Demisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
A friend's eye is a good mirror.
N/A
Cinapup

It had been a rather long day of digging into books, attending classes, and participating in group projects. Rhys had arrived on campus at 10 AM, but only left after 7 PM. Despite that,
it felt like he had made little to no progress on half the reports he needed to do.

And that damn group project..

Rhys was a team player. He enjoyed working with others and certainly had no qualms about doing his share of the work to make sure that everything went smoothly. Unfortunately, Greg and Sandra appeared bound and determined to make Rhys hate working with others. Between Sandra's complete apathy about the project and Greg's micromanaging every little detail, Rhys was going to go out of his mind.

Whatever. They were almost done with the project at this point, so he ought to only have to deal with them for a few more days at most. He could do that.

That did not mean that he was not going to go ahead and take a break for himself. Running combined with the beach just seemed like the best idea at the moment. So, with that idea, Rhys had driven close to the pack land and pulled up close to the beach before grabbing his MP3 player from his book bag and getting himself as set as he could to start running. He grabbed his phone and shoved that in his pocket before tightening his shoe laces and started towards the beach. As soon as his shoes hit the sand, Rhys started to run.

Well, it was more of a jog.

Everything seemed to be perfect for the jog. The weather was just right, complete with that nice gentle breeze brought on by the ocean. It wasn't so hot that he would be dripping sweat by the end of it, but it wasn't so cold that he needed to start with a jacket on. The clouds seemed to be rather sparse as well, allowing for enough lighting that Rhys could see well enough to avoid running into rocks. Hell, the sound of the waves hitting the shore was calming enough that it even got the young werewolf to turn down his music just a little to make sure he could hear it.

He'd have to start remembering to jog on the beach more often.

@Verse

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
PM
^
Jennifer Mason
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 09:00 AM
12 posts
puppeted by Verse
Raven
Central She/Her
job
Stripper
species
Vampire
group
Vadlit
sexuality
Straight
status
Single
mature
Very much a fiend
N/A
N/A
Lady of the Evening

It was one of those rare nights off for Jennifer. Or Raven as she was called by her stage name. She actually liked the name Raven and chose it because of her hair color. Normally she would go out, find someone to play with, maybe feed, maybe just tease and leave them hanging. If she were willing enough she might even show them the joys of a certain lifestyle that many did not understand. Normally. Tonight was not a normal evening. She didn’t need to feed, as of yet, and she had been sated in other ways earlier in the evening. Oh she could go shopping or stay home and watching something or read, but no, she was a touch restless.

The dark haired woman stood in the middle of her lovely penthouse apartment with her hands on her hips. Crystal green eyes narrowed as she cocked her head to the left in thought. One hand reached up and tapped her lips in thought. With a snap of her fingers she turned on her heel and headed towards her room to change. Though being a vampire afforded her some semblance of being able to stay in shape, she did like going through the motions of taking care of herself. She had a whole room in her penthouse dedicated to yoga and all of those trendy exercises that make their rounds. Tonight though, she was going to go old school. It was a brilliant evening and it would do her some good.

She got changed into a pair of running shorts, sports bra, hoodie, and sneakers. Her hair was put up in a uncharacteristically plain ponytail and she wore no makeup. Once she grabbed her music player, wallet and keys she was out the door and heading towards the beach. It had been a long time since she had taken a run and part of her was curious if it was still as much fun as she had remembered.

The earbuds went in and the music got cranked up. She liked running to the 80s music because it was just so energetic. A small smirk touched her lips as she took off. She started of lightly, but then slowly started to pick up speed. Fortunately she was paying attention, because she did a quick spin to miss the person she almost collided with. In a flash she, spun back around and the earbuds were removed. ”Are you alright, darling? I didn’t clip you did I?”
PM
^
Rhys McDermott
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 10:49 AM
34 posts
puppeted by Dani
Rhys
Eastern He/His
job
Student
species
Shifter
group
Furore
sexuality
Demisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
Cinapup

He managed to jerk himself to the right, stumbling a bit into the waves before laughing as he took his ear buds out, turning to look at her as well. "You ok?" he asked, moving away from the waves that had managed to slap his shoes, making his shoes a magnet for sand. However, he did not seem to look too concerned about that.

He offered a shrug in her direction before shaking his head no. "Nah, I think we both were just surprised to see other people, is all." he snorted. Honestly, the werewolf found the entire situation a bit funny, even if his sock was now wet inside of a shoe.

Once Rhys was sure that the other was all right, he shook his foot a little bit, letting some of the water splash a bit before looking back at her. "Sorry, I know laughing might not be the best reaction. It was just.. perfect." he tried to explain to her. He hoped that the woman would not mind that he had laughed first instead of asking if she was ok. She at least had been kind enough to make sure that he was ok.

After considering his options for a moment, he reached to his arm, where he had the MP3 player in an arm sleeve, to push pause on his music. The earbuds dangled over his shoulders. While he clearly knew what he was doing, it seemed that he had not originally intended to go jogging, which was very true. He stood there in a white t-shirt and jeans.

Who wore jeans to run?

Not Rhys usually.

But the opportunity was there and he was going to take it after the kind of day he had had. "You didn't twist your ankle or anything trying to move out of the way, did you?" he asked, wanting to make sure.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
PM
^
Jennifer Mason
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 01:05 PM
12 posts
puppeted by Verse
Raven
Central She/Her
job
Stripper
species
Vampire
group
Vadlit
sexuality
Straight
status
Single
mature
Very much a fiend
N/A
N/A
Lady of the Evening

The laughter of the young one made her smile in return. She opened her arms wide and looked down at herself. ”I appear to be in good health, so yes, I do believe that makes me fine, darling.” Clear green eyes looked him up and down slowly as if she were making sure he was, indeed, well. A brow arched at his wet shoes and she made a tsking sound. ”Shame about your shoes though.”

”Perhaps but it is always nice to see a new face and possibly make a new friend. Even if I have to nearly run them over to do so.” At least her senses and reactions were heightened enough that she didn’t just plow through him. At the speed she had been going it might have actually knocked him ass over kettle.

Jennifer waved her hand in dismissal. ”As long as no one was injured, it was definitely comical. Who am I kidding even if someone had been injured it would have been comical in a sense. Do you often laugh during these types of situations?” He was a lovely looking creature and she enjoyed the idea of just looking at him for a time period.

She pointed to his jeans. ”Were you not planning on the run? Though I do admit it’s unusual to see someone in denim, the look seems to suit you.” Pity the jeans hadn’t gotten wet, that would have been a lovely sight to behold. Nothing like clinging material to enhance the beauty of a person’s body.

It was her turn to laugh. Her head fell back and the laugh rang out in the clear night. ”Oh no, darling, not in the slightest. My ankles, as well as the rest of me, is just fine. Thank you for your concern. Do you drink?”
PM
^
Rhys McDermott
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 05:29 PM
34 posts
puppeted by Dani
Rhys
Eastern He/His
job
Student
species
Shifter
group
Furore
sexuality
Demisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
Cinapup

Hearing that the other runner was fine made him relax just a little. It was even better that she seemed to have a good sense of humor about the entire situation. It was always better when people had a sense of humor.Both eyebrows went up at her comment before briefly glancing down towards his shoes. "Eh, shoes were meant to be worn, not meant to be perfect." he answered, which was true enough. Yeah, it would suck if he had to go and buy new shoes over it, but that was life.

However, he still shook his foot again, letting the drops of water hit the water and sand around him again.

Once his attention got pulled from his shoe and back at the woman, he smiled again and nodded, "That is certainly true enough. Always enjoy meeting new people, especially if they have a good sense of humor." he admitted. It was certainly true enough. Rhys would talk to anyone, especially if they needed to have someone listen. However, it was always easier to talk with someone who had an ability to laugh at themselves in situations like this.

"I mean, so long as the person isn't severely injured, then yeah. I guess. I find it better to just laugh things off. I dunno, seems a bit too much effort to just hold on to bitterness too much. It turns people ugly, you know?" he tried to explain to her. Personal experience showed him that.

At her next question he had to look down and check what he was wearing before shaking his head no. "Not really. I was just planning on going to class, then go home.. but you know, always feel better when you go for a run than if you just stayed still. Feel like its better for the temper at least." he tried to explain. "But, yeah, no, I wasn't planning on it." he admitted before looking down at his clothes again. It did not seem to bother him too much that he was actually out running in his jeans instead of what he usually wore."Thanks! Your outfit doesn't look too bad either." he tried, flashing a smile.

Come to think of it, he probably ought to text someone in the pack house to let them know where he was.

Oops.

For a moment, he thought about pulling his phone out to send a quick text message. He started to reach into his pocket for his phone when she started answering him. He pulled up his messenger before nodding his head and looking up. "Good. I'm glad that you're ok then. And yeah, I drink. Just not a lot. Why?" he asked, tilting his head a bit to the side as he glanced around the empty beach. It seemed like an odd enough question to ask considering where they were.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
PM
^
Jennifer Mason
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 06:09 PM
12 posts
puppeted by Verse
Raven
Central She/Her
job
Stripper
species
Vampire
group
Vadlit
sexuality
Straight
status
Single
mature
Very much a fiend
N/A
N/A
Lady of the Evening

Jennifer made a mock scoffing sound and put her hand to her heart. ”Don’t ever say that where Jimmy and Manolo can hear you. Some shoes were meant to be perfect. Though perhaps you should match them. Wouldn’t want the dry one to make fun of the wet one would we?” The humor was alive in her voice and in her eyes as she joked with him. She adored shoes though she had ones that it didn’t matter if they got ruined and ones she would got into a rage if they even got the slightest scuff on them.

”Ah yes, a good sense of humor is so hard to find these days. I’m glad you have one as well, it makes it difficult if one has to tread so lightly around another.” It was so much more enjoyable if the other person knew how to laugh at themselves and a situation. Don’t get her wrong, she knew how to do that, but she also knew that there were days when the wrong thing that would normally make her laugh might put her in a bit of a mood. It wasn’t always fun when she was in a mood so she tried to avoid it when necessary.

”Hmm, I suppose it is true. Though I will never be opposed to a good rage in order to get things out into the open. Then I’d laugh about it later. Though holding a grudge isn’t always as fun as it would seem and after a bit you are the one that just likes the bitter hag. So I do see your point, though laughter is not always the right response.” Then again violence probably wasn’t either but what did she care? Sometimes it was the only way to get the point across when they don’t seem to want to learn by any other means.

Both hands went on either side of her waist. ”So you do have a temper, hm? Would you care to talk about it? I’m a good listener, I’ve had quite a bit of practice at it. Perhaps we can come up with some less humorous means of dealing with your problems. Even if you won’t enact on them.” Sometimes it was just lovely to talk about how you were going to destroy a person even if you aren’t ever going to do it. It didn’t mean you couldn’t think about it, talk about it, plan it, and then laugh about it.

Crystal green eyes glanced around as he had done and she smiled back at him. ”Because what is the fun of having a jogging partner if you don’t stop for a drink after, at least at night, or coffee in the morning?” She moved so that she was standing next to him. ”Unless you object about running together and talking about your temper issues after?”
PM
^
Rhys McDermott
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 09:37 AM
34 posts
puppeted by Dani
Rhys
Eastern He/His
job
Student
species
Shifter
group
Furore
sexuality
Demisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
Cinapup

'I mean, I guess if you really love your shoes, that is a fair enough point." he explained, thinking about it before shaking his head. "But I can say that that is certainly not my outlook on shoes." he shrugged. Then again, this was a person who bought their shoes at Wal-Mart or Payless shoes and never branched out to more expensive shoes.

At her suggestion of making the two shoes match, he looked down at the water as if considering her words before making a bit of a face. "Might pass if only because I hate the feeling of wet socks." he snorted.

With that, he took a few steps outside to move himself from the possible onslaught of waves, deciding to stick his tongue out at the ocean. He looked back at the woman, tilting his head to the side as he listened. Some people had a temper, that was something that he was well aware of.

While he certainly was not a fan of tempers, he had seen enough in a pack. It had taught him not all temper or anger was bad. Some just needed to get something off their chest and that was the end of it. Others felt like the needed to fight to get their anger out and fight the person causing it. In packs, it seemed that mostly happened when two hot headed individuals got in a disagreement. Then there were others who just wanted to hurt others when they were angry.

When asked about his temper, he shook his head a bit and shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I don't really think I have a temper?" he admitted, though sounded unsure. "Never really fought or argued with others before." he explained.

That wasn't to say he did not get angry. Most of the time, he just tried to avoid what it was that got him angry, or just ran it out, or did some other work out. It was better most of the time than just shouting at others or fighting. Music and scooting off while keeping everything inside.

Had to be healthy, right?

"I mean, that is a fair enough point. My name is Rhys, by the way." he tried, offering a smile as he walked towards her with his hand out. It seemed like a good time to go ahead and introduce himself. "I don't mind running together. Don't know if I have much to talk about, with my temper, but we can still talk." he smiled.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
PM
^
Jennifer Mason
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 12:57 PM
12 posts
puppeted by Verse
Raven
Central She/Her
job
Stripper
species
Vampire
group
Vadlit
sexuality
Straight
status
Single
mature
Very much a fiend
N/A
N/A
Lady of the Evening

”There are some shoes of mine that I would kill to protect. So yes, I do love my shoes. They mean more than family.” Jennifer’s tone was so solemn and serious that one might actually thought she would have meant it. Yes, she had her favorite shoes but she wasn’t that psychotic about them. At least not yet, though she still had centuries to develop that psychosis. The vampire tsk’d teasingly and looked oh so disappointed in him. The smile quickly replaced the look of disappointment and she gave him a look of approval. ”There is nothing wrong with being a minimalist.”

”I will agree with that assessment about the wet socks. Though you could always just take the socks off and put the shoes back on. That would take too much time and effort though.” The idea amused her and she almost wanted to try to compel him to do so but he seemed sweet and as much as she loved to play, she also had a soft spot for innocence. He had that innocent air about him and she wanted to protect it, the squishy little cutie.

”Everyone has a temper, darling. Some are just better at hiding it or masking it within themselves.” Her eyes narrowed a bit as she studied him. ”My innocent little squishy has never had any kind of fight or argument? Sometimes it can be therapeutic.” Not that she was condoning flat out violence, but every now and then it was good to blow off steam in such a manner.

She shook his hand. ”I’m Jennifer, Jen, Jenny, some know me as Raven, whichever you prefer, darling.” Bram called her Raven as did most others at the club. Outside of that she went by whichever naming options a person took. ”Then let us run together. Oh I’m sure that I can handle your temper in order to have a conversation with you.” She arched a brow. ”You never answered about the drink.”
PM
^

Topic Options
Fast Reply
New Thread!

affs & tags
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom All of Me Fractured The Four Dimensions OCULI VIDENTIUM 

Black Prism ACTA ruinandrise UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Shadowplay RPG-D
Tagbox requires separate login. Sign up using the gear below.

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.