| Staff | Member | Guest
PLS NO: plots, tags or adverts in the cbox~

fugu stat
e
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Thread!

Two For One, @Yukie // Bart
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 01:18 AM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
book keeper & shadow thief
species
Fae- Jinn
group
seelie court & black market
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
Married to the niiiiight~
mature
Smh, maybe?
god must be a lonely man, sitting high up above in his chariot.
smol shadow

The pull wasn't there, that thing that dictated his steps from one office to the next, perhaps not an office at all in this moment but it was yet. The warehouse floor of the docks was office to them all, a dangerous place for the sandman if you took into account physical size as compared to the size of good stored in boxes. Though if were accounting for this it was a dangerous place for any man who wasn't a literal ten feet tall. Regardless, the point was Hutton's feet didn't still or shy as he strode the warehouse and of his own accord and not because he was tethered. Never again would he be and yet he was, a thing dictated by his own want, a desire bred of loyalty for services far surpassed and rendered accordingly. Deeds done hand in hand as it were.

His own loyalty was unwavering and in that he would not find fault in the claiming of the space beside the archdemon, figurative or actually speaking.

In this moment figurative, and in the moment after? Literal.

The soft cant of his head is given in greeting to those he passed that acknowledged his presence, an easy thing to miss as he flitted from spot to spot on dwarfed legs and without care to those around him. Lost in thought as was usual for the sandman, his penchant for pondering knew no bounds and this moment was no exception. Pondered over things that had no answers, he was aware of their lack but it mattered none, he'd ponder over them anyway. Deals lost, fallen through, yet pending and waiting on the other's approval to move forward. Life's mysteries. It mattered not what it was he'd ponder it at his leisure. In this moment it was over their lack of things outside of this, this endless work day that lapsed into work week into month. And how many had they lost without realizing?

It'd been years likely, though Bart had taken a vacation to make himself an incubus.

No matter, it'd been years outside of that brief moment and in this he'd finally spot the other man, one he'd mark with some odd little flutter of affection, not one that would mark them lovers so much as the familiarity of very old friends. Once master and even in this he'd find little fault in the title as he pinned it to Bart's stately lapel. Hands clasped behind his back he'd pull himself to a quiet stop beside the other man who stood surveying the moving of some latest shipment of something or other. Could have easily been nuts and bolts as it could have been people, neither of the old men standing there would seemingly mind.

"We do this too often, old friend,"

Features calm and even, his blue gaze would remain on the giant shipping boxes moved about with the ease of a forklift. "All this work makes us dull, or so I've been told," and by whom, Hutton? The youth. His gaze would slip sideways to peer at the other a moment in a sidelong glance. "How're the boys?" he spoke of Bart's children, the biological and the made, some current picture of glowing bliss that sighed him in a fashion he'd not waste the energy on to curl his nose properly over. It were youth like these that fashioned them old and dull.

"Suppose we break the mold, Bart. Do something different, make ourselves less dull, hmm?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 11:17 PM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
International Trade of SF and Dock Master
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
Heterosexual with a dash of Homo
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
I have one rule. Make a deal and keep it.
N/A
i have hell to raise

“Make sure those get in gently now,” the dock master stood with his hands folded over his cane. It was work to keep these types of people in line. Time was money and it had been very busy time. Souls to collect and deals to be made, it was no wondered Bartimaeus lost his sense of timelines. He loved to bother his sons some more but as summer time rolled around the corner, so where shipments. They would be the busiest time of the year. People would be out, people needed stock to sell and he would have to bring it all to them.

Otherwise, they would be out of business.

His presence would soon gain company. One of familiar status and loyalty. Ages it has been, but he was easily charmed by the man's talents. Beneficial to not only him, but to the sandman himself. Bartimaeus would keep his eyes head on, looking at the cargo to make sure there were no issues as they moved it. "Well, you know me. This is what I do. You sound older than you really are. Save me the mushy respects, Hutton." The demon would chuckle. His heart and soul had nothing else to gain besides through power. That's why he worked. It wasn't hard.

Dull, wasn't a term the demon would call himself. He thought he was quite limber with the status queue. Truly you had to go through multiple routines of work to get where you wanted. Even after death. The mention of his sons was asked. Hutton knew about the engagement. There wouldn't be anything new to tell. "Same as always. It's not as if they beg for my attention. Besides, you know as much anyways."

His head would turn, looking to the fae who's height was judge by many. The demon saw him as almost an equal. Someone that had more than what people could expect. Head tilting, cane lightly tapped at the thought of doing something 'different'. Strange, he thought he did entertaining work on and off the docks. "You purpose an interesting idea. Kinky, but I know it's no such thing." The man chuckled, looking to the ships anchoring on the dock. "What did you have in mind? I'm listening."

sounds kinky~

PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 05:07 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

Standing there as they were, some picture of times long since passed, the jinn would smirk. There was nothing to bother him in the other as he quipped out words to disregard sentiment. A notion that had never really extended to Bart in the least. Mattered little to Hutton, he was not so privy to brush such things off, and thus he'd refer to the other as old friend time and again, as if he'd not heard the lack of need for such things multiple times now. A child who never learned, though he's the least bit childlike, save for perhaps his height.

Or lack thereof.

Hands clasped behind his back the little sandman would watch the warehouse, a second home, or rightly first if he were to discount the library that was his actual home. A thing he spent so little time in it was a wonder he even had it at all. A brow would rise as he pondered over Bart's words, again discounting his not-so-subtle hand wave of the topic. "Mmm, yes. I suppose they do not," He knew of the engagement, he also knew of Bart's penchant for discounting their need of him as well. When had their want for the man ever stopped him from trifling? The fae wouldn't push, though he had noted the presence of the younger of the pair the week before. Oddly devoid of his guardian, the primary incubus, or so Hutton would think of him. His dealings with Justin were minimal but he did have them, subsisted himself outside of Bart without care. They were both far to old to be offended by the branching out beyond themselves.

He needn't Bart to live and vice versa.

Thoughtful the sandman would ponder the moment, hands falling from one another as the idle flick of his fingers would pull his the old gold daric coin from his pocket. Flickered along his knuckles the half-man would think even as the eyes of the man beside him washed over him. Could feel them as assuredly as he did every of Bart's presence when they were stationed nearby. A thing his soul recognized, even as tainted as it was these days. Perhaps more so because of this.

Kinky.

The word itself would pull his gaze. The daric seated between pointer and middle finger, lost the rhythm and tucked it into his pocket without thought. His snort is unceremoniously dry. "You are right to assume it as not." But he already knew such things. Of the pair of them, there was nothing in the half-man that screamed of this and even if he'd been cast to Hell itself, he'd not be one to sire such things as Bart. Kinky was not in Hutton's repertoire of things to inhabit. "Matters little, anything but this. For whatever fun you subscribe to on your off hours, you yet do little of it." He was not devoid of this notion in himself but he also knew the demon's schedule like he knew most things.

"I am no better. I am aware."

His hand would wave gently as it clasped itself behind his back once more, gaze shifting to something sidelong and wondering. "I'm going out. I have a need for more wine, and less work." The corner of his mouth would twitch. "Perhaps I'll procure something for those ridiculous doves of yours, hmm." Thoughtful, whatever did you borrow for a valkyrie and an incubus? "Or," his gaze would turn in full, calm and blue as he peered up at the demon beside him. "Or perhaps I'll pay those thorns from weeks ago a visit," an irritation made pair and yet to have been dealt with for their insubordination. "Nomatter, you're welcome to join, at least for the wine. I don't know how rusty you are at the rest these days, though likely as much as I."

A quiet chuckle would see his gaze filtered back to the docks laid out before them.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 03:28 AM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
N/A
i have hell to raise

The demon gave a small dramatic sigh, leaning on his cane as the dwarf pull away his playful projection. “Honestly Hutton, you’re worse than me in killing a buzz.” Although he never had intention of doing anything, the demon couldn’t help his choice of words. His schedule was as tight and strict as they come. Little wiggle room, but you couldn’t get to the top and stay there when you weren’t working. Force of habits, his nature or his pride, it didn’t matter what it was that kept him there. Bartimaeus didn’t seem to mind his workolic tendencies. He was made for business.

Wine wasn’t his favorite. Scotch, an old brew was hard to resist. Bartimaeus cocked his brow at the mention of the sandman’s planes. The doves as mention made the demon snort with little interest. Regardless of son or business partner, the demon kept his distance when need be. A small tap at his feet with his cane and the dock master shifted to turn away from the docks. His supervising was over as of now. A drink wouldn’t hurt but he doubted he or his company would pay a visit to anyone. Even if the temptation of picking the throws stood heavy, he’d rather not cause more of a commotion than he had to.

“A drink sounds doable.” Bartimaeus gesture to his employee. It was his idea, thus he assumed he could take the lead in where they were to go for a drink. As a man that worked so much with trade and business, he’d understand the importance of credit. “By all means lead the way Mr. Abbott. I can have the car pull around if you so desire and choose the destination. Unless you wish to travel in other ways, I’m willing to part either way.” Bart would wait for the shorter man to decide and the car was his choice of travel.

Without a disagreement, Bartimaeus would walk with the dwarf back to the buildings behind them and away from the docks. He would advise his workers as they were ordered and had a helping hand watch over the progress. Tonight it seemed the boss would take it off. Making their way to the first spot of curb, the car would pull up towards the two and park for them to get in. Bartimaeus would politely open the door first for the dwarf man to get in first before he followed. Once they settled he’d rested his cane on his lap with a sigh. “Where to Mr. Abbott?”
PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 01:56 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

Bart would agree, at least to the drink and in that he'd agree to wander away from this place, at least for the night, for a little while. Set aside work for a scant few hours and enjoy something liquid and lovely on the tongue. A curt nod is offered the other in accordance with this agreement of his, however halted, a thing he agreed to seemingly out of mild want. A doable action that was really neither here nor there in his mind, or so it seemed to the sandman. He'd wave his thoughts away, happy enough that the demon agreed at all to leaving his docks behind for the evening to do something outside of himself.

All work and no play made for a good business man, but a very dull man otherwise.

"The car is fine,"

A hand waved mention as the dwarf spun on his heel and wandered, demon beside, back through a warehouse that was yet busy. Always. Was always busy, an endless prattle of people and things being shuffled around, exacted instructions left behind for the people yet lingering, a foreman instructed with the low curt tone of Bart, like a babysitter left instructions in the wake of of some outing that required their presence at all. It was not so far fetched to consider this place Bart's favored child, however unrelated it was to him, his time was lavished on this place and to that Hutton would find no more fault in the man than he could in a mother who adored her cherub-cheeked infant. He'd made this place, it'd been bred from his loins, figuratively speaking, but it was yet his creation.

Sliding into the car, the dwarf would sit his patience endless as instructions are given to the driver-- "Thirteenth and Madison," before his attention shifted back to Bart. Their conversation aimless and wandering, and as to be expected, business oriented. Trickled over details of a few new clients and the shifting of a few old. Quiet and low their voices would fill the space with their inability to set work aside even for the scant fifteen minutes it took them to relocate to the little shadowed bar tucked between tattoo parlor and mini-mart.

It was a quiet thing, no club would do but neither could Hutton crawl his way to perch in the incubus' bar either. Dark and seedy and yet not the worst, clean and low-lit it was some long forgotten haven for the questionable. It'd receive them without worry as the driver was let go, sent off to end his service for the evening. Wandering into the bar the pair would sidle into some booth, a nondescript seating arrangement at the wall that tucked them well away from prying ears and eyes. Drink procured, a wandering waitress, lone in her job for the evening would set scotch and wine, decanters of each with their accompanying glasses upon the table.

The royal purple-red liquid tipped easily into his glass as his attention fell to the demon across from him. "Are you really doing nothing for the wedding?" A brow would rise as the decanter is settled and glass is hoisted. Leaning himself against the back of the booth he'd eye the demon a long moment, his amusement light and quiet but there in the curl at the corner of his mouth. "I don't mean to push you to cause rain, but it seems very... unlike you, and your chaos to simply wish them well." It wasn't challenge so much as curiosity after this seemingly languid stance he'd taken over the pair of boys. It struck Hutton as odd, a man built for chaos and yet... in this he was stepping back. It was almost like he might actually have a heart in his chest, cold and black and shriveled, but it might actually be there.

"You know, I am quite capable of procuring--"

His hand would wave the thought away as he tipped wine over his tongue. Bart knew well enough his capabilities.

"Have you met the kelpie yet, Justin's newest business acquisition? Dull. Save for perhaps his diet, though that's nothing that should make a man."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 02:44 PM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
N/A
i have hell to raise

It wasn’t very often the demon took a night ‘off’ of work. Strange as it was, there was clear reasons he didn’t. One, he had plenty to do, and secondly he didn’t have many companions that actually wanted to see him. He’d pushed them all away and to the side and chose the greed of his business. He was a dragon as well as a demon at heart. Business associates would want a drink here and again, but it would all be used to discuss more and more business. Perhaps he was boring as any workaholic, but in his perspective he did everything he was supposes to and kept his valuables safe from unwanted guests.

Instructions were left, and the two made their way to a car. They would be broke to a small bar tucked away between buildings. It would be quite, and settle for the time being. Conversation was quite. Business was always spoken about; unfortunately it would take a small place in the back seat. The establishment was quiet and clean. Bartimaeus would follow besides his company, cane in hand as it tapped with their feet towards their table. They were pried away from wandering eyes, making it easier for them to speak about private topics.

Or at least part of them.

Drinks were served, and with a hand taking hold of his glass, the demon eyed it quietly as he swirled it in hand. The Jinn so curious to inquiry about his choice not being involved with a wedding his flesh and blood would be having. He wasn’t invited, be he didn’t have an interest in a boring ceremony for them. A chuckle would roll off his lips before he took a taste of his drink. His back rested against his seat and cane resting on his lap. “You’ve known me for a long time Hutton. Truly seems odd and out of character for me.”

The idea of someone else ruining the boy’s big day was rather entertaining. Of course he wouldn’t have anything do to with it unless his associate would go on his own accord. “Unfortunately not long enough. For everything you know there is some you’ve yet to find out. I have my reason that is all I have to say on the matter. Honestly it’s too cliché in my taste to toy with a wedding.” He’s take another taste of his scotch chuckling in amusement. He knew the Jinn’s talents well. He wouldn’t stop him if the man wanted to have a little fun.

“I am a man of my word…but I only did say I wouldn’t ‘attend’. By all means if it tickles you fancy you can do as you wish for a present to them from you. I have my own….ideas on that matter. I always find a loophole.” Bart wasn’t the type to share information of what he did on his personal time. Even if the dwarf was a master at his craft, there were still things he’d refused to share or tell him. The mention of the new face in the Black Market was brought up.

A boring topic to discuss and Bartimaeus only knew of the cargo he received for their delivery. “I have not met him face to face.” Hands would lightly tug and adjust his arm cuffs to be loosened. “A shipment or two has come in for them. Whenever he ends his delivery boys over I’ll get an idea. Eventually we’ll meet, but I have other things to handle. I over head the naga is taking a visit to him?” The demon chuckled under his breath. “She’s a carnivore by nature and a predator looking for blood.”

She wasn’t a fan of the dock master. Understandable as it was, she at least showed loyalty. Her trade was rather popular in different directions of alignment. “I’m curious,” the demon took another lofty drink from his glass. “What sort of activity were you possibly thinking to do? If you’d ask me we could enclosed those annoying brothers in their club with salt and perhaps a dab a holy water.”
PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 04:41 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

A brow would rise as Bart spoke, his affinity to make himself appear mysterious was amusing. As a man so fitted to the same track, a man of proper schedule there was very little mystery to him at all, none that couldn't be easily unearthed with the right amount of leverage or upturning of rocks. Hutton had no real need for it, at least not in this moment, the creature of habit that Bart was would remain carefully wound around his mystery for now. This wedding was, quite simply, not a business that entertained the jinn. His knowledge of the pair was vast but it wasn't personal, he knew nothing of them on a level that would call them anything as friends or family. The old demon would consider is cliche and to that end Hutton couldn't disagree but it was also a thing petty, and to that end he knew Bart excelled. A man perhaps not driven by the need for pettiness that drove so many others he was still a man who reveled in it. Enough to steal his son's best friend to twist him hellish.

"I see,"

He'd say little else on it, swirled the wine around in his glass, an amused thought on his brow but he'd not follow it for long. It didn't tickle him overly much, he'd think on it, his own affinity for pettiness wasn't something to discount but he also held no need to mess with a pair he knew so little about. Perhaps he needed to do some investigating work. A low hum would press from his throat, a sound that was tacked onto the wavering of his thoughts though fit well with the mention of loopholes, served as double duty. He'd say little else on the matter, let it drift off as inconsequential.

Sipping his wine, the rich indulgent flavor of it on his tongue settled there a moment as he listened to Bart speak of the kelpie he'd not yet met, a man who apparently was meeting with the naga. Pandora. "She's not that bad," he'd murmur lightly as the win on his tongue was pressed down his throat. "So long as you don't rile her, she can be sensible... I wish him luck though," a note that lapsed from his tongue, tinged with a soft chuckle as he settled himself back into the booth with a sigh. Knowing the kelpie and the naga, he doubted the equid of the two would leave that meeting intact. if not missing a piece of his physical form than surely he'd walk away missing a piece of his peace of mind.

Studying the wine in his glass, brows would rise as the demon inquired about the brothers grim. His curiosity was endearing as it picked at Hutton's thoughts. Salt and holy water-- he'd chuckle, a resounding thing that was marked in a throaty baritone. "I was thinking something a little more... permanent, actually." a punishment that suited the crime, if you will. Another sip is taken before he leans forward and set the glass upon the table, followed by his arms as he leaned quietly there. "I know you're incapable--," a soft smirk would adorn his features-- "I was thinking more along the lines of trapping them inside their own house. I've no issues drawing demon wards. Perhaps out of their club as well. And in something a little more permanent than salt. Surely they have lackeys enough to scrub off paint,"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: May 12 2017, 09:22 PM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
N/A
i have hell to raise

For as long as the demon wrapped his soul around a business of deals and in the shadows, he wasn’t one to chat about his life before. His children hardly knew much of his intensions. Daniel, his son’s the sappy brat of a husband to be only understood that it was in his nature. Bartimaeus was certain that no one living was really aware. The demon didn’t imagine much of a heart was left, but the only thing that assumed that was his notion of keeping a deal. He was always a man of his word.

The topic of the naga rolled his eyes in a subtle smirk. Sensible? Bartimaeus didn’t see that in the naga’s criteria. Insane woman in her field but she was beneficial to their little agreement. Then again, the demon didn’t have the greatest terms with the women he’d come in contact with, most of them anyways. Of course in the end it didn’t’ matter as long as they kept with their business arrangements as planned. “Surely she’s visiting for no reason besides seeing another head to bite. I’m shocked she manages to have a social live with that demeanor. For his sake I hope she milks that venom of hers. It might be less painful when she bites.”

Bartimaeus chuckled at the thought of losing another business due to someone killing them out of habit. That might have happened before with him, but they clearly deserved it for double crossing them. His hand swirled around his glass, looking at his scotch. He merely thought of little things, not fully invested in trying too hard to get a couple of freshly new arch demons in the city to get on his bad side. However, his right hand shadow partner had a few ideas of his own.

A smirk pulled at his lips, too easy to grin at the idea of fucking with the brothers. Bartimaeus took a sip, letting the burning run down his throat. “Oh you know how to be a brown nosier. Saying the right things too pleased my ears.” His hand would put the glass on the table, letting it clink against the counter top as he waved for another glass. “It sounds delightful Mr. Abbott. With my lack of…ability to participate in the manner itself, surely I’m capable of supporting it.” It was smart to keep multiple species at your fingertips, especially if you were a demon.

Once his glass was refilled, Bartimaeus wrapped his fingers around the circumference of the rim, his ring lightly ding the glass. It hummed softly between the two. “I have an idea of where to get…supplies. Once we’re finish I’d be happy to escort you.” Even if the sandman had all capability of doing the job on his own, it didn’t mean the demon couldn’t come along. Perhaps it was a night to push former work aside and pull out a little plate of chaos in their night. Even if it was temporary, it didn’t mean it wouldn’t be fun.
PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: May 16 2017, 06:27 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

"Oh, I don't know," the jinn would drawl lightly as he swirled the wine in his glass, set so carefully against his palm like it were delicate and needed the cradling of his fingertips. A liquid to be coveted surely, if you surmised anything from his hold. "We manage social lives just fine," his mouth would quirk gently as cool blue eyes swivel to peer at the demon seated with him, curious and wry. "Besides, I know many a men who'd enjoy... her very particular sort of company," a soft snort would see the glass in his hand tipped against his lower lip. The incubus that toyed with their strings on occasion was certainly a man who came to mind, his idea of social affairs were... questionable at best. Surely he'd not mind a little teeth mixed into his foreplay. A notion in and of itself that curled Hutton's own nose a bit, not so much on behalf ot the incubus but moreover that of the naga.

Anyone who had anything to do with Justin would have been awarded the same soured face.

Their attention would shift to annoyances other than than a kelpie and a naga, one for each of them or so it appeared.

Savored his wine a moment as Bart pondered over the ideas he'd offered, something far more substantial than salt lines and the like. Something that would hinder as well as it annoyed the other pair. His chuckle was easy as it pursed from his throat, a shoulder sliding in a soft shrug as he reveled, nonchalantly in the positive attentions of both friend and business partner. "One can only hope to learn a few things after centuries together," an understatement of their time but no matter, their age was neither here nor there in the long run. "I was hoping you'd say as much." Really he needed nothing more than a look out for the shenanigans, the man's participation could only go so far when it came to runes and wards that stifled his own kind.

An accomplice acquired Hutton would settle into his decanter of wine, the ease at which it slid down his throat was something both astounding and familiar. A habit born a millennia ago when he was rosy cheeked and far taller, when his form had wavered and he'd been someone he was not.

Lightly sauced and the pair would pour from their booth, leaving behind enough cash to make any bartender salivate. Hutton was always the gracious tipper, a mannerism he'd picked up to obtain and keep people happy and their tongues loose. Gathering information was easier from happier people, and it wasn't like he'd no means of providing little slices of happiness to those he bumped into. Slipping out back, through a door marked for emergencies, they'd wander a few feet. "Where to?" An street name and he'd nod, intent pouring a circle against the wall, it's surface opaque and undulating softly, would shimmer before its surface reflected a slightly busy street. A sweeping gesture after you and he'd wait for the demon to step through before he followed.

Spit out on the corner from the surface of a closed shop door they'd step into the flow of late night wanderers, Hutton's feet easily falling into line beside Bart's as they wandered towards an alley. The portal behind them closing upon the jinn's step-through, they looked as normal as anyone else wandering to or from some bar or another.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: May 30 2017, 06:05 PM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
N/A
i have hell to raise

“Are you one of those men I take it?” The demon smirked not expecting an answer from him. Bartimaeus was aware of at least one person. Attention pulled away from other associates, the demon stroked his thumb across his glass thinking of more permanent means of…disposal. One of them talked to high horsed and the other didn’t talk at all. They were mindless children who didn’t understand the means of hard work and praise to come after it. He’d much rather kill both of them, but the archdemon knew very well the problems that would come about from that effect. Truly he wasn’t a fool to cause a panic, but the temptation of ruining them was far too pleasing to think about.

The decision was made and they were off in a matter of moments. Tips left and glasses empty, the pair was off to their second destination. Quietly the demon would walk beside the jinn, can tapping against the ground as they left out the back doors of the establishment. The air felt cooler as they stepped out, it wasn’t terrible for a night like this. He heard the request, he gave a name. A Street that was far more abandon than habitable, even with the busy street it came in contact with. They would blend in oddly fine so he had no worries. As told, the fae made his portal, allowing him to lead and so he did with his first few steps.

Reaching the other side, his cane hit first to the concrete and the light somehow dimmed lower around this particular alley. Bartimaeus would wait for his company to set foot and the portal to seal before he’d continue walking. He couldn’t tell you what time it was, but he knew this alley even in the depth of the night. A few steps taken at first before he’d tap his cane on the brick building and a few more after that he did it again. “The man is always busy this time of night. Amazing he knows when to answer.”

The building was completely abandoned, but it was still in use. The government had means to destroy it and rebuild something else, but someone stopped them from doing so. Amazing how much money and property could buy; the immortal inside had a lot going for him. The story could have been told in detail, but the demon didn’t want to waste any more precious time explaining it. When they reached the end of the alley, Bartimaeus would lift his cane to tap another brick, but this time pushing it inward before pulling his reach away.

A crack in the adjacent corner would be seen and an illusion slowly disappeared to reveal a metal door. They had quite the camouflage. The view box above would slide to reveal a pair of eyes to look at their guest. “It’s been awhile Mr. McLeod” The demon twitched a casual smile before the eyes would vanish and behind the slate and the door opened. Bartimaeus would make the first step to walk in following the Jinn just behind him. The man was a rather tall figure, almost half dead looking then he was alive. What brings me this surprise visit?”

“Nothing technical. Supplies for a couple of ..thorns that have decided to probe the city and our system. We’ll be on our way in minutes if you have everything we need.” The man didn’t ask for much else and waved his hand to have the two follow him down the hall. A bundle of minutes would go by until they went through another door to a room of everything they needed an more. Divided by sections Bartimaeus would gladly take the bag offered and hold it open for the Jinn. “By all means, take what you need Hutton. I know you’re not a gluttonous man but please don’t shy against it.”

More the merrier and more to keep the two out of their sites for a while.
PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 10:10 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

Hutton would chuckle, a low rolling sound that was easily expelled across the surface of his tongue. "Myself? I dare say not," the twitch at the corner of his mouth would grow languid. He was well beyond his prime years, the little jinn found lesser and lesser moments to dedicate to the chase of anything beyond business. Still, the company of the naga wasn't something he found himself avoiding either. She was a woman capable of being useful and of pleasantries if you paid such back in kind. Hutton had yet to find any reason to avoid her or complain over the little time he'd spent in her company, business related or at a bar or otherwise.

Slipping from one alley to another was nothing peculiar for the pair, the shadows found their company more inviting than most inhabitable places anyway. The pair would shift from the sidewalk to the dark and dingy area between buildings, Hutton paying little mind to the demon as they did so, followed along without need to question trust or loyalty, things that felt implicit when it came to Bart. The small but capable thing that he was, powerful and always underestimated, save for perhaps one man; the one beside him even now, was not someone who questioned such things while slithering around in the dark of the night. The tapping would continue until the right brick was found and Hutton would watch with intrigue as it was pressed. The shift of illusion would waver and in its place came a door that hadn't been there before.

The low thrum of magic was felt though where it'd come from he couldn't have told you.

Stood there a moment as the demon was greeted. The heavy clanking of things, bolts and the like he'd assume would sound before the door swung itself open to a rather tall lanky thing that looked malnourished and under the weather. Followed along behind to a room that might as well have been reagent store for all its shelves and assortment of things. With a compliant nod they'd set out, the little sandman hurrying himself down isles, tossing in everything they needed or might need, enough for a handful of wards and a few other little surprises they might feel inclined after.

After all hand slapping was entirely necessary in this case, and if they were going to take time out of their night to do this at all they might as well make it worth the trip.

"We should me more than set,"

His tone was as crisp as his nod, hands tucked at his back as they wandered back, features cordial he'd offer the fae a languid smile and his own nod. "Thank you for seeing us at such hour," the man's tone was murmured as he moved to follow them down the hallway, Hutton turning his attention would wave him off, a soft mention. "No need, I'll see us out. Thank you again," favors for favors was the name of the game in this business and it would come as no real surprise when nothing exchanged hands. Wandering down the walkway a ways the jinn would pause them and press a portal against the wall, it's dark voided oval waiting for a location. Pulling a pocket watch from his pocket he'd snap its face open and murmur-- "It's still early for the club, shall we pay them a home visit then? They spend the most time at their penthouse but the other... the dull speech-impeded one, has a warehouse." As if decided he'd nod and pour intent into his magic.

The portal shimmered and absorbed the look of an exterior wall.

"After you,"

Spit out across the street, the warehouse looked rather empty though it hummed with energy.

"One of these days, I'll find myself a pet witch," grumbled lightly as he wandered nearer. Wards weren't hard to dispel they just took undo time. "At least they seem to be mostly inside," talking to himself they'd wander nearer, avoiding the few wards set on the ground with ease. There was one tacked to the lock of the front door but it'd likely not be triggered as they worked. "Have you heard anything of these two since... their failure to assimilate into adulthood?" Hummed quietly while he set himself before the door and started asking for things that Bart yet held.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 07:04 PM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
N/A
i have hell to raise

’Thorns? More than one is it?’

Bartimaeus turned his head slightly to the man with a subtle shrug of his grin. “Brothers apparently. Though you’d not be surprise at how temperamental they were. Calling them a business, when really they’re just spoiled children wanting a silver platter. The demon sighed in disappointment. They had potential for greater things, and yet they choose to fight something bigger than they were. Pity as it was, he’d not hold back from a little fun. He’d quietly held the bag as the Jinn would pull out everything they needed for their visit. Once finished he’d give the lanky man a nod for his thanks.

‘My pleasure for the both of you.’

The keeper stool still as he’d listen to the small man and let them head out on their own. The archdemon tied the bag shut, and pulled it over his shoulder carrying it. A little ‘hard work’ never bothered in in the slightest when he had to do it. The idea of going to the warehouse sounded appropriate. Bartimaeus, lightly nodded with a smile and waved the Jinn to make his portal as he always did. “Sounds delightful. I prefer not to cause a scene and be caught, so the penthouse sounds like the better choice, wonderful idea Hutton.”

Given the pleasure of walking out first, he’d walk out into the portal and outside the next moment in front of the place of their eventful night. He’d chuckle at the dwarf’s murmur and cocked a brow of interest. “Have you ever thought of a spellbinder? Get a little human and bind him to you and you’d get yourself a little witch. They live longer and can do some tasks for you. I do have a witch in a contract from awhile go, though give it five more years and I can give him a choice to serve you and live or taking his soul and having it tortured.” The things he could do for his employees that he liked were endless. Hutton wasn’t a man to sneeze at despite his size, Bartimaeus knew that well enough.

Avoiding certain wards, the demon would quietly follow behind the Jinn as he did some outside décor on the warehouse. He’d give every item over that he could and held the bag open for easy access as needed for the fae. The question of the two made him smirk, shaking his head. “Haven’t heard a word and I rather keep it that way. If they crossed my domain I’ll know about it I’m sure. I have no time for children that can’t have a civil conversation. What about you? Is there something I should know about that I haven’t already heard?”

Hutton was his spy for information. If there was something new he needed to know, the Jinn would know.
PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 08:55 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

The night was brisk and shuddered him a bit as they wandered nearer the warehouse, his attention flickering to the demon with him as he spoke of these other magical entities. The soft hitch against the corner of his mouth would draw his attention back to Bart, the flicker in his blue eyes might as well have been heated for all the fond trust he showed the other. "Would you? You are much too kind," his tone was chuckled softly. Bart had a penchant for lavishing his friends, those he deemed worthy and while it wasn't a common trait among his kind it was something Hutton knew well enough. A pro to the very many cons that came with binding yourself to an actual creation of Hell. Power tasted all the more sweet when it was handed over of the other's own free will, a notion some people could do well with learning. It was still power all the same, and it took so much less effort, effort better spent on other things, hobbies and frivolous things that treated one better than the clawing after of gifts for those patient and willing enough.

"I have not considered a spellbinder though, no,"

An admission that pondered him softly as they wandered around the building, his well trained nose easily able to pick up the wards splashed haphazardly around. "To be quite honest I don't think I've even ever met one," his frown was a little disheartened as he settled in to draw. A capable artist he was not but he was well enough to draw circles and lines and the occasional swoop as needed. "I must work to rectify this issue, perhaps later," murmured to himself as he worked. They were rare, even more so than his own kind and yet he was sure there were at least a few in the city, if they were a mention on Bart's tongue they were certainly something worth looking into.

"Hmm,"

Another murmured tone as he worked, the small fingers, a pair of them, coated over in blood of some or other animal were smeared along the rough surface of the pavement, overlapping the bottom of the doors as he went, their handles at the center. "I've not, not of them anyway," his tone was soft as he continued, painted and drew and placed the various things in the circles they need be in as he went. Their conversation waning gently as he did so, broken up between work, his train of thought not so easily sidetracked, a benefit of someone who needed such focus to ferret out information and the like. "Hell seems to be restless lately though, or so the whispers say," that hungry behemoth down below, that wasn't below at all but rather just somewhere else. His frown would pause him as his crisp blue eyes glance at Bart.

"I think we're both aware of what that means,"

Another arch. By his count, the only one still locked away--

Minami Yuu.

A languid sigh as he shifted back to work.

"Do you trust him? Justin Warrin."

The incubus' name fell from his lips like poison spat upon the ground. A veritable fuck you if it could have been given and wielded within a singular name.

Hutton clearly did not.

"Do you trust him enough, Bart?"

His point made clear as he took the last ingredient and shooed the arch off a bit lest he find himself rather stuck. The small softly curled chicken's foot was rested where it need be, the whole of the design lighting itself in an acrid smelling purple flame. Flashing to light before it died, the grand mark embedded where it was, fading softly to something almost unnoticeable. Hutton would further this by kicking a bit of dirt over it to cover it further.

"If I were you, I'd tighten the leash a little. At the very least, give him a reason not to bend you over when his precious poppet returns from war,"

His tone was dry as his back turned to the dying embers and half dirtied mark on the ground. Eyes red and soft he'd watch the demon a long moment, hands clasped at his back. Justin might not fuck Bart over, but Yuu held no allegiances beyond Justin himself.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Bartimaeus McLeod
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 12:37 AM
50 posts
puppeted by Yukie
Mr. McLeod
EST he, him
job
species
Demon
group
Hell
sexuality
status
Single
mature
Why yes of course
N/A
i have hell to raise

“I’m aware.”

Bartimaeus didn’t find the need to ask about detail. Hell was sometimes the easiest and complicated thing in the universe. He was aware of who that man was and what he already did. Even though they had the same stance in power, the once old dragon didn’t have a desire to muddy the waters. The city didn’t need a full out war with demons. Let along get any other high power involved, causing death and destruction everywhere. Bart leaned on his cane, holding the bag in his other hand, just watching the small man paint in the questionable blood.

Did he trust him?

A quiet chuckle rolled off his tongue. When it came to dealing with archdemons, he had to keep an eye on who they interacted with. Those they were closer to him regardless of work or otherwise He knew of their connection and felt no need of trust to give any of them. There was business between him and the succubus, and that’s all there ever needed to be. Contracts were made and deals were set, if one were to break it then surely it would be appropriate to punish that wrong doer. After all, he, himself ran the trade that ran throughout the city and country, would be ashamed if someone went low in stock.

No stock, no business.

Bartimaeus McLeod always made sure he wouldn’t be fucked over.

His eyes would shift to Hutton who waited for an answer. Shoulders would shrug with ease as he felt calm. “I never trusted him because of that very reason. Hell is…a rather interesting place when it comes to the terms of Archdemons. Power hungry as we are we’re always careful with each other. Especially with those they are...connected to. I’ve been meaning to chat with him regardless; luckily I ship his supplies in a day or two. I’ll be sure to do some detail work on our agreements. Just to be clear nothing is broken or waved.”

Once spot finished, the demon would patiently follow the Jinn accordingly to the next spot. He didn’t imagine they would be long. “In fact, now that it’s more ‘official’ that he is returning to the surface again, keep an eye and ear out. I’d like to be immediately notified of anything that could break the agreement already set.” There were already ideas Bart had to tighten the reins of their agreement.
PMEmailAIM
^
Hutton Abbott
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 05:43 PM
46 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Hutt/Button
PST he/him/his
job
species
Fae- Jinn
group
sexuality
Gray-pansexual
status
mature
Smh, maybe?
smol shadow

It was all a fairly delicate thing, the inner workings of Hell, and not one the jinn knew well. This in and of itself was a bother for a man who prided himself on the know how to do things, on information, though in order to understand this he'd need to take a trip. A trip that would end his heart and cast him into the same pit that Bart sat within. To be frank, he'd hard pass on that. Instead the jinn would trust Bart to know when and how best to protect himself, something he'd obviously been capable of for some time now.

"I--"

A pause as he finished the rune and gathered things to move on, his tone dipping softly as they rounded the warehouse, his feet carefully avoiding the silly little fickle protections they'd setup and left behind. Primitive. They really ought to get themselves a witch of their own.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he snuck his way into this business,"

Hutton didn't know Yuu well but he knew enough of him not to trust him, not even as far as he could throw him. "Yes, yes, of course." Waved it away almost automatically as they wandered themselves along. "I've already got things set up," nothing would happen that involved the other that he didn't know of. "I would suggest talking to the incubus as well, he is... well, he's far denser and easier to manipulate answers from than his walking cock is. Separately they are little bother, but it's not that that I worry about," together... they were a powerhouse couple. One that was tumultuous and emotionally unstable. As far as Hutton knew Justin could hardly touch himself without the permission of his maker. It would be better for them all to keep an eye on them both, to make sure they didn't get overly close.

At least not as far as business was concerned.

"I've another little bit of intel,"

Setting everything to the side he'd continue to mimic his prior actions against the rear entrance as well, dipping fingers into the cold thick substance before drawing upon the pavement.

"There is another... hmmm, outfit I suppose? I've been assured it won't be an issue, but he-- the ring leader of it, some haughty little dead thing that seems to fancy himself a chameleon, I'm not sure which name is his yet, for certain-- seems to be running girls. It opposes the market's brothel, not that that brings in a lot anyway, but...,"

A soft shrug as he finished and wandered to the next step, pausing to glance at Bart as he wiped his fingers on a kerchief.

"As far as I know, it's nothing Justin knows of or is bothering with," therefor. "It might be something to look into, something outside the incubus. A good fall-back. Though... and this is a bit heavy, our current moment considered, I do believe he's tied to the brothers. So it might be a bit tricky. Still, a possible card up your sleeve if you will,"

Eyes leveling with Bart a moment.

"I'll keep digging, for something solid, but there is more out there of use than Justin and his wife."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Thread!

affs & tags
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom All of Me Fractured The Four Dimensions OCULI VIDENTIUM 

Black Prism ruinandrise UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Shadowplay RPG-D
Tagbox requires separate login. Sign up using the gear below.

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.