spot. It was a real victory okay? Sliding out of the vehicle he offered a grand gesture, "I present to ya, Golden Gate Park."
Apr 7 2018, 12:02 PM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

"Keeping my eyes wide open."

It was easy to fall back into light-hearted conversation with the man after the cold dip into the past, something that Trinity noticed instantly. He honestly appreciated company like Felix, the ones that made it easy to be around, to relax and breath. Never mind that each inhale was filled with the intoxicating scent of shifter that Trin preferred and the hybrid knew beneath the warm exterior of the man was blood sweetened and delicious.

A slight throb in his jaws caused him to swallow down his hunger in favor of keeping with the conversation, body swaying in a playful mannerism. For as long as he had been with the circus, Trin knew about the bitter side to the show must go on. Not everyone he had worked with had been so kind to him and there was always the darker aspects underneath the big top that liked to rear their ugly heads.

Eyes watched the bouncing of thick hair, listening to the understanding tone. "Everything looks different, not all in a good way. But I'm all for seeing some regular faces to help change my perspective." A flirting lilt that slipped past his lips as the mischievous nature took over him. Often he felt himself pulling away from others for their own sake and yet when he was around another shifter, his energy and need for companionship buzzed.

Grinning wider, he cast a cheeky look back towards his new companion at his laugh. Not everyone would be laughing at the hybrid's quick exit or his need to ignore responsibility but everyone had to have a little bit of fun every now and again. Including himself. "I like to remind myself I don't have to always be in control. So long as you don't send us into a ditch, I'm fine with you driving." Another smirk appeared, something he seemed to be full of in the moments to come. Dimples followed, indenting further at the horrible pun, turquoise eyes landing on the shifter. They were in the clear and their adventure could begin.

The hop into the car and the drive was painless, save for the close proximity that allowed the hybrid to breath in the shifter for a bit longer. By the time Felix had parked, Trinity was buzzing with energy to roam, boots slipping out of the car, nostrils filled with the scent of floral and freshly cut grass. His chest rose in a deep inhale, eyes scanning around the expansive area where he didn't know where to begin.

Every scent assaulted him, beckoning to lead him off if one direction before he was reeled towards another, his feet unsure on where to go first. He could smell the scent of water, amphibians, moss and more flowers. Walking forward along the pavement, the hybrid eyed the bright and wispy green of the lawn, his body bending down in order to allow a hand to swipe along the greenery. One would have thought he'd never seen grass before with the way he interacted with it.

Crouching, a tattooed finger created an arch for a ladybug to perch onto, tickling his skin as a soft grin played across his features. "I never spent too much of my time in places like this before because I never thought there was much to do that would keep my interest," he murmured, turquoise eyes drifting back to land on Felix with a challenging grin. "Change my perspective."

xxx
Notes

Topic Options

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.