Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st

New Thread

Smuggle Me This, Lore & Bart
May 2 2018, 06:45 AM
Siren
Wild women do, And they don't regret it.
Seelie Court
Bisexual
Single || Open
Lore Lay, Lore

awards

Azzie
She/Her | CST | 3/3/3 | PM Me Please
For the most part business was always on the legal side for Lore. There were times that it dove into the shadier side of things but that tended to be few and far between. Lore did not like to make it a habit of doing things illegally. She liked to think of herself as an upstanding citizen.

Visits to the docks would come every now and again. Lore liked to keep in touch with Bartimaeus as much as she could. Without him she would not be able to get her shipments from Europe into the United States so easily. Even with the legal shipments there could be trouble and when smuggling in items she really needed the law enforcement to remain ignorant of it.

The business relationship she had with Bartimaeus worked out perfectly to where she got all her shipments in without issue and he got what he wanted from her, whatever that might be. So far what he had asked from her was nothing she could not supply.

Her car pulled up to the offices at the dock. Lore waited for her driver to get out and open the door for her. Quietly she thanked him with a nod of her head before walking to Bartimaeus’ office.

The sun was high in the sky as she walked inside the building. She was dressed simply in a white sleeveless pencil dress and matching heels. A few gold bangles graced her wrist and matched the gold of the diamond teardrop earrings she wore. Her hair was loose around her face and curled slightly to accent her face. As always she was a look of perfection.

Some might have thought she was underdressed for the weather but Lore actually found the temperature perfect. Cooler temperatures was what she preferred and today she thought the weather was perfect. If only it would remain like this.

It did not take long for Lore to reach his office. She greeted the receptionist kindly. Lore had no appointment but she figured she would not need one. The receptionist knew her well enough that Lore did not even have to request that Bartimaeus be notified of her presence. The woman picked up the phone and called back to her boss to notify him of Lore’s arrival.

While she waited, Lore turned and walked to a window that overlooked the docks. She watched for a moment while a ship unloaded the containers it was carrying.

@Bartimaeus McLeod
May 5 2018, 10:09 PM
1901 Demon International Trade of SF and Dock Master
Archdemon
I have one rule. Make a deal and keep it.
Hell
Heterosexual
Single
Mr. McLeod

awards

i have hell to raise
Yukie
she, her, thing | EST | 3/3/3 | Yukie#7980

’Mr. McLeod, Lorely is here to see you.’

The man would pause at the paper work he was writing on. His gaze wouldn’t pull from his pen as his other hand reached to press the button. Calmly he’d speak a subtle grin on his face for his amusement. ”Tell her I’ll be out in one moment. It shouldn’t be too much longer.” Although he didn’t like being disturbed while in the mist of work, but for special regulars, he made a very small exception. With his last few pages, the demon would finish his write up and ever so graciously stuff them away back in the file they came out of. From there he would put them away into the cabinet.

Bartimaeus would grab his cane, taking himself out of his office and down the halls before he’d reached up to the front area to meet his lovely guest. He was quiet in his arrival. Slowly, he’d head towards the blonde woman as she stared outside the window at the passing by trade and shipment. What pray tell did the little siren want from him today? His gaze would move pass hers, looking out the window as well to see his part of his empire that he’d built.

“I assure you, none of that is yours.” He spoke at ease. Eventually her eyes would look to him, his grin in some amusement still. “Loreley, my dear what do I owe this surprise visit? You’re shipment isn’t in until next week.” His hand would wave her over back to the door. “Please, right this way.” The archdemon would be gentleman for now, opening the door for her before leading her down the halls where his office would lay, at least one of his offices of course. The tap of his cane would echo with each step until they reached his door.

Again, he’d open it for her to walk in, he no following so he could shut it. Now they were away from prying ears of others around them. “So good to see you Loreley, now have a seat. Would you like anything to drink? Water, wine, scotch, I have quite the variety. Color me curious to know what a pretty siren like you is doing with someone like me unannounced like this” Bartimaeus took steps towards the front of his desk, so his backend would rest against it while the woman sat or stood. His hands were over one another while his cane rested in front under his palms.

“What can I do for you?”

hello darling~
May 11 2018, 10:46 AM
Siren
Seelie Court
Bisexual
Single || Open
Lore Lay, Lore

awards

Azzie
A familiar voice came from behind her and she turned to look at Bartimaeus. Loreley smiled as she met his gaze. Being unannounced was something she knew he did not favor but circumstances such as this did not allow her to call ahead. Due to their relation she knew he would not be too upset with her visit and Loreley was glad to see that he did not present any ill will towards her as he greeted her.

”I was hoping to speak with you privately on a matter that has come to light.” No sooner had she answer his question then she was invited back to his office. Loreley followed quietly as they made their way to his office.

Once inside she took the seat that had been offered to her. She shook her head slightly at the offer of a beverage. For now she was content to just speak with him. ”No thank you.” Loreley still smiled at him. Maybe later she would have a drink.

”First, I want to apologize for my unannounced visit. I hope you can forgive me on the intrusion.” Briefly her eyes glanced to the desk he was leaning against. ”Hopefully I did not interrupt something important.” The desk did not appear to be covered in papers so she was thinking this time was not a bad one to have picked.

After looking at him again she continued. ”A small emergency has arisen and I was hoping you would be able to accommodate my client and I.” Loreley crossed her legs and leaned back in her chair a little. Gently she folded her hands on her lap. ”A shipment needs to come into the San Francisco undetected. It will include a half dozen crates that are approximately 10 feet by 5 feet.” It was not the largest shipment she had ever asked him to delivery. ”They would be arriving next week.”

Loreley waited a beat before asking, “What sort of compensation would you require for this shipment?” At times she wished she could guess what he wanted in payment but it was always something different. She had learned just to ask rather than assume what he would want.
May 18 2018, 03:46 PM
Archdemon
Hell
Heterosexual
Single
Mr. McLeod

awards

i have hell to raise
Yukie
Bartimaeus gracefully waved the woman’s apologies off. He has no need to hear it from her. After all she was one of the more constant clients. Perhaps she was not the most important but in the top average of them. His work could clearly take a second and wait. “My dear, do not say such things.” He’d grinned leaning on his cane slightly as she sat down in one of the chairs. “I assure you there’s always time for you. I make is a goal to make sure my clients are well attended to. We do help each other out, do we not?” No matter how illegal it was, he was able to get away with practically anything with his company.

The siren would then talk about the ‘emergency’ at hand. Accommodation of other’s clients was not really his particular responsibility. His head would tilt, looking at the woman rather carefully as she asked for his assistance. Undetected shipment…wasn’t the easiest thing to do when you ran the docks and trade. His hand would lightly tap with his cane, thinking about her request and letting her speak before he started. It may not have been asking for a lot, considering what he has done before, but it was never that easy of a process. There were so many complications.

“I see.” He spoke standing himself up from the edge of the desk. The demon would make his way over to his side table, cracking open a bottle of scotch to pour himself a glass. “Security is rather sticky Ms. Peters, I’m sure you’re aware.” Bartimaeus would grin, taking his glass to his office chair and sitting down. The glass swirled in his hands, letting his thoughts ponder over a deal to me made. What was in it for him? What could she offer as beneficial for this trade?

The glass would rise to his lips, taking one taste before resting it on a coaster to the side. Hands folded themselves into his lap, cane resting on top as well. “Before I agree to even helping, I have to know about the shipment. You see mostly all ships are label. I must know details of what to look for, what it is and so forth. You of course know that my dear.” The archdemon grinned, his brows quirked ever so slightly at the obvious information. “So to start. Will this be on your regular ship? Are the crates different among the rest or is it mixed in with the rest of them? I simply can’t agree unless I also know what they are.”

Question after another, he’ let it sink until she was going to participate. Bartimaeus would taste the rim of scotch as he waited for the woman in hopes to hear something a little more beneficial to his taste.
May 22 2018, 08:59 AM
Siren
Seelie Court
Bisexual
Single || Open
Lore Lay, Lore

awards

Azzie
All the questions were asked and all of them she did not really want to answer. In order to get things moving she would have to give him answers. That was the only way to do business. Others she might have stretched the truth or even outright lied but the relationship she had with Bartimaeus was quite different. The relationship they built was that of trust and Loreley was not going to break that confidence now.

”This particular shipment will not be coming in as on one of my ships.” Loreley was not fond of the idea but it was something she had to make work. Since everything had been last minute there were no other plans to be made. ”The cargo vessel information is at my office. I can have it brought to you quickly.” Given the circumstances Loreley could not afford to have this information available electronically.

”All of the crates will look the same but they will be placed among other cargo. They will have shipping marks from Hong Kong on them. I was told they would also be labeled 1 of 6, 2 of 6, and so on. Photographs were sent to me of how they appear. I can have them brought over as well.” Loreley would do what she could to make this as smooth as possible. Hopefully this would not happen again any time soon. How she hated the last minute scrambling.

Silence fell over her as she watched his reaction. Hong Kong was not a place she typically if even shipped from. Considering most of her clients were out of Europe she knew he would catch on. Bartimaeus was rather observant. He had to be considering his line of work.

Loreley debated on adding information but kept her lips sealed for the time being. Sometimes it was best to leave things as they were and not get into the details of just what was being shipped. If he asked, she would tell. He just had to utter the words. Until then, however, it would remain a mystery. She had a feeling it would be a very short mystery though.
Jun 1 2018, 05:55 PM
Archdemon
Hell
Heterosexual
Single
Mr. McLeod

awards

i have hell to raise
Yukie
Patchy information, Bartimaeus wasn’t a fan of such. Still the blonde gave him a balance of trust so they gave equal respect. However, he wanted his questions answered. A hand would tap his glass, taking in her words as he carefully thought about how it would have to run. He needed to know what was on the ships. Especially if it wasn’t from her European cliental, she hardly ever touched Hong Kong so it was obviously something different this time. Hutton will have to be involved; he’d send him later once she’d gathered the information. Bartimaeus never made a deal unless he knew what deck he had to play with.

“Taking a little trip to Hong Kong are we?” The demon gave a chuckle taping his empty glass to his desk. His hands would folding together as his index fingers unfolded to create a point that had been brought to rest at the tip of his nose. “Once you’ve returned, I’ll send Hutton to you to gather in formation I require. Of course that is only part of what I need to know” His face would be revealed again, hands brought down to his lap to rest as he continued.

“Once I require the crates I will personally have them sent to a separate warehouse. However that doesn’t change the fact that you have yet to tell me what was inside them.” Knowing the contents of this secret cargo will serve beneficial on not only how to handle them, but possibly use it as a means to gain a benefit of the trade. Whether or not they were for clients didn’t matter, he could easily have her charged if it was something illegal. His lips would subtly grin gesturing back to the woman who knew more than he did of the current situation.

“What sort of clients made you gather items from Hong Kong, hm? With the cautious and urgent demand of pulling them to safety, I can only imagine its more illegal then what you’re making note of. So what is it, my dear? What could have come across Asia to out docks that makes is direly important to carefully transfer undetected? And what can you offer me to make this deal a reality?”
Jun 12 2018, 06:23 AM
Siren
Seelie Court
Bisexual
Single || Open
Lore Lay, Lore

awards

Azzie
There were always limits to compensation but Loreley liked to think that she could pay whatever was required. In truth the price to be paid was not really coming from her, but rather the client she was working with. She would do her best to achieve a fair deal but in the end it always came down to just what Bartimaeus wanted.

It was best to get it over with. Like pulling off a bandaid. ”The crates contain a variety of artifacts from the Forbidden City. Until recently a network of tunnels were found under it that lead to various vaults. My client came into possession of one of these vaults by means that I am unaware of.” And she did not really want to know just how they were acquired. If she had it her way Loreley would have preferred not to know what was in the crates either. In cases like these she liked to remain in the dark. Sometimes that just made business a little easier for her.

”It was ‘asked’ that I assist in moving these containers into the US. From there, I don’t know what my client plans on doing with them.” That was one piece of information she did not want to know. After the client received the crates here she wanted nothing more to do with it.

Loreley stood up and walked over to where the drinks were at. She picked up the same bottle of scotch he had before and turned towards him. Quietly she walked to his desk while opening the bottle. Carefully she refilled his cup before closing the bottle. ”What is it that you would like in compensation?” He had asked her but she rebuffed the question to him. The ball was always in his court when it came to the cost of doing business like this.

Topic Options

Fast Reply

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.