Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st

New Thread

Unfortunately, Blood Is Thicker, @Eien /Law
May 24 2018, 07:25 PM
wolf
So I ask you once and I ask you again, Where do your roots start and where do your roots end?
furore
bisexual
mid divorce//unshipped
Just

awards

Second Son
kenzie
dead | est | 3/3/3 | kenzie#5136
Perhaps later than what might have been ideal, but well paper work could be slow going. Moving from an entirely different continent wasn't the necessarily the easiest process either. Less than ideal. But so too was the near simultaneous calamity that had befallen either side of his family. No simple thing to bring to a close such a substantial part of life, to draw the curtains on the planned years together and simply drift off back to a beckoning family. Nothing ideal or simple in it at all. No easy options, but all ones that demanded to be taken into consideration.

Leaving his arrival to the west coast delayed. A longer time taken to square everything away. Delayed but had still arrived.

Though there was benefit in the time it took for Just to make his way out here, to follow the travelled prompted by the news his - their - mother had delivered. Offered some leeway in getting new affairs together, to some friends that were still stateside and already have a place lined up and in his name. No need to worry over that on top of the issues that would take precedence considering his family. Perhaps the only easy thing in all of this. And the only thing to be trusted to someone not within the family as well. The only thing that had no emotional weight to it, no history to weigh down the importance and necessity. A place to stay, and one less distraction to get in the way.

Family deserved his full attention.

And the ability for Just to be able to hear whatever wasn't or couldn't be said.

Had tracked down Lucas first, choosing the simpler - and preferred - connection first. Easier to once again cross the familiar connection when it was not one haunted by resentment and anger. No unpleasant history to deal with while reorienting himself. Back in a large city and among countless strangers each time he might want a new pack of smokes. A different life to walk than the easy stroll of a small costal town, surrounded with the shining blue of the sea and faces that were more familiar than not. Open and warm like the house of some friend. Easier to settle into than to leave, even without a rebirth to turn the farewell from bittersweet to ashes. Transition made that much smoother, few demands to know what had taken him and the ease of speaking around the loss even while Just still wore it draped around him. A gaze that wasn't quite as cheeky as his tongue. Shoulders a touch too tight for the ease that the words might flow, careless shrug a little too careful.

Unfortunate that it wasn't Lucas who he'd have to answer to, though fortunate enough that he did know where Just would need to go.

Perhaps having offered some kind of forewarning to his arrival, it might have been more of a sure thing that he'd find his brother there as he entered the bar instead of a usual crowd one might expect in a bar. But, he hadn't. And so there was nothing exceptional about his entrance. Even less so over the simple order of whatever dark was on tap and taken to a seat further back and with a decent view of the bar. Would settle back easily enough, content to watch the interactions of the wolves scented through the place and sip his beer for a while. Content and at ease as the first beer was finished, only pulling out his phone as a second one was order and dialing the number he'd gotten from Lucas for Law. Choosing the less personal, one tied to his work and waiting for the tone. "I'm at this bar of yours, the dark woods are a nice touch to the place." His own tone light and casual, nonchalant as if they were brothers to call each other frequently enough to not bother with a greeting. "Though I suppose we might have a few things to catch up on other than your choice in business decor." He hung up with as much of a farewell as there'd been greeting.

Right. A few easy things.

Settled, still observing those about the place while he waited.

@Eien
May 26 2018, 04:19 AM
dom wolf
Of lessons learned, of lessons learned. Of bridges burned, of bridges burned. This time I'll do things differently. This time I'd like to need you less
Furore pack
bisexual
mated/married to Nico~
Law

awards

The Crooked Man
Eien
her/she | GMT +1 | 3/3/3 | Eien#0897
Words couldn’t describe what Law felt when he picked up the phone with an unknown number, answered it and on the other end heard a voice that chilled his blood; you’d have thought this an interaction between one arch-nemesis and another, their paths tying together only at places that shed blood. You’d have assumed them the worst of enemies since a while ago, sporting an enmity the likes of which poisoned their years since every last meeting, and lingered for months afterwards.

Justin, although how Law recognized the voice he’d heard a couple of times in his life was hard to put into words. It might have been that it was really hard to erase it from his memory; might have been, once a brother always a brother even if their few encounters could have been counted on one hand. For a family that prided itself in being gruesomely close-knit, their separation was like a bad, impossible story surely suggesting one was adopted, or that their purported blood relation was a cause of some blood transfusion.

They can’t have been brothers.

Law looked Nico dead in the eye and told him, the man’s office suddenly cold, “I have to go. My brother’s in the city.”

Nico was privy to every detail.

They drove there together, as after all they’d intended to take the quick, immediate way home and bury man in man for long whiles. Postponed. Law was hardly in the mood.

Cold and detached, even the usual sway of his mate had found itself pale. Like a power once used and now slowly recharging to its full influence, all it did was annoy Law that it didn’t work. Ultimately, he couldn’t blame Nico. Holding hand in hand and twining fingers, he leaned over his seat to Nico as he drove them to Thirsty Dale, pecking him on the cheek in an apology before leaning back into his seat, or planning to, eventually; he was caught and kissed properly, and it left him with some squirming in the pit of his stomach; silly, manifold butterflies and their constant fluttering until he felt more alive.

In the bar, he almost didn’t want to look around.

Sending Nico off with a jerk of his head, eyes cold, and glaring over the top of everyone’s head to find that one fucker guilty of ruining Law’s day, he missed his mate’s return to his side, and the press of their figures that shocked Law’s eyes with unhappy warmth. He smiled. At his mate, he always found a reason to do that, mood dancing somewhere with all the things ugly and black and yet he cradled the left of Nico’s face in his palm and swarmed with a feeling that for a moment felt rare. Might have been triggered by the fucker in the corner there, drinking his piss as Law would guess its name. Might have been the rude novelty of his presence, edging Law on to meanly, coldly crave a tango with Nico that truly burned the man with every chilling evidence of Law’s possessiveness. Assumed and confirmed by all the sane wolves that circled his person in the bond--

And yet.

And yet a mere hint of the miles large iceberg that stretched as far as this universe.

He smiled at Nico--

Squeezed and slapped his ass before he turned off to find his brother, his smile still on even though it was a freezing, hard cold smirk by the time of his awesome presence joining his brother’s. Down on a chair at the man’s table and Law greeted--

“Fucker.”

He rolled his eyes a bit, sitting in a sprawl. Back against chair and his legs out as though Justin needed to know whose this place here was. If he was here, to what fucking end? Mom and dad, sure, all that but Justin had always been quick to join non-family packs. Fucking off with a bitch or seven and spreading his gene elsewhere. Tsk. Law knew he had a niece and nephew. Shifters, as well. At least there was that.

Helped further their DNA, this mangy fucker had, still Law looked at him with a devil-may-care glare. And the smirk in place.

“Please don’t tell me you’re here just to shit on my decor choices. If you’re up to discussing the ins and outs of interior design I’ll just see to it you’re signed up for one of those vapid American reality TV shows. Get yourself a healthy competition, little brother, a bit more to your liking than whatever you dislike about my choices,” he mocked, in a drawl that dragged on, on, and on forward. Punctuated with a twitch in his smirk.

Law cocked his head.

“Why are you here?”

Curious and wary.

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 1 2018, 02:42 PM
wolf
So I ask you once and I ask you again, Where do your roots start and where do your roots end?
furore
bisexual
mid divorce//unshipped
Just

awards

Second Son
kenzie
In a different situation, in a different family, estranged brothers might have trouble recognizing each other by voice alone when it had been so long between their few interactions. Would have not thought it a reasonable thing to expect. With so little history spent actually in the presence of each other. Oddly left to ignore the other. A wide berth between the two as if the wild fire of the elder and still waters of the younger might erupt into some decimation of the both.

Anyone else and he might have offered even the faintest hint to tip off that it was him behind a strange number. Some cheeky comment that might have been half riddle and half actual clue. Something more than a banal observation over how he liked the interior of wherever he found himself.

This, however, wasn't simply anyone. It was family, his brother, for all the distance they'd been allowed with little fuss. There when calamity and chaos decided to saunter into their path and gone again with the calm. Retreating back to his own life as each bloodshed receded, any need for him ebbing away and leaving Just's attention to flow back whatever it had been pulled from.

Idly he wondered, whether this new pack of Law's had any idea to the family he came from. Were the details and ties made clear for the wolves, or had their twisting histories been left a bloody and silent mess? Or only left to be picked up on by those with a keen enough eye who bothered to pay attention to the innocuous little tells that gave it away. Gaze still absently flitting about the small interactions, ignoring the chatter around him in favour of each slant of shoulders or the way weight was shifted. Closer or distancing from whoever they were near, settled comfortably with the ease that came with familiarity or shifting and on edge of dealing with something unknown and unsure. Twitching of muscles that might reach out.

Attention flowing to the door, mildly surprised that dearest older brother hadn't entered like a force of will. Power and wolf pushed out and clearly on display. (As if the wolf ever wasn't). Head tilted minutely to the side, focus slipping to the press between the two then. No doubt tempering for the moment, until there was no one else to mitigate the chasm of every chance they'd tossed away and the resentment held within it.

He'd sip his beer, still nearly sprawled lazily in his seat. Uncaring for the wicked curl to his lip over the clear reaction. Accustomed to the cold fury over any kind of familial affection or warm welcome. Stubbornly remaining exactly as he was, silently refusing to move and accommodate for the new limbs in the immediate space.

Cocked a grin, "I believe it had been a compliment I made, don't tell me your memory is already slipping away? That might be unfortunate, though I suppose it would mean I should be flattered I'm still in that memory of yours." Tossed back easily enough, tone ingenuous and a touch brighter than one might have expecting considering the lack of love lost.

"Oh come on now, you're clever enough aren't you? There's only so many reasons we usually cross paths. I am prone enough to social visits but ..." A dismissive hitch of a shoulder upwards, like the lack of social visits might be explained by some slip of the mind over an deliberate choice.

Like the weight of Lana's name on the back of his tongue and spoken around.
Jun 2 2018, 09:40 AM
dom wolf
Of lessons learned, of lessons learned. Of bridges burned, of bridges burned. This time I'll do things differently. This time I'd like to need you less
Furore pack
bisexual
mated/married to Nico~
Law

awards

The Crooked Man
Eien
Law just cocked his brows at him--

“The fuck are you on about?”

He looked away then and rolled his eyes. Brothers. Don’t even kid him with this. Were they really? They were. And yet Law was certain this was an actual first time they were sitting down together to talk. Why? The why was both obvious as it simply was not; Justin had no reason to be here. Mom and dad were sort of on and off about parenting both of them, plus having a favorite son had to sting enough Justin should have been out this country before he learned how to say go to hell. Hadn’t, to Law’s surprise, and Law directed his gaze back at the man even though he hated to look at his face.

It was so much like this.

Lips similar enough and eyes similar enough-- both successfully white-passing, to their actual nonchalance (or Law's actually). And yet with something foreign borrowed from their dark-skinned ma, perhaps a bit of that slant in their eyes, and their father’s crooked, rugged smile. But Law didn’t want to see that. He didn't want to see it at all in another man. Instead--

Instead of admitting it, instead of acknowledging their eerie likeness that immediately told you, as you looked at them, yes, they were related, and yes he was the older of the brood, with that angry, perpetually irked protectiveness of an older brother who'd never admit to liking you somewhere on his person-- instead of all that he said--

“Oh, please.”

In a cold, disapproving drawl no less.

“Go fuck yourself with this, seriously.”

With that and a wry gaze to match, Law leaned forward in his seat and told his brother dearest:

“You think I’m doing to fish it out of you or play some games with you? We’re not cute friends, you and I,” he said, before shaking his head and immediately feeling that incredible, random ire that he wagered had everything to do with being a sibling to another. He wasn’t sure if he’d missed it.

Had never had it.

He wasn’t sure what he wanted to do with this, except that Justin was was here, and it forced him to address this presence of his, and if nothing else shoot a bit of look at their parents and wonder if they hadn’t tried some of that meddling stuff many years too late. It wasn’t as though they’d never attempted. It wasn’t as though their tough to handle mother had ever made it clear what she wanted, loving towards both her sons and then otherwise as prone of sticking to the same spot as not. She’d only stayed in one place once, once for many, many years to come and to this day she pretended like it being Lucas’s pack had had nothing to do with that.

Nah. Of course. Because the mates they were they had absolutely no tie to each other whatsoever.

If their love or sex life were any of his business, Law would be shaking his head until he began to resemble a very hopeful and human-shaped mill. Regardless, Justin was here and so Law pinned him with a wry and unimpressed glance and said--

“So why are you here… Justin? Seriously, you either answer directly or you can fuck the right off from my bar. I’m not above kicking you in your man cunt.”

Was that a threat... or an offer?

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 11 2018, 09:07 PM
wolf
furore
bisexual
mid divorce//unshipped
Just

awards

Second Son
kenzie

His grin stayed wicked and curling up his lips. So similar to the lease then please pair across from him. Indulging for the moment. In not being the one ruffled and annoyed and put upon by the other. Taking the joy in it now, before they turned this conversation towards a thing less comfortable and more emotionally charged. Before ire turned into something heavier and more motivating. Flitting about and around any conversation before the words would be slowed and brought down with the weight they carried.

Snorted at the idea of the two as cute friends. "Oh aren't we? Definitely not with the resentment that sparked between the two. For all the visual similarities laid out the truth of their relation, any brotherly behaviour was largely skin deep. Ceased beyond the same eyes and lips, ran just deep enough to join that same devotion to family. Could easily be overlooked with every other diversion in personality. Two differing results of a fierce but cold mother. Easy enough to do when there was nothing of their shared blood spoken into experience either. "Well colour me surprised. Guess that means I'll have to cancel that fishing trip I was planning for us since you're obviously not a fan of fishing. It does require a fair bit of patience you seem to just not have at the moment."His own mannerisms and quirk foreign; likely never held to comparison as he had been. Any friend - cute or not - would have been able to pick up on his circling of the topic, talking around and topic with vaguely connected references. Might know enough to figure out it would be no light and breezy topic he was circling so widely.

The way he so rarely gave voice to things other needed to declare in great bouts of emotion. Skimming the topics shallowly instead, hinting and offering an easy trail for anyone who knew how to follow it.

Not that he expected it to be picked up here.

May have had the time to grapple with the spectre of Law, of the constant and simultaneous lack of his presence within Just's life, but hadn't the need or desire to actually deal with him. As much figment as he was brother.

Supposed that figment may need to be replaced with the actual person if they were to be in the same city, with the unfortunate circumstance of only having one pack.

Didn't lean forward, already had pushed into Law's space enough with his sprawled presence in the bar. Infringing with momentary glee born of making himself a nuisance, particularly to the older brother even if it was in little more than the technicality of it. Whether the glee was something born of simply being the younger of the two or some latent product of parental meddling, well it didn't matter much. Not when it would die a swift death as he was focused back onto the reasons for even stepping foot in the city. No movement to mirror the way Law leaned in. Still taking up the same space but it was a shift of feet, weight balanced differently. Beer set down and just to the side, out of the space directly between the two.

As if expecting some sudden need to move and adjusting before the moment came.

Even that grin wilted, uncurling into a serious line.

At the very least Just wouldn't be surprised. Focus narrowing and gaze zeroing in on Law's, locking on to the unimpressed eyes. Waiting to read the reaction there, already expecting the kind of bodily reaction from the reminder he was about to give voice to. Wouldn't be surprised with some kind of violence, not when the few times they'd actually crossed paths - however distantly - were drench in blood.

"The only thing that could persuade me to step foot in this city. Family." Already a pit in his stomach and the tightening of his shoulders. "Lana."

Well aware he may have been late compared to the rush of other family members, had no abruptly and immediately left everything. Hadn't been able to. "Heard about it through Mom, but I had things I needed to tie up overseas, they took time and I wasn't about to leave without seeing them through. So it took a bit to actually move here." A snowball's chance in hell he'd have left Halyna through the moulting or after her rebirth, not until he knew she was taken care of. Ignored the clenching weight in his chest at the thought of Halyna and of holding back the importance of his tardiness in returning stateside.

A mostly direct answer, though still skimming some of the importance of it.

"Does any of your pack know?" He wondered aloud. Head tilting and briefly flicking his gaze about the bar once again before sliding them back to Law.
Jun 12 2018, 12:23 PM
dom wolf
Furore pack
bisexual
mated/married to Nico~
Law

awards

The Crooked Man
Eien
He hated that smirk on his lips.

Well, fuck that shit though, pretty sure they’d both gotten it from their father. No matter. Law shrugged this annoyance off just like he’d not appear to be able to shrug off this fucker. Oh, jokes. Here Justin went, sassing him back and Law felt tired, suddenly. Tired to pretend that he didn’t find a bit of amusement in that.

Or maybe more than a little.

Maybe their mother’s sharp tongue was awfully shared between the two, divided into two equally fat portions that their due helping thereof they were enjoying just now as they enjoyed this merry fucking time.

Nah.

Law clucked his tongue. And smoothed a gentle look at his little brother, mocking, “Well, daw, I’m sure we can find some other activity we can do together. I hear playing on train tracks is really fun this time of the year.” Punctuated with the cock of his brows and the tilt of his head, everything about him going all uh-huh, uh-huh, amazingly contemplative and surely Oscar-worthy. A part of him cringed; it felt like a mean-spirited joke in hindsight, and immediately, Law felt randomly irked as fuck; he imagined the creaking of the bullet train coming their way, imagined how the railway would shudder a quarter of mile ahead of its arrival, trembling to announce what cometh their way a good minute before it bothered to show off.

It pissed him off, suddenly then, the thought of actually hitting this little fucker though it was just some hypothetical, mock situation he himself had proposed.

Annoyed and dismissive, he said, “Forget that fucking thought”, and he’d dub the moment fucking done. The conversation over, the train a random cause of every passionate and huge discord. A personal concern for him to tackle and fuck off to the deepest parts of hell, where he’d send every fictitious fucking train that had dared join the fantasy in which it so much as bumped into this little shit.

No reason. Perhaps Law just detested the thought of trains and his brother. Would have maybe preferred him elsewhere, blah, blah, blah, he just didn’t know the reason. Decided.

Lana.

It was then as Justin spoke that that Law took a note of his brother’s face. The grin gone, his features set all serious, at least the fucker shit didn’t look like he was here to insult him and perhaps have a date with a hard hit after all. He just mentioned it, and Law narrowed his eyes, silent himself.

“No.”

Law looked around himself, then, his lips wrinkling, his dry retort a hard given--

“Fuck mother.”

Weren’t you any familiar with him, maybe you’d have paled. Law just jerked his head at Justin to follow, before getting up from the post, and saying, “Fine, this isn’t a conversation we’re having here.” Where others could overhear. “My fucking office’s warded, we’re going there.”

An order and a suggestion, provided his brother had a sort of a genuine desire to speak to him. Law wasn’t presuming anything. Temporarily irked with the meddling influence of their mother, although eventually unsurprised she’d tossed her two sons together with every shameless effort of over half a century later, he led the fucker up to the office as he had told him, past the tables and the wolves, and then non-wolves too of course, all down to the last having too much of that enhanced hearing for him to bother with whispers.

Fuck that.

Shameless just like mother dearest, if it was a fuck-you he wanted to say, he wanted to be able to say it and something a bit more private where he wouldn’t have to keep quiet.

Lest all them know what had happened.

Hard pass.

And Law would take them to his office, there flicking the lights on as he entered and relying on Justin to close the door as, black to the fucker, Law walked right in and to his desk, grabbing a random object off it.

He turned it over his hand.

It was some abandoned document.

“So you came to visit me ‘cause Lana’s dead?”

Law looked at Justin over his shoulder there. There was both something hard and changed in his tone then. He flicked his gaze somewhere behind Justin, spinning to fully face him, and settled a look on him that could have read, depending; from stern to not at all, from troubled to a type of soft-- from tired, to just really fucking tired, and Law slanted a look at his brother, and drawled--

“A bit too late for condolences, if that’s what you’re here for.”

Something in his tone said: fuck off. It was a wounded, tired growl. Law looked away--

Walked, with a meandering tempo, to return the document into one of the cabinets lining the wall on the left of him. His back would be turned to Justin.

Almost purposefully.

Law still sounded tired as he answered Justin. All these answers to all these unasked questions.

“You can visit her grave if you want. That’s about it, to be honest.”

He sounded like if pressed for the details thereof, he’d not be able to provide the answer.

Like he, asked for anything relating to the girl he called darling and gorgeous and great and his, and his forever, forever even to the deep and ugly beyond--

Like he, asked for the details of this queen of his thoughts.

Like he would, somehow, anyway, for odd reasons, not be able to answer.

He pulled one cabinet open and then shut when the document was disposed inside and from the spot, his profile hidden from sight, he didn't budge.

His eyes dark and haunted.

--------------------
user posted image

Topic Options

Fast Reply

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.