| Staff | Member | Guest
PLS NO: plots, tags or adverts in the cbox~

fugu stat
e
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Thread!

Leave The Lights On, @Byron // Geller
Drew Hunter
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 11:40 PM
240 posts
puppeted by Eien
Drew
GMT +1 he/him
job
kitchen help + cabaret singer
species
human
group
n/a
sexuality
bisexual
status
single/shipped
mature
yeah~
I won't compromise, I won't live a life, on my knees. You think I am nothing, I am nothing, you've got something coming, something coming because (We are indigos)
sweet sooty muffin

He grinned. “Better.” And fixed their new friend with a look, beaming. “Pink anything for the prettiest man in the group. Agreed.”

“Small world, indeed.”

His tone echoed the sentiment, their surroundings shifting and his mind suddenly regarding Geller with some unusual interest of a man perhaps out on a mission he actually didn’t have two minutes back. He was a chef, and perhaps he was a particularly gifted one, and at once Drew wanted to be presented with his so-to-speak culinary resume. His shoddy, on and off cooking skills that appeared when the stars aligned and after some heavy sacrifice to the gods were a certain disappointment in the face of basically anyone else, and that Drew considered an actual given. He didn’t doubt that Adie alone could defeat him in a simple dish, though if you regarded his job, it actually didn’t make sense.

But he moved on from that, opening his mouth in an impressed, perhaps over-acted ‘o’ in response, and then shooting Adie an amused look as she laughed, gently jabbing an elbow in her side and saying, “Shuuuuush, it’s really good. Unusual but shuuuuush.” With a glance back at Geller, before it was too late and they’d moved on with other topics, he said, “I actually lowkey dated someone who was into it, well, dated, we--”-fucked, about it-- he waved it off, even obviously dismissive like in this group of adults, lord forbid he said the word fuck. And so he settled, promising with a touch of a smirk and mischief, “You know what, I’ll tell you that story one day. Over pasta and creme brulee. Sound good?” And not at all like a date? Done and deal.

Inside the place, Drew looked at Adie, leaving her to explain the tale while a small corner of his attention stuck him on Geller’s cigarettes. They were a bad habit he wasn’t getting into again, though that didn’t stop his abandoned habit to resurface for a short moment. Drying his mouth with lust he wouldn’t indulge, they distracted him from Adie’s voice, until he glanced at her almost automatically, driven by nothing else but some old habit. There, her expression sunny, his short struggle relaxed, giving out like candlelight against the wind. He grinned back, and bumped their hips. “Naughty. You know we’re a riot together. Ohhh, remember that one time when OH oh my god, I need to tell you something.At once he gripped her shoulder, excitable for a hot moment and sporting that youthful mischief in his eyes that every precocious boy showed seconds before he broke the window. Drew’s grin turned razor sharp. “I’ll totally tell you later. Seriously. You’ll die. Not die die but you’ll be floored. Promise?”

Brightened up with exuberance, he only peripherally registered the spoken Chinese, but his ears, so trained to pick up on foreign languages, quickly turned his thoughts Chinese. Mindset shifting to another, when he glanced at the taller shifter, he smiled. He didn’t know why. It came to him as naturally as did him sticking out his arm to accept one of the bags. They walked out, the park neared, and as Drew listened to her, he grinned, amused. Light shone in his eyes, killing that age of weariness he normally wore on himself. Bursting in a string of chuckles, he echoed, “Oh, Eileen, my daughter.” Which was added for Geller’s benefit. Spiraling out of someone’s way, he added right afterwards, his tone mirthful, “You’re making yourself sound soooo hardcore Adie, but we all know your biggest crime is eating cupcakes wrong. Everyone knows you cut off the top and sandwich it.” His grin turned cheeky. “Duh.”

Although it was true Eileen wanted to ship them for no reason. Although she wanted to ship him with just about anyone. Except for Zane. Though she’d seen him just once, a man in the distance, like a status stood on the spot and watching the figure of her father with a cold look, she’d decided he wasn’t worth a single word. His name, as Drew had discovered, she perpetually refused to use. It was like she feared she summoned him to do his worst. Drew snapped himself out of these thoughts, careful not to hit anyone with the parasol as they crossed the road, and when they finally found themselves on the swarded area of the park, he gladly accepted it, and sat down.

The contents of the bag he’d been carrying were taken out, and lined out in front of them where they couldn’t accidentally topple over. He, Adie and Geller sat in a triangle, and Drew glanced up at Adie upon her question, not sure he should have tagged along. This was beginning to look like some rekindled romance, and the guy you were screwing and the guy you maybe wanted to screw should not meet for a casual encounter. At least Drew wasn’t sure it made sense in the context of how romance usually worked. Not his right to talk, for sure. Leaving Geller to answer her, and not butting in, he contemplated their food, reaching in the bag to search for utensils. He located chopsticks, and handed out a pair to all of them, before fishing for small, plastic spoons and humming along. Then, thoughtful, he asked Adie, “Is this a recruitment mission… Oh.”

Placing the spoon to his lip until it stuck there, he turned to face her, and grinned, wanly.

“Have I tooooold you oh right. Geller, question. Important. Are you ready?”

Mock serious, he looked at the guy, a mischievous twitch in his lips. “So are you okay with minor B&E? You know, I’m absolutely not saying I did anything, but you know, just to make sure, saaaaay, breaking into the ice-cream parlor, if you happened to hear such a story would you want to pick up the phone and call the cops? Asking for a friend.”

His legs tucked to the side and his form leaving heavily on his hand flat over the ground, keeping his torso hoisted, Drew nudged Adie gently in the side with his elbow, and then, without ado, clamped his mouth around her shoulder in a playful bite.

He blew into her hair next.

Laughed.

“Absolutely asking for a friend,” he confirmed, a bright, carefree quality to his tone. Laugh lines sowed his face. “Also, to answer an aaaages old question, I’ve never been to China personally, but I learned Chinese while at school. We had plenty of Chinese classmates actually and I hung around a number and, you know, why not? Learning Chinese on a whim is a pretty regular decision, right? Zhè shì yī zhǒng mírén de yǔyán.

[It's a charming language.]

He waggled his brows, sporting a hooded, amused look.

Right?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 01:48 AM
N/A posts
puppeted by
job
species
group
sexuality
status

"Seems a shame to disappoint her. Destroying her innocent young dreams of making it big as a flower girl." For shame. The fact that Drew had a daughter did come as a bit of a surprise to him when it was pointed out. Geller had made the, apparently misinformed, assumption that Drew was gay. Not that gay men didn't often have children of their own, but they usually didn't have children who wanted them to marry women. So, not gay. He tucked that fact away in the back of his head and re-ordered his assessment of the couple he now found himself with. "How old is she?"

Parasol aged at least. Old enough not to put her own eye out with the pointed end of the thing, but that didn't exactly clear it up. Geller liked kids. It had come as something of a shock to him when he'd met his last girlfriends daughter actually. He'd thought himself rather a confirmed bachelor with no desire for such trappings, but it seemed that he hadn't quite managed to escape all the trappings his family had hoped to heap upon him.

He was easy company as he moved along with them; bag tucked in against himself. Geller wasn't entirely sure what their obsession with cupcakes was all about, a subject that had come up no less than three times now, but he chalked it up to one of those things couples did. Inside jokes and side references that weren't really intended to be fully understood by the people around them. "Not really sure I'm buying the 'we're not troublemakers line' but you gave it a good shot Byrne. Points for effort."

They crossed the street towards the park and he led the others towards a spot near where the chess tables were daily set up by old men with nothing better to do. Prime real estate. Everyone seemed comfortable enough settling themselves in the grass in some very drunken looking version of a triangle. Geller tore open one of the brown paper bags and reached inside to pull out a paper portment tray covered in wax paper. "I'm not sure what the soup is." He admitted. He hadn't realized that was what was in the mysterious second bag that had been handed to them. "But these are amazing."

Pulling off the delicate wax paper revealed rows of small steamed bao buns that had been folded to form something like a taco; the middle stuffed with grilled tortoise, a cabbage based slaw, and sticky orange sauce. He set the box tray between them and took the chopsticks that Drew handed his way. Geller rested the chopsticks on his thigh since he didn't really intend to use them. "It's really better if you eat them with your hands. Dirty hands are especially good. Brings out all the flavor." Of course it did. Because street food and cutlery, even of the stick variety, were never really intended to go together.

The question from Adie was serious turned sweet, but he didn't have a chance to answer before Drew jumped in. The question of recruitment made him chuckle softly. "You missed that part of the regularly scheduled program actually. She gave me the hard sell back at the Market." The question had been addressed to her but he answered it anyway before returning his gaze to Adie. They'd agreed that he would meet Kenzie and consider her offer, but the question of whether he intended to stay was another matter entirely.

"I don't have plans to leave anytime soon." He was going to say more but Drew, with a spoon stuck to his lip?, started talking again. Geller was content to let the matter drop for the moment. There was something very ADHD about Drew and he was comfortable just letting that energy burn around his internal calm. "Pretty sure I'm as ready as I'll ever be." He said as he leaned forward to pull one of the bao buns from where it nestled in the box. No need to be shy around food. He ate as Drew posed this highly suspect and supposedly hypothetical....or was that friendothetical....question. Geller cut a glance towards Adie. "Not troublemakers huh?"

But he shrugged the broad sweep of his shoulders at the question. "I don't mind cops. But when you spend a few decades trying to keep ICE out of your kitchen you tend to get hesitant about them in general. So let's just says, hypothetically, that your 'friends' secret is safe with me." Geller had no idea what this had to do with anything, or if it was just another 'tell you later' comment. Didn't seem to matter much one way or the other as the topic jumped once again; back to China.

He listened to what Drew said with thick brows slightly furrowing. "Was there the answer to an ages old question in that fortune cookie? If so I missed it." Maybe the age old question was : Drew, have you been to China? Or Drew do you speak Mandarin? One of them? Both of them? Anything seemed possible at this point. Rather than answering in Mandarin he stuck to English if for no other reason than the fact that he wasn't sure Adie could actually follow what they were saying. "You should go sometime. You speak it well enough, and it's a good place to get lost for awhile if that's the sort of thing that interests you." Contemplating their earlier conversation though he shook that thought off. "Though I guess with a daughter disappearing into the world probably isn't as likely a plan. So maybe just.....China town until she's old enough for malaria shots."

Somewhere in the midst of their chatter he'd managed to finish off one of the bao tacos. He flicked a glance towards Adie. "So what's the verdict Byrne? Like it, don't like it, want to throw it in the east river and forget it ever happened?" Because of course he would forget that they were nowhere near the east river but the reference would do for now. He reached for a second helping of the small delicacies and grinned at her. Geller assumed that this was not Drew's first time at the turtle rodeo otherwise he would have asked after his as well, but it would seem the man had as much experience with such foods as he did, which put the burden of a verdict squarely on Adeline's shoulders.

^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 06:39 PM
212 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single // Shipped
mature
Ye'h bitch
You were sharp as a knife to get me. You were a wolf in the night to fetch me back. The wishes I’ve made are too vicious to tell. The devil, already he knows me so well.
whiskey wolf

Positioned in a little triangle-ish like shape the trio would settle in the grass with their spoils set in the middle of them for easy reach. Adeline would sit as chopsticks were passed around, shirked by Geller almost immediately as he pulled the wax paper from the top of a little tray set with strange looking little tacos. Boa buns as she'd later come to figure out though she'd never seen them in taco form but, really, anything taco shaped was bound to be good. Without bothering to prep her chopsticks (she couldn't really be fussed, not so much that she agreed that dirty fingers were best for eating, to which her nose would scrunch a little at the other wolf in playful disagreement) the white wolf would pluck a boa-bun-taco from the tray. It'd not make it to her mouth before she frowned at Geller, her attention swung around to Drew with a quiet upturn grin. "It was a good sell," a correction offered with a nod. "Right after I stole his prime blueberries and stuck him with the second string-ers," the edge of her mouth would curl mischievously as blue eyes flicker back to Geller's, still carefully hidden behind pink sunglasses.

"Good." Her smile would turn soft and warm as Geller agreed he'd no plans on leaving, and while it didn't mean anything other than just that it was some sort of comfort that they'd not spend a whirlwind day or two together before one or the other of them fled into the horizon again. It would have been fair of him, seeing as she'd left without word last time but his response was comforting all the same.

Adie ate as Drew seemed to suddenly remember what he had meant to tell them earlier, her first bite would pause mid-chew as he posed a question to Geller, a mock-serious one that quirked her brow in a question her mouth was too full to answer. The grin that traced her face as she finally chewed enough to swallow would shift her to Geller with a soft helpless shrug. "I can't control his bad behavior when I'm not with him," not that she did when she was with him either but she wasn't so quick to make this correction, not as quick about it as her smile was anyway.

Her gaze would flicker back to Drew as he grinned, that grin that spoke too much after this bad behavior, a perpetual thing if anyone were to look at the whole of him. She was no stranger to it either though she also enjoyed the calm and quiet moments in between, wasn't as needy for constant chaos. An argument might be made here against the pack and her position therein but she'd have waved it away with a countering offer of simply some huffed 'pffft, family'. "What did you-- why do you have the naughtiest friends?" There was as much good-natured chiding in her tone as there was the excitement after living vicariously through someone who had so few things to tie him down that he was able to... break into ice cream parlors apparently.

Did she approve of this? Absolutely not. Did she still want the story? Absolutely. Was she even one who could rightly judge him over any of this?

Highly debatable.

Her finger would reach to poke him playfully in the nose as he nibbled on her shoulder, cheek bunching in a soft dimple before she returned to eating.

They'd lapse into China once more, food considered it wasn't a far fetched subject. Geller offering his soft encouraging shoo to go visit this place that Drew spoke of, in several languages. "Cold take a little Eat, Pray, Love vacation. I'd happily watch your little nugget while you're away, finding yourself or whatever it is people even do on proper soul-searching vacations. Spoil her so rotten you'd not even recognize her when you got home," her laugh is soft as she munches happily over the last of her little taco shaped turtle bun, leaning to the side a bit to press her and Drew's shoulders together in a brief mirthful contact. Adeline was sure the one person to readily object to this arrangement would have been Eileen's mother, she seemed nice enough but the she-wolf also doubted the other woman would allow her as stand-in father.

Attention swinging back around to Geller she'd hum a little in thought. "I dunno if it's something I'd go out of my way for, but it's not bad," tone marked with a mirthful laugh her shoulders would shrug a little. "It's fishier than I expected... and not quite chicken? The texture is... odd and slightly off, almost... I dunno, fishy I guess? Flaky, but not even that. Eh, let's just call it turtle-y," her grin widened as she shifted a little, the crease between her brows in the shading of her eyes would move her to fish through her bag, unearthing a glass water bottle she'd set in the grass before digging through a pocket to find what she'd actually been after. Arms flicked out she'd press the obnoxious gold aviators to Drew's face before she returned to dig some more for the even more obnoxious neon yellow-green plastic wayfarer sunglasses she'd fit to her own face.

Who even left the house without at least three pairs of sunglasses anyway?

"There. Better."

A nod as she un-capped her water bottle to take a hearty swig before leaving it in the grass. She trusted everyone had left their cooties at home and really, if they were going to eat little turtle tacos with their dirty fingers in a park they might as well follow it by shared water, right? Picking a second from the little tray she'd eye it a moment. "You know, I'm pretty sure this is really just a ferrying system for this orange sauce, to be honest... of which I am not offended by in the least."

--------------------
user posted image
♥Eien
PMEmailAIM
^
Drew Hunter
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:42 AM
240 posts
puppeted by Eien
Drew
GMT +1 he/him
job
species
human
group
n/a
sexuality
bisexual
status
single/shipped
mature
yeah~
I won't compromise, I won't live a life, on my knees. You think I am nothing, I am nothing, you've got something coming, something coming because (We are indigos)
sweet sooty muffin

“Eileen? She’s eleven. She's turning 12 at the end of May.”

They moved on.

Drew glanced at the buns passed around, actually not sure if he wanted to use his hands. Something about his pristine clean, white picket fence upbringing made him naturally turn up his nose at eating with his hands, and even when he saw that neither Adie nor Geller intended to reject this notion, he kept his chopsticks, almost stubborn at this point; it was either his way or obviously, let it all burn and no buns were getting eaten. Weirdo.

He narrowed his eyes.

“Is that a euphemism?” he asked, with according suspicion, since the lady in question was not a lady. Lips quirking in amusement, he asked, “Something you’ll tell me about later?” When they were alone, doing what they were best at. At least they were half capable of idle conversation between one round and the next, although he’d long discovered that the shifter stamina was nothing he wanted to try to match. He simply was a human. And thus Drew abandoned the thought, even the entire idea of himself and Adie alone together at some point down this week, hearing about Geller’s once-blueberries and Adie’s criminal career. Later. Instead, he squinted his eyes in thought at Geller, tapping the chopsticks over his lips. Huh-huh-huh. So was it safe to talk about the casual B&E around him or--

He scoffed. “As if you’d even try,” he told Adie. Her, correcting his bad behavior? There was none to speak of, actually, as he would swear here by his pink parasol. But ultimately, he didn’t explain. Swept away by the conversation or the not so sudden realization this wasn’t his place to chatter. Perhaps the invitation had been extended, but even as he reluctantly picked up one steamed bun with his chopsticks, he became convinced that he was intruding.

He mock cringed, and replied, his grin toothy, “Pretty sure her mother wouldn’t want her in China actually. Neither has itinerant feet. That’s more of my thing.” The beauty was in getting lost and all the dangers in the world. He slanted a look at Adie then, and addressed her, feeling naughty for his drawl, “Do not spoil my child rotten.” Tease rang in his tone. He poked her with his chopsticks. “Besides you know she’d be too much for you. Precocious and magical. I’m pretty sure she’d try to rope you into playing familiar with her like she did last time. Didn’t she write familiar on your pinky finger and then hold hands with you for an hour?” And not refuse to let go? The memory brightened his features, turning them happy and warm. He lapsed into necessary silence as the two bantered.

Tried the bun, since obviously nibbling on Adie wasn’t permitted, although her very clumsy attempt at describing the turtle flavor had him pausing and grinning, his gaze bright and expectant as though she were sharing the best news he’d hear until the next year. At the end, just like her, he could only chuckle. Duck his head and flush at the cusps of his cheeks, warmed by the sun, and privately delighted. He was looking at the bun in his hand. When she stuck sunglasses on his noses, he said, merry, “Amazing.” And then he finally polished off his first bun, and hummed, approving.

“We live in the world of predators, Adie, you have to be careful who you show your buns to.”

With that easy warning, he leaned in and cheekily bit off a half from her bun, its juicy contents dripping down her fingers and hand as a result and Drew withdrawing with a laugh, burning red as he apologized, “Oh nooo, I got you all dirty. Didn’t think it through.” Still, he beamed, the chopsticks set aside as he reached in his pockets to whip out a small pack of tissues, carried around for the sake of one girl. Carefully, he took one out and offered it to Adie, cringing in sympathy as he saw how the sauce had dripped down her forearms. Gross. If they didn’t have company-- well, no matter. “I’m sorry?” he offered to her, crooning, taking off his sunglasses next as though they were deserved, the right to carry them relinquished when he stole from his friend. The worst.

But it was then, the context of mess, tissues, and why he carried them that flashed his mind to the little girl he’d wandered into the Chinatown for, his phone whipped out from his other pocket and the time checked. Mostly smiles less, his lips in a crooked shape, he said, “Yeaaah, I won’t be able to stick around for too long. Gotta meet Eileen later. I promised her I’d fetch her the umbrella, parasol. Also she’s staying over the weekend so, you know,” he said, quirking a half smile at Adie. His phone was pocketed again. “If you want to be stop by for burned bacon, you know where to find me.” He looked at Geller at that point, thoughtlessly asking, “I suppose you don’t know how to help that, huh? I swear burning bacon should not be that easy but nine times out of ten, I burn that shit. And, of course, my daughter, the sweetheart she is, eats every charcoal piece.”

God pray for her soul.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 05:42 PM
N/A posts
puppeted by
job
species
group
sexuality
status

"So was there a story to go with this hypothetical tale of breaking and entering? Or is that something you're going to tell her about later?" Neither would have surprised him at this point. Drew had started and stopped at least three things with a promise to talk to Adeline about it later. Apparently Geller wasn't as approachable as he thought, or maybe Drew's stories were just of a secret variety that he didn't want draped across the sun drenched span of the park lit as it was with the presence of chess playing old men and the laughter of small children. Perhaps the B&E was coupled with something better told elsewhere and with that wisdom he wouldn't argue.

"No, no, you're right. Turtle-y works." He chuckled at the description because of course what else could it be besides turtle-y? "I think some of the best foods in the world are just vehicles for a sauce of one kind of another. The irish can be proud of potatos all they like Byrne but you and I know they're just a vehicle for cheese, or butter, or salt and rosemary." The smile that spread his too wide lips teased but not in any way that he took too seriously.

Couldn't really bring himself to take it seriously as he sat and watched the nose poking, shoulder biting, bun stealing shenanigans of the two self proclaimed friends. Friends was the title given, but this didn't look to him like any of his friendships. It looked like sex dressed up for a day at the park. In that moment as the two entertained one another he felt like he was watching some rom-com play out before his eyes. It was too bad really, but life was like that sometimes. Ships passing in the night could hardly be blamed for never chancing to be at port at the same time. Those are the breaks.

His gaze had drifted off to watch some of the men playing chess. He could still hear the conversation taking place beside him, but for a moment he let himself get lost in the view. The mens age worn faces intent on their games, hands spotted and creased but diligent as they moved the tiny carved pieces, each game some microcosm of a life. It reminded him of New York in a way, and he thought that perhaps that was why he liked this part of town so much. Because it reminded him of home. When Drew's voice tugged him back from his reverie again he smiled and gave a nod. "You have to start with a cool pan, most people heat the pan first but that fucks it up. Let the bacon sit out until its room temperature, start on a cold pan, then let it cook low and slow. That's the only secret."

When it came to the great mysteries of life he doubted that bacon would rate high for most people, but to Geller such secrets were worth knowing. "It's really easy once you get the patience down. Though I'd hate to deny your daughter, or Byrne here the glory of choking on charcoal. I'll tell you what. If you don't mind listening to some Pack mumbo-jumbo so I can let Adie here finish her -- quite phenomenal -- pitch," The heady descriptor added of course because she seemed so pleased by her earlier performance, and who wouldn't be. "Then I'd be happy to get out of her hair and let her go with you to watch rainbows dance in your daughters eyes when she gets that parasol.

It seemed the most sensible conclusion under the circumstances. Why should Adeline and Drew's business be forever relegated to later when they could do it now, or almost now anyway. Turning his eyes to Adeline he asked, "So where can I find this Alpha? I can meet with him and see what kind of arrangement he's looking for as far as me and mine are concerned. And provided we can get through it without eating each other we can all just move on to pool parties and booze. Wasn't that what you promised? The San Francisco Pack start-up plan?" His smile softened. "Plus...all the jazz fingers of course."
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 06:19 PM
212 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single // Shipped
mature
Ye'h bitch
You were sharp as a knife to get me. You were a wolf in the night to fetch me back. The wishes I’ve made are too vicious to tell. The devil, already he knows me so well.
whiskey wolf

"Totally innocent," as if anything ever was when Adeline was involved. In this case it was, more or less, more the more end of the spectrum, even if her stealing of blueberries did come with some soft flavor of mischief it was inherently innocent beyond that. Mostly. A soft shrug is offered as if to clear any disbelief of the matter. A shrug that would see a quirk of her lips into a smile that was to be completely untrusted for what it was. Tossed off to Drew with a soft quirk of her brow as he questions her ability to correct his bad behavior. All in all it wasn't likely to happen. Pot and the kettle, really, but this minor B&E was concerning and something she'd certainly pry from him at some later date. That it would likely end in little to no reprimand was beyond the point, it was still a story to be had, and she was determined to have it.

Everyone seemed on board with the adjective 'turtle-y' which was a thankful sort of note seeing as she wasn't entirely sure how else to describe it, and if she'd been asked to elaborate on it, it'd likely just be some completely off the wall descriptors that had nothing to do with food at all. Her ability to describe things as other food only had so much stretch, after all. "Mmmm," the note would hum from her throat as she swallowed the bite in her mouth, pondering over the lingering flavors it left behind, it wasn't anything she hated in the least but it was still an oddity she wasn't sure she loved either. "Now I want potatoes," a quiet if not playful pout stretched over her features as she hoisted another little taco bun from the container sat in the middle of them. But of course she did, what good Irish born child could ever shirk her deep rooted love of potatoes?

Blasphemy.

"Wha--," the word wouldn't make it before the food between her fingers was bitten into. Her frown, as chiding as it was, wasn't something that could at all be taken seriously, not as it struggled so much against tipping into a grin. She'd manage it, though only just, the soft frown on her face wasn't the least bit convincing as orange sauce trickled down her forearm and Drew fetched her a tissue. This was likely a good moment to chide her over her inability to use chopsticks, serves her right.The other half of the little bun slid into her mouth she'd set to work chewing and wiping sticky sauce from her arm. "The worst, this is why I can't take you anywhere respectable," as if she went to these said respectable places anyway. Shifting she'd pour a bit of water from her bottle in her other hand to wash the sticky off her arm before drying is with what little of her tissue that wasn't sticky yet.

The pair would speak of bacon and she'd half listen while she cleaned, intent on the notion of Eileen more than how to cook bacon. A soft hum sparked her attention back to Drew as their stint over bacon ended. Her smile was easy as it stretched into something broad and adoringly soft. "I have Sunday off, I'll bring the dog, we'll make an afternoon of it," because what little girl didn't love walking a little dog through the park?! And if there were ever three people who didn't mind choking down charcoal it was Eileen, Adie and a little dog named Pig.

Attention swiveling to Geller, the tissue in her hand crumpled as she offered him a soft almost offended look, again it wavered too far from its intent and too close to amused to be of any real good in this situation. "It was phenomenal. I only offer the best, of both booze and pool parties," stated matter-of-factly and with a soft nod as punctuation before her grin stretched to wrinkle her nose a little. "He owns the garage over on the corner of Market and Ord. Orrrr, we can--" she'd shift then, pulling her blueberries from her bag before digging through its contents for the little tin. A thin card is plucked from its insides, smelling faintly of the cinnamon mints that it had housed before. A simple thing, she'd offer to Geller before tucking everything back into her bag, scrawled over with her name and several numbers for contact-- "plan something else? I can always meet you, and yours, at the pack house. Really there shouldn't be any issues, but just in case... I'm always happy to stand in the middle and glare, very menacingly, at boys who want to throttle each other." Her grin would stretch a bit.

"It is my other, other, other job after all."

Tucking things back into bags and hoisting herself from the ground Adeline's attention would fall to Drew. "If you want a ride, my car's not that far?" Brushing grass from herself she'd pause a moment before reaching over to pluck the pink sunglasses from Geller's face, only to replace them with the too-bright-green ones she was wearing. Adorned back in pink she'd nod in the affirmative. Better. Sweeping forward a soft kiss is pressed to his cheek before she curls around his middle and squeezes. "You can return those the next time I see you," and so there would be a next time, so she deemed it as such. "Better yet, I'll trade you a blueberry muffin for them." Her smile was beaming as she hefted the bag from the ground to sling it across herself, adjusting its weight as needed. Sunglasses for a muffin? Win win.

Attention canting back to Drew as she gathered the bag deemed garbage to deposit along the way, leaving the rest for Geller to tackle and feed to whomever was privy to mystery soup.

"Ride, yay or nay?

--------------------
user posted image
♥Eien
PMEmailAIM
^
Drew Hunter
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 02:15 AM
240 posts
puppeted by Eien
Drew
GMT +1 he/him
job
species
human
group
n/a
sexuality
bisexual
status
single/shipped
mature
yeah~
sweet sooty muffin

He actually had to think about it. Grinned, eventually. And soothed, “Honestly? I can tell you later, Geller, once I’m more comfortable around you. I promise.” There was something a touch contrite and soft in his gaze. Lord forbid someone thought lowly of him-- that someone disliked him, though they would be right for it as he surely was for every instance of self-flagellation. But just then, thinking about it, amusing that potential dislike over a shared secret had him sit tenser in his makeshift seat. Suddenly, or not suddenly at all depending on if you considered the context of his emotions, he wound himself up imagining Geller’s poignant dislike. He pictured them parting ways and the man’s rational hatred for him, born of Drew’s secrecy and teasing with Adie. Surely, this tall shifter could only exit this meeting in hate with him, lame though, and pale, bound to evaporate with the next day as a memory of ever hating met someone with a pink parasol and problems with cooking bacon.

Drew located these irrational, self-victimizing thoughts, and tried to make them scatter. Told himself, as he pressed hand flat over the lovely patch of grass that housed them, that green was real and the grass was real and how it tickled him, how it bend under his palm, that was real too. His clothes were real and the sensations they invoked in him, comfort, were real, too. Realer than that perception of hatred from a man that would be eager to forget his name-- no. Drew commanded the thoughts to scatter, once more, and distracted himself. Ended this angst that he knew to have lame, and unreasonable origins. The two jested about potatoes, and as Drew’s heart skipped a beat, he tightened his hold around the grass, but didn’t tear it. When he let it go, not a single green strand was left to tickle his palm. There was just Adie, the escaped orange sauce, and then Geller explaining how to cook it, after all, making Drew’s brows arch and his lips part in an ‘ah’.

“Ahh… huh, well that sounds incredibly easy.”
He hummed, his lips turned into an upside down smile, an expression of thought. Then, the corner of his lips tilted up. He said, “Ok, thanks, I’ll try and let you know? I’m sure Adie could oh-so-graciously hook us up again.”

Or could she?

He looked at her, with a building grin. “Sounds like a plan, though you know how Emma hates it when Eileen hangs around too many women. It makes me look like a hooker.”

Again.

He was, however, about to raise another point when the topic moved on, and he used it as his opportunity to wolf down another turtle-y bun, as par Adie’s description. The mention of Adie’s current leader, or better her ex-whatever had Drew curling his lips in dismay. Without shame, he shook his head. Right, that man. At least she didn’t wax poetry about him-- wasn’t the type, mind you, and Drew had only heard Adie wax in relation to food, drink, and mischief, but still he mentally celebrated that fact, like he needed to somehow justify that bile of disapproval the mention of Daryl had elicited. Geez, that man just rubbed him fucking wrong. Creep factor, hello. Drew shuddered, but left them to tackle this topic, moving up only automatically as he saw Adie do it. Upright once more, he rubbed his hands to remove any crumbs, bent to collect his parasol, and hummed briefly, before saying, “Yay.” Then he turned to face Geller, and waited for him to get up. He outstretched his hand, to shake the man’s. If Geller accepted the gesture, the handshake would be soft and warm. Not clumsy, but soft, like Drew didn't dare to give the man's hand too tight of a squeeze. Wouldn't dare.

“Hey, it was actually very nice to meet you. It’s really good to see Adie’s got nice people in her life.” His tone stooped to a mischievous drawl, amused. “You know, people who aren’t creeps, sorry Adie, not sorry.” He flashed her a quick, brazen grin, before back at Geller, growing serious as he concluded. “Chat to you another time? I owe you the B&E story. Raincheck for when you next see me. Pop by at Up In Smoke sometimes, I’ll chat to you. And thank you for the food, that was great. Take care.”

With that, and smile coy and impish, something uncharacteristically skittish and gentle in his gaze, Drew bowed his head by a fraction, and was off with Adie, waiting on her and Geller to part ways before they walked home.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 02:38 AM
N/A posts
puppeted by
job
species
group
sexuality
status

"It was a joke Byrne." The smile was soft as he took the card that she offered. "I have no doubts that it'll be smooth as silk." Or something of that nature. At the very least he hoped that they might come to an arrangement. Something that would work for everyone involved whether pleasing or not. Having it be workable was all that mattered in the end really. "I'll drop by later." The location of the garage was noted, fixed somewhere in his mind as a place to be visited, and then he turned his smile towards Drew. "Business all done for the day. I think that lets her off the hook in her other other job." So as promised he would relinquish this snatching of her time so that she could journey forth and watch a young girls eyes light up at the sight of her new parasol. Something not to be missed certainly.

As everyone got to their feet he did the same with a grace that was in his movements if not in the general look of him. Neanderthal that he was Geller moved like someone that should have been smaller, more compact, and beautifully built. He reached for the hand that Drew extended and Geller's hand was a patterned work of callous and scar tissue wrapped in warmth as fingers closed around the other mans hand. "Nice to meet you Drew. Good luck with the parasol." He glanced over at Adie as Drew mentioned her and the set of his smile widened as he nodded his head. "Right back atcha." The handshake was brief and then he turned towards Adie and lowered his head so she could pull the pink glasses off his face.

"They were almost my favorites." He said with a line etching itself into one cheek as his smile twitched. And then she replaced them with the other pair before he could straighten and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Always willing to trade for pastries." Her arms squeezed around his middle and he wrapped his own long limbs around her and gave a smooth rub and pat to her back. "Go on and get out of here. I'm not dying. We'll run into each other again soon, I'm sure." As she and Drew headed away he gave a wave, "Later Drew." And a final farewell to the other member of their once trio.

Then he slid a hand into his back pocket to take out his phone. He dialed the first number on his speed dial and waited as the line rang. It rang once, twice, and then he was greeted by Maya's familiar voice. "Think you can roll that log you call a boyfriend out of bed and come meet me somewhere? We need to go meet with someone." His eyes scanned the park, pausing a moment on the old men playing chess, and again when they spotted Adeline and Drew growing small in the distance. "I'll tell you about it when you get here." He said with a laugh as he gave her his location so that they could all make a trip to the Emerald City to see the Great and Powerful Oz.
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Thread!

affs & tags
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom All of Me Fractured The Four Dimensions OCULI VIDENTIUM 

Black Prism ruinandrise UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Shadowplay RPG-D
Tagbox requires separate login. Sign up using the gear below.

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.