Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Closed

New Thread

Crawling In My Skin, Zander/@Sarah
Nov 18 2017, 10:43 PM
Snow Leopard
Dont you move, can you stay were you are just for now? I could be your perfect disaster, you could be my ever after.
Lucidum Coven - Cautela Pard
Homosexual
Paired with a marshmallow~
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
she ,her, thing | EST | 3/3/3 | Yukie#7980

Barking could be beard from the back yard. Nicolas smiled over his shoulder to see the husky wagging his tail vigorously. Barking behind the gate and whining as his owners were going on a trip. The house had finally settled in and the witches both believed they deserved a well time off away from everything. Gertrude had wobbled her way closer to Argos, lightly quacking curiously at the two men putting belongings into the back of the jeep. It would only be a few days. Just the two of them and the camping grounds. Putting the last of it in the trunk, Nic would reach up and pull down the door to lock it up.

A tall man would walk out of the door, holding a tiny kitten in hand with ears as big as tulips. The blonde grinned at their friend who agreed to watch their pets. Gus, would hold the kitten as she mewed and pawed trying to touch the other witches nose with curiosity. The mute grined reaching out to pet the feline, letting her play with his hand while the other would sign to his friend. “We really appreciate you watching the pets while we go on our trip. We’ve been planning it for a while. Now that the house is settled and everything seems to be smooth sailing it’s about a good time to take the trip.”

Gus would wave him off with a grin. “Nah, it’s not a big deal dude. Always a pleasure to help out, and I think it’ll do Mew good to be around some other animals. Get her social life in order right buddy?” The kitten would mew again, waving her tail dramatically rolling to her side as she snuggled unto the human’s palms. Nic would silently coo at the adorable kitten before he would be pulled to finish the last of the pack. Final goodbyes to the pets and bathroom breaks the two witches would fall back into the jeep.

Nicolas grinned getting into the drive side, pressing his GPS to make sure he had directions to the site. “No work, no headaches…no nothing.” The blonde would quickly lean over, kissing the ginger’s cheek He was aware he wasn’t the biggest on camping, or hiking. The sun practically burned him on contact. He had hopes that the cooler weather would be good and refreshing. There was no hesitation pulling out of the drive way. The excitement was implied as he was almost bouncing in his seats. “You’re going to love it! I swear! There’s a lake, some woods, a beautiful site, you’ll love it!’

here they gooo~

--------------------
user posted image
Nov 20 2017, 11:26 PM
Psych
My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world, and exiles me from it.
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
she/her/that bitch | PST | 3/3/3 | Sarahroo#5726
Camping wasn't really Alexander's forte-- correction, the outdoors as a whole wasn't really his forte. All the same, he'd agree to go on this little trip the moment he heard vacation. It was too bad that was only the fifth word into the ask and he'd not even heard where or how or why yet. There was nothing wrong with camping, he'd done it before, lived out of his car for a long time when he and Lidia had traveled across the country from their landing on the east coast. It'd been a long few years of comfortable living between then and now though. The weather was at least right for it, not the oppressive mid-summer heat and while it was still hot in the bay, it should boast a bit cooler inland.

In the end, Zander wouldn't argue, though he made sure to pack extra sunscreen and aloe lotion (just in case).

Helping pack the car he'd go over his mental checklist as Nic talked softly to Gus, Zander's attention on making sure they had everything to make the most comfortable experience of this trip as humanly possible. Another camping tub loaded and he'd pause to stand himself behind Nic, chin on his shoulder as he peered at the tiny kitten with the deathly sharp needle-like claws. She really did look like Gus, it was oddly adorable. They did often say people looked a bit like their pets, but in Zander's mind, Gus was taking that saying to a rather ridiculous level of comparison.

A warm smile offered to their house-sitter. "I gave you a key, right?" He was fairly sure he had, Nic would confirm it with a pat on his shoulder. Though his checklist, mental as it was, was fully checked off, Zander couldn't help but feel like he was forgetting at least ten things. "Eat whatever you want, we'll be back Sunday night. No need to stay all of Sunday, I'm sure they'll all live without someone around for a few hours," he was rambling, he could feel it and yet the words just plummeted from his mouth like water out an open faucet. A soft nudge from Nic and he'd snap a nod and wander back to get the final tubs and bags loaded.

"No wild romance novel reading parties, at least none that you can't clean up!"

His grin was amused as he climbed into the jeep. Going over his checklist one last time as he snapped his belt into place and nodded absently at Nic. Attention sliding back into place and he'd offer the other an apologetic smile as they headed down the street. "I'm sure I will," the soft bubble of his laugh would shimmer his sea-green eyes, the excitement pouring off Nic was almost palpable. "It'll be nice to get out of the city for a bit," after so much time it always began to feel like a rat race, something even more prominent for Zander as he struggled to touch as little as possible.

Even as spelled against rogue magic spasms as he was, day-to-day life was really no easier for a wild magic that refused to behave itself.

At least he thought as much of the city and its daily grind, though as they slid across the bridge into redwood territory he could already feel himself missing the amenities.

They'd be okay--

He would be.

"Have you ever been to this place?"

A question to distract himself as Nic drove and he watched the buildings fade into trees as tall as the eye could see.

--------------------
user posted image
Nov 30 2017, 04:55 PM
Snow Leopard
Dont you move, can you stay were you are just for now? I could be your perfect disaster, you could be my ever after.
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie

Perhaps the mute was being overly excited and didn’t think about the decision process. For ages he wanted to go camping but his job didn’t allow it and having a dog took time away. So the moment he had the chance to take days off just before holiday time, he’d grab the chance at arm’s length. He’d occasionally look over to the other witch, smiling as the sights of the city would soon pour behind them almost into nothing as they drove further away. Everything would be fine. They’d be in a reachable area for service, though the idea was to keep his phone off for the entire trip.

What was camping when you couldn’t get away from the world?

A hand reached over to grab the ginger’s. Nicolas smiled taking it and planting a soft kiss on the top of his hand before his thumb would stroke against it. “It’ll be nice, I promise!” His word was something he always kept, or at least he tried to. The last time he had been at this spot, was probably a few years ago. “I think this was the first place I was brought to when I was little. Dad liked to come here during the summer. The last time I was here, I think I was… twenty two?” Since the death of his parents, he’d gone to different areas to prevent bad memories from surfacing.

Now was the first time in years he’ll be back, he hoped it was as wonderful as he remembered. He wouldn’t force Zander to do anything he wasn’t comfortable with. Such as: hiking up a steep hill/mountain that may or may not reside in the camping grounds. Swimming, baking marshmallows and sleeping under the stars, it all brought back happy memories. Ones he wanted to make with Zander. His mind would fall into his thoughts, hand still holding onto the gingers, smiling at everything he could think of them to do once they were there.

He wouldn’t know where to start, but perhaps setting up the tent.

“Thanks for…rolling with this.” The blonde offered a soft smile, “I just couldn’t pass up the chance to go. I promise the next vacation we take you can pick wherever you want. Lodge somewhere up in the alps with hot chocolate and a nice book, or staying home. It can be anything!” it was only fair. Ever since the move, everything else seemed to finally settle. Work and life in general, of course his work still managed to be stressful at times when he took up on different projects he chose to do. No, right now he didn’t want to think about any of that.

“By the time we get there and set up everything it’ll still be light out. We can go take a dip in the lake and save the walking for tomorrow. I saw it’s supposed to be a clear night maybe even a full moon!” How was that not romantic?

--------------------
user posted image
Dec 4 2017, 06:22 AM
Psych
My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world, and exiles me from it.
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
Watching Nic as he practically bounced in his seat would settle Zand into the thought of this trip,not one he'd have chosen for himself if he were being honest but then the outdoors had never really been something he'd flocked to. He'd slept in his car for awhile but even then it'd been while traveling and he'd had Lidia with him, so he'd not been alone. With Nic now, he had little fear he'd lose his nerves. The weekend would be fine, and while the prospect of camping in and of itself wasn't one that enthused him outright, anything that made Nic happy he was sure to find some enjoyment in as well. He'd suck it up and try to enjoy himself. Who knew, perhaps by the end of things he'd have a new hobby to enjoy.

"Yeah?" He'd watch Nic as he drove, putting pieces together with a quaint frown. He knew how much this meant to him before now, but seeing as this was not only something he and his parents had done together but also someplace he and his parents had come together for years, put things into better perspective.

It humbled him

A quiet laugh would purse from his tongue, head shaking slightly as he sat back into his seat. "Of course, we'll enjoy it. Both of us, I'm sure of it." He might take a bit longer to settle into the thought, and the dirt and grime and-- he'd enjoy it. Alexander's smile was warm and persistent as Nic offered him silent choices for their next vacation. "Yeah? Hmm, I'll have to think of something really good then," there was a soft mischievous tint to his tone as he pondered over this. Maybe the moon?! Or something a bit more attainable, his hometown maybe. He did miss Wales dearly. While his grandfather was now long gone (and thankfully his grandmother too) their estate was still in the family's name. His cousin's, if he remembered correctly.

A low hum and Zand's fingers would squeeze around Nic's hand.

"I'm really looking forward to marshmallows, not gonna lie. Lidia and I used to cook them when we traveled,"

His mouth would hitch into a smile as they slid into the forest and away from coastline. The car shadowed in the wake of all the green giants they slid by and beneath. That they might be able to sit and roast mallows under a bright full moon smiled him a bit deeper. It was the little things-- even if hiking and sunburns loomed on the horizon.

Another hour and they found themselves along a highway riddled with forest service signs. The right name would pop up a few miles on, leading them down a heavily forested road before they were spit out into a campground. Stopping by the front structure Zand would hop out and grab all the paperwork before they were off to find their right number. Backed in and the journey would come to an end before the pair of witches piled out of the car.

The air was fresher than he remembered as it filled his lungs in a deep heave. The wooden picnic bench that sat in their site would find Zander first as he sat with the pen from the glove box and filled out papers with their information, before he sealed it all away into an envelope and stuck it on the dash to walk it back up front after they got settled. Rounding the rear of the jeep and his hands would settle on his narrow hips, sea green eyes watching Nic as the whole of their weekend sat carefully folded in the back of the vehicle.

"What's first?"

--------------------
user posted image
Dec 6 2017, 07:58 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
“And I swear I won’t make you hike… for nearly as long as.” the blonde flashed a teasing grin. Even if Zander wasn’t built for hiking, they could go up a tiny hill for a picnic. He had faith that the next vacation site would be carefully thought out. Night couldn’t come any sooner, cooking marshmallows with a campfire and lathering them in chocolate and crackers. He’d remember when he was little; his Dad would go all out and bring not just marshmallows but other treats to surround the camp fire. If there were others camping by with kids he would invite them for him to interact with other kids. It would have been nice with siblings, but his dad made it all the more special with just the three of them.

Trees would eventually surround them as they arrived to the camping grounds. A quick stop for paper work and then they were off to their area to set up camp. The moment he parked, Nic would take the chance to jump out of the car to inhale the outdoors. It felt the same. It made the blonde grinned ear to ear as he stretched his arms and legs from driving so long. What should they do first? Swim? Food?..sex …or perhaps setting up the tent would be the smart choice to begin their weekend getaway.

Nicolas opened up the back of the jeep, arms crossed over his chest. Zander would eventually join him after finishing the paper work and putting them away. He’d grinned pointing to the tent that was perfectly snug to one side in its bag. “I’m thinking Tent first and get everything inside settled. The cooler and other stuff can stay in the jeep while out bag of clothes can be in the tent. Then I’m thinking of gathering wood so that we can get that campfire prepared before it’s too dark.” Its easier to find wood when it wasn’t pitch black outside.

Tent pulled from the trunk, the two witched would begin to unpack all the poles and materials. Luckily Nicolas remembered how to build it. With the two of them, they would put the poles together before they slipped it between the fabrics to give it structure. There may have been a little slip from the ginger’s clumsiness, but it was all fixable and easy to comeback from. As the final pegs were hammed and stuffed into the ground Nic grinned pleased dusting his hands on his shorts. A small jog over to Zander he’s wrap his arms around his hips for a hug, kissing his chin as it was the closes he could reach currently.

“Hardest part done! I can gather up wood for the fire pit and you can start putting the stuff inside the tent? I imagine our bags one end and the mattress on the other. I’ll save you the splinter headache and gather the wood.” With another kiss the mute would jog off to begin gathering up the firewood they would need for the pit. It wouldn’t’ take long, but Nicolas took this time to enjoy the scenery as he picked up twigs and chunks of wood he’d find. Back and forth he’d come to put some in the pit and then some to the side for more use for their duration of the trip. At one point he’d stopping picking up wood and ran a bit on the path to catch the glimpse of the lake.

He couldn’t’ stop smiling, everything felt amazing and it looked so beautiful. Nicolas would force himself away to return to the camping site to check up on Zander and the tent interior. Ducking his head in for a peak, he smiled at what looked to be the completion. Of their little home get away. “I see everything was a success?” The blonde would make his way in and not hesitating as he flop his back against the traveling mattress that was browned up. He’d flash the ginger a grin “Didn’t get sunburned yet, have ya?”

--------------------
user posted image
Dec 12 2017, 05:42 PM
Psych
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
Erecting a tent was no small feat and in Zander's defence, there were a lot of poles. Luckily the thing went up without any major injuries, to tent or witches, though Zand was sure he'd wind up with a bruise or two from wayward flying poles. Even that taken into account and he had no real room to complain and so, trudging right along, helped to peg down the thing so it'd not mysteriously fly away in an updraft like a bird. He was sure he'd at least bruised his finger in the process, though one tent stake in and he'd allow Nic to hammer the other stakes into the ground, for his own safety. Standing, dusting off his hands and he'd smile softly at Nic, cheeks pinked and freckles none too shy, they'd gaze at the tent a moment, like it were some child, a labor of love that would house them. They'd literally built a house together and that thought, oddly, grinned the ginger as he shifted his attention back to Nic. A feathered kiss to the tip of his nose and a nod, Zand would release Nic into the wilds to gather up firewood--

He wasn't daft, he knew he'd have likely maimed himself something fierce if he'd been left to his own devices.. and to gather wood. One wrong log and a step too short and it'd be a right tumble into the pine needles. Thankfully Nic seemed well aware of Zand's affinity for bruises and so he'd work on moving things to the tent from the car.

The air matress was a feat in and of itself. It wouldn't have been had he dug through the camping tub that he'd perched himself on as she blew into the thing-- at least it wouldn't have if he'd done this all ten minutes earlier than he had. The air pump located and his day was suddenly five times easier. A triumphant grin on his face as he finished that, though he'd have to admit the bed looked a bit more like a raft than a bed. It wasn't, he'd check the tag several times, nervously. After that was finished he'd tidy up and place things where they should be, his need for order among the chaos showing through even in a tent.

He was already dreading the tracking of dirt into its interior, but he'd likely live through it--

Maybe.

Nic shuffled back and forth between woods and site and Zand would listen to him all the while ferreting things from jeep to tent until he was satisfied everything was in proper order. Standing there looking everything over, hands perched lightly upon his hips and the sudden appearance of Nic in his head would startle him like someone popping a balloon next to him. A hand clasped against his chest. The soft low chuckle was a nervous one as he muttered, "Christ," his grin was stretching as Nic entered and flopped down on the mattress. "I'll have you know, it takes a bit more than five minutes for me to pink over like a lobster." His tone was everything too serious, and he might have pulled off the moment had he not suddenly peeked over his shoulder to check and make sure he wasn't burnt.

Lightly, but that was nothing unusual.

He'd shrug his shirt around a bit as his arms crossed lightly over his chest. The soft twinkle in his sea-green eyes would cast them outside before they squinted. "You wanna go on a walk to the lake?" A glance back to Nic and his grin would stretch further, playful and boyish. "Ya know, as a warm up, so I don't die tomorrow," warmly, his chuckle would pull him from the tent to glance at the pile of wood and stretch out his back a bit. A tall tent, tall enough for Nic to stand in it, not so much for Alexander.

Something not quite tall enough for him?

The story of his life, really.

--------------------
user posted image
Jan 9 2018, 05:19 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
“..You wanna bet on that?” Nicolas gave a giant grin, teasing the redhead on his pale skin. Granted he wasn’t tan himself, but he didn’t burn that easily on contact with the sun. A day without sunscreen could make him pink sure, but the ginger would become a lobster before the end of the day. The mention of the lake would lift the blonde from the mattress but shuffle him over to the bags to grab something out first. With little looking, he was able to grab the bottle of sunscreen and jokingly waved it towards Zander. A grin would tease him before following him out to stand outside their tent.

“Last thing I think we want is the trip being ruined by a sunburn.” Knowing he wasn’t the most sensitive to sun, he’s offer to help lotion the ginger first. Even with his height he was able to reach fine on the back of his shoulders, neck and back. At some point after he believed to have covered the pale patches that would be showing on his company, it was his turn put it on. Nic would proceed to remove his tank top, because it was better to be safe than sorry. He would put lotion in his hand before giving it to Zander to cover his back.

A few minutes of protecting from the sun flew by and they would be both off to go towards the lake. Luckily for one of them, it wasn’t far at all. Due to the level ground the two would be able to travel side by side with one getting ahead with the amount of stamina and excitement. The mute would eventually lace his fingers along with the other witches as they walked down the path towards the lake. His smile was still as strong and as bright since the moment they left on the road. “It feel so strange being back. Everything looks the same almost.”

His body would lightly lean against Zander, trying not to shove him too much as his instincts wanted to run down the path until he couldn’t move. It felt peaceful to him. Once they’ve reached the lake, Nicolas would guide him closer to the edge of the shore so they could look out at how far it really reached. He pointed to something that almost looked like a speck from their distance. “There’s another little cabin up there. The guide of the park used to be up there to watch over things. I believe its run by their niece or something. When I asked what happened they didn’t’ give a straight answer.”

It was very possible the man could have passed away. He remembered he was rather old at the time when he saw him last. Nic didn’t want to pry into too much information, so he didn’t ask. A little squeeze would be sent from his hand to the other man’s, as he turned to look at him. ”I’m really happy you’re here and that we got to do this, it means a lot.” The blonde would lean up to press a kiss to the ginger’s lips, his height pushing with his toes so he could try to compete with the other’s long limbs.

“What do you feel like doing? We can swim, walk around, or just relax for the first night, I’m up for anything. I don’t want to control everything we do here.”

--------------------
user posted image
Jan 15 2018, 06:08 AM
Psych
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
Sunscreen on and the pair would wander down the trail towards the lake, thankfully it was everything easy and flat-- not that Zander had any issues with walking... not that he had much issues with walking. It was the day long walks he knew would kill him. A man born into the city and raised in the city and traveled between cities and even then, he slept in a car. The wilds of the country were nothing he knew well. It didn't much scare him, as he simply knew little about camping. And for a man who knew a lot about most things, knowing little was odd and a bit unnerving. Luckily he had Nicolas with him and where he failed in his expertise, Nic most certainly did not.

The path was easy going and flat was the point, and the one hurdle they and, a log, was small and nothing the witch couldn't tackle with a single step (success!). "Yeah? I suppose the wilderness doesn't really change much," it wasn't like the trees shifted, and the likelihood they changed a whole campground around wasn't anything Zander would consider a small job, nor something he'd ever heard anyone doing. Hand-in-hand and they wandered down the path towards the lake, a body of water that stretched out to meet them with such wide and very dark waters that Zander looked upon it with some minute trepidation.

Pools were one thing, water he couldn't see the bottom of however, a different story altogether.

The water lapped at the sandy shore they'd spill out onto, and Zander wold admit then, as he peered around at the tree-lined expanse, that ti was a beautiful place. Everything green and open and the air was fresh and the sky seemed bluer. Following Nic's finger he'd peer off into the distance, a hand cupped over his eyes to avoid the sun's brutality. a small square, nestled among the trees was caught, though it was a hard sell from here that it was anything but a square. "Huh," his voice was huffed as he thought about it a moment, his features frowning lightly as it dawned on him the man could have died... out there. Shoulders sagging a little and he'd glance at Nic, as if the blonde needed his apologetic worry over a man he didn't even know.

That wasn't Zander's fear at all.

If there were ghosts out here though, he'd be able to sense them if they got close enough--

A kiss shared and Zand moved to tuck a few stray strands of hair behind Nic's ear, combing them into place. "It really is beautiful out here. I'll admit it... the air does seem fresher," as if this was some big accomplishment he'd beam the other witch a smile. Eyes returning to the square off in the distance and Zand would tug Nic along and back to the trail.

"Actually... I wanna check out this cabin," he'd not stop,though slowed his feet a bit as they wandered down the trail that skirted the side of the lake, its incline was slight and the whole of it twisting and winding but flat. "You don't think they'll mind, do you?" Likely not. Not if it was part of the campground itself. As they wandered, their pace slow and easy, Zand would turn his attention to Nic, wondering about his time out here. "What did you and your family do when you were out here?" Such a foreign concept to him, he'd wonder if there was anything he was missing beyond the never having done it before part.

--------------------
user posted image
Jan 26 2018, 12:06 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
His face would lightly press against the gingers hand, grinning. The air did feel fresher out here and away from the city. He felt disappointed he hadn’t come out here even more. It was a long time coming. The blonde gave his company a little raised brow at suggesting seeing the cabin. “You sure you want to?” A muted chuck would make Nicolas grin inching closer to catch up to him. “It is a bit of an incline. You may need to take stops to catch your breath! You okay with that?” Nic would aim to wrap his arms around Zander playfully as he continued he little tug to lead them in the bath to the cabin.

The path would swerve and lead them surrounded by more trees before they had to go up. Nic held his hand, lightly swaying it as they walked. “We did a lot here. Swimming, hiking, fishing, boating, and bonfires it was everything. We’d bring up board games, and sometimes dad and I would hike SO far that mom has to almost call owner just to find an get us back.” A child like grin brightened his eyes. His body leaned against Zander’s every so often as he couldn’t control where his feet were taking him for whatever reason.

There were plenty of memories. Sometimes other kids were there and some brought skis to try on the water or even four wheels for the flatter areas further down. There were a plethora of things they could do, but more importantly, they always came to relax and get away from work.

Nicolas would lead them further along the path until they finally reached the incline that would have the cabin at the very top of it. Almost like a separate living area for whoever stayed in the cabin. Marybeth if he ever retired he could come here. Live a nice quiet life with a giant backyard to have. Maybe that was something for him in the future…. with a possible husband to boot?

The shorter of the two would walk in front, dramatically holding on to the other witch’s hand as if he needed to. “You’re doing great. Keep going! We’re almost to the top.” Nic teased with a grin until he returned to the Ginger’s side and walked with him rather than in front of him. Once they reached to the top the hill flatten out and they’d see the cabin with an obvious parking spot that was clearly vacant currently.

He’d tilt his head a little at the sight “huh, they must not be home right now. Defiantly looks like someone is still living here...OH the view of great the sunset is great up here!” Nicolas waved his partner over to around the house where an open lead was with a classic wood log fence. Everything could be seen up there. How deep the valleys go and how high everything scaled it was beautiful.

“Maybe we can…. come here more often for the summer? An annual trip here and another of your choosing? I have some time off coming up in the New Year, OH! We could do that Wales trip you wanted?” Perhaps it was jumping the gun on trips as it was expensive, but he couldn’t help but want to. Getting out of home felt great and knew he would feel recharged by the time they go back home.

--------------------
user posted image
Jan 28 2018, 11:40 PM
Psych
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
Scoffing softly the ginger would shoot Nic a wry, exasperated look before murmuring in a tone matching-- "I can walk," his eyes would peer at the other witch as they wandered, his expression that same subtle soft amusement. His laugh was soft as they continued, his confidence over an incline was something brimming. Zander was pretty sure he was capable of walking , at the very least, he did climb stairs daily and the dog walks had more than helped prepare him for this. He wasn't, in the end end, inept.

Mind over matter would see him persevere.

His mind for the moment was something that hinged itself on the tone of Nic's voice as he spoke of their time here when he was younger. His family long gone it was all he had left of them, and so Zander would listen intently and with every care to memorize the thoughts offered. Nic spoke little of his family, not in any great detail anyway, a fact that was understandable for the end of their story. Listening and walking, they'd skirt around the lake, its path winding through the trees for a bit before looping back to to brush along the lake's bank, offering little picture windows of the area as they went. The incline was subtle at first and nothing Zander even really noticed.

"Sounds like fun,"

He sounded sincere, even if it wasn't his idea of fun, the outdoors, it was something Nic seemed passionate about and so he would enthuse himself after it as well. Even if it meant he sat in a chair beside the lake and read a book while Nic went water skiing, it wasn't outside his wheel house anyway.

The incline would gradually build but even then it was nothing too bad, nothing his stair climbing hadn't prepared him for (thank God). They'd reach the top in no time and while he was winded, he'd made it without need for fuss, proud of himself he'd stand a moment and wander the area with his sea-green eyes. It seemed vacant, or at least not occupied at the moment though it was clear someone still lived here-- or maybe they rested it out? He wasn't sure but there was no one around was the point. His mind occupied wit the reading of the tether to the other side, he'd be tugged along easily, stumbling after the other witch to pour out into a little lawn area that overlooked... everything.

Eyes wide he'd scan the whole of the valley below them in a moment of wonder.

"Wow," it gusted from his lungs as a tickle shuddered up his spine like a cold finger.

Glancing over his shoulder he'd nod absently.

"Yeah, we should...," should what? Distracted a moment he'd snap back to the moment a few seconds later. "Did you know I have a house in Wales? It's ridiculous and huge, my grandfather left it to mother and I. I've not been since... I don't know, ten years or so? they were rich, everything's paid for out of his own account... I don't know what I'd ever do with it."

A quiet sigh and he'd shift to watch the sunset over the forest.

"Should sell it, I guess. Unless you fancy living in a villa and managing servants,"

His laugh was soft as arms encircled Nic's waist and he stood himself there watching the sunset, that same odd tickle pouring up his spine once more.

--------------------
user posted image
Mar 2 2018, 05:56 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
Nicolas quietly leaned against the ginger, arms wrapping back around his torso as they watched the sunset. The golden peaks of the hills, valleys and mountains were stunning. The lake practically glowed. He was silent for a moment, soaking in the air and general outdoors around them, it was completely peaceful. He didn’t have to worry about work or deadlines. It was just them, together. The mute would find his daze would break at the mention of the villa however. He would have remembered if Zander mentioned it.

“Really?” He thought curiously looking up with his chin resting on the man’s chest. “You never mentioned, no. But that’s actually pretty cool though. What did your grandfather do for a living?” It was either work or inheritance that got that kind of home. Nic also didn’t want to ruin a chance to actually see one. Perhaps not live in it but a visit would hurt and a bunch of pictures. His eyes would slowly close, leaning against his lover comfortably. A faint smile would rest, a hand idly tracing small shapes on the ginger’s back. At one point it was less about the view and more focused on his company.

“Selling it is up to you,” Nic’s eyes would slowly open again. “I’m sure the money could do some good for your shop. Auction some items out for something or maybe there’s a thing or two you could take with you?” His eyes would smile as the blue would almost sparkle to the night sky that was dearly approaching. “But… maybe before you do, we can go visit, just one time for old times’ sake. We can wait until next summer if you want. Take a nice trip out there and live the fancy life before you sell it off?” Perhaps by that time he might have his little side project accomplished.

The sun would eventually set, leaving nothing but a dark sky full of stars. They would head back down the hill to go back to camp hand in hand. Temperatures would begin to lower and lower as they trailed along, but they would aim to start a fire when they returned back to their tent. Tree roots and rocks were a thing they had to avoid going down the path, but they at least caught each other any time they almost tripped face down into the grind. The two would end up successful in returning to camp in one piece and no one losing a limb or scratch on their face. Fire wood, would soon be pile up in the pit and hoodies taken out to wear just in case. Nicolas would be the one to go to start up the fire with a few matches he’d pull out from their bag. As the flames started to build they’d pull out dinner and most importantly s’mores supplies.

Nicolas would soon sit himself beside Zander and rested his head on his shoulder. The flames would build and dance in his eyes as he felt the warm already touching his cheeks and nose. “Do you think you’ll be okay at night? It gets pretty cold and for a tall guy like you with lean physique, you might freeze.” He jested.

--------------------
user posted image
Mar 3 2018, 01:43 AM
Psych
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
"Accountant for a few big businesses, but the house was inherited from my mum's side," his arms would tighten around Nic as they watched the sun fall behind the mountains and cast the world in vivid colors for a few brief minutes. Chin perched atop the other witch's head and his gaze was far away, further than even the mountain range before them and its smattering of colors. It was years back in the past and surrounded by memories both good and bad. "It wasn't the best time of my life, but it wasn't terrible either. The taxes on that place though...," a low whistle would sound from his lips as he jested, a needed deflection from the thoughts of his terrible grandmother. "We'd have a good nest egg if I sold it before those drained the account that's paying for it," something that would see them comfortable--

He was well aware that the usage of we in this instance meant that the future was something deemed solid and decided to include them both.

It both terrified and comforted him at the same.

Pensive for a moment his mouth would draw into a smile, a soft nod given, one that bumped his chin lightly into the crown of Nic's head as he agreed to at least a visit before he did anything with it.

"He was a musician before that, taught me to play... I wonder how expensive it'd be to ship their piano," murmured softly against Nic's hair before they pulled apart and fit their hands together to stroll back to the camp site in the dark. Nic wanted a piano anyway and short of stealing his mum's from the symphony hall-- his grandfather's baby grand was a gorgeous piano, but it might eat all their funds to have it shipped over seas... well worth it he'd decide somewhere between half sliding down the steep incline and almost tripping over every root along the way.

He'd make it back whole, they both would, settling about the fire pit as Nic got it started.

It battled back the cold well as they dug into their dinner and slipped into hoodies before actually settling for a while with all the ingredients for s'mores scattered about them. He was sure they looked like gluttons. Zand also didn't much care, they were on vacation, a few... five pounds of s'mores packed on and it wouldn't be the end of the world.

A quiet laugh would purse from his throat as Nic teased him about his ability to keep warm. "I figure, if I eat enough s'mores tonight, I should gain like a good few pounds right? Insulation brought to you by sugar and more sugar. Pretty sure that's how it works," stated almost like he was reading it from a pamphlet in a doctor's office.

How to stay warm while camping 101.

His elbow would bump against Nic in a playful gesture as they sat there with marshmallows shoved on sticks and poised over the fire, chocolate and graham crackers at the ready--

"Besides, I've got you to keep me warm, right?"

It touched his cheeks with a soft red, luckily so did the heat of the fire so it wasn't as noticeable. Wouldn't have been anyway, had his ears not also gone all pink as well.

Thankfully it was also dark.

"So the better question is, can you keep warm while keeping me warm?"

Marshmallow pulled close, all toasted and golden brown and he'd sandwich it between his crackers and chocolate before pulling it from the stick held between his knees. It was about as gooey and delicious as he'd expected it to be, as it always was--granted his only experience with s'mores was over an open flamed oven, but it was similar enough to cast a smile across his face and a low hummed approval from his throat. "Should go camping more often if this is what camping consists of," muffled around his mouthful of s'mores with a low laugh.

--------------------
user posted image
Mar 11 2018, 08:46 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
Nicolas leaned against the ginger’s arm holding on the stick in his hand. “I dunno if you retain the weight if you work all that fat off.” He’d give a little jump with his knees, pecking a small kiss to man’s cheeks. The fire would burn and cook up the marshmallow, making them a nice golden crust while the insides stayed ooie gooie. The mute would gently blow on the sweet fluff before he tried to assemble the treat. “You should know by now I’m always warm. I can transfer plenty of heat to you.” The blonde gave a solid comp on his s’more, trying not to get the chocolate smothered over his face. If he could, he would him in delight as his body rest against Zander. They really needed to do this more often.

His mind would trail back to the villa, he always did wanted a piano in his home, but he would never comfortable taking his mother’s that was donate to the symphony hall. An arm would snake around Zander’s after his first s’more devoured, “you know…” his chin would rest on the witch’s shoulder. “It’ll be a fortune to ship that piano to the US, but it’ll be a fortune and a half to everything we could sell inside and the house itself.” His hand gently rubbed the man’s arm. “We could use that money to ship the piano overseas, and the rest could go to savings. I’m sure we could auction a lot of that stuff off. Even banks or some sort of office official could by that land.” There were endless possibilities. Still it wasn’t his place to do with as he pleased, it was Zanders. “Maybe we plan a trip in the summer? Before you decided anything and I’ll support whatever you want to do.” That seemed like a more ideal plan to run with.

Nicolas would aim now fora another marshmallow. As he grabbed the bag he heard a noise from behind them. His brow would furrow lightly as his head turned. It almost felt as if it was a snap? Maye it was nothing. Night time usually brought different sounds, it was probably nothing. Fluff stabbed onto the stick he’s let it hover over the fire. He’s quietly rest against the ginger, head to his shoulder, smiling as he let his mind run off, not picking anything in particular to focus on. The stick slowly turned to evenly cook the golden rim. “It’s been ages, it’s..i guess like falling in love for the first time. Knots in your stomach, jittery…but maybe I’m just always that way around you.” Nicolas pressed a kiss on the male’s shoulder before he found himself looking up in the sky.

It was clear as day. It was dark with starts spread across it and a giant full moon just above their heads. It was beautiful.

A sudden sound shifted from the wood and bushes of the forest that surrounded the perimeter, Nicolas felt his body jerk up as his stick fell off his hands, to the dirt destroying a perfectly good marshmallow. That didn’t feel right. This area hardly brought any wild life, bigger than a squirrel, or at least that’s what he remembered. “I never remember sounds like that…” His head turned to his company, brows turning lightly worried now as his hand reached to possibly grab the phone out of his pocket. “Perhaps calling the park guide might help…I have the number on..” he froze. Clear as day he saw something lurking and it was staring directly at him. The eyes glowed. His felt his body tense as he stood there with a burning fire burning half of his body. “Zander….don’t move.”

Immediately he felt his head running in circles of what to do. He couldn’t tell what it was, but he stalked them like prey.

--------------------
user posted image
Mar 12 2018, 03:16 AM
Psych
Lucidum Coven
Homosexual
Luv sick pup~
Zand/Zander

awards

gingersnap
Sarah
A low chuckle on his tongue and the sweet of s’mores in his mouth and Zander couldn’t recall being any happier, a white lie but in that moment everything felt like perfection. A perfect storm of warm and comfort and everything nice. A blanket wrapped around him that settled them there, warmer than the fire itself. His mind lapse back to Wales as he chewed over his s’more, chin bobbing on occasion to signify he was listening and taking the thoughts into consideration. He might not have even thought about the piano had it not been for Nic, something big and bulky,though beautiful. But he’d never have bought such a thing for himself, let alone move it across seas for just him. Knowing that Nic would benefit and love it as well was something that would see his hand and inheritance to have it moved.

His smile was soft when Nic finished, nodding his head in a gentle wibbly wobbly motion before he swallowed his mouthful of sweets. ”Summer sounds good, Wales is beautiful than… from what I remember of it. Honestly, there’s so much packed into that house, it’d be more than enough money to fund us for years… if not, ever,” so it begged the question why he’d not done anything with it. A question as silent as Nic, that saw his shoulders bobbed in soft answer. ”I should have dealt with it years ago, but I just… never wanted to go alone. Wasn’t the best of times for me, and Lidia is… not helpful when it comes to that sort of stuff,” she’d have mucked about and it’d have taken twice as long. It was sure to be a right disaster and a half. Not to mention the plague of memories-- was best to just put it off for future Alexander to contend with.

The soft noise from behind was nothing Zander would think anything about, a snapping branch, but they were in the midst of a campground so nothing was lurking, surely. It might have been a fairly deserted campground but it had to be safe or it'd been closed, right?

Right.

An arm wrapped around Nic as he moved to toast his second marshmallow, his own sea green eyes flickering up to the sky in a wide ponder over the sheer size of the cosmos. He wasn't sure then, if he'd ever felt so small or insignificant as he did on that moment. The wide stretch of stars between the trees as the chill of the night settled in and snuggled the pair closer together. His chuckle was low and soft, a mirthful cheery noise that lapsed from his throat as he watched the marshmallow next. Cheeks as ginger as his hair as they gathered together in little bunches. "Charmer~" It cooed from his throat as his gaze flicked to Nic, his eyes cast towards the heavens and Zander simply stared, his smile warming and gentling into something content and happy.

The next noise that came jumped them both softly, marshmallow down and that sticky feeling of all the hair on the back of your neck standing up straight. "Don't think that was a chipmunk," murmured lowly, as they glanced around. Zander was still half convinced that everything was fine, no matter the size of the sound, this place had caretakers and rangers. Surely there was nothing--

Don't move.

Eye's following Nic's and they both peered at the glowing point in the brush. His own stomach doing somersaults as it plummeted into the depths of him. Mind reeling he spit out the first that came to mind-- "Don't you have to make yourself big and loud to scare off bears? Or do you curl into a ball?" Fretting out loud was nothing helpful as he wished then and there, he'd been given something a little more helpful than his two magic abilities, or at least had have had the foresight to--

"I have warded bracelets! I made them the other night, to keep us safe...," it seemed silly at the time, now though, not so much. However... "Annnnd, they're in the glove box of the car," which wasn't helpful at all. The frown on his face said as much. It wasn't too far away, his gaze never lapsing from the eyes in the bushes and his hissed whisper would continue.

"Think we can make it?"

Really, they just needed to get into the car, period.

--------------------
user posted image
Mar 17 2018, 04:58 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
Think we can make it?

His first thought was no. The car wasn’t even that far but known how clumsy the ginger could be, he still worried he would get caught. The mute looked around carefully, staying as still as he could to not alarm the creature, whatever it was. Far as they knew, there was only one. He hoped it was one, and only one. His heart started to race in his chest, looking for an idea. They needed one idea but every time he thought of something, the mute only saw one of them getting free. The blonde felt his body flinch, a low growl would rumble the bushes, feeling their new guest inching forward.

“Zander, I have a plan,” It’ll be fine. He could take the short cut to lose it once he hit the lake. This could work. “There’s only one right?” Right?? “I….I know the grounds of this area like the back of my hand. I can lead it away while you run to the car and grab the wards. I can run, you know I can,” it was all he wanted to do when he was young. His hands would ball into fist, carefully reaching into his back pocket for his phone. He had numbers for the guide, and Emergency sources of course. His parents always reminded him to keep them on hand.

The ground wouldn’t break the phone, he could drop it. Before the ginger could argue, he’d slightly turn his head, but his eyes kept forward. “I need you to trust me. I can lead it out and make a short cut to get back here to take the ward before it comes back. It’ll give you time to call out for help. We both know that’s the only option we have right now. I need you to stay here and I’ll make my way back. Once I’m far enough you can get to the car. Please, you have to trust me.”

It had to work. He couldn’t forgive himself if he let Zander get hurt.

Here of all places, a place he begged him to come to.

Nicolas, now felt his heart beat in his ear drums. There would be a count down. A small step to the side, he saw the animal’s eyes shift with him. Good, that was a start. Steps would slowly take to the side, testing to be sure the animal ignored his other half. “Three….” he’s drop his phone behind his back, glowing pair of death beams still glued to the mute’s body. “Two.” No sudden movements. He had the path aimed in his peripherals, his feet shifted, ready to push his body for the sudden sprint he was about to intake. The mute quietly hoped…prayed that this would work.

“One.”

He ran.

Immediately he heard the noises that followed, pulling away further and further form the other witch that gave him time to run to the car. Nicolas felt no thoughts come to mind, he just ran. As fast and as furious as he could, remembering every root and log so he could remember to jump over to avoid tripping. The sounds of a growl and roar rushed behind him. Throbbing hitting harder and louder against his ears and head, he felt scared. Even so, he could feel grateful one of them would be fine.

As he approached the lake, he saw only one second of opportunity to turn, with the beast closing in, he thought on his toes to think of a spell. Something, anything that could slow the thing down! His hands balled up into fist as he suddenly realized he has to stop and focus, but there was only one shot. Every so often his head would turn, trying to get himself far enough to turn and cast anything. He couldn’t get far enough. His energy was suddenly slowing from the amount of marshmallow and chocolate squishing around in his stomach.

They picked a bad time to have sweet.

Not even thinking the mute darted off the path and into the woods. His feet kicking and making noise that was unavoidable. He could remember where he went. He could find his way back. What he didn’t account for was his footing. Off guard, the mute would trip. Nic stumbled trying to catch himself but fell towards the ground and skid to the grass and dirt. His body scurried to sit up, seeing only shadows of what was prowling closer and closer. His hands made a gesture, a chant mouth with his lips and orbs of light would flow around the both of them.

The creature stopped.

The witch’s heart could rip out of his chest as he saw the mane and eyes of a lioness growling, her footing very slow, as she eyed her next meal that was helplessly in front of her. The panting in his lungs felt inflamed, as he kept pushing with his feet and hands until his back hit against a giant tree trunk that cornered him now. Mind blank, the bright blue eyes would glow with the orbs of light before they would slowly die and he felt the sting of pain into his shoulder. Her teeth sunken in, but only briefly as the witch had to think fast; still, it would be enough to dig into his flesh through his hoodie. He wanted to scream. Nic’s throat rattled, trying to call out for help. His hands thought quickly and would cast another ward he worded with his mouth. The lioness froze. His breath feeling so thin, he pushed and shoved the animal’s body to escape underneath her deathly bite. The ward bought him time.

Unfortunately, his hoodie left behind as Nicolas had to find a way to crawl out of it to be free. His shoulder, he held onto his bloody part making his way back to camp as fast as he could manage. The wound wouldn’t kill him, but Nic felt his lungs closing in, he knew he needed his inhaler soon. Fuck. Legs were now going tired, he couldn’t run, but managed to muster a small fast walk. Bushes were pushes, his bare arms were scratched and clothing caught against the wood and needles of the forest. He was close. He just needed to get a little closer.

Eventually he saw the light of the fire, Nicolas’s smile now hopefully as he rushed faster and faster to get to the edge. With only a bush separating him from the open area, the mute would stop, his undamaged arms lean against the tree. He was safe. They were safe, they would be fine.

They would be…fine.

“Zander..?...Zander?” if he could make noise it would be the faintest call. He felt so drained now. Where was Zander? Was he okay?

--------------------
user posted image

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 

Closed

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.