Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Closed

New Thread

Let's Live For Today, @Yukie // Nicolas
Apr 12 2018, 12:59 AM
Amur Leopard
Come closer now and step right into the wide mouth; the sharp teeth of the one you love.
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
she/her/that bitch | PST | 3/3/3 | Sarahroo#5726
It was never easy, and while the weeks had likely flown by for Nicolas, flown by in various states of pain and struggle, they'd taken their sweet time to pass by Talia. The struggle went beyond just a new cat and dipped into the realm of communication. While she could hear Nic just fine, and talk to him just as well, her ability wasn't something that was simply on at all times. It'd taken them a few days to get it down to a science without Nic needing to wave his arms about like he were in school trying to get the teacher's attention. He also seemed a young man much better adapted to the realm of books and pages and while he had a good head on his shoulders for the world of physical, his first inclination had been to study.

Shifters weren't witches, though Talia would let him read to his heart's content anyway, she knew this leap better than she assumed he realized of her. A witch once herself and she knew the struggle waking up without your powers or the soft exhilarating surge of magic beneath your skin. It was terrifying and she'd take it slow with him, though no slower than she would anyone else. He wasn't a man who needed to be babied, capable and strong willed, his head was on straight and his intent was certainly on the need to get himself home and this whole thing mastered as quickly as possible.

It was commendable.

The morning of the full moon and Talia would tuck the new shifter to her hip and ferry him along to work with her, the less scandalous of the two works she preformed, to be exact. Their skin itchy and while he knew what his cat felt like now, it wasn't a day to leave him on his own. The need to pace was something she could control, but Nicolas?

Was best to tag him along with her.

Richard had offered but he was a man, no less patient, but lacking int he skills to communicate with anything that likely wouldn't have frustrated them both by the end of the day. The feel of the moon beneath her skin and her nerves were always shot, always itched to run and be with her own, with the chilly forest ground beneath her paws and her cats swarming and rushing about.

Padding into her office and she'd toss Nicolas a smile, warm but always seemingly timid and faint across her face.

Lopsided as well.

"Ready?"

Her mind reached out in a manner that opened it to his speech as she gathered her things, tossing ballet shoes in her bag and slinging it over a shoulder once her hoodie had been zipped and the sleeves shoved up to her elbows. Still clad in leggings and a sports bra, she was nothing it not careless about the possibility of a lacking modesty, she'd lost most of that decades ago. We're going north tonight, I convinced Richard into agreeing. Not that that was hard when it came to Talia but it wasn't unimpressive either.

We're going to the redwoods.

Her smile was warmer still as she fished keys from her bag and headed them out towards the front, her mind still talking, though even through this she was soft spoken, firm but with a very reserved quality about her speech. She wasn't even a talker when she wasn't talking. We've got some time, we should eat now, before the nerves get too bad. What are you in the mood for?

--------------------
user posted image
May 3 2018, 07:35 AM
Snow Leopard
Dont you move, can you stay were you are just for now? I could be your perfect disaster, you could be my ever after.
Lucidum Coven - Cautela Pard
Homosexual
Paired with a marshmallow~
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
she ,her, thing | EST | 3/3/3 | Yukie#7980

Are you ready for tonight?

The blonde tiredly looked at his phone with a faint smile as he typed. Not sure. I’m not afraid of the pain I just...don’t know what to expect. Can you come by sometime tomorrow?

I should be able to yeah. I’ll keep you updated when. Good luck tonight!

Nicolas gently put his phone down on the desk, rubbing his hands into his eyes and back into his short hair. It hasn’t been the easiest since he’d met up with Talia roughly two weeks ago. He didn’t want to hold back into learning so out of habit he collected books on feline animals to have in his down time. The first week only began with small things, shifting nails and teeth. Irritation came with it, but it wasn’t anything too severe that he couldn’t handle.

He kept little tabs with Zander. Giving him details of what he was doing and how his body tried to adjust. The worst of it all was the hearing that had yet to fully develop until the full moon. Nights were hard to sleep through, so he’d constantly study or even go on night runs to wear himself out. He wouldn’t be surprised if Talia knew, he didn’t hide it with the fact he woke up dirty and sweaty from nights before. Curiosity was something he had and the mystery that he didn’t know what he would be. They only had their first try of fulling shifting a few days prior. So to say he felt like ‘snow leopard’ wouldn’t really be true yet. He couldn’t describe the pain in one word of what he felt when it happened, but it was a bit rough. Regardless of how it went, he didn’t feel discourage or afraid of the first full moon.

Nicolas would find himself with Talia at work, forced to be in the office while she was away. He felt the itch that she talked about. His foot twitched and bounced and however tired he was, his body was not letting him rest. Still, he wouldn’t’ complain. He kept his thoughts and focus busy with a book, or doing other research. That didn’t’ stop his body finding urges to try and stand but he’d keep seated at least until Talia was finished. He was caught rubbing his face into his hands as the woman would walk in from finishing up.

He’d nod and stand up to grab his thing and throw his backpack over his shoulder.

“Is there a problem going north?” Nicolas would furrow his brow curiously at the statement. Did the redwoods offer something different, or was the other man a creature of habit? He’s follow along mostly quiet as his senses would embraced the heightened sound and smell that that now surrounded him when he walked outside. Hands tucked themselves into his pockets of his jacket, until they reached the woman’s car and made himself in. He wasn’t sure how hungry he was, but if it’ll help, then maybe he should. “I’m up for anything really. I think I just need something in my stomach regardless of what it is. We could pick whatever’d closest?” Nic would make his way into the car, shutting the door and putting his bag by his feet with a quick yawn but attempted to shake it off before Talia could see.

Probably couldn’t hide it, but it wasn’t horrible to try.

“Are there certain areas that are better for shifting during the full moon or is it all general the same?” he’d asked as he pulled the seatbelt over his body.

he's tiiired

--------------------
user posted image
May 4 2018, 01:38 AM
Amur Leopard
Come closer now and step right into the wide mouth; the sharp teeth of the one you love.
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
No, we just usually go south. The redwoods are typically held for special occasion, they were also not protected lands for the shifters, nor was it illegal, but there was little threat that would see them in any danger as a pard. If they were rogue or running alone among the ancient, giant trees of the redwood forest there might be some modicum of danger, but as it stood now, there was little to nothing to worry about. It was a magical place, full of towering skyscraper trees and lush, broad, open underbrush. It was everything that tickled her with excitement that she knew wasn’t so much shared by her beta. He’d get over it, the man with too much taunt in his frame as it was and the added stress (however small) of needing to be extra vigilant and Richard apparently assumed it needed to start days ago.

Wandering to her car and the jiggle of keys was produced from her pocket as before the doors unlocked with a faint beep before they both slid into its bucket seats. Their things shoved into the back seat and Talia would inquire about food, the shift was still a safe distance from now, safe enough that he’d not get sick from the food. Well and digested and he’d need the added strength for the shift itself.

A faint nod is offered as she turned the key in the ignition and saw the car to life in a dull rumbled purr.

Cliche, but how do you feel about fish?

The pair of cats out for a early inner date eating fish and it was nothing that didn’t quirk her lips to one side in a faint smirk before she saw them out of the parking lot and towards the street. It’d be better than the fast food that dotted the streets as she drove, he quaint little fish and chips place by the pier was largely overlooked for the one on the pier, though she found this one to be much better. Fingers drumming against the steering wheel and her shoulders would shrug, her tongue shifting as she spoke instead of unnecessarily expelling energy to send him secret missives.

”It’s all the same. Obviously wooded areas, don’t shift in the city unless you can prove it was self defense, they’ll see you behind bars for it and Richard will be none too happy to bail you out,” a soft snort as she slid them around a corner and headed for the little restaurant in her head. ”We have sanctioned lands to the south, the park just south of the city is divided between pack and pard, but the redwoods… there’s something magical about it. I try to drag all the new cats out there for their first shift, it’s just… impactful and beautiful,”

Her smile was soft as she drove, leaning back into her seat a bit as she studied Nic across the bond. When she opened her mouth again it was in concern, though her voice was soft and slightly distracted as she drove, it was also honest and firm in its seeking for answers.

”You seem tired, have you not been sleeping well? Is it the house, or…?”

It was understandable if it was, being plucked from everything you knew and dropped into the middle of a group of strangers you could faintly feel after the first week, only for that to grow stronger until it solidified when your paws hit the ground and the moon bound you all together with the soft singing sensation in your veins—

It was nothing easy, however beautiful it actually was.

--------------------
user posted image
May 11 2018, 03:58 PM
Snow Leopard
Dont you move, can you stay were you are just for now? I could be your perfect disaster, you could be my ever after.
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
At the mention of food, Nicolas would nod his head. Fish was fine, he wasn’t the pickiest of eaters. Maybe a gallon of coffee could deal him in until morning. As Talia drove, he found his body slum towards the door, begging to sleep but the rest of him wouldn’t dare to even try. Was it always like this with new shifters? Lack of sleep wasn’t very common to the mute in the past, at least not since his lungs were better than his younger years. Typically if there was a project he worked on for weeks on end he may go into over drive, but this was on a whole new level of lack of sleep. If he’d had to count the hours and sleeping patterns, it would be worryingly low.

Maybe it was a good thing Zander wasn’t with him at this time. He had hopes that once the full moon hit and he finally cemented everything it would be easier.

A faint smile would rest as Talia talk about the redwoods. Nicolas was a sucker for beautiful scenery and the outdoors were something he still couldn’t shake off. Even if he was mauled, the thought of the camping grounds were bitter sweet but…he still wanted to go back. The fresh air, the grass and woodland scent, it felt like home and memories. It reminded him of the good family he had…and the love ones he shared it with. Practically being torn to bits and almost dying in front of Zander still would faze him…but he wouldn’t beg the ginger to go out on a camping trip for a while.

Talia would break his silence; his body flinched at the question of how he was. The mute would frown, not enjoying how he felt but didn’t want her to be worried over what he was going through. “It’s not the house, you’ve been great, all of you have..” Palms rubbing into his eyes and the rest of his face as if to use it to stay awake, “It’s mainly the hearing.” His body shifted in his seat, head pressing back into the headrest to turn at the alpha beside him. “I feel as though my hearing skyrocketed more than I expected. I don’t think my muteness would have anything to do with that. I try to sleep, but it’s so sensitive to the point where I can’t. I stay up studying to force myself to get tired or go out to run just to use all my energy so I pass out.”

He wasn’t sure if Talia had noticed that he left in the middle of the night. He wouldn’t run far, but mainly in a general area where he’d run in circles upon circles just to tired his body. Some nights it was the only thing that worked. “I’m used to adjusting, I don’t have any issues with the home or the Pard, I just can’t get over the hearing as of right now. I miss Zander but it’s not as if he’s completely out of my life. I’m wondering if it’s this sensitive now…would it get worse once I shift with the moon.” He had plenty of questions that could go on for days, but he didn’t want to worry his alpha or bombard her with more theories and research topics that he so happened to take upon himself to look into.

He’s glanced out the window for a bit not thinking of anything particular. “I’m sure a gallon of coffee in me an hold me over till the full moon…and then I can pass out right after, right?” The blonde tried to joke with small smile, not wanting to worry about how he was adjusting to his senses.

--------------------
user posted image
May 13 2018, 11:09 PM
Amur Leopard
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
Talia’s frown was soft, a spreading, worrying thing as she drove. When the moment allowed it her eyes would travel to scan the man in her passenger seat, he looked as tired as he felt and while she’d noted it earlier she’d also noted his edginess. The jumpy need to move that accompanied her as well. Itchy with the restlessness to run, to bury claws in the earth and just run. It was an easier thing for Talia to mitigate as it was an old and tired tune in her head, one she enjoyed still, but one she’d heard so many times it was nothing she couldn’t easily tune out most of the time.

His hearing was sensitive though and it was keeping him up at night.

”I noticed that you were restless, but the others all… myself included, keep weird enough schedules I thought nothing of it,”

A woman that stripped until two in the morning and she had no business deciding what was strange and what wasn’t when it came to sleeping. Richard had weird hours as well, though his were quite a bit steadier than her own were. Silence would follow before her tongue shifted again a block up, thoughtful and quiet as she slid them to a stop at a red light. ”If you need, you’re more than welcome to stay with me until you adjust or are ready to go home. My place is quieter and I’ve got a spare room. I do have birds but they keep better hours than I do,” a soft half-smile and her attention would shift back to the road, fingers drumming against the steering wheel lightly.

”Likely,”

It fell from her tongue like something of an apology as they continued the drive towards the little diner. It was nothing she could control, neither was the fact that his hearing was already amplified so much. All the same, she was sorry. Not for this moment or the ones that came, but that it had happened at all. ”You might get headaches for a while, if you need something for it I have a contact at the hospital that can help… though I suppose Vincent might be able as well,” a soft shrug. She knew ferreting out pill prescriptions for his own people would look bad on his record if they ever found out, luckily the wolf she knew could run them through his other job. Richard was also a good option.

”It should settle fairly quickly though, so it’ll really be determined by your own threshold,”

A few blocks away and her gaze would flick to the side in a brief peer, one that came with a subtle smirk. ”You won’t need the coffee. Your adrenaline will kick in in a few hours and you’ll not even remember you were tired,” in a bit of offered comfort Talia’s voice would dip and warm itself as she pulled her car into the little parking lot outside the almost deserted fish and chips place. ”You’ll probably crash super hard after though, so there is that,”

Pushing her door open and tossing keys into the bag at her hip as she wandered them towards the restaurant. A quick text was shot to Richard before she tugged open the door for Nic and then followed him inside.

The smell of fish and beer batter was everything overwhelming and warm as it slapped them in the face. It smiled her faintly as she wandered them to a booth in the back of the little diner and sat them against the windows. Plastic covered menus were set before them along with water, but Talia’s gaze was on Nic as she settled into the padded seat with a soft bit of thanks on her tongue for the waitress.

”You have questions,”

Her tone was almost amused as it licked from her tongue.

Of course he did.

”I can answer what I can, now. No need to walk into this anymore nervous,”

--------------------
user posted image
May 20 2018, 09:00 AM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
Nic rubbed the back of his neck, thinking quietly on the options. He wouldn’t mind going somewhere quitter, it would help. Perhaps he would think about it after tonight. There was a smile that managed to sneak to his lips, he appreciated the offer. The mute had options of how to deal with things, so he would have to keep an opened mind for it all. As they finally came to a stop, he'd felt a small twitch as he heard the sounds of random strangers talking in the distance as the door opened. Something about the deli?

Now he understood how Zander felt.

Sleep, it sounded like a dream at this point. Fighting the urge to give another nod, he'd just nod getting out of the car. He'd assume he'd get that adrenaline, but Nic would have really liked it right about now to actually stay up. "I'm hoping I do. I need to sleep for three days at this point. If I don’t manage to wake up, just tell Zander I'm alive." A chuckle would quietly muster as he'd follow suit of the alpha towards the small fish n' chips place. He wasn't always the biggest fish fan, but he couldn’t' say no to a good warm meal right about now.

The mute would slip himself inside his side of the booth, the menu under his fingers as he picked it up to take a look. They had other options, but it would make sense to get fish n' chips...at a fish n' chips place. HIs hand would rub his nose slightly, trying to adjust to the rich smell that pushed against his nostrils. It was no mystery that Talia knew he had questions. Nic felt his brows furrow slightly at the obvious though. The bond wasn't something he was gradually used to. Multiple people understanding what he felt.

It was nice, however he'd be lying if he said he somewhat wished it wasn't all the time.

"I'm not sure where to really start." The mute would shrug at the thought. "I guess It begins with how I managed to get mauled. I read somewhat that being in a pack sort of solidifies a type of sanity? Was that lion that bit me, were they a rogue one? Or do shifters usually loose sense of self when it is the full moon?" That was a good question to start on. His hand would reach for a small paid of paper and a pen as he noticed the waitress coming over. Nicolas would quickly write out his drink order and his meal just to get a head start to be easier.

His hands in his lap then, twiddling his thumbs as a means to try and control his itch without his foot tapping too loudly. Can you also tell me more about the Familiar? I know witches and shifters do it, I'd like to know more about what it serves as to a means for the bond."'

--------------------
user posted image
May 21 2018, 11:29 PM
Amur Leopard
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
”I already spoke to him this morning, he’ll be by tomorrow afternoon.” Perhaps beyond her right, but the man had been as nervous a mess as Nic had been. His call that morning to check on things had been both sweet and prompting. ”Not until three, so that’ll give you plenty of time to sleep the night off, and then you can tell him yourself,” Talia’s smile was subtle and quickly waning as she opened the door and they filed into the diner. Its smell everything wafting and a bit overwhelming. The latter, and coupled with the heightened senses, more Nic’s than her own, would shift to push the window beside their booth up and open. The fresh air filtering in through the screen helping to dilute the riot of fish and beer batter.

Settling in and Talia’s elbow would prop against the table before her cheek found the pillowy surface of her palm. The floor was turned over to Nic in an offering to answer his questions as she flipped idly through the menu in a halfhearted and casual perusal of everything they offered though she already knew what she wanted.

”Mm,” agreement, it hummed from her throat as green eyes shifted up to peer at Nic from across the table. ”We’re pack oriented, without that the mental faculties of any shifter will begin to deteriorate. The woman that attacked you was rogue, and by the looks of it, had been for a long while,” her frown was soft, as was her voice, the sound of it nothing that would arouse suspicion that she was having a one-sided conversation. It wasn’t anything that bothered, or would have, but it also allowed her the avoidance of people staring. ”You will a bit, but it won’t be anything like she was. It won’t be violent.”

Assured him as the waiter stopped by and their orders, before he gathered their menus and slipped himself off.

Talia’s attention returned to Nic then as she scanned his face as his next question came. A soft thing that twitched her mouth softly to one side.

”The familiar bond sits alongside the pack bond. It allows your witch, Zander, to draw extra power from you as you become, essentially, his conduit. Shifters have the same basic ability to hold magic as a witch does, however we don’t really use it. As a familiar all that raw, unused power can be used by the witch instead.”

She knew this wasn’t what he’d asked about as her cheek left her palm and she leaned back against the padded bench seat she adorned. He was interested, she’d assume, in the manner in which it would bind him and his witch together. A normal need to know, and while she’d not lie and say it’d hold no benefit for the pard, its greatest benefit was to the witch.

”It will bond you two, you’ll be able to feel him, and he you, in a similar fashion as you do the pard. He'll also be capable of feeling your needs and wants,” watching Nic, she wondered what his interest in it truly was. ”The greatest benefit for it, is to the witch. You can also push power into them if they’re incapable of drawing it, but it does very little for you overall, beyond… of course, binding you to your witch,” a romantic idea though the aspect of mating was a far stronger and deeper made bond, there was still nothing frivolous about the familiar bond.

Their drinks were dropped off then, her lemonade set before her and she’d study it for a moment.

”Is it something you’re interested in doing? It will require you to study and train for it, the push and pull of magic isn't natural for us, so you'll need to learn how to control it. Just like you did as a witch,”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 1 2018, 05:56 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
“Hm, well at least that’s good to know.” felt a part of relief over his worries. He wouldn’t have been very happy if he couldn’t remember his experience: the act during the full moon and all its potential glory that he heard so much about. He would have to remember so he could tell the ginger in the morning. He had high hopes of sleeping relatively long without disturbance. His body would begin to lean in his seat, resting towards the window side as the fresh air would give an odd sense of cooling in his lungs. Although the sound never stopped, the spot they sat did help the headache of how sensitive it was.

There was nothing more Nicolas was generally afraid of. Even if he was shoved into a different life overnight, the worries would always stand but the act of work wasn’t something he ever became scared of. As the alpha began to talk about the bond, the mute would listen very carefully. Like any data nerd, he had his notepad and would keep a few different notes. Phrases, definitions and explanation of what the ‘familiar bond’ was. It almost sounded similar to what Zander could do as he heard his thoughts so they communicated.

The pen between in fingers would slightly slip at the thought of the ginger feeling everything. The tint of pink on the apples of his cheeks would have been easily hid by his hand as he rubbed his face from being tired, but he only assumed the woman in front of him could immediately tell without looking. Nicolas would stop his writing, grabbing his glass of water. His back would rest against the booth, just thinking it over. Repeating the words over in his head, taking consideration of what it all meant for him and Zander.

“Training is something I’m used to,” He’s give the woman a small smile. “I’ve always had to do things differently when i was a witch because I was mute. Silent Casting was an ability I had and it may have helped but there was more work to put into any spell to make it work. That’s not what I’m worried over.” Nicolas paused briefly, his brows slightly furrowing “To be honest…both Zander and I have odd disabilities. Mine was being mute but his has been his magic.” The blonde would start to sign a little as he felt wandering eyes looking around.

“At times his telepathy isn’t stable and can have a bit of an attack of thoughts coming in his head. If I could train myself to pull it away when I needed to when that had happened he wouldn’t’ have to suffer as much. Or, so I was hoping it could help.” There was always a way of generally turning the ginger, but that would damper their communication indefinitely. He’d also didn’t like the idea of putting Zander through a mauling like he did at the camp site. Maybe he shouldn’t take him camping anymore unless it was in the backyard.

Nicolas would scratch the back of his head, a sigh huffing out his lungs almost defeated by the thought of not being able to help. “I want to, but I will have to talk to Zander about it.” A smile offered back as a thank you. He had what he needed to know for now. Whenever it happened, or if it did, NIc would be sure to go back to Talia for answers. Their food would make no more wait as the waitress had come out again with their plates. Giving a hand wave of gratitude he’s reach for a fry. The smell of fish of course a bit more pungent then he was expecting.

“On the topic of the bond. You feel everyone in the pack. It that always happening all the time or is it only when you’re in close proximity of those in the pack?” The blonde gave a more cheerful expression as he felt the tiredness slowly leave him. “I imagine the familiar bond or even mating would be different as you’re connected to one person. Or is it all the same and I can no longer have privacy?”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 3 2018, 12:17 AM
Amur Leopard
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
Nic’s cheeks were burning, a feeling Talia noted over the bond more than she did the man himself. His purchase there was still faint but hers was stronger, strong enough to sense him when the others only felt the whisper of him. At least until tonight, when the welcomed him in and everyone settled into his head like rush hour traffic. It would be nothing easy, it never was, save for those born as shifter and even then, the process wasn’t as gradual as it might have been assumed to be. It would always end in a headache, but the fact she felt him then was nothing she’d allude to. Her eyes elsewhere and she knew the feeling, as well as anyone did, that odd tickle of wings—

Her attention was wayward until his voice slipped back into her head and dragged her back to the present in a flick of green eyes to blue. A dip of her chin was understanding as she listened to his worries, not over his training but over the other, over the man attached to him. The sentiment was sweet, saw a smile slipped across her features, however calm and quiet it was. ”It is possible, I can teach you once you’re settled and your body has adjusted,” her tone was quiet and warm as she moved to sip the tart of her lemonade. ”I’m not sure how it will affect him or his magic, it’s been…,” she thought for a moment, her eyes slipping to the window in a distant peer. ”It’s been a long time since I was a witch, you lose the sensation of the old magic after a while, for that of the new. But I’m sure there’s something that can be done to help. From your end anyway,”

Her smile was spreading and brief, an offering of comfort before his chin dipped in acknowledgment, one that wonder her over the moment—

”I can have Richard help you, if Zander agrees. He’s much better versed in all of it than I,” fingers tapping lightly over his chin as it perched in her palm. ”It helps that you’re close with the coven as well, I’m sure there are witches that can also help, his special circumstances taken into account,” Vincent would be best in her mind, they seemed to know each other well, the ginger and the doctor.

The rich smell of fish would waft into her lungs in a deeply pulled updraft.

The dusky dark of her fingers would flick over the piece to break them open and let them cool and release their steam before she popped the pad of her grease covered thumb between his lips. It ws then that she’d nod, a gentle notion as she pondered the idea for no more than a few seconds. ”Yes and no. It’s something you’ll learn eventually, but you can, temporarily, shut off the bond. Really, it pulls you from the flow and no one can feel you and you can’t the others,” Talia’s chin tilted as she snagged a fry, popped it between her teeth and chewed thoughtfully before she saw it washed down with lemonade.

”It’ll take you a while before you get there, but it is possible. As for the bond itself. It’s always. It does wane when you get too far away, though that’s states and hundreds of miles. You can feel those closer to you a bit clearer and stronger as the magic has less distance to travel. But it’s nothing truly amplified.”

Snagging a wedge of lemon from the side of the plate, its ends were pinched and its tart juice rained down over the top of her battered fish. ”The familiar bond is more or less the same, it can be felt across long distances, and always, but you can’t necessarily separate. It’ll pull you towards each other like magnets if you get too far away. Nothing like the mating bond, not as drastic, but it is a tie that doesn’t like to be ignored,”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 9 2018, 06:04 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
A smile would settle onto the mute’s face. It felt better knowing he had so much support going into this change. Zander, Talia, Vincent, practically everyone was on his side. He couldn’t imagine being alone if all this had happened. What if Talia wasn’t as nice as she had been? What if Zander did die in the accident and he was the only one that was left? There were multitudes of chances that could have happened but didn’t. Nic ended up lucky with surviving and having everyone in his life to help. The worst of it was over, now he just needed to get pass the following twelve hours.

The mute reached for one of the fried fish as he’s start to tear it and give it a dip. He’s bite would take a generous amount, even if the fumes not literally seeped into hsi nose from the inside. The content of food distracted his itch momentarily. His hand reached for his glass as he continued to listen to the alpha. The bond, the feeling of having others know his feelings did help communication, but they couldn’t hear him speak. There was never an issue teaching others ASL, but that was a lot to take in.

Nicolas slowly felt himself drift as his eyes fell towards his food. As if he hadn’t eaten in ages. A large bite and a chug of water would keep him silent. He’d of course take mental notes. They were things he could jot down later and discuss with Zander in a few months once he was better at controlling everything. Half of his plate was nearly devoured until the realization finally hit. Was he that hungry? He’s reach for a napkin, wiping his mouth with hints of warmth in his cheeks again. That didn’t usually happen.

“Er…I guess I was more hungry then I thought.” He’d request another water as the mute took his glass and almost downed the rest of it, the cold icy water sliding back into his throat was relaxing. A sigh would left his lungs as his back pressed against the booth again, hands staying at his side. He couldn’t think of anything else to ask. At least nothing really important to know. “So, does the turning last the entire night? Until the sun rises?” Nicolas finally looked over to the ebony woman with his rather half tired looking blue eyes.

“Do you normally drive there, stay until dawn and then change back to leave or do you end up sleeping there? I’m not sure what it is we’re technically going to do to beside run. Um, I guess I’m curious as to what all we do when it is the full moon.” A hand rubbed the back of his neck with a tired smiled “I imagine I may fall asleep the moment I change back into human. ”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 10 2018, 12:34 AM
Amur Leopard
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
Talia’s smile was faint and warm as she picked at her food in between bouts of talking, taking moments here and there to eat a mouthful while they talked over the ins and outs of this new life that he’d been as shoved into as the rest of them had. Or the majority of them, anyway. His hunger was a good sign, at least in the fact that his nerves weren’t in the way and he still could, there were a few int he past who’d been too wound up to eat before their first turn, and while it didn’t matter one way or the other, it was a bit more difficult when you shifted into your hunger. Not many people took so seamlessly to hunting and eating while shifted, not at first anyway.

”It wanes a bit nearing dawn,”

Confirmed as she tore off a piece of her fish, coated it in tartar sauce and saw it slipped between her lips in a chew that rushed its deep fried goodness across her tongue in a tickle of the senses. She’d not hide the low hum of contentment as her elbows propped on the table, hands hovering a moment in a surveying of her food and contemplation of the current moment and its subject. When he finished his question and she her chewing, Talia’s attention would be caught in a soft chuckle and a nod. ”That’s fine, I’ll make Richard drive us, so you can sleep on the way back,” that didn’t really answer his question, she was aware.

Sipping her lemonade and she’d see the tart liquid down her throat before settling to contemplate her next bite as she finally answered Nic’s question. ”We don’t usually stay, no. Some packs do, but the moon stops singing nearing sunrise, when its still dark, so there’s no reason to stay,” picking a piece of of fish and she’d see it chewed and swallowed before continuing, time taken to make sure their food was well settled and digested before the moment that saw them all twisted ’round and changed.

”When we say run, it’s less about actual running, though we do that as well, and more just about spending time with one another. As a pack oriented species we hinge on our camaraderie, this simply helps build that between us all, where life in general doesn't really allow us to spend every moment with each other as the species would prefer of us,”

A shoulder shrugged in a dismissal of the needs of their species as she worked on finishing her food for a moment before settling in to answer him further—

”We do hunt, it might not be anything you take to right away, most of us don’t, which is also why we’re here. I hated it for a long time, the need of the shifter to eat fresh meat, until you adjust, I’d suggest eating before the moon. It’ll be less of a draw that way, less fighting against the urges of the cat that’s already sated.”

Finishing what she would of her food and her wallet was fished form her coat pocket before she motioned to see them out the door with a soft ”ready?” offered along the way. Stopping along the way to see their meal paid for and they’d pour back out into the chill of November and back into her car. Heading them towards the pard house, traffic distracting her for a moment before her low, easy tone brushed from between her lips—

”You’ll have some time before we go, you should call your witch,”

A friendly suggestion that would see itself rattled around in Nic’s head as Talia shoved her own need to call anyone down with the rest of the things she should do, but wouldn’t. Not that she had anyone to call anyway, but Talia was sure that Alexander would appreciate the conversation before he worried himself into a hole later that night.

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 20 2018, 03:49 PM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
Sleep, something Nicolas didn’t have in right now since his mauling. He hoped by the end of the night he would be able to pass out the moment he could. It sounded so nice, sleeping in a bed with nothing but peaceful sounds and with a ginger beside him. Eventually it would happen again; he just had to have patience’s. As the food from his plate would almost disappear, the mute would feel comfort from the alpha’s words. So it wasn’t just mindless play or hunting. The idea of eating fresh food was as weird as you would imagine for someone new to the idea.

“That makes sense, Nicolas would slowly nod taking the rest of his food in without hesitation. ”I like running though, so that won’t be an issue. When you say fresh meat…I’m guessing its whatever animals are around in that area? What…sort of things are there to hunt?“ He assumed rabbit or smaller creatures. The blonde highly doubted there would be actual people, in the woods to kill. Wouldn’t that be considered murder? Food already devoured the mute thought less and less about eating any more.

Swept from the table, Nis followed along with Talia back towards the car where they would go to the pard house from there. The chill air practically woke him up from the warmth of the inside of the shop that was comfortable. He felt awake, but it was probably the moon that did that. The mention of Zander would have the blue eyes gaze over to the ebony woman that sat in the car seat. Brows furrowed gently at the choice of words. The down fall of his disability, he couldn’t technically ‘call’ “I’ll do that…ring him right up and put him on speaker.” Nic jested in a silent chuckle pulling his seat belt over his chest.

Maybe one day he could…maybe.

Through the ride home, he had his phone in hand. He’d smile with every message, the blonde bushel of his head pressed against the window. Everything’s going okay. We’ve eaten and going to the Pard house before heading off. I hope work is okay. Are Argos and Gertrude doing okay? I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. If I’m still asleep just come in the room so I can see you when I wake up! The comfort of conversation would keep his mind distracted for the following hours before they would leave.

The following hours would ease any sort of nerves that the mute had left in his stomach. A long conversation and a short face time later he’d finally say goodnight to his witch and leave his phone at the house to charge for the night. He’d felt the itch even more now. Feet not waiting for someone to come in to call him, but walked himself out to meet Richard and Talia. He took his spot to the back seat of the man’s car and stared out the window as he drove.

It was only a matter of time now.

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 21 2018, 11:54 PM
Amur Leopard
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
The time it took them to get to the house was spent explaining the wildlife and the surroundings they’d find themselves in, though the moment their feet hit the driveway it was all chaos and rushing around. Talia’s mind was rather calm, a woman who’d done this countless times before, be it newly turned shifter or child reaching the ripe age to see their first shift, this night was nothing new to the likes of her. Not so much could be said for the rest of them, the pard all gathering in a slow percolating trickle to all pile into as few cars as possible with the stragglers to meet them there. Some time was taken with the omega to settle her into the role of advisor as she’d lead the bulk of them while Richard and Talia both stayed to the side with the newest member. At last for the first few dozen minutes and until he found his sea legs as it were, and was ready to join into the swirling mess of cats and their abundant energy.

It gave Nic time to converse with his witch before he was popping down the stairs to join the rest of them.

Talia, Nic and Richard all tucked into his car an hour later and their course was set for the wide open expanses of wilderness on the other side of the bridge from the city. North and it was an unusual direction that caused a fuss of excitement in the whole of the cats. Talia’s attention would remain on Nic as the beta drove, her tone was soft and her cheek pressed against the headrest of her seat as she reassured him of things and laid everything out. A plan of attack if you would.

“The moon is going to cement things for you, I know you can feel them a bit now, the others, but tonight will likely be overwhelming as the whole of the pard really settles into you. If you need to break away, just reach out to either of us and we’ll peel you off from the others,” Richard’s smile was barely there, a faint hint of it across his face in agreement as his hand rested on the gear stick of the softly purring car. “We’ll begin with just the three of us, you won’t shift in front of everyone, there’s no need for added pressure—” her hand swung then in a physical hand wave as her green eyes flashed out the window to the bay below the bridge as they crossed over its orange expanse.

“We’ll see you safely through it and then you can adjust as needed, when you’re ready, we’ll join the others. They’ll not be waiting on us, so again…,” no added pressure.

She fell quiet then as Richard peeled his lips apart to speak—

“You’re in good hands, this isn’t her first rodeo,” glancing at the man in the backseat and Richard offered him a soft nod, his smile didn’t come, always stern faced and too serious for the moment he was.

Talia hummed into this, it sounded amused. It was by far not Richard’s either, but she needn’t remind anyone that he was by far the oldest cat they had among their ranks. In truth, Talia was the youngest, though you’d likely not have guessed when sat beside their omega.

The drive took close to an hour before they finally pulled off a winding dirt road and parked behind another car full of evacuating pard members. The forest was forever tall, breath catchingly so, the trees as big around as half a dozen people linked by stretched arms. It was ancient and felt so deeply of magic and nature that it was hard to imagine shifters running along in anything else. The ground vegetation was lush and low, nothing that felt entrapping as they wandered down the road a ways. A few words were given to Harley before Talia’s head tipped in a beckoning to follow that would see the trio headed in the opposite direction as the others.

Sky darkening into wispy and warm colors and they’d eventually stop in a place that looked like all the rest of the forest, slightly wider and a bit more open, it offered the trio enough cover and less trees to keep track of as the ranked pair kept an eye.

“There’s no rush, Nic. Just sit, let the moon tell you when you’re ready and then let it happen, just like we practiced,” a soft nod was given as Talia and Richard peeled apart to stand as guards, their clothes shed slowly as they waited, their shift something that happened quickly enough not to need the rush in their limbs. Eventually they’d also sit. The grass was cool beneath her as she tucked her bare knees to her equally exposed chest. The dark of her skin blending into the scenery a bit as the pair waited for Nic and the moon to decide he was ready. Their tense forms equally ready to jump in and help if he needed the push or the coaxing.

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 25 2018, 09:00 AM
Snow Leopard
Homosexual
Nic

awards

silent serenade
Yukie
Since the departure to the woods, he’d didn’t feel tired. In fact with the moon so close he now felt more awake then before. He’d tried to hold his twitching to a minimum as he gazed out the window for almost the entire hour. Although he wasn’t alone in his cross over, there was still a small sense of it. He’d understood the reasons of being away from his love ones and needing to adjust to his new life, but he was certain everyone probably felt the same when it came to the first time with the moon and the pack. Nic wasn’t the first nor would he assume the last.

Every time Talia addressed him, the blonde would turn his head. He’d not say anything, but nod, he understood. A small smile tugging to show his appreciation to both as he finally heard Richard’s voice for the first time outside the pard house. There was safety and nothing to worry about. His eyes would stare back out the window, watching as the skies started too inched towards the darkness that would fall across the wilderness. It must be beautiful, he thought to himself. The night sky, stars, and the woods all around them while a full moon rose about them; it almost sounded magical in a sense. He wouldn’t be able to spend that with Zander, at least not like before.

The moment of arrival, the mute almost felt a little over whelmed. The rush of magic and the pack bond that ran through the forest was already hitting him the moment he stepped out of the car. At some point he’d felt his body flinch leaning towards the other guides that would be with him tonight. He’d waved his hands, letting it be known he was fine and he waited until they led him away from the rest. A thousand and one things to look at, and he’d not know what to focus on. The outdoors would always be close to him, and even after the incident he’d not think to stay away.

As the trio reached their destination in the forest, the mute took a second and admired the view. Open area, sky visible with the moon almost in view as the sun finally vanished. Nic would have forgotten why he was there if it weren’t for Talia talking again. He’d not say a word, but nod again. He’d felt incline to let them sit first, but a feeling of pressure still hit even if they didn’t stare. “Bear with me,” the blonde took a few steps back as if to look at something.

His body didn’t want to sit, it wanted to move. As his mentors were already bare and patiently waiting, he’d look around the area once more. Piece by piece, he’d start with his shoes to remove them. Nicolas wouldn’t stay in his spot, but rather step back to the closest tree but still in their sights. He would be out of his clothes as his hands pressed against the bark of its trunk. He felt something.

“There’s magic...flowing through the woods isn’t there.” the young shifter would openly asked. “I remember stories dad use to tell me while camping. Magic through the forest helped lighten up even the darkest of nights and even in the deepest part of the woods. Saying it keeps the creatures at bay and thriving, almost convinced me catching a firefly could easily damage the area.” A smile fondly remembered the man that raised him. His back would press against the bark, slowly descending as he finally sat down with the roots circling behind and underneath him. He remembered his father, his mother, Zander and that night he was cornered. At the time he was helpless against a tree and escaped the first gasp of his biter.

Hands would press against the grass, eyes closing to focus. Nic wasn’t sure how long it took before he felt ready. When he’d opened his eyes, directly in the sky, he made eye contact with the full moon.

Just like practice.

This time felt different. As he’d shift he felt the burn of his body as it changed. He’d not ask or beg for help, he’d kept his eyes close. Nicolas hands gripped the ground ready to rip and tug the greenery. With every breath the memories of that night ran on repeat in his brain. The pain sourcing from the bite on his shoulder as it spread all the way to the tips of his fingers and toes. It hurt. He'd shake off any sort of want to ask for help. He believed he was going to be fine.

Just. Like. Practice.

Suddenly it had all stopped. When he’d opened his eyes again, he’d see his paws. The flow that he felt in the forest now started to flow through him. He now started to feel the pard and the moon. It now made sense. He’d test his first steps as his white spotted fur glowed in the moon light from the opening above them. Nic felt the ground; his tail swaying, almost hesitant to try and test his run. The mute would slowly approach his alpha, his head tucked down. Nic's breath would huff almost as if he felt a cold sweet from the amount of energy that he used to push through it all. He'd press against her human cheek softly with his now fury muzzle.

“Thank you.”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 25 2018, 07:30 PM
Amur Leopard
Cautela Pard Alpha
Bisexual
dating // Shipped (Drew)
Tal / T

awards

haterade
Sarah
Talia watched Nic for only a moment, as he shuffled off toward sa tree to see his clothing piled around his feet. Nudity, while it might not be anything Nic was used to at that moment, was simply an aspect of their lives that meant little to the lot of them. Talia saw little of it, cared about none of it, even as she sat herself down and covered what need be for the comfort of the others, it meant very little in her mind. It was his words, however, that she focused on. The tipping of her lips was a soft thing that wandered to one side in a lopsided and faint expression that dipped her chin a bit and focused her on the ground between them. Thoughtful, as if she were looking for some proof of it there, resting in the grass like bugs made of energy.

“The fae wind tightly around the forests, but it’s not magic at all you feel,”

When her gaze returned then, it was golden and pale. A shining beacon of light dictated by the pull of the moon, something she had far better control over than Nic did, or would for whiles. Richard sat quietly and off to her side, his attention was on the others, keeping an eye on them all over the bond and making sure their largely untried omega was handling herself okay.

“What you feel, is life,” stated simply but with the same air of magic in her voice that a child might exude in the moments right before they burst down the stairs on Christmas morning. An awe that never went away, though it was largely tied to this place as its life here was raw and unfettered by the world around it. “You’re now a part of it, the raw of life and its ever flowing energy. It’ll be faint in the city, but out here…,” her smile spread then, a soft thing that would see her chin ducked again and the moment after, to grow silent and gentle. She needn’t finish the thought, the forest did it for her as it wrapped around them and saw Nic to his knees.

Talia wouldn’t move, though her watch over Nic was intent and focused, his shift an important moment and she’d not see him stuck in it or battling against it. Richard’s form would shift quickly after, pacing away and sat beside a tree a handful of feet away, a guardian that was better suited for countering a feline that Talia was with her opposable thumbs yet. Her own shift would come eventually, but for now she watched, her voice might be needed to cut through the chaos.

It was a difficult thing to watch, the first few shifts of any young shifter. A long process where her own was nearly instantaneous, a few dozen seconds where Nic’s was minutes of snapping and popping, of a body rearranging itself from the inside out, to form the powdery, snowy white hue of his speckled form. He was a feline better suited for the snow, though when he stood there in the middle of the clearing, on his own and of his own volition, it was with everything like pride that Talia offered the full brunt of her smile. A quickly shifting thing that flashed her teeth for a moment.

Richard neared, a foot or two, his towering tawny hide something intimidating just to look at, though she’d stop him before he did himself. Stayed him there as Nic approached. His presence was nothing challenging, the feline behind her eyes seemed nothing bothered as he slipped up beside to see his cheek rubbed against her own. His paws would be shaky for a bit though her fingers were nothing tentative when her knuckles swept over his cheek and smoothed under his chin.

“You’re welcome,”

Her voice was soft, fingertips running the line from the velvet of his nose, up along the space between his eyes to his forehead.

A soft huff against her shoulder and her other hand would ruffle Richard’s ears as he slipped beside her, bumping head into Nic’s hip on the way by, chin resting gently over the top of him in a display of dominance she’d roll her eyes at before he chuffed softly in calling to see Nic follow.

In his wake Talia would take her half a minute and slip into another skin entirely.

Small and spotted, she was hardly anything more intimidating than she usually was then. A stretch would see the leopard to her feet, jaws parting and tongue curling in a yawn that sounded a gruff noise from the back of the throat. Her mind reached out to Nic’s then, a soft thing as the feline moved, wide golden eyes watching the paler of the trio. It was soothing mention across the bond, a quiet hum that sounded like a lullaby in the ears. It soothed even as the leopard neared, curious and also needed then—

Jaw parting again and Talia soothed even as the sharp of her teeth moved to grasp hold of Nic’s neck, her form pushing against his shoulder in a need to see him down against the ground, and of his own volition once more. A need for him to submit and agree to her reign in his furred form. It was pushing and demanding, but nothing rough that saw him tossed. A pressure applied to see him cede and accepting.

--------------------
user posted image

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 

Closed

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.