Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st

Closed

New Thread

Tea And Conversations, @Eien /Loki
Jan 14 2018, 04:47 PM
Archangel
Reach the limits of virtue, before you cross the border of death.
Heaven
Demisexual
Single
Theo

awards

Preceptor
kenzie
she/her | Est | 3/3/3 | kenzie#5136
It wasn't often that direct orders were given to her. Largely given reign to go about the given duties as she saw fit. Which only meant that the times Theophania was contacted by God were that much more important. She was His left hand, and would follow the letter of the demands made of that station and serve the host.

Do what was asked of her to keep her angels safe. Heaven the home and people she defended and guided.

However it was not often she was active and purposefully made to become more familiar with the activities of an archdemon. Those instances were normally of a more personal nature or unfortunate coincidence, if for no other reason that her position had no need to seek them out otherwise and guiding the angels so frequently required about four extra sets of hands than she actually had. Made it a small blessing when angels who had already slipped into their new life, comfortable in their grace and feathers remained in her hotels. As examples or as actively helping their fellow angels.

Made it all the more perturbing when asked to find some answers regarding the Gatekeeper.

Worse still was the echoing warning from Yuu.

More dangerous and not alone.

They were outnumbered, the only consolation was none of them could afford to truly go nuclear. Such a small thing, considering how much destruction any of the arches could commit if they were determined.

Unsurprisingly, upon receiving her orders Theo did not immediately seek Loki out. Unfamiliar with Loki in general it would be foolish to. So instead she set out collecting what information she could regarding the Gatekeeper.

Set on making at least the first encounter on terms that she was somewhat comfortable with.

There was no chance she was about to approach him at his establishment. Apparently the only other place that was likely without stalking him would be the residential address that could be found. Though encountering him in public was much preferred, perhaps get a feel for his choice of residence now and take an opportunity to speak in public.

Decision made the archangel only took enough time to grab a light jacket for over the dress to look less out of place with the general population before teleporting midstep a few blocks away to a more familiar area of the Northwest part of the city.

Steps wouldn't falter as she materialized on the street.

Would take a roundabout route to the address, taking in the surprisingly mundane area about the apartment. Mundane of course with the exception of the dark aura; but so many didn't take notice of that.

Of course hers wouldn't go unnoticed either.

Would wait until she was in front of the building before pausing to glance at it, unaffected by those walking passed her. Not preferable but he was home. Already knew the floor and apartment number. It was easy enough to get into the building and make her way up to the proper floor.

Stopping at the right door only a moment before knocking and waiting for the answer.

"Loki." She'd acknowledge, eyes sliding to the demon she'd somehow not crossed paths with before now.

@Eien
Jan 14 2018, 06:52 PM
1975 demon assassin, pimp, information broker
archdemon
Mercy, mercy. Chains all wrapped around me, around me. Try to break free from the darker part of me. Mercy, mercy, please. All I see is a monster in me.
Hell
in love with his brother~
shipped & taken by his brother
Loki

awards

The Gatekeeper
Eien
her/she | GMT +1 | 3/3/3 | Eien#0897
He got home almost like there was nothing interesting bound to happen. His mind was in turmoil.

Matthias, he kept thinking, like if he thought his name obsessively and numerously enough, if he drowned himself in the weight thereof, if he made it central to his being, if he surrendered himself to his obsession, naked to it, he’d summon him here. Loki didn’t even know what he'd do if he did. During the moments that he spent away from his brother, he lied to himself that he had it all under control. That he didn’t die time and over again in a dramatic homage to how he felt just because he continued to picture every man and woman who came in contact with the man. The thought of someone so much as looking at Matthias made Loki’s stomach lurch with wrath.

Setting his keys down by the table, he went on acting like his mind wasn’t stuck on the space between his brother’s legs, a clearly evil and warped desire he’d never done anything to quell for sure, and which plagued him, ailed him and he contracted it like a deadly disease; there was no way out of the black hole of obsession he’d passed the event horizon of recently, no way of returning from a journey that was a one-way ride to the space between hell and the end of the world-- a place worse than the worst hell had to offer. Loki tried not to think about it. He tried to stop winding himself up thinking about all this, this desire, this sick craving, the cruel need to own the man’s flesh and every fiber of his being. It kept his stomach knotted with the heavy confusion why they hadn’t yet plucked each other from the floor and found another flat surface for only one possibly worse act than wanting each other.

The presence of the angelic presence cut through this like an attempt at salvation. Loki looked up.

Though he could not see the person, he looked at the wall, at the spot beyond them, ways beyond them where he or she moved, stalking them like he could in fact see through any solid material, metal and iron. His body still carried the touch of his prior activity, kissing him with the quick shower he’d grabbed at the gym before fucking off from it and walking here. Home, if you'd believe it, his second though the concept was so vague to him he didn’t mind it wasn’t a home at all.

He minded he had a guest. He minded he was in his human place, the part of his mask he didn’t like cracked. He minded she was here. Because when he found her standing behind the door, said door between them yet, enough of her gross, clean presence had been described to him he knew her without even bothering with a glance. His lips pulled back.

The snarl was noiseless.

It curled into a smirk, cruel.

And Loki moved towards the door, a low, silent prowl that ended when he stopped a foot away and swung the door open.

He greeted her with that smirk.

And that cold, cruel look in his eyes turning black and red, blushing the skin around them as well-- paling it, graying it and seeping the color outwards until it stopped and retreated in an order that needn’t be said. His eyes blue and pretty.

He killed his immense need to transform into something ugly and smiled at her, just horribly.

A cold, even chilling expression that didn’t hide that beneath his deceptive features he was the disgusting sort of monster religion warned against if you bothered to listen.

“Theophania,” he greeted, in a purr. A silken, nice kind of voice that he punctuated with a cock of his head and that gently ponderous expression that questioned why she was doing here.

"I suppose the Whore of Babylon needs a new foe, now that she has helped her previous one to salvation. Did you bring your brother mutt with?”

The Gatekeeper.

He didn’t wait for the answer, instead stepping aside to let her in as he ordered simply, “Come in, darling, I’d rather not have you ruin my reputation. Tea?”

He closed the door behind her when she was inside. And pinned her with a curious, sharp look, his eyes smiling and incisive as he questioned--

Why are you here?”

His voice boomed with casual, eerie power.

--------------------
user posted image
Jan 28 2018, 08:30 PM
Archangel
Heaven
Demisexual
Single
Theo

awards

Preceptor
kenzie
Was it some unwritten standard for archdemons and their smirks? Or the preferred response to her?

Kept her features still as his eyes danced with the truth of what lay beneath the human image. Holding any and all fleeting impulses to let her own visage slip in response, to let the display evoke some kind of response out of her. Hold the position, reign in even the smallest and pettiest retaliatory responses. It was not the reason for her presence.

Especially as the warnings over this archdemon seemed to echo through her mind.

It was no time for provocation.

Even if Hell's unfortunate nickname for her was not a favoured thing to hear. "Contrary to how it may appear, I've not a habit of seeking out personal foes." Though targeting her angels was a sure fire way to achieve that end.

A result of actions, not their aim.

It was unsurprising the reference to the stain on her soul, though it did serve to affirm suspicions as to some of the fallout that would need to be dealt with. Fantastic.

Not her reason for being there, but some small beneficial thing to know.

Refusing to reiterate the derogatory term, "And I'm certain you already know that the Gatekeeper is not with me." She commented offhandedly, even though it would offer a measure reassurance to have. As she effectively walked in to a demonic equivalent to a metaphorical lions den.

A musing thought as she stepped into the space. Absently gazing about, mildly surprised in the mundanity of the space. "Tea would be welcomed."

Her own response would remain even, lacking any kind of boom. "A welcome to the city perhaps, it was unfortunate that commitments were in the way of our crossing paths when the portals were opened." Tone even, refusing to be cowed by the power her statement was answering.
Jan 29 2018, 10:40 AM
archdemon
Mercy, mercy. Chains all wrapped around me, around me. Try to break free from the darker part of me. Mercy, mercy, please. All I see is a monster in me.
Hell
Loki

awards

The Gatekeeper
Eien
Loki just hummed in response and said no further. Though he certainly adored the sound of his own voice as was, of course, expected of every pretentious asshole and whore in his position, her being no exception, he actually didn’t feel like dragging this on. She didn’t make it a habit and, as he noted, the Gatekeeper wasn’t here, and for all these responses he found her a rather dull, passive bitch. Well, good on you, dearie, what’s next~

At least she stepped in.

Tea.

Loki set the kettle to boil and looked through his upper row of cupboards for his tea collection.

It was expectedly abysmal.

Still, he happened to have a rather lovely English blend, nothing proper as the Chinese could argue but this darned topic of which country’s tea was better was just deliciously redundant. Loki popped the teabag from its adorable little wrapper, and dropped it from height into the tea-cup.

thud

The kettle, the automatic sort you plugged in and waited to do its magic, was stalling. He tried recalling if he had put too much water into it. If waiting on the water to boil was endlessly more entertaining to him than sitting here in the company of an Archangel, about the same bitch of some divine presence as his humble presence.

He felt his lips curl.

“Ah, of course,” he said, turning on the spot. He faced her, his youthful features about as deceptive as her own. Didn’t they look amazingly young together? Might have been a brother and sister if their fates weren’t so different.

He smirked. And motioned for her to take a seat at the kitchen island, so perfectly barren as about anything else in his home; his decor was necessary, his furniture copied a humble living, though the spaces were a bit too large to reflect this poverty he seemed to be trying to emulate. Or maybe not quite poverty, but a kind, quiet home furnished only necessarily so that it helped him survive in matters of mortality: food, drink, sleep. Shit.

Unused to a T.

Loki’s eyes settled on her, smirking as well as his mouth as they reflected his vapid, hard amusement, and remained cold.

“The good old fashioned welcoming committee. Well, do take a seat. I’ll get you your tea.” The water began to bubble. Vomiting a thick curling smoke, the kettle drew, and riveted his attention-- his lips twitched, and he placed his hand above the steam.

His palm turned red shortly.

“I don’t suppose you will tell me which naughty little birdie told you about me. Do tell, at least hint, what exactly did you get told?”

The steam was hot. Even though it was a hard given to anyone with common sense, his hand, developing first degree burn, stood to reflect that in a detail; it blistered, angry and crying, within moments. Maybe it would bleed?

please

He watched it in silent, amused admiration instead, letting his lips curl all the further as though the best thing about today was how hard his body attempted to act human.

Oh, how very cute.

The kettle popped then, signaling the water had reached boil, could be poured. He didn’t, for a moment.

Stood on the spot, slowly turning his hand over and watching it with an idly appreciative look, his words easy and soft.

Cold.

“Do you also sometimes look back at your heavenly beginnings and think mhmm, centuries worth of torture, no wonder I’m where I am at the moment. Ah… my bad.” He looked up, his hard, unforgiving eyes on Theo’s.

His smirk kind of too wide.

“Your tea and crumpets committee surely didn’t give you an old cookie when they greeted you at the heaven’s gate. Your tea, my dear.”

He poured it, then. Perhaps if she sat/stood in that resigned understanding he’d toss the rest of the boiling hot liquid into her face, she was entirely wrong for that. Well.

Let's give it a few moments.

One--

He gave her her cup and there was that.

--------------------
user posted image
Feb 19 2018, 02:00 PM
Archangel
Heaven
Demisexual
Single
Theo

awards

Preceptor
kenzie
Always something demanding her attention. Heaven kept her busy enough, consuming the majority of time and energy. Young fledglings learning to fly and those in need of stricter guidance, on top of the needed anchor in the mid-world to justify the time spent there. Making the time that Theo found to be solely hers unsurprisingly sparse. Such feuding, siphoning time away from what was cared about more. A thing that could range from bothersome to her own life to devastating for those under her who too often had found themselves dragged into the feud.

Ire to be directed at her, through them.

Yes, that sounded exactly like something to oh so willingly, to desire to indulge in.

Simply toss those who might fall in the wake of a foe's path to her in to the fire shall we? Let Hell burn them in her pursuit of what?

Enmity? Enough of that in any demon.

Interest? Plenty enough among Heaven to keep from boredom.

Yes, obviously in need of those. Made the idea of finding some foe so appealing.

As unfortunate a thing as her lack of desire to root out some foe. To replace the animosity and blood that had spanned her time with Yuu. A clash of power between two who might so easily be passed over when looking for that power. Young and deceptively delicate looking, with little notable if one were to avoid their eyes that reflecting too many centuries to be powerless.

Would move to sit, unwilling to have done so earlier; to move about as if the place was familiar or to even offer an illusion of such. A thing more unfortunate than having missed Loki last time. Her own gaze drawn to the kettle's steam than about the space again.

"Wouldn't want you feel neglected or ignored now would we?"

Carefully her eyes would slide from the steam to Loki's back, glancing about his posture as she weighed his question against her possible answers. Had been warned both by Yuu upon his redemption and by God, the second accompanied by orders that had brought her here. A warning and an order. Even had the thought of admitting to either, those realities would have given it pause. Yes, do let the threat know that the danger they pose is acknowledge; inflate an ego and offer a challenge to be more of a threat.

Both fantastic ideas truly. Let's just lay out the cards and let Loki pick through them as he pleased. "You ask almost sounding like you believe I might actually offer an honest answer to that. Or that I was offered some in depth biography of you." Would then have little to no need of actually prompting a visit with him. "I've heard enough." Enough to recognize the need for the visit even as she'd no desire for it.

To play nice enough, to not allow her resignation to the need of it to bleed over into blatant antagonism in their conversation.

No need to cultivate a feud that might fed on itself and the blood it could shed.

Lip twitching downwards in a scowl. Exactly like that. She wasn't here to bait him, but what orders did Loki have to follow here? What collateral did a Gatekeeper need to worry over?

A reminded of the restraint needed. No endeavour for a new feud, "As surely as that wasn't offered at Hell's gate either. Though perhaps because crumpets were less common." A minor redirect as she took her own tea, allowing it to steep a moment or two.

"Though I suppose, as Gatekeeper you could offer such a greeting. You're doing a fine job at the moment."
Feb 19 2018, 02:54 PM
archdemon
Hell
Loki

awards

The Gatekeeper
Eien
His lips curled at that.

“No,” he slowly said, “I suppose we wouldn’t.” His silken lilt reminded a drawl.

When she didn’t answer him, he turned to face her with that chilling, cold amusement that didn’t draw laugh lines down his cheeks at all. He just watched her, his head cocked in a curious survey of her person as though she were an interesting experiment instead of the patsy she was-- her God’s patsy, his own little minion who purveyed his intentions.

But then.

So was he but just of another master. One wrapped in the stink of sulfur and floating eternally in the bottom center of hell where nobody dared venture. Even his own Archdemons, typically summoned there for the occasional meeting or the crowning of another Archdemon, could always think of a million places they’d prefer to grace with their presence than that cloud of pure evil that they feared beyond their own imagination.

Loki knew he did.

Loki also knew how being possessed by the Devil felt, a being of such an immense power every second felt like a painful passing in times over. He'd seen the Devil staring back at him in the confines of his own mind and he'd never felt so invaded and small.

He dismissed the hard, heavy memory of that, pinning the Archangel with a look of weird, cold amusement that suggested he may have been half emotionally involved in this: a quirk in his lips and the hardening of his gaze all in all in a smirk that looked offended but also not really.

“That’s quite alright,” he lied, half-grinning. “I can find out, anyway.

“After all.

“There’s no keeping a secret in this realm.”

His eyes flickered out the window and onto the vast, blue sky stretching over this world. An above where the traditional heaven resided and in this heaven the all-knowing God and his army of once immortal and mortal men.

And valkyries, the rare, hybrid breed of angel and demon species rumored to be able to exist as eternally as God.

There was something about their kind that Loki understood like a personal, bitter experience from a timeline before his present.

He focused on the woman at his table, her tea taken and his form leaning back, arms crossed over his chest and his amusement present as in to explain his cold quip, “I do hope you don’t linger. Pardon me for my conditional hospitality, surely it makes sense somewhere in the scheme of things.”

He tutted at that, and set one of his arms, unlaced, behind himself, down on the counter-top where it pressed flat and Loki said, “Absolutely feel free to divulge why, genuinely, you’re here.” His tone lilted, that dear, British lilt a delight to hear. Sadly, she wasn’t an aficionado (he was assuming). The ever-present, charming chuckle he had tucked into it after years of careful practice added a mischievous, jovial touch to his presentation that was nothing you mentioned loudly. It was an impression, as ephemeral as a fleeting though stubborn thought making rounds to circle you forever after until the birth of its solution. He blinked, stretching his lips back, his smile charming--

And invisibly, subtly threatening. Could have been ‘cause of how cold it was.

Why this courtesy visit?”

--------------------
user posted image
Mar 23 2018, 10:28 PM
Archangel
Heaven
Demisexual
Single
Theo

awards

Preceptor
kenzie
There were so often so many pleasantries weren't there? Of veiling the war that separated and put them in opposition. Hidden behind empty hospitality and a veneer of mundanity.

Obscured even further by any soul foolish enough to take either at face value. For as beguiling as Loki could appear, Theo had not taken the warnings lightly. Knew so well their appearance in this realm meant nothing in the scheme of anything eternal.

A thing only reinforced with the visit.

Pale eyes narrowing and slanting toward his figure. No secrets. Of course the other archdemons knew of the redemption, the ascension of a new valkyrie wasn't something to go unnoticed by either Heaven or Hell. And it hadn't stayed quiet exactly who was responsible for redeeming an archdemon.

It seemed no one was content with that decision.

Just short of a trial, answers expected while still grappling with the piece of soul within her and being more aware of Yuu than Theo had ever been in all their years of confrontation.

Returning to this realm had been a relief, once again parted from the illuminated and the all-knowing of her God. Even as she returned with a command, burdened with the threat of Loki and his brother.

Gaze not leaving the other, even as his returned from the window. "Well I do suppose not everyone has the same experience and ease with providing hospitality. Luckily lingering isn't an intention of mine." Truthfully neither had the house visit. But the intention of that whose command she was under.

That put her own preferences back, too bound to the will of Heaven to ignore it or not see it wholly through.

Even as the posturing continued, the veiled threats slipping more into easy visibility. Fake warmth draining from conversation and mannerisms.

Theo would lean forward just enough to place the tea down, "I do prefer to have more than a passing knowledge of threats that reside in the same city I do." True, though it mattered little this didn't truly encompass the totality of the reasons she was here. Yes the threat Loki presented was a neat, reduced summation. Warned by Yuu and commanded by God to not let his presence simply be, not to wait for the blow and havoc to follow in the archdemon's wake.

For the threat offered in that smile, calculation and measuring was offered back in the flat line of her lips.

"Of course that also brings the questions, why the hospitality as conditional as it is?"
Mar 24 2018, 09:41 AM
archdemon
Hell
Loki

awards

The Gatekeeper
Eien
And yet unluckily, appearing was an actual intention of yours,” Loki replied smoothly, and on spot. Tut tut, girl, surely they could agree that in the grand scheme of things, her appearing did belie something. Surely. At least she had her tea.

Loki briefly considered making himself one. Instead, even in a manner a tad amazingly anti-climatic, he fetched his shake from the cabinets, and began preparing himself an honest to god and literal protein shake.

Human bodies… Whilst his no longer aged, he had to remain in a good shape. He worked out. Occupied himself. Frozen into this state of perpetual youth didn’t however mean his body didn't live, breathe and throb with a strong desire to be fed water and food. It could very well bypass it, these details of a human existence that Loki was free to replace with the air, with the endless, energy of hell that twisted the already twisted as an evil necessary side-effect of its help. Or he could devour souls, also one simple way of making himself stronger. More awake. He killed any fatigue if he killed a man.

Or he could eat, and he could drink, mimicking a mortal existence so well nobody in vicinity doubted that when he placed strawberries on his tongue and praised berries in the wild, he spoke from an experience as honest as the burning sun.

He did.

Not to mention, being spliced with the energy of the Devil did mean he technically needed to just be to feel rejuvenated. He knew it was the case for her, as well. The lot of them, Arches from either end and they were all too powerful to be permitted a free reign. Loki personally thought that anyone out there handing out freedom of will to the likes of them hadn’t yet seen a proper possible End. Loki knew that both sides were strictly forbidden from starting anything that leveled whole cities even.

He also knew he still had the power. His shake, flavored strawberry (like he were a boy) was all done, and he capped it and shook it in his hand to mix all its ingredients; skim milk, whey protein, a bit of honey (naughty), and strawberries that he’d grabbed from the fridge, looking already pre-prepared; hulled and reduced to a jam like thickness. He shook it, well aware that it didn’t help this bizarre, odd situation but just as aware he wasn’t too interested in making better. He just looked at her, slanting her a cool, distantly amused look.

“What you prefer aligns quite well with a certain betrayal from hell. How is Yuu? I sure hope he didn’t promise you himself for redeeming his soul. He’s infamously wrapped up in his incubus,” he talked, his mellifluous, whispering drawl full of derision. At least his smile sat so well on his lips, curled on their end and even.

His drink was ready, and grabbed a tall glass from the cabinet. He poured himself one, and mockingly tutted.

And then, he answered.

“My orders are clear,” he said, “as I am sure are yours.” In regards to his conditional hospitality, anyway. But whether that meant ‘just’ the usual order of ‘don’t get involved with Archangels, don’t fight them’ or something else Loki didn’t bother to elaborate. Instead, his facade gentle and calm, even if that harsh, black opinion of her and the situation stood so starkly in his blue eyes, he faced her, sitting himself down at his table.

“Do drink,” he instructed with a tut. “We’d hate to see that tea go to waste.”

His drink was sat down, and Loki crossed one leg over the other, leaning back. He looked comfortable where he sat.

“So now that you came here, and met me, assessing the threat, does that mean you’re one tea away from leaving?”

His lips curled at that, his smile cheeky, and his flavored drink raised to his lips.

--------------------
user posted image
May 17 2018, 10:30 PM
Archangel
Heaven
Demisexual
Single
Theo

awards

Preceptor
kenzie
An uptick in the corner of lips, too small of a shift to be called a smile. Much less kind than one too. "Reputations are not always accurate. I do prefer to rely on my own conclusions than hearsay when it comes to these matters." Would keep the warnings and observations given to her in mind, but rely on this too. As these matters weren't to be at an end when she left, Theo knew that.

This was not near the be all, end all of their interactions. Unfortunately. Otherwise it would likely not have come about.

No use in this assessment, in gauging the threat if this was the only foreseeable interaction between them. And yet no direct blows would come either. The slightest shift in the pressure around the handle of the tea cup. Nothing that would crack it, but one that shifted her hold in the slightest response. A tightened grip and little more.

So observe she would, eyes tracking his movements as a ... shake was made. A protein shake. Something so mundane it might have been beguiling. More beguiling than the youth that seemed to cling to the boyish face, even as dark expressions twisted that boyish visage. As if maintaining his body was something that took a conscious effort. Like a threat of the body growing and softening, age taking its toll if not fought off. Soften before withering. A veneer and pretense lacking any real need to be present. A choice.

One often forgone by Theo herself, though it was a different power she had to draw from. Such mundane nuances that had given way to passing decades. Rarely indulging in such pretenses or habits when she was alone.

"Just as does your return to this particular city." Her own tone cut back,  a pointed challenge over the dissatisfaction. No surprise that the other side was as aware of her role. Lacking surprise over it didn't mean it was satisfactory that they knew either. Tempers too easily flared with the idea of betrayal and the redemption of an archdemon. A shift towards dismissive, with an unheeded flick of the wrist as the tea was brought to her lips once more. "He's free to remain as wrapped up with him as a likes. An attractive face has yet to sway me on such a decision.

"Orders for us are so rarely obscure. The powers that be cannot let us run amok to the desire of our momentary whims."
From the tiniest don't rile the tensions to not level the city in a moment of rage. Orders that were still to be followed, no matter how those restrictive those orders could feel in the moment. When emotions were stirred and roused, highed and wilder in response. An anchor to rein impulses in against when they raged and demanded action over the endless posturing. When such a dark opinion was not being directed only at her.

The tea cup would stay where it was, held and resting in her lap.

The slant of her shoulders remained facing the demon who was so clearly comfortable in his own space. Perhaps easier as her intrusion would soon be gone.

"A single cup of tea." She confirmed. Clear orders that had been fulfilled for now. No sense lingering when Theo would have otherwise never stepped foot within the building. No use drawing it out. Only now would the cup be brought to her lips again, disregarding the heat of the drink in favour of leaving the cup drained. Slowly lowering it back to the table and settling for only a moment, "Unless you've some great desire for further posturing? You have indulged my intrusion." Even as her mind was largely out of this building, taking a moment to allow for an answer if Loki deigned to offer one and to recollect whether the chair at her desk was pushed in or not. Teleporting into the wrong spot would be an annoyance.
May 18 2018, 06:05 AM
archdemon
Hell
Loki

awards

The Gatekeeper
Eien
Loki would just hum to that.

Lips curling, there wasn’t much to retort back to her pointing out he was here-- he was back, and he had opened the gates to hell, a horrifying, grisly sight to anyone silly enough to wander there though Loki knew that those with dark accents to their soul wouldn’t see an entrance to a world of monsters; a curiosity for those peculiar, how and what an onlooker saw decided where they’d go once their life was over. It decided their potential many roads, some leading to heaven after all, some down uglier paths to a world of horror. Loki needn’t mention that. Just as how heavenly gates appeared to mortals was another telling sign of their future, bright and literally blinding to those who might not have that future, scary and hurting to those promised to travel below, warm, curious and comforting if they were sworn to heaven after all.

And he’d opened the one to the below, and hell had summoned all its Archdemons for the purpose just as all the Archangels had been there when the heaven’s dog tore into this reality to connect it with heaven. Theo would have been there, and Yuu, as well, the precious, damned once-Archdemon that mother had never loved as she loved him, Loki.

Loki knew that certainly.

He smiled at Theo, coldly--

“Well,” he said, carefully, his smile twitching, “perhaps that’s why we’re both so well-behaved right now.” A lilt in his tone there and Loki cocked his head, everything about this surreal interaction perfectly mundane~

He smiled larger, dismissive and cold. With a charming, boyish light in his features.

“One leashed dog to another, how does your collar feel?” he mused, and puckered his lips, too. Tutted, in a tone cloyingly worried---

“Perhaps a tad too tight around here.”

With a coquettish, affectionate tone he caressed the spot with his Adam’s apple on his throat, making a point out of swallowing around it like a sultry cease and desist to her very austere focus she’d been showing. She wouldn’t take the bait. She wouldn’t fluster, or find that a pretty face eventually helped breed a bit of lust in her stomach after all. Loki stretched his smile properly chilling-- and observed her, his hands empty, hers too and her departure so close to becoming true he could almost see how normal the seat would look sans her presence, clad in the stink of heaven.

He’d burn it.

His hands balled--

Posturing.

POSTURING.

With the back of his hand, Loki landed a hard, loud slap right across her face and barked--

“POSTURING. POSTURING.”

Every loose object in his home trembled. Loki’s eyes burned, alight with an angry, red shade.

“POSTURING,” he repeated, his voice booming, enraged and accented, “MY HOME, MY TIME, MY SPACE, MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE AGAIN AND YOU COME HERE YOU UNGRATEFUL FUCKING CUNT AND YOU SPIT INTO FACE--”

He had her by her clothes, his hand curled tight around her front, lifting her to his eye-level so he’d help her cheeky godless attitude she brandished around His Important Person--

So he’d stand her up where he could look at her instead of the calm, offensive posture she’d have assumed no doubt otherwise, of that HE WAS SURE--

“MY HOSPITALITY, MY TIME YOU WASTE OF FLESH. My anything is NOT second-grade just because I am a demon.”

He yanked her closer, nose to nose--

And growled, in a tone drawn out like torture--

"You should know above all that every demon begins as a person."

His lips twisted back, but for a moment, red-eyed and upset, he remained. He hypnotized her face like he'd remember her forever starting this point on. Like he wanted the details of her mug burned behind his retinas, worse than any personal demon. He'd make her his, already attached so deeply to the thought she and him might have been twins born together into this world, and separated early on but with a sprawling history worth of thousands to explain his new, and deep attachment to her person. Sudden, you'd call it, and yet as sudden as it was--

Considering who it was:

Perfectly in line with his person.

Loki smiled, once more.

He dropped her, all calm.

"Stop by for tea again," he lilted, cute and soft. He smiled, large. Everything had been rattling, bouncing on the spot like belly dancers drugged on a meth and cocaine bender--

All the objects stopped, however, and Loki just drew his hand to his face, tapping his fingers over his unscathed, smooth cheek as he blinked, perfectly innocent.

"I'll make it with ginger root and ginseng~"

His eyes flickered between the insane red, to the deceiving, sweet blue like a babe's.

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 9 2018, 11:09 PM
Archangel
Heaven
Demisexual
Single
Theo

awards

Preceptor
kenzie
They had all gathered as the gates opened, definitively connecting the realms before once again spreading out to wherever it was that they had been. Converging to attend the event, and yet even as they had all diverged it seemed power was still being drawn here.

Slowly gravitating back to these permanent portals.

Doors that would eventually lead each soul to the destination chosen by each action in a life, each moment that keep or darkened a soul until either had more of a hold. Pulling the soul to itself. Tucking it into the torment of hell or the comfort of heaven. Both demanding and vying for each soul, a push and pull between the two played out with free will and as much interference on either side that could be allowed without an all out war.

Made it no surprise when the city and the portals began attracting more and more power from either side.

Though there were unfortunately fewer archangels than archdemons. A sour thought, though one that was beyond her influence to correct. Whatever tenuous lack of outright violence held, their behaviour held in check.

Mostly.

Clear, direct orders did leave little to no room to take whatever liberties they might want with that lack of violence. Leaving them to discussions over tea and taking little more than a note of whatever boyish charm Loki still possessed. Would watch his display, both the coy and chilled. No more reaction than an upward arch of her brow, both knew it wouldn't tease out any substantial reaction. The words more evocative than the caress of his own throat, "Perhaps you're simply projecting. Wanting both of us to be disgruntled with the leash we're given."

Head turned from the slap, gaze cast to the side from the force of the slap as her cheek stung. Easy to see objects trembling.

"Your home. My orders. Our posturing." Bitten out harshly, each word spoken as if they were sharp enough to bleed the once mortal flesh between the two. "Or do you think to can claim otherwise?" She sneered, anger sparked hotter than her control could reign in immediately with the slap. Only fanned by the violent reaction to an insult that hadn't been given any breath. Wanted to snarl and lash out, to summon an all consuming blaze of fire. Anger stoked more with the reaction to an insult she hadn't uttered than the slap. A simple offer to ensure all that was to be said was heard, that whatever other bit of this charade of simple visit was made. Hadn't bothered with parting words that held any bite or vitriol. An offer of whatever last comment or displayed gesture of this dance that was always playing between heaven and hell.

Taken and mangled into whatever insult Loki heard.

Hand heated with holy fire wrapping around the wrist connected to where he'd grabbed a hold of her. Heavenly shine peaking from behind her usually pale eyes. "Mind your collar." Her voice may as well have been the very flames that sought to burn free of her hand. Almost begging to reach out and consume whatever she pointed them towards, to raze and scorch any bit of hellish taint they could find.

Perhaps she should spit in his face. Might have if doing so wouldn't have bent her pride into something softer than it was. "Are you so insecure that you've conjured an insult I never spoke? Or unable to control yourself and making some excuse for your anger? Out of control and constantly yanked back by that collar you're so aware of, why it's too tight for you."

The moment his grip loosened so did her own. Absolutely no desire to keep the contact between them, even as her hand dropped from his wrist it remained heated. Hot enough any moisture would be turned to steam in an instant. Holy fire held in control even as it wanted to burn and flicker, the heat of it opposing the cold glare behind her gaze. Still shining and every bit not mortal and other.

A scornful scoff, "Ginger sounds necessary after your delicacy; hopefully your appetite will not spoil as easily as ego." Words barely finished when Theo disappeared, uncaring for whatever else Loki might say or do. Had fulfilled her orders, and had already been ready to depart before their tempers had flared and clashed. Angry whims indulged. No thought to collars before pulling on them. No need to linger and offer any more opportunities for either to spark again. Materialized again, not within the hotel, not yet when her angry reappearance would unnecessarily unsettle the angels.

Infuriating archdemons.

Topic Options

Closed

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.