Cautela Pard omega
Bisexual
Single
None

awards

Girl with a Golden Broken Heart
J-Chan
She/Her/It | MST | 3/3/3 | J-Chan#2637
It had been a long, long week for the cat shifter. All she wanted to do after work Friday was curl up into a ball, wrap blankets around her, and snooze – and that was exactly what she had done. Today was Saturday, and she was a little more awake this afternoon, coffee in her veins and breakfast in her stomach. A little after lunch this morning she got a text from someone in the pard, asking if she wanted to get together with them. She sent a reply saying that she would. They talked a bit more over text to decide on a location, and they decided on the woods just outside San Francisco. Then she had left her phone on the table while she got ready, fed and watered Binx, and then grabbed the phone again as she was heading out the door.

It had been too long since she’d been on a run in the woods, and she was eager to meet someone from the pard. It’d been a while since she had seen anyone on a one-on-one basis. Someone from the pard, she meant, of course. The last time seemed like months ago; time these days didn’t allow much socializing for the cougar shifter. Her job that she had been working for the last year nearly kept her fairly busy. And then of course she had added more to her schedule by volunteering at Ryan’s shelter. She liked it there well enough. She met a lot of interesting people in passing. But most of all, she got to see Ryan a bit more here and there. She had to admit that she liked spending time with him, even though by all rights she should have feared him. He had yet to give her any reason to avoid him. Hmm, there was always a ‘yet’, wasn’t there?

Pulling into a parking area in the woods, Harley got out of the car, and leaned against the hood. She wasn’t going to shift and run off into the wilderness when she was going to meet a friend. That would have been rude. But then again, it was rare to see a cougar in the day time. They were elusive creatures, and Harley was no exception. On the car behind her was a bag with a change of clothes, a blanket and a towel, and various other things she might need later on after they had shifted back into their human forms. She was currently debating if she should take it all with her, or come back later on, shift, and then change into some clothes once her time in the woods was over.

It was three in the afternoon, she’d noticed as she glanced at her watch. Oddly enough she was wearing very little at the moment. Yoga pants hung low on her hips, she wore a tank top, and a zip up hoodie to fight the cold. Once she donned her tawny coat, the cold wouldn’t bother her as much as it was this moment. She was chilled, but she was fine. She removed a water bottle out of her car and went back to lean up against the hood, taking the cap off as she walked and tipped it back down her throat. The water was cool, refreshing, and it’d remain cool with the chill of the day. At three-fifteen she glanced at her phone and saw a text from Gracelyn, saying that she was nearly here.

“Awesome,” she said allowed, and texted that back to her. A few minutes later she saw Gracelyn pull up, and she waved at the other female. “Hey Gracelyn, have any trouble finding this part of the woods?” She asked.
Dec 31 2017, 12:40 PM

awards

| | |
user posted image

Grace too has had a long week as well, but then again after the Holidays were all said and done, that first week back after a short vacation always seemed to make settling back into a semblance of normal routines long. Yet also with all the holiday hoops to jumps through, and get past, and that first week back to work into the beginning of a new year ahead of them all, it had also taken her away from the Pard itself.

Something she had chosen to remedy, for simply her feline half was growing restless and needed to stretch out and run free for a while. So she had reached out to those she was closest too within her Pard family, only too happy to receive a text back in a positive light from her Omega and pard mate Harley. She had just finished her own lunch when the text had come back from Harley to join her on a run and catch up time with the other. The fact that Harley had time from her own busy schedule and job to let loose for a bit was a bonus for both of them she felt and greatly needed. So they arranged through text a place to meet, and also a time in which to get together.

A lot of changes were coming upon Grace within her own life, most of which she had kept quiet about among her pard family at that. Yet with these changes, it also meant it was time to test the waters as well and see how these changes may also effect the pard too. Granted she was merely a member, having no set goals to rise further unless opportunity and or need rose for her to do so within her extended feline family, and given her own family and her work load she sometimes didn't have the time essential to put forth the effort either. It by no means diminished her presence within the pard though, nor did it diminish her devotion to the feline family she relished and enjoyed being apart of either.

So with plans set with Harley, she finished her own light lunch, and then changed into a pair of yoga capri's, tank top, sneakers and a zip up hoodie. Pulling her hair up and back into a ponytail which she stuck through a ball cap. Grabbing a pair of shades from her dresser, and her gym bag which she promptly placed a towel, water bottles, extra set of clothing, and too she raided her fridge within her penthouse for sandwich fixings, which she placed into a small cooler and stuck that into her gym bag. For running often lead to her being hungry after as well, and given the time they were to meet up it would make for a nice dinner rather than going to some restraunt or food joint, they could just enjoy the natural surroundings of the woods chosen to meet up at.

Then she was on her way to meet up with Harley, traffic giving her a little bit of trouble out of the city itself to make her run a little behind schedule. So when she saw she was going to be running later she texted Harley to give a heads up. ~ Traffic sucks, but almost there. ~ Only to be receive a prompt response of 'awesome' from Harley in return. Chuckling, she soon enough arrived a few minuets later and pulled up to park next to where Harley was waiting by her own car with her bag resting on the hood.

Shutting off her car, she grabbed her own gym bag and slid it over her shoulder as she got out. Promptly closing and locking her doors as Harley greeted her. Smiling brightly, she felt the aggravation towards the traffic holding her up roll away, as well as some of the tension from the chaotic pace her life has taken, when near another of the feline persuasion, but more so one of her pard mates. " Hey Harley, and no.. Just some people really do not know how to drive." She groused with a playful roll of her eyes, and a chuckle to follow suit to let it be known that she was only halfheartedly serious about drivers in general.

Then she just took a moment to inhale deeply of nature's sweet intoxicating scent. She felt her lion stir beneath her skin, stretching with the want to be freed and run for a while, along side of the Cougar she sensed within Harley. A familiar to whom she knew and couldn't wait to race with in the wilds. Sensing the Lioness's wants she looked to Harley and grinned. " So are you ready for a run? Lets go find a place to set our stuff down and let our felines out to play. The lion is growing restless. How have you been by the way? " She asked, as she pulled out one of her own water bottles from a side pocket in her gym bag, and took a sip of it, before falling in step with Harley to head off into the woods.

@Harley Johnson @J-Chan

Jan 1 2018, 07:36 PM
Cougar
I'm scared cause the past keeps pulling me back distorting the future
Cautela Pard omega
Bisexual
Single
None

awards

J-Chan
The holidays had been somber for the she-cat, but they were nice and quiet – so at least there wasn’t any drama that she had to deal with. It was a little sad that she hadn’t any close family to share them with though. That was something that had always gotten to her. She wondered where her family was, if they were dead or if they had been turned into something else after she was taken away from them. Hope that they might have been, even though she didn’t really like the idea of her adoptive parents becoming vampires; or worse. She tried to keep her mind off things like that, what with a lot of wonderful cats to share the holidays with. Yet try as she might, something brought her mind back to thinking about them, and she couldn’t help but wonder what they thought had become of her after she was taken.

Did they think she died? Did they think someone stole her away to marry her? Or did they think that she had been kidnapped and beaten? None of these things were true, of course. Were she to see them again, she’d tell them what happened to her – yet at the same time she was worried that they moved on with their own lives, just as she had. These things always seemed to weigh on her mind around this time of year, and all she wanted to do was escape them. But how could she when they plagued her dreams, as well?

It was nice to have people in these difficult times, people who understood her and could relate to what she was going through. Either directly or indirectly – nearly everyone had family issues that they had to deal with. She was glad for the pard and its members. They gave her a purpose in life, and she would better herself for them. Needed to, lest all the work she’d done to get to this point be in vain.

She was brought from her thoughts when Gracelyn pulled up. Seeing her put a smile on the cougar shifter’s lips. It was nice to have time to share with the other woman. Waving at her, she kept that pleasant smile on her face when the other shifter walked up to her. She rolled her eyes right along with Gracelyn, and laughed a little, “Oh tell me about it. You’d think for a city this large they’d at least drive a little faster.” She had a sports car, of course, a Mitsubishi 3000 GT to be exact, and she did like driving a bit faster than the speed limit from time to time.

She grabbed up her gear just then, and made sure her car was locked tight, the keys shoved into a pocket in her bag. When she rejoined the other woman, she said, “Oh yeah definitely. My own cat has been rather restless as of late, too. I swear, ever since the New Year began, work has been a nightmare. So many calls coming through dispatch at the police station. It’s a wonder half of the people involved are even still with us.” One such call involved a house fire involving a Christmas tree – and just, of course it would. “I’ve been alright. Just a busy time of year. But I am thinking about putting in applications at the hospitals around the city. I like dispatch work – but I feel like I could be doing more by being a nurse, you know? Helping people directly, and all that.” She told Grace, falling in step with her as they inadvertently hit a trail that led into the woods.

By now she knew these woods well, and so getting on the trail was second nature to her. She barely had to look where she was going. “And you? How have you been?” She asked.
Jan 3 2018, 09:06 AM

awards

| | |
Gracelyn had no idea that Harley had spent the holidays alone, for had she, the Lioness probably would have encouraged Harley to join her much sooner, or to have even invited her to enjoy the holidays with the Imari's. For they were of the mind that none should ever be alone when there was no need for it. Especially among pack members, as they were in extension family as well. Yet it had been a busier holiday season than was usually even for the Imari's. Mostly because of her parent's ultimatum upon not only herself, but also her middle brother too. Since the Eldest was already settled down, with his chosen mate, he'd been gloating over the fact that now it was their turn to do the proper and right thing and toe the line as well. He could gloat all he wanted of course, because he was truly happy with his wife/mate and too they had announced that they would be parents in eight or so months.

As if that news wasn't enough to sour her for the holidays with the ultimatum placed, and given her selections to choose from. It had made her happy for her oldest brother to hear of him and his wife/mate expecting. That meant she was going to be an aunt in the near future, and had enjoyed discussing all the things that came with becoming an Aunt with the mother-to-be. Making it easy until after the Christmas Holiday had passed to ignore the other pressing upon her from her parents. But neither her father nor her mother it seemed would let her forget for long. As soon as her Eldest brother had left Christmas evening to head home with his mate. The parents had turned to her and began to extol upon her responsibility to not only her lineage but also her family's good name and reputation.

At least arriving to take a run with Harley, eased the weight she felt upon her shoulders. Not that it was overbearing, not since she has after Christmas been out with both of her prospective suitors at least once a piece. In fact having rung in the New Year with one of them upon a Weekend Cruise along the coast of California. Seeing Harley though for the time being pushed such thoughts aside. It for it was always good to see her and just be one of the 'girls' or rather one of the 'felines' instead of being looked upon because of her family's name.

Hearing Harley speak of drivers in general had her laughing, and shaking her head. " Ha! I think they all believe they're being conscientious drivers. Never once thinking that a few of us enjoy going faster rather than at a snails pace. " Like Harley she too had a sports car, the cherry red Lexus LC with 500hp two door manual coupe she arrived in handled like a dream and loved to go fast. The fact she hadn't yet received a ticket was surprising to say the least. Still she shared a known grin with Harley over the fact both tended to have a lead foot on the gas pedal, and then both of them were striding off together away from their vehicles to enjoy Nature and a run.

It was going to be good, the run and the company as well. Because her Lioness was really feeling restless of late, more so since her return from the New Year's cruise with Malik and the time spent with him. She couldn't quite explain it all, but her feline half was prowling around as if constantly in search of the male lion she'd spent quite a bit of time with. As if her lioness missed the male, which only confounded and confused her human half to say the least. Because well Gracelyn was actually being obtuse in the fact she wasn't acknowledging that she herself missed Malik too. Even though it had been just shy of a week since she'd parted company with him. " Yeah, it's hectic at work for me too, and other things also have been really effecting my cat also. So this is going to be really nice just to let her loose. I'm really glad you were available and wanted to join me Harley. " Spoken sincerely.

When Harley spoke how she has been though, her attention returned fully to listen. Her head turning subtly as both naturally stepped onto the path that would lead them deeper into the woods themselves. Like Harley she knew them like the back of her own hand, having run and played through these woods for as far back as she could recall. Even remembering a time when there was much more to the woods than there were presently. With all the developments happening especially in the last half a century or so it had grown much smaller. Although with efforts to keep the woods protected, and from being encroached upon by many people and organizations they were at least slowing down any further developments of buildings, commercial or residential ones at the least.

Yet hearing that Harley was debating a shift in her own career had her brows rising with delight and gladness for her friend and pard mate. " Really? " She asked, with a subtle cant of her head. Yet there was no mistaking the smile that broke across her features, despite the shadowing from the brim of her cap atop her head that she was rather surprised but pleased in hearing of her thought and possible shift she was debating. " I honestly think you would enjoy being a nurse, and be really good at it. Have you thought of possible schools to become licensed? I know California State University of SF and also City College of SF have really good nursing programs. Two of the top five in the city that offers the program itself. And I believe if you can get in to a Hospital with the intentions to be a nurse they'll pay for your schooling while you work with them. " She asked and gave options to help boost Harley's wishes to further her life better, and perhaps do the more hands on rather than doing it through dispatch. Grace didn't know how Harley could take such calls, and not want to get up and go to the scene she was helping by voice alone and be in the thick of things. She knew if it was her that was what she would want to do, and Grace would be hard pressed not to follow that urge to do just that.

When asked about herself, she rolled her shoulders casually in a shrug, slipping her water bottle back into her bag she balanced in against her side so it wouldn't sway or bounce around with their strides along the path itself. " My life is about to become a complicated whirlwind. My parents have given me an Ultimatum. Either settle down with one of the two suitors they've selected for me, or be cut off from my inheritance all together, and bring shame to the family name. So... I guess you could say I'm presently being courted by two prime male lions. One is somewhat local, they're from Seattle, Washington. The second one is just moving here to San Francisco as his family is expanding their own business to our ports. He's from Italy originally, so yeah... Either way I need to choose between them, and when I do we'll be mated and married. " She explained and turned her partially troubled eyes towards her Omega with a lopsided quirk of her lips. " Both are incredibly hawt, with a capital H, but once the choice is made, I want to know that the victor might be accepted by our pack and members too. I'm already leaning heavily towards one in particular, and it isn't the one from Washington State.." She admitted, giving an amused grin as she dragged her lower pout in to nibble on nervously.

Then with a huffing sound and a wrinkle of her pert little nose she chuckled. " Other than that, my career is good, there's rumor of me making partnership with the Company by the end of the year. So I have that going for me at least, and it's not like I haven't put the last fort y or more years into the company itself to have earned it ten times over. " She extended, because really she loved her job as a CPA. Dealing with high end and also not so high end clients, and ensuring their financials were all in order, and placed where it benefited the client the best was an enjoyable thing for her. She loved numbers, and making them work no matter if the Client was wealthy or poor, to her it didn't matter much on one's bank account. What mattered to her most was what their needs were and how she might be able to see them met.

@Harley Johnson @J-Chan

Jan 11 2018, 07:22 PM
Cougar
Cautela Pard omega
Bisexual
Single
None

awards

J-Chan
Harley didn’t have any family problems in her own life. A part of her wished, strangely, that she did. Instead she had a pard, which she considered to be her family if you wouldn’t have asked her. It was just that she didn’t want to weigh troubles on the pard’s mind with things that were going on in her own life. Really, though, it had been rather nice to catch up on her sleep Christmas day. It was the first time in a long time where she forced herself to take time to relax, and just enjoy her free time instead of having to work. Not that she didn’t love either of the jobs she had (volunteering wasn’t a job, of course, but it still was work) because she did.

She kept a smile on her face, hearing what Gracelyn had said about the people being conscientious drivers. “Isn’t that what the speed limit is for though? To keep people like us in check?” She let out a light laugh. Honestly she wouldn’t have minded driving slow, had it not been for the fact that no matter where she turned there always seemed to be a person that wanted to drive slow. It was like they all shared a connection, and she entertained the thought for a moment that they might have been mentally linked. In this day and age anything was possible – yet she highly doubted that. Anyone with the ability to link minds should have had better things to do with their lives.

She had stepped on the trail thereafter, her bag bouncing on her hip, and one hand on the strap to keep it from falling off her shoulder. It was a nice day in spite of being a little chilly. It’d been a mild winter thus far, yet it still remained rather cold, even during the day. The cold didn’t bother her as much out here as it had in Colorado when she was there all those years ago. It could get downright freezing in the winter time there. She missed it, even with how cold it was during the winter.

Harley was no stranger to affairs of the heart. Once upon a time she’d been in love, too. She and her ex had made the best out of a bad situation, her mauling in point of fact, and had against all odds, fallen in love with one another. Some nights she found herself dreaming of those days in Colorado, sharing the hot summer days with him sprawled out on a picnic blanket in the meadow, and sharing the cold winter nights with him, snuggled in their bed with one another. Touching, being close, his scent still fresh in her mind as though they had parted only yesterday. A big part of her wanted that back, and above all, wanted it back with him. But there was no telling if he was still even alive. She didn’t know what had happened to him after he and several of her former pard were taken. A couple nights a week she was kept awake with that memory, her mind a torrent of worst case scenarios. Love like that just didn’t die, she knew, which was why she hurt so much these days.

“It’s my pleasure. You know you can call me up anytime whenever you get the urge to get out. In spite of being busy, I make time for my friends.” She said with a bright smile. She’d considered Gracelyn a friend of hers. In fact she liked to think that she was friends with most of her pard mates. The cougar got along with anyone who entered her life. Her heart was a rarity in this world. She hardly said a cross word to anyone, and was just one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Not everyone would like that though, she knew. There were people at work that didn’t like her, and there were people at the shelter that didn’t care for her, either. Whatever. It wasn’t about them. It was about the people that she helped at both of her jobs.

“Yeah,” she said walking next to Gracelyn, her eyes focused on the trail. She sighed, then, and added, “I mean – a friend of mine had gotten me the job at the police station. I feel it’s kind of a slap in his face to want to change. Would that be selfish of me?” She looked at her friend, then, her voice soft. Harley didn’t have a selfish bone in her body. Yet she had to ask, mainly because she herself didn’t want to do such a thing to her friend Zach. One part of her said that it was fine, and to not worry about hurting him – but there was that small part of her conscience that told her to not do it. To just accept the job with grace, just like she should do. Just like she was doing. Although she did love it, she felt as though she could have been helping in a more direct way. “That’s just it: I am already licensed. I just haven’t applied at any of the hospitals yet,” she looked back at the trail, and admitted a moment later, “When I got here originally I wasn’t planning on staying here. But then I fell in with the pard, and now I can’t imagine living anywhere else. I like it here.” She had the license required to be a nurse. The whole of it was that she had been offered a job shortly after she arrived here, and what logical person would say no to a guaranteed job? She had no idea at the time that the job was illegal. Then again, men liked taking advantage of pretty women, and she had been taken advantage of alright.

Gracelyn went to talk about her own situation, and suddenly Harley’s problems seemed rather miniscule compared to the Lioness’s own. Hearing the ultimatum, she wore a shocked expression on her face, and said, “Oh wow, they would really do that to you? Why is it so important that you marry?” She asked, merely curious. Grace didn’t have to tell her, and she hoped that the other woman knew that. But damn, to be cut off by your family just because you weren’t going to marry someone? That sounded harsh. She listened as Grace went on, telling her that both of them were hot – of course she knew the spelling that Grace had used – “Why wouldn’t he be accepted by any of those in the pard? I am sure he would be. Talia is strict, but I don’t think she’s that strict to say that he can’t be a part of the pard, married to you or not.” She frowned then. Harley liked to think she knew Talia well enough by now to make that comment – yet at the same time she didn’t want to make any assumptions. Talia’s word was law. What Harley said was to be taken with a grain of salt. She wasn’t as important at the alpha or the beta of the pard.

“Good to hear that, Gracelyn,” she paused and then added, “I’m happy for you though. Marrying someone is exciting news. I hope things go well with the wedding, and that you’ll invite everyone in the pard of course.” She smirked playfully, merely teasing. She laughed to accentuate that fact. Once they were deeper into the woods, she looked over to a group of bushes and nodded her head at it. “That looks like a good spot to leave our stuff, yeah? And to change. It’s not poison oak or poison ivy so there’s that?” She laughed again and waited patiently for Gracelyn to chip in.
Jan 13 2018, 04:03 PM

awards

| | |
Oddly enough, or perhaps not so oddly, Grace also thought of the Pard as her other family. Her Modern Family as it were, where the old ideals and traditions were not as upheld. Where today's society was opened and accepting, rather than the older society style that she had grown up in with her immediate family. It was like she walked in two worlds, and in truth she did. She had found a way to balance both of her families, and their vast differences well enough. Yet, given her family's ultimatum those two worlds were about to come together. The old versus the Modern.

Yet for the moment she was listening to Harley as she spoke about having already been licensed as a nurse. Her head shifted back some in surprise, as she had not realized that about the woman. It was on the tip of her tongue to ask her why she hadn't tried getting into the hospitals sooner, when it seemed Harley perhaps saw the questioning upon her face, or simply because she felt a better explanation was in order answered the few questions that were rising within Grace's own mind. Her brows furrowed in a pondering manner, before she was shaking her head in a negative manner, and her voice could speak what her shaking meant. " Not at all, I mean it was nice of your friend to get you the job on the spur of the moment. Yet it would not at all be selfish of you to want to go back into the field you're already qualified for, not to mention that you'll be happier doing it as well. Wish I'd known you were already licensed or else I wouldn't have prattled on about schools ect. " She laughed softly over the later quip, and smiled brightly to Harley in kind.

" No you should Pursue the job that will bring you fulfillment and happiness. I would like to think your friend will understand, and support you in your decision to move on. It's not like you're not grateful for what they did for you after all, especially in a time when you were indecisive on weather or not you would stay here in San Fran or leave it. I am just glad you stayed honestly. So now go and look for a job at a hospital and live your dreams Harley. Don't let you, hold yourself back. And you know if your friend doesn't support you, I could always kick their butt or something if you want me to. " She grinned then with more laughter, but she would if the need arose defend Harley's choices, and honestly if the friend who got her the present job couldn't support her or was angry for her wish to go and do something that would make her happy. Then was that person a true friend? Certainly not in Gracelyn's book of what friendship was if such were the case. She truly hoped though that who ever this friend was would support Harley though and not make her feel guilty or upset over wanting to do something she loved doing.

It was in hearing Harley speak of the changes she wanted to make within her own life, that prompted Grace to speak upon the changes that were occurring within her own life too. Especially when it would effect the pard in a sense. They would be gaining a new member to their ranks, a very strong feline one at that. Yet hearing Harley's shock and watching it flash across her face had Grace rolling her eyes with a nod of her head. " They would, and are. How do I explain the circles of the upper echelons of society? Old world traditions and values are very much still upheld. Arranged marriages happen all the time, to further their family names, their blood lines or pedigree so to speak. To make the wealthy even more so, to see that the future of their empires are passed down and handed over to the next generation in the hopes they'll improve it and build it even more. It is important to them to see me settled down because it means stronger ties and connections, it means also strengthening our bloodlines with another's. It also means that my parents aren't getting any younger and want to see their children settled down. They've succeeded with my oldest brother. Now they're looking to my other brother and myself. " She explained, with a chagrined expression, and a wrinkle of her nose at the whole ideology of it all. Yet it was a world she knew only too well, and one she'd been groomed to live within and uphold also.
"Besides they've been sending suitors at me for years, I've just never chosen one. Which is why they've made the ultimatum, knowing it will spur me to at last choose and settle down. Damn parents are not only meddling in their dotage, but they're also still very wily and smart as a whip. Knowing just how to make us kids toe the line so to speak. Because they know deep down in our hearts the family name is important, as is our bloodline. So I've gone on two dates so far with each perspective suitor. One doesn't seem that interested in settling down at the moment, or perhaps he has other ladies in the wings so to speak closer to home. I don't know but I found his lion to be rather a push over when it came to mine. She didn't like him, and neither did I really if truth be known. The second one though? Phew, My lion was all about that one. Ready to roll over and just say I'm here, take me! So yeah, I think the decision is made. I just want to know him more that's all, we did spend a weekend together and it was incredible and I fully enjoyed myself and his company as well. " Which was truth, she had enjoyed herself immensely with Malik. She was already counting down the hours and minuets until they would meet back up on a tour of the city date.

Yet hearing Harley's thoughts upon him being accepted within the Pard eased her concerns greatly too. Because it would be an added member, and eventually more once they decided to have children eventually as well. It meant growth within the pard, and whom better to gauge how Talia might accept or decline a new member than Harley whom was their omega? Granted she knew it wasn't the final word, but it would give her an idea on how to present it to the Beta and the Alpha of the pard itself. She knew of Talia, had seen her in action many times, but was not close to the Alpha nor the Beta of the group. That Talia was a good leader, Gracelyn held no doubts about. " I'd like to think they're wouldn't be any hindrances either, but then I've never been a position where I'd be bringing in someone new either. Which is why I desired to sort of bounce it off of you and see how I might go about bringing it up to Talia and the Beta. Granted I am not certain if Malik, that is his name will want to be apart of the pard, but I don't see why he wouldn't want to either. He's been apart of a pard before he left Italy. And I know any children I may one day have, I want apart of the pard here too. "

Then spotting the area she pointed out she smiled with a nod of her head. Shifting to move over to the bushes to set their things down near. Even as she smiled with thanks to Harley for hearing her out and also congratulating her. " Well nothing is official yet, but thank you. Of course the entire pard will be invited. Just as they've been the last two generations of Imari weddings. Now I guess it's just waiting to see if this is truly what Malik wants, and then speaking with both of our parents and starting our future together I suppose. But I am hoping that you'll consider to be my Maid of Honor Harley. " She answered, even as she opened up her bag, and slipping within the bushes began to strip down and out of her human clothing so that she could take on her more natural form of the Lioness to get that run in...

@Harley Johnson @J-Chan

Jan 17 2018, 10:20 PM
Cougar
Cautela Pard omega
Bisexual
Single
None

awards

J-Chan
Yes, it was nice of Zach to get her that job. He didn’t need to, yet he did out of the goodness of his heart. Or so she wanted to believe. Granted he had just cost her the other job she had, you might say, when the cops busted down the escort operation she had been a part of for five years. The pard didn’t know much about that job, other than the fact that Harley really didn’t like talking about work. It was because of that old job that she had gotten into the pard in the first place, actually. She smiled softly when Grace had mentioned prattling on about schools, and she shook her head, “No no, you’re fine. There are a few things I’ve not told the pard because I don’t want to burden them with my own troubles, you know? I’m the cook – my opinion isn’t of very high value.” She really didn’t give herself enough credit. She was the Omega of the pard. Holding a position meant that the alpha had trusted her enough to have an opinion. But Harley was too reluctant to admit such a thing. She’d always been a member in whatever pard she was a part of – granted she had been the lover of the son of the alpha of her last pard, but that hardly meant anything. Or so she would tell you.

“I am glad I stayed too. For so many years I traveled, often spending many a night out under the wide open sky because I couldn’t afford to have a place of my own,” she’d say, “Things just sort of fell into place when I came here. Found a job right off the bat, found an apartment, fell in with the pard – a lot has happened in the near six years that I’ve been here. I like it here. I hope I get to stay here a long time.” There was the off chance of finding her family again – yet her mind was set on the fact that they were dead and gone. Part of her thought, too, that she might see members of her former pard. The longer she was here, the greater that chance was, seeing as how she was in one place now. Whatever was in store for her, she knew that she was just happy to be here, and to be in a pard that accepted her for who she was and not just what she was.

Grace would poke fun to say that she’d kick her friend’s butt if the friend did not support Harley, and the cougar shifter would laugh, “Nah, it’s okay. Besides, he’s a cop, so I’m not sure how well that would turn out for you. I don’t want to see one of my good friends in jail on my account. And I’d hate for you to pay me back bail money.” She grinned at that, giggling a little when she was through speaking on the subject. Honestly she didn’t think Grace would be able to kick Zach’s ass, but not for a lack of trying. She knew what he was, and the reading she had done on his species didn’t suggest they were a race that would go down easily.

The fact of the matter was that Grace and Harley came from entirely different worlds – not that she would hold that against her. Harley was from a poor family, adopted out when she was barely five years old, and was raised by a very poor family, too. After that she was taken in by a modest family who worked hard for what they had. Never had Harley been relatively well off. But she hardly minded at all. The last job she had was a good one – an illegal one, really, but it was the best paying one that she had ever had. She had been well off when she was working as an escort. In spite of some of the things that were said about escorts, Harley had loved her work, feeling as though she was helping people. Those that were hurt or lonely, for example. But still words would always be said that escorts were little better than whores.

Hearing of the predicament Grace was in, however, made her appreciate the hand she was dealt. After all of that that was set out for Harley to see, why would she want to be a member of high society? Still, Harley would always be supportive, no matter what the circumstances. “Wow. Well I hope things do work out for you, and that your family will get off your back, even with whatever decision you make.” In her world, family was supportive – not demanding and threatening – but then again, they were from different lots of life.

“That is good you like the one,” she’d say, “I think it is important to at least like the person you’re going to be spending the rest of your life with. Kind of makes things easier in the long run.” She knew that this conversation could ever be about her – but she did add something from her own experience, “I was almost married, once a long time ago. Back when I was with my former pard. Have I told you this story?” She asked. If so, well Harley would just shut up – but if not, she’d part with it. It was a story she could tell over and over again, though it made her heart yearn for her former lover all the more, all over again. They’d been separated for a reason, she knew, yet even after all this time she still cared about him, wherever he was.

“Being upfront, I think, would be the best way to go about this kind of thing. But you’d need to talk to Talia, for sure. Get him to meet her, even. Have a sit down with him and her present, talk things out. She’d be willing to hear the needs or wants of every prospective member of the pard.” That was her two cents, anyway. Honestly she had never brought in a new member, either, but she had a general idea of how to go about it. “I know I’m such a great help. I’ll be here all week.” She rolled her eyes at her own little joke and let out a bit of a laugh, then.

Grace would speak, talking about the wedding, should it happen – and at the end of her words, Harley looked at Grace as though she were in shock. “OMG, really?” She asked, barely able to speak. When she found her voice, she asked, “You would really want me as your maid of honor? Well then yes, by all means, I will accept such a, well, honor, for lack of a better term.” She was still a little stunned as she moved into the bushes where she would strip out of her clothes, stow them in her bag, and then shift on the spot. The shift was always accompanied with a bit of pain, yet it was effortless now, and took little to no time to complete the shift. In a few minutes she jumped out of the bushes in her shifted form, padding away from the bushes, and turned her head around to look back at the brush. She meowed, then, calling out to the lioness. When the other would come out, she’d go up to the other cat, and nudge her affectionately and playfully before slipping just out of reach. She took off at a leisurely lope, lazily moving so that the lioness could easily catch up.
Jan 19 2018, 09:41 AM

awards

| | |
Grace turned her head to look at Harley, when she made mentioned of how little her opinion mattered. Her expression one of playful mocking, but seriousness as well. As if asking Harley if she was serious with what she just said. The fact Grace snorted, and shook her head in disbelief had her speaking, the very thoughts, and feelings about such a statement coming from Harley all together. " You're like the Head Patisserie of the deserts course, rather than the Main course or Appetizer section in the kitchen. Higher than a a prep, or a mere 'cook' as you say. You're opinion does matter, and while I speak mostly for myself, I know other's within the pard feel the same way also. I would even say Talia especially since you are our omega. You shouldn't say it matters little, everyone's opinion holds some form of weight, it's all in the perspective of the one receiving it though. " She spoke, firmly to ensure that she knew that her opinion mattered, or else she wouldn't have broached the later subject with her to gain perspective. Understanding though, that sometimes she too felt in such a manner as well. There were things that Gracelyn knew, or felt she was inadequate in too. But she wanted Harley to know that her words were just as important as anyone else's, and she hoped that Harley took her own words for the compliment they were meant to be.

A smile though stole over her features as she inclined her head in hearing that while there was much not discussed with the pard for worry of burdening them, that she has found her time here so good. Had it really been six years already though? It didn't seem like so much time had passed, or perhaps it just felt as if Harley had been with them for longer than so short a time rather. " I'm glad you stayed too, and that you feel at home here. While This is my hometown, and I grew up here. I also traveled alot, but not in the manner you have done, or had to do. Just know that if there's ever anything you want to talk about, it won't be a burden upon me, or the pard in general. We all have things that weigh upon us, and honestly I have come to learn that leaning on the pard when I find something needing an outlet has helped out greatly. It eases our own personal burdens by sharing, adjusting the weight to settle better upon us. The offer is always open should you wish it. " She stated, and then chuckled when she made mention that her friend was a cop.

That she shouldn't kick his butt, because it might land her in jail, she laughed good naturedly and shared a wink with Harley. Lifting her hands up and palm outwards as if to stave off something, or in this case tossing her hands up in saying she wouldn't go after the man if he caused Harley any sort of dilemma, for wanting to go back into nursing. " Okay, okay so no kicking the cop's butt, besides I'd pay you back and interest too if I ever needed to be bailed out. Yet seriously he shouldn't be too upset for your wish to move on and go back to something you love to do. Bottom line. But don't think I wouldn't defend your choices should he choose to become an ass either. " While she had no idea what species Zach was, it wouldn't mean that she wouldn't try to stick up for Harley if the need arose.

Despite them coming from different sides of the coin so to speak, Grace knew she could hold her own against many. She grew up with two older brothers, whom were often rough and tumbled with her. They never gave her any quarter just because she was a 'girl'. Her father neither for that matter, nor anyone else within the pard while she was growing up. She fought along with the other felines when something dared to threaten them, or posed a danger to them. And while she had never had to scrap out her living, like Harley, even in the private schools there were bullies, and people whom would seek to instigate or throw their weight around upon those they deemed weaker than them. She had stood up to most of those types of people, for to her it didn't matter if one had money or not, nor which side of the blanket, or tracks one was born into either. They were all one and the same, just some worked hard for all they had, or inherited it in the time old tradition of things.

Even still Grace worked hard for everything she wanted in life, sure she had a trust fund. Yet she's only used it to get herself a good education, to purchase her penthouse, and her car. Otherwise it stayed in the account barely ever touched, used only for important necessities rather than the everyday things she needed. For those she worked in her career to see she earned every penny and spent it wisely, only now and then purchasing the extravagant thing not really needed. Like she had an obsession with her nails for one thing, and also shoes and jewelry particularly necklaces, earrings and rings. Although presently the only jewelry she had on was a simple golden cross necklace, and a pair of small golden hoops in her ears.

So she wouldn't be surprised to hear that Harley was glad she didn't have to be in the situation that Grace found herself in presently with an ultimatum and a life long choice to be made and set upon the path of. Rather she would just laugh and joke about it really, despite it's seriousness of consequences if she didn't comply. " I'm sure they will once they learn of which way the wind blows. My parents are very traditional in their ways, and I tend to be to an extent as well, but not so much now with all the changes in the years I've lived in how Society now conducts itself, and what it upholds. Perhaps I'm more lenient in that regard. However, I've had time to think about it all since they broke the news to me, and I think I am ready to settle down finally. I have a good career, a stable home and income coming in. Just I haven't found the right person to become my mate in all those suitors my parents have tossed at me through the years. But I genuinely think I've finally found not only my match, but an equal in a mate, who'll see me as his partner and friend, and not merely as a trophy to be won, and shown off on his arm. Malik has genuinely surprised me on so many levels. It's knocked me off my steady base to say the least, and I.. " On this she smiled brightly, happily. " I have never felt like this before for anyone else. Excited to see him, yearning to have him be near me. And gods I sound like an idiot don't I? " She rolled her bright blue eyes and giggled herself. " I think this is the right time and step to take, my parents merely put the poker against me to nudge me on my way. " She ended, as they reached their placement and set their bags down.

Once behind the bushes, she quickly shed her clothing and folded each piece up and laid it into her bag that she unzipped. Then closing it up placed her sneakers into the side pocket along with her socks tucked within. While she asked if Harley would do her the honor of being her Maid of Honor in her wedding should it turn out that Malik fully desired to take her to be his wife and mate. Looking to Harley as she joined her in removing of her own clothing she smiled and chuckled joyfully when she accepted, despite the shock in being asked. " Of course I want you to be my maid of honor. I think you can handle the craziness of helping me plan for such an event, and keep me from becoming the dreaded bridezilla. I will speak with Talia though for certain, after speaking with Malik to see what it is he wants to do in regards to joining the pard itself. Also. Thank you, for one it is I who am honored you accept my proposition, and secondly because you were a great help in easing my concerns, and too showing me options to take to see I do it as properly as possible. Now lets get that run in!" She exclaimed with a giggle, only to loosen up her muscles and limbs with a few shakes and rolling of her head upon her shoulders, as she called upon her feline form to rise up out of her.

Sure there was pain, there always would be, but at this point in her life it was more like an annoying jolt rather than something which distressed her anymore. The transition was quick and smooth and not very long at all, that where a woman had once stood now a sleek tall lioness slightly larger than Harley's cougar was, but just as sleek and sinewy leapt out from the bushes with a rustle after Harley and quickly moved into a lope after the Omega. Only a shade of lighter tawny hue in coat than Harley the two moved with such grace and agility as if they were of one mind. Feeling the pure freedom that came with letting her Lioness out to express herself and be who she was rather than being constantly confined into her human skin. A happy roar left her throat after a few 'chugah' sounds, and she was soon picking up speed yet maintaining a steady pace to not over exert herself too fast through the woods. Leaping over rocks, bushes, fallen trees that might come to obstruct the enjoyment of being a large predator that she was.

@Harley Johnson @J-Chan

Jan 27 2018, 10:36 PM
Cougar
Cautela Pard omega
Bisexual
Single
None

awards

J-Chan
One thing about Harley was that she was her own worst critic. It went with how she was raised – she never thought herself to be above anyone else. She was a face in a crowded room full of people, and her opinion didn’t matter much in the long run. How often she forgot that she was the pard omega now… Gracelyn was right – “You’re right of course,” she’d say, letting out a bit of a sigh, “I think that Talia wouldn’t have given me this position if she didn’t think that she valued my opinion,” she looked at Gracelyn, then, asking, “Wouldn’t you agree?” It was an unnecessary question, one which she already knew the answer to. But she asked it anyway, feeling as though she needed to hear it for herself. The kind of thing where she needed to hear it spoken by someone else for it to hold any water for her. Because if someone else believed it, she had to, right?

Harley smiled then, as Gracelyn went on to say that if Harley ever wanted to talk about anything, it wouldn’t be a burden to the other she-cat for her to hear it. “Thank you, Grace,” she said, feeling a little better about bringing up the subject of becoming a nurse, “That’s why I thought I’d talk to you about the whole nurse thing, get your opinion on it, and what not. I feel as though the pard would support me in whatever decision I made, but it’s nice to hear what others would think or feel on the matter.” And it was. She did want to say something though – “If you feel as though you need to talk about anything – no matter what it is – I’ll be willing to listen. You have my number. No matter what day, or time of day it is. I always return phone calls on the chance that I miss them.” Missing them was no one’s fault. Work was important, as were her friends, and of course, the pard – all other people mattered little in hindsight.

She let out a bit of a laugh at what Gracelyn had said, and she winked back at her, “Oh but of course I would expect to be paid back,” no, she wouldn’t, actually, and to accentuate this fact, she gave a brief roll of her eyes and let out another little laugh, “Honestly though I think he’d support whatever decision I made, so long as I don’t try to go back into the escort business or some outrageous idea like that,” and of course he wouldn’t have supported her idea of becoming a straight up hooker, either; she knew that he’d bust heads if she did, being the cop that he was, “I’ll be sure to relay that to him though next time I see him.” This time she gave a wink of her own, and put her hand over her mouth to stifle another laugh. It felt good to be able to laugh about such things. It had been no laughing matter when she was being arrested and thrown into a squad car, nor had it been as such when she was sitting in an interrogation room with said cop hovering over her. What transpired over the next several months had her mind in a tizzy, all from the sleeping with him to agreeing to working for the station. Part of her felt as though the reason she needed to become a nurse was because she wanted to lay that part of her life to rest.

“No, you don’t sound like an idiot, Gracelyn,” she said, the expression on her face turning a bit somber as she thought about her own experience with love, and what it could do to someone – what it had done to her, more specifically, “It’s quite a natural feeling when you connect with someone on an emotional and spiritual level. Leave physical out of the equation, and that is what love is. It is emotional, first and foremost, and then spiritual as the emotional attachment grows. I think it should be that way. Without either of those, there is just physical – and while mind-blowing sex is amazing – there has to be an emotional tie for it to be love,” she paused, realizing then that this might already be stuff that Gracelyn knew, “Of course, I am sure you know all of this already, and I am just blowing off steam because of my own experiences with love.” Her face grew pink, then, and she thought a quick change of subject would be in order, right about the time they hit the bushes. She didn’t hesitate to start changing, taking off her clothes and stashing them in her bag.

“Aww thank you, hun,” she said, blushing yet again. It was a safe bet that Harley had a level-headed nature, and could handle the stress of planning a wedding. Not to toot her own horn – not like she would have to begin with – but she was a very good choice. At the mention of the run, however, she nodded, smiled, and stripped down, setting her clothes and her shoes in her bag. Tucked them out of sight so they would be safe, and then she shifted just as quickly as she had gotten into the bushes to begin with.

Harley leapt after the lioness, her form lithe and swift as she covered the ground easily. As a shifter she enjoyed donning her tawny coat. As a human she was tasked with jobs and the toils of daily life. It was nice to get out, shed her clothes, and don a form that felt as natural to her now as her own two feet had so many years ago, long before this day. She let Grace take the lead a little, not feeling as cooped up as the other shifter – or at least, from the sound of it Grace had been cooped up. Moving at the pace they were it wasn’t long before they came to a spring in the middle of the woods, a little creek that wove its way through the land, rising and falling with it. It was about a foot and a half in width, and maybe a few inches in depth. She jumped in, inadvertently splashing the lioness. She gave a happy meowing sound, and continued to splash a little, signaling that she wanted to play with the other cat.

Topic Options

Closed

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login, register below -- pls mark [tw] and [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.