Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

New Thread

A Collision Of Fate, Charlie / @SR
Apr 29 2018, 06:19 AM
Unicorn
It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.
Pansexual
Single

awards

Rainbow Brite
Angie
Her / thingy | AEDT | 3/3/3 | Duende#0796
Sometimes churches did food droves, or had open kitchens to the homeless. These had been exciting days for Ethan, as sometimes it would be the first good and filling meal had have had without having to worry about costs in days. With both Hutton, and now Lae, having shared space at their residences should Ethan require it, he wondered if that counted as him no longer being deserving of assistance like this. Eyes watched the casserole as it was stirred, delicious chunks of vegetables with slow cooked meat sparingly tossed in with it.

He’d been offered a try when he’d first come to assist in serving it out. It was delicious and the thought of taking a serving for Lae to try after work left a twinge of guilt in his belly as others waited eagerly for their share. Oh well, he’d try to ask for the recipe, if nothing else he could at least try recreating it - it couldn’t be much harder than baking from scratch.

In the end once everyone had been served and it was the volunteers turn to eat, should they wish it, Ethan found himself standing by the stage out in the mass hall, the kitten area and its dining hall were crowded enough and people dragged themselves around with out any respect for knocking into people. He didn’t mind the contact, as long as nothing went missing during it, he minded the thoughtless knock of soupy liquids being threatened to be spilled all over his clothes.

Ethan may have access to washers now, but still.

A random music list played songs from the phone sitting beside Ethan as he gingerly sampled another taste of his bowl, tired from the last two hours and ready to crash ... or maybe he needed a jolt of something exciting to wake him up. It was evening though, he mused taking a mouthful of potato, anyone willing to do anything would probably be out doing it already or not interested at all and ready for bed.

The bowl was placed on the stage, Ethan’s hands gripped the edge of it and then heaved himself up, turning to sit on the edge and letting his heels kick against the wall for a moment as he swung his legs. Food filled him quickly, as usual, but boredom even faster.

What would it be like to run across those pews?

Could he do it in a certain time without tripping?

With those thoughts circling, Ethan hopped down, deciding it best he not get caught up in destroying half the place for the sake of entertainment. Sitting down wasn’t helping, standing wasn’t helping, even eating wasn’t helping.

Boredom was a bitch.

Taking the bowl, Ethan made his way back towards the kitchen, intending to at least put away his items before leaving. Rounding into a hall, however, had bodies colliding and that much dreaded though of food down his top was a sudden reality.

“Oh, shit, sorry. That usually never happens to me.” true, he’d be able to walk blindfolded through an intersection and generally feel confident all the cars would miss him, so maybe he was get careless? Maybe Trinity was right, too arrogant - or maybe the lucky hands of fate intended this. Whatever it was, Ethan kneeled down and grabbed both emptied bowl - which had split into two pieces - and the spoon. He looked up, head level to crotch and eyes of half honey soaked jade looked up at at the slightly younger looking youth, flashing a grin to show no hard feelings. “One of those nights, I guess.”

--------------------
user posted image
May 7 2018, 09:51 AM
Human
I strolled all alone through a fallout zone and came out with my soul untouched.
Homosexual
Single
Charlie

awards

SR
He/Him | Pacific | other | SR#7662
Charlie hadn’t spent much time in churches, and honestly, that wasn’t likely to change now. He wasn’t a religious person, and he didn’t think that, after the way his upbringing had gone, that he ever could be. He had lived his life a certain way, and it wasn’t going to be altered now. That wasn’t to say that he felt that everyone who did go to church regularly was a problem, he just knew that it wasn’t for him.

He also knew better than to generalize and marginalize entire groups of people based on a few facts. His parents? They were just one sort of church going type, not all of them, and he didn’t want to wind up being biased towards a group of potentially really good humans. He just wasn’t like that, or at least he was trying not to be.

He was at church for a self-defense class. The man who had saved his life had helped him get signed up for it, and he would be damned if he wasn’t attending. Was he a little worried that he may burn up on entry to a church? A little, but only in the abstract. Charlie was far from a pure man, and while that didn’t bother him much, it did make him feel awfully strange being in a church. Still, he wanted to take the class, he wanted to learn how to be stronger, how to protect himself, and that was why he was here.

The class was over for the day, and he was a bit lost. He had never been here before, and when he had entered, he had followed the signs for the class, but there hadn’t been signs for the exit, at least not as clearly labeled, and he had been wandering around for the past few minutes. He wasn’t in a hurry, so he wasn’t terribly worried about it, but he wasn’t really paying attention, either, and he was walking looking up at some of the art work on the wall when he ran into someone...or they ran into him, it was hard to say.

”Oh fuck!” he said on instinct, and then clapped a hand to his mouth as he realized that they were, indeed, inside a church. ”I mean shoot..I’m so sorry, are you alright?” He looked down at the broken ball and the other man. ”My goodness, you’re shiny!” he said, taking one look at the man’s outfit as he spoke.

Charlie himself was dressed in a t-shirt and sweats with a hoodie and sneakers, as he hadn’t been sure what one was supposed to wear to a self defense class, and he wasn’t as sweaty as he could be, but he wasn’t exactly free of sweat, either?

”Here,” he reached a hand down to help the other man up. ”You’re alright, yes?” he asked, more hoping for that to be the answer than anything else.
May 11 2018, 06:25 PM
Unicorn
It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive.
Pansexual
Single

awards

Rainbow Brite
Angie
Exclamations rung in the air from the two of them, though Ethan was casual about the slip and Charlie, himself, appeared startled enough to cover their mouth. Ethan just grinned, tickled by the reaction in a way that he found it endearing.

“Yeah, no worries,” At the shiny comment, Ethan found himself grinning all the more - was it reference to his clothes or his looks? It didn’t matter at all, not really, he was shiny, the time and effort put into acquiring the pieces for both meant that any appreciation or notice was always appreciated, the Fae couldn’t help but appreciating the aesthetic value of things, even if he always tried to appreciate every type of person, though that was a conscious choice more than the natural inclination of his species.

A hand was offered, and Ethan reached out to take hold, his movement however seemed agile, fluid, legs pushing himself up with an ease that suggested a strength and balance in the form that rose from the ground. The assistance aided in the smooth action, though Ethan hadn’t pulled much at the offered arm, his hand firm but careful, remaining clasped to the other even after he stood.

“I am most certainly alright, thank you.” For someone that had lights change in his favour, crowds seemed to part for him by chance and things seemed to bend around him - Lady Luck always in his favour, collisions were rare and usually only to serve a positive purpose. The Fae’s hand loosened its hold as if realising oops, the other was probably wanting their hand back. “Are you here for soup night? I’m Ethan, I helped out tonight,” Sort of? If pouring soup into the bowls was enough to count as ‘help’ since most of the others had been around a whole cooking the actual stuff and preparing it. “I feel like I should at least hook you up with something after throwing myself at you like that.” A chuckle was lightly made as Ethan gestured towards the kitchen in an inviting way.

--------------------
user posted image
May 15 2018, 12:39 PM
Human
I strolled all alone through a fallout zone and came out with my soul untouched.
Homosexual
Single
Charlie

awards

SR
Charlie was pretty taken with the other man. He was beautiful, and he was dressed like no one that Charlie had ever seen, it was interesting to him, intriguing. He wasn't really sure what he thought about it, of course, but he was definitely curious for the other man. He had been in San Francisco awhile ago, so he had definitely seen a lot of people that didn't exactly fit the mold, but it was always interesting to him, always strange to meet new people that were so different from how he had been raised.

He absolutely loved it.

All that Charlie really wanted was to challenge everything that his parents had thrown his way, and he was doing that. Making friends with a guy like this? That would probably help to further that, and honestly, he tended to like people that were different from what he had been raised with. The difference was good for him, and he was glad for that. He had always been eager to meet new people that challenged him, and everyone had a different way to do that.

Charlie was utterly aware of how the other man's hand still held his after he had stood up, but he tried not to let it get to him. He knew that he didn't look his best - he was in some version of work out clothes, and he was sweaty from learning how to defend himself, definitely not the sexy version of himself that he usually put forwards, especially when out at bars and clubs.

"Glad you're alright," Charlie said, noting the loss of the other man's hand, but honestly, that was probably a good thing. They were in a church, this was definitely not the place to get all hot and bothered over a guy wearing shiny rainbow gear.

Then again, that was definitely not something that he had ever expected to see in a church, so that was something new that he could put in his memories.

"Oh, no, no, i'm not here for the soup dinner, I was here for a uh...a class." He didn't want to admit that it was a self defense class, he was a little worried that it would sound weak, and he didn't want that, though on the night he had been mugged, he had definitely felt weak, and h never wanted to feel that way, or come across that way, again. "You don't have to do that, I mean, I don't want to take food away from people who need it..."

Sure, he didn't have a ton of money, but he definitely didn't need to come to feedings at a church, and while he was humbled by the whole situation to some degree, he definitely didn't want to take food out of the mouths of people who couldn't afford their own when he could.
May 17 2018, 09:43 AM
Unicorn
Pansexual
Single

awards

Rainbow Brite
Angie
‘for a uh … class’ and Ethan grinned at it, like it was something secretive he’d been up to, something that peaked the Fae’s curiosity, a thing that happily liked ti pluck at secrets till they unravelled before him. Ethan gestured his hands into the dining hall where the tables had been set for the nights guests, moving into the room with a friendly grin still stuck across his features.

“If you had a late class, there’s food aside for you guys anyway.” He’d offer, dropping his broken bowl in a bin as he passed, “I’m not really familiar with a lot of stuff around here, but I know that for sure.” The Fae’s voice called out as he moved to the back of the room where the kitchen was, separated by a bench that had a older woman stirring one of the pots before she’d served a bowl to a younger girl that waited.

Ethan’s form seemed to reflect the lighting in the area, his black pants a rainbow sheen as he moved. He called out again, this time asking if the other would like a drink, tea, hot chocolate or coffee, water, or cordial either fizzy or flat, they had a machine that produced the soda water to make the drinks bubbling so it was all on offer. While he listened for the response, Ethan made a few gestures to the woman serving the bowls, moving over to make himself a hot drink, two spoons of chocolate with half a spoon of coffee, and then if Charlie had settled on anything in particular he’d prepare that before heading over to a space for them to sit.

“Come on, sit down,” With his stuff put back down, Ethan gestured again for Charlie to take a seat before pivoting around and heading back to the bench for a bowl that was served. “Thank you!” And about again, seeming a bundle of endless energy with the amount of movements he made, graceful and constant as if stopping was a chore he’d not feel inclined in over doing.

“Ok, I’ll be honest, you’re also doing me a favour. I’m so bored I was moments away from turning the mass hall into a relay obstacle course,” A soft laugh, melodic almost in tone as he took a seat and offered over the bowl. “Plus I love meeting new friends,” The mug was blown on to cool it slightly, and then a sip to test both taste and temperature. Content enough with it, Ethan shoved a hand into his pants pocket and pulled out three small packets of sugar. “Alright, ask me any two questions you want and I’ll answer,” The packets were ripped open and the sugar poured in, Ethan’s eyes flicked between what he was doing and up at Charlie with a rather playful look about it. “But then I get to ask you any two things myself, the rest can remain a mystery to solve over time, deal?”

--------------------
user posted image
Yesterday at 09:43 am
Human
Homosexual
Single
Charlie

awards

SR
It wasn’t some big secret, really, but at the same time, Charlie wasn’t super willing to admit that he was taking a self defense class because he was weak and helpless, because he had been attacked, and had had no ability to protect himself whatsoever. He had had to be rescued, and by a priest, no less. It was embarrassing to him on some level, but he was trying not to show that, either.

He wasn’t sure, after all, that it was as embarrassing as being caught dressed like this, and sweaty, by a guy dressed like Ethan...who was pretty damn easy on the eyes.

”Oh, I didn’t know that, that’s cool,” he said with surprise. But he certainly wasn’t going to turn down free food if it had been set aside for him. After all, he had gotten something of a work out in his class, and he wasn’t usually the sort of person that worked out, so he was definitely ready for something to eat, and might as well do it here. Then he wouldn’t have to worry about trying to cook when he got home. He wasn’t much of a cook anyways.

Charlie followed Ethan to the kitchen area, and accepted the offer for a coffee, black. ”Thanks,’ he said, taking the mug and taking a sip. He still had course work to do tonight, and the kick from the caffeine would help him to power through it. After all, he worked practically full time and went ot school, so his life was a busy one, but he didn’t mind. He liked everything that he was a part of.

He sat down where the other man had lead him, and accepted the bowl of food when it was given to him, smiling. ”Thanks again,” he said, being careful to eat slowly, politely. After all, he wasn’t ravenous, he wasn’t starved. He had eaten lunch, and he didn’t want this other man to think that he was some sort of desperate person who had no idea where their next meal was going to come from. How Charlie came across to other people? that was wildly important to him, even if it was, perhaps, a bit shallow. He was very focused on making the impression that he wanted to make, even if it wasn’t a very accurate representation of who he was.

With a smile, Charlie nodded. ”Well, happy to help cure you of your boredom!” And he truly was. He liked having friends, lots of people around, though he did keep them all at an arm’s length. ”Two questions, huh?” He bit his lip, trying to hide his own nervousness. He didn’t like divulging personal information, but he could always lie, and hope that this other man didn’t have some sort of ability that would allow him to detect that. He attempted to mask his nerves behind a smile.

”Alright,” he said before taking another sip of his coffee. ”What are you,” he asked, because hey. There were so many species running around, and Charlie? He was always curious to know who he was talking to. ”And where did you get that outfit? It’s something else.” And he meant that in a good way. ”I could never pull something like that off.” His look tended to be more skinny jeans and button downs with a button or two...or three undone, paired sometimes with necklaces when he went out. Simple, classic in a way, and sexy enough, apparently, that it worked for him.

Topic Options

Fast Reply

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login, register below -- pls mark [tw] and [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.