| Staff | Member | Guest
NO: plotting, tagging or advertising in cbox

fugu stat
e
Welcome to fugue state!

We're a premium, no WC, 18+ supernatural site set in San Francisco, California. Please register first & last in proper case. If you have any questions poke our cbox or contact a staff member and we'll get back to you ASAP!~

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
New Thread!

Leave The Lights On, @Byron // Geller
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 01:17 AM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
You were sharp as a knife to get me. You were a wolf in the night to fetch me back. The wishes I’ve made are too vicious to tell. The devil, already he knows me so well.
whiskey wolf

"Stop fondling those blueberries. They won't call you back,"

It was her job.

A lie. it wasn't in her job description to flirt, but what the tongue lent itself so easily to, she'd not fight, and who was she to anyway? It was all in good fun, the playful sort that would prop her beside the other wolf and lean her bent elbow on his shoulder like she were not only friend but also preening herself for some well versed haggling. She absolutely was. Blue eyes set on the man behind the stand as he stood rather dumb founded in that moment, the sunglasses perched on her nose were pulled off and slid into her hair. Not like she needed this reveal for the tall bushy-browed wolf beside her to know who she was. Adeline Byrne was no Clark Kent, and Charles Geller was no Lois Lane.

"I'll give ya ten more bucks for those berries,"

And so it would begin.

"I've got more ber--"

"C'mon Jerry, you know who this is, yeah?" He didn't look like he did. 'Well. Let's just say, if he picked those berries, those are the ones I want."

"They're all the sa--"

"Jerry. Ten more bucks... for damned berries?"

"I--"

"He's probably goin' to use them for something weird anyway, like compote. Maybe some of that new foam shit all the kids are raving about," her gaze is tossed sideways but it'd not linger longer than it took the knowing smile to spread across her face and a single lid to shut itself in an easy wink. Attention sliding back to the berry owner as she moved to lean on the front of his kiosk all intent upon these berries she so suddenly needed. Didn't, but where was the fun in awkward small talk? "I'm making muffins with them." Brows would bob slightly as her head canted ever so slightly to one side. "Muffins, Jerry. Tell ya what. I'll bring you one? Three? A dozen?" A dozen seemed to be the clincher on this deal, the man's face growing rather contrite as his gaze flickered to the wolf beside the Irishwoman.

"This isn't usually how I do business...,"

"Oh, it's fine, he's a good sport. He's probably just going to smash them all anyway," her lean is invasive and lacking in every shame as she squeezes a few of the berries from the myriad of other little baskets sat on the table. A few tossed back before one is popped between her teeth and a nod given a few seconds later. "Those ones should do fine for smashing," the white wolf was entirely sure the ones Jerry was holding were no different than the rest and yet, she wanted those ones. A soft lean would fish her wallet from the bag on her shoulder before cash enough for both is handed to the man with a grin. A hand is waved to stop him as he protested. "No, no. I'm tying him with second rate berries, it's the least I can do, right?" He seemed unsure about this but she'd hurry him right along before re-fitting her sunglasses on her nose and Jerry with a soft smile and a murmured 'thanks Jerry'.

Turning on her heel she'd shift, her tone soft as it drifted over her shoulder to drag the other along with her, as good as any forceful hand hold and tug along. "You're an easy man to find, Geller." Her smile is easy and soft, gaze sliding sideways to peer at him from the safety of her shade. And he was, not at all because he was ridiculously tall and adorned with distinctive features but rather because the impression of him in her mind was as crisp as that rain had been all those years ago. And because when his name had come across her figurative desk as a mark to track down, a rogue, his name was as familiar as his face was in her mind. A little digging and low and behold, chef Geller was now resident of this fine city of hers.

The world was a very small oyster indeed.

This hadn't been her reason for coming here, she wasn't a stalker, but that didn't matter much as the moment her wandering had brought her close enough to pick up scent. Wolf whispered in her ears and not one she knew, it was only a matter of time before curiosity baited her. And here they were, entrenched in the farmer's market, herded around like cattle to pick their favorite grazing material. "if you actually need these, I might be persuaded to trade. I'd hate for your grand opening to offer second rate berries. But do feel absolutely free to name me in a disclaimer about the let down if you'd rather keep what you've got," her smile would turn impish as she eyed him a moment longer, shoulder bumped by a few people passing by, nothing that seemed to phase her in the least, attention remained the other wolf she wandered beside.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 10:12 PM
22 posts
puppeted by Byron
Geller
cst he/him
job
Chef
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one's life.
N/A
The Chef

There was a carrot stuck behind his ear with the green fronds pointing backwards, and a bag full of goodies slung over one arm. In front of him Geller was perusing a rather delicious looking basket of blueberries. He was thinking they would make a lovely compote for something on the brunch menu. Crepes? Probably. "Do you..." He was about to ask about setting up a once a week delivery when another voice cut in. The voice was familiar and his full lips were tugging into a smile he tried to repress before he even lifted his head to eye the woman coming towards him.

"They never do."

As she spoke to the man behind the stall who was blinking at them in confusion Geller looked at the man's name tag. Jerry. Jerry the Berry Guy. So it was. "Be careful Jerry. I have it on good authority that this woman is a Russian spy here to drive up the fair market value of berries." He inserted his two cents in a way that just made poor Jerry look all the more befuddled about what he had just stepped into the middle of.

"Hey!" He said with sharp condemnation that softened as he turned to look at her. "I was definitely going to use them for a compote." Eyes a blackened silver whorl of playfulness looked back at Jerry. "See what I mean? Spies." Arms were crossed over his chest with an expression of utter disapproval writ large over his features. "Don't do it Jerry. Be a patriot." But it seemed that Jerry was no patriot. Muffins had won the day.

When Jerry spoke apologetically he gave a casual shrug of broad shoulders. "Hey, I can't compete with a gorgeous blonde offering pastries. Story of my life." He plucked one of the berries from the small basket that was about to be handed over to Adie and popped it into his mouth. "Defeat tastes surprisingly sweet."

Finding himself tugged along in the wake of this berry stealing vixen, nay wolf, had an easy smile lapsing over his face. "Probably helps that I'm not trying to hide." His arm twisted in her grasp and coiled a hand around her elbow to tug her back towards him. "Get in here Byrne." He tugged her right into the curve of his arms for a hug that was as warm and comfortable as he remembered. It was not a prolonged thing, but one given with a genuine sort of affection before he pulled back. Hands smoothed back the fine strands of her hair as he looked her right in the eyes over the rim of those dark glasses she wore so coyly. The sight made the corners of his oversized lips curl into a smile again. "You look good Byrne."

An arm was set casually and just a little protectively around her shoulders as they continued on their way to nowhere in particular. "Nah, you keep the berries. I can take defeat like a gentleman. Besides, how are you going to send me some of those muffins if I take your berries? No, no, that would be tragic." There was a beat between words where they walked in silence, and his mind was working over their once brief acquaintance. A single night, a bar in the Pacific North West, and some really good dancing. It was enough to make him fond in this moment of seeing her again, but not enough to give him much insight into the life of the woman at his side.

So he asked the only question that was suited to such a casual acquaintance. "So what brings you to San Francisco Adie? Not that I wouldn't love to find out you've been stalking me since I last saw you, but I don't have quite that high an opinion of myself." He glanced sidelong at her and asked the one other thing that he knew of her. "Dylan?" The name was turned into a question that could be deciphered in whatever way she might wish. Was Dylan here with her? Had she come here with him? Were they still together? Or, if she preferred to ignore the one word question he would accept that as well.
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 04:56 PM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
You were sharp as a knife to get me. You were a wolf in the night to fetch me back. The wishes I’ve made are too vicious to tell. The devil, already he knows me so well.
whiskey wolf

Jerry was felled by muffins and by the look on his face it wasn't likely the first time this had ever happen to the poor man. Knowing Adeline it also wouldn't be the last either. As with anyone plied with promise of pastries he didn't look too fussed over it, chuckling along as their berries were tucked into paper bags and handed off. Mattered little that he had no idea what they were even talking about, their stories far fetched in his eyes and yet, he was a good enough sport to allow them their time to shine. A bright golden grin is offered to the wolf beside her as he tosses his thoughts of loss at her, always the equally good sport he was, she'd continue to find no fault in him as they peeled themselves away, whatever Geller had been about to ask the other man was likely something that could be done over the phone anyway and while Adeline wasn't above standing and waiting for it to happen in the here and now, the other wolf would offer her no resistance as she tugged them right along and into the throng of people.

"It does help, thank you for that," the grin that spreads over her face is lopsided before the little blonde was tugged into a hug she'd do nothing to fight against. The brief interaction between was something warm and lightly clinging, the sort that always dug in fingers lightly and nuzzled cheeks in a welcome home sort of greeting as if it weren't walls or time or even the moment that they shared as theirs so much as that lingering affection that stood between encircled arms. There for only a moment, and she'd only complain over the absence of rain in the wash of wolfish smell that wrapped tightly around her. That cool scent, damp pavement and its dampened earthy sister that was always right behind it.

The corner of her mouth would quirk lightly. "And you look...," the Irishwoman would grow thoughtful as she stood and pondered his presence in that very moment. "Just as I remember. Stupidly tall, ridiculously good looking, and I'll dare to say, well fitted for this place." The stretch of her smile was honest and warm as the easy reunion was just that, an easy sort of comfort, the sort that wasn't surprising or overwhelming. That hooked an arm around his waist as he did her shoulders and wandered them on like they'd not been parted for years but rather the few minutes it'd taken one of them to round a car and fit themselves against the other.

Her laugh was light and just as easy as the white wolf made mental note to make enough muffins to feed not one but two armies. The warmth on her face would build slightly as he questioned her and then immediately yo-yo the opposite direction as he furthered that question after the third wolf that was missing. "Long gone," it should have been heavy from her tongue. Wasn't. Instead it fell softly and with some soft shrug that lifted the brace he held of her shoulder. "Last I heard from him, he was headed back south, Louisiana, I think?" There was still nothing heavy of her tone though the disgust in her voice was clear,not over Dylan so much as the mention of the south in general, not her cup of tea, but to each their own she supposed. It was his home, such a shining example was he of 'you can take the boy out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the boy' that it was a wonder he'd ever lasted out out west to begin with.

He'd tried anyway.

"Don't be silly, of course I've been stalking you," the smile on her face so easily wrapped around her words it would have come as a surprise if they'd ever been properly separated for longer than a minute. The arm wrapped around his waist tightened softly in an affectionate squeeze as they wandered, her gaze on the stalls of produce they passed as they wandered. "Been here for about fifteen years?" A soft nod to confirm this is given as steps settle into an equal banter of their own, tone conversational, she'd continue-- "And you're here, obviously, to cook me that dinner you never got around to," because fleeing an overprotective watchman through the warm spring rain to dance in a street to music from a phone was far more important than slaving away over a stove.

"So, color me surprised when your name slid across my omega desk the other day," a pleasant one if her tone was anything to go by. "Well, you and your kitchen wolves," if she were being fair his was the only one she recognized. A physical hand-wave is given as she returns her sidelong glance to the wolf she was tethered to. "Though I figured I'd give you enough time to settle your kitchen... yanno, so I got something out of it beyond the sheer joy of spitting my pack conversion credenda at you,"

Her gin is wide and touted about for all its playful edge.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 12:10 AM
22 posts
puppeted by Byron
Geller
cst he/him
job
Chef
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one's life.
N/A
The Chef

"Well you got the stupidly tall part right I suppose. Though stupidly? Really. Fifty cents at least for throwing that rogue adjective around." A grin splashed across his features as he crinkled his nose in mock distaste that was anything but. "As for the rest....I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your eyesight Byrne." It wasn't just false modesty on his part or even a juvenile form of self deprecation. Geller knew himself well enough including the him that he saw in the mirror to know that any beautiful blonde calling him ridiculously good looking was either going blind or wanted something. The first would be sad. The second made him curious.

Glancing down at his flip flops he gave a little wiggle of his bare toes. "I have to admit I could get used to the climate. Compared to the city or London...it's a fucking paradise." His arm looped together with hers as he started them off again towards nowhere in particular and not even in a hurry to get there. "Don't get me wrong. I'd chuck it all away on a whim if Laz told me we had room for an opening on Kauai or Ibiza....but...for now it'll do."

He did fit into this place well and wouldn't even try to deny it. But the fact was that Geller could pretty much sync in with any damn place on Earth you dropped him into. It was just one of those things. "I used to live in L.A. Did I ever tell you that?" A curious raise of a brow as he glanced her way. "No, probably not. Wasn't much time between the dancing and the strolls through the rain. But L.A. it was and despite the sewage and the smog I really did like it. Similar here, but different. Might take up surfing again though. Get some of those crisp morning curls up this way."

He spoke easily and freely with little worry that she would find it taxing. If there was anyone who could keep up with his general spirit of yackety yack she was....one of them. As she answered his question he nodded and gave the obligatory, "Sorry to hear that." When it came to Dylan he wasn't so much sorry that the man was in the rear view as he was sorry for the pain that must have caused Adeline. Didn't know her well in any real intimate sense, but well enough to know that she'd been pretty head over bottom bits for the guy.

"Well then I must've wished on a lucky star."

What man wouldn't feel lucky to be stalked by Adeline Byrne?

Her arm looped around his waist and he obliged by settling his own long arm around the curve of her delicate shoulders. Tugging her into him he kissed the baby soft hair above her temple. "Was I going to cook you dinner?" The question was asked with a light bit of jest as if he wondered at himself offering to do such a strange thing. Geller? Cook for someone? Hell you say. "Cooking for a drop dead gorgeous blonde? Nope, doesn't sound like me at all. Totally not my M.O. I usually just drive a woman through McDonalds and hope she calls me in the morning. Unlike the blueberries of no calling. Clearly they have better taste."

Then she let the proverbial other shoe drop. It hit the floor like a bad joke and he made a soft 'ohhhh' sound with lips curled into a shape that matched the sound. So that was what all this was about. Eyes glanced sidelong at her as the right side of his oversized mouth curled inward daring a line into one cheek with that crooked grin. "So you're the first line of defense huh?" It changed things. Somewhat. Knowing that the reason she was here was something of a recruitment nature. The recruitment part he was more than used to. The person who came to talk business being someone he remembered so fondly was a new one on him.

"Welllllll...." The word was dragged out as he tried to think of how to put a merry spin on the festivities. "At least I know your Alpha has good taste and isn't a total dumb fuck. I mean, he knows how to set the bait well enough." If bait she was did be and it suddenly seemed very much written that way then he wouldn't deny the fact that she was a good choice for such a job. Not that he doubted any other skills she might lend to the position, but in this one sense the value wasn't exactly unrecognizable.

"No kitchen wolves to speak of though. A bartending wolf. One. But beyond that you'll have to check your list again. I mean, you can run the names past me if you want but most of the guys in my kitchen aren't of the lupine variety. Animals nonetheless but you should know as well as I do that not all animals howl at the moon."

Stopping in his tracks his arm slid down from her shoulders as he turned to face her. Curled fingers tucked beneath her chin and lifted her head so that she was looking up into his eyes. Then he gave himself a little shake like he was prepping for something important. "Okay, let's just get this part over with. Here and now. You lay the full court press on me -- that way it's out of your system.....and then I can buy you lunch or something." Oversized mouth curled into a cheshire grin as he gave a jaunty little bounce of those decidedly shaggy brows.

"Lemme have it Byrne. Your best, most convincing spiel."
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 03:25 PM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

Bemused. The Irishwoman looked it for all of a handful of seconds, long enough to color her point in its quiet drape. "Yes, stupidly. Because no one should be allowed to be that tall," though she grinned it was more a faint reminder that she could muster it at all, rather than something that dictated her serious or not. Because she sounded serious. Entirely convinced to this end. "Everyone should be forced to breathe this same smoggy air that's down here. It's really not fair at all." Her bemusement would return, slightly sardonic at its edges this go around, gaze sweeping from his over-sized features to the world around them in an unwillingness to either confirm or deny her waning eyesight. Charles Geller wasn't traditionally attractive, but that certainly didn't mean he wasn't at all and while she knew most men hated the adjective, she'd not have hesitated to describe him as adorable, to anyone who asked.

He was, for all his ridiculous height and clean breathable air, a very sweet-natured man, the smugness that should have come with that extra (and entirely unneeded) foot was decidedly absent. It was a notion in him that was easy to find in the definition of gentled laugh lines and the stark sparkle in his eyes as he combated her like they weren't talking but rather jousting, one looking for a weakness to fell the other, though to what end had yet to be unfurled.

Soon though.

"Would you?"

Brows rise as she eyes him skeptically for a moment longer than was necessary, trying to determine if he spoke the truth before he confirmed or denied it. Would offer him a quaint smile that didn't do much of anything for her playful tongue. "I should be offended. You only just got here. You only just re-found me, I can't even imagine what Kauai or Ibiza has over either of those things." Her laughter is soft as an arm is looped through his own and the pair of them are tethered close, her feet wandering nearer an entity that, for all his unknown facts, was still familiar in an almost familial way. Almost. The soft thoughtful hum from her throat would be joined with a shake of her head in agreement that he'd not talked to her about L.A. in the short stint they'd known of each other before this.

The ease in which he spoke was something just as easy for her to listen to, the chatter, this fluid banter they had was more indicative of long time friends than it was a pair of naughty wolves who'd shirked her guard dog to wreak havoc on a small town in some rain-infested part of Washington. Re-situating herself around his waist, they'd paint themselves as something far more intimate than fast friends who knew next to nothing of each other beyond the stern look of disapproval from one man before the other whisked an Irishwoman from her station behind a bar and off into the night. And the smell of rain wet pavement. "Well, if that's your M.O.... it's a wonder any of them ever call you back," the curl of her mouth was as playful as the soft lean against his side was, a thing that'd not displace their feet in the slightest but had ever soft intention to tease against just that.

"We're a well oiled machine,"

Her tone was anything but serious as she spoke of the rag-tag group of wolves, and their bear. They were anything but. It was a typical things for packs, the disorder of so many personalities all crammed together and made to live and work and fight together. And there was a lot of fighting, there always was, those soft bickering fights over the remote and what they were having for dinner. Typical family feuds. She'd not deny that she was their best poster-child, all friendly smiles and affection, the submissive of their group and the one who posed the least threat.

Really, who could ever resist?

She'd listen to him as he spoke of his kitchen and then so suddenly they were halted, arms falling away as they were placed in positions, the white's chin canted easily as he shook himself off and readied for some grand speech. One she didn't really have, though her gaze would soften and warm as she watched him ready for the firing squad as it were. "No pressure, eh?" Her laugh was soft, the lines beside her eyes delicate and jovial. "I usually do this with my wing-man, whiskey--" a soft gesture to cease fire before they even began-- "We're a good pack, familial and warm, all-inclusive and with none of that Washington bullshit we dealt with all those years ago," no egging of cars and the like, no cross-pack bickering and internal conflicts. "You really don't have to join, our protection, help and group runs are offered regardless. We'll keep an eye on you whether or not you do. Wolves are wolves are wolves, we've gotta look after our own, yeah?" Her smile was warm as it slowly curled into place, dimpling cheeks and shining her eyes gently.

"And they have me, so obviously... all our holiday parties are incredibly boozey and nothing but trouble. Win win, in my very humble opinion." The laugh that came next was sweet and borderline giggled in its need to shake her shoulders and lift her chin in some proud manner that saw her next, fanning out her invisible skirt to bend herself into a curtsy that was neither very her or very fluid. Elegant and graceful she'd never really been.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 04:53 AM
22 posts
puppeted by Byron
Geller
cst he/him
job
Chef
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
The Chef

"Don't be offended Byrne. Not when I can just whisk you away with me to some place soaked in salt water and white sand beaches. Never dreaming of winter." They walked and he mused on that. As much jest as it was a curious picture of some other persons life. "You can learn to make grass skirts for the tourists and I'll sell coconuts that I crack open with a machete so people can drink them. We'll never wear shoes. And we'll live in a little shack on the beach with our beautiful children swimming like seals almost before they can walk." The jovial duty of spinning out this fantasy had light dancing in his eyes and mirrored in the lift of his grin. "Not a bad way to go."

It wouldn't be.

Not for him anyway.

But they weren't in Ibiza. And as sweet as their first meeting had been there had certainly been nothing to wage a happily ever after on. However this, what was happening in the San Francisco of right now, was perfectly apt as a next step in what their time together had been. Him waiting for her spiel, and her grinning into the pressure of giving it. As he knew she would. That smile a captivating thing that must be addictive in the giving for she wore it so often and so well.

Hands sank into the pockets of his worn loose jeans as he listened to her. Head giving the occasional nod of encouragement that she most certainly didn't need. Then when she finished he opened his mouth to reply before dissolving into a chuckle that rolled like gravel. "Did anyone ever tell you that you'd suck as a journalist Byrne." All smiles and happy intent as he reached up and for just a second pressed the pad of his thumb to the curve of her chin. "You should always talk about the parties first. Don't bury the lead."

Taking hold of her arm again he pulled her in to his side as he set them in motion yet again. It was easy to settle his arm across her shoulders again and he enjoyed the fit of it there. "I dunno Byrne. I mean...for you...I would be willing to meet this Alpha of yours and take the measure of him. But I have to tell you that....despite my very eager desire to please you in all things...I am not a man who plays well with others when it comes to this stuff." The natural dominance of both man and beast a possessive streak that longed to do what they wanted when they wanted and had never been good at answering to anyone.

Well....almost never.

There had been a few.

But there was pure truth in his offer to at least meet the man. To see if he who wore the mantle was someone that Geller was willing to bow head or bear neck to. He was stubborn but he was wise enough to know that there were many secrets in the wide world. After all, he'd spent almost a decade in Ash's pack and never had found the equal of that man as a leader. But there was always a chance. Always something worth checking out.

Geller was steering them along now. No longer the ambling wander of people with nowhere to go. Because he had said lunch, and though she had not expressly agreed that was where he was leading her. Somewhere he'd been wanting to check out. "I don't know if I so much need the looking after part. But if your friendship is something I can have without signing my life away then I'd be happy to have it." He glanced sidelong at her and smiled. "Though I'll admit. You do have all the earmarks of a dame a man could sign away his life for. Not for nothin." That all too New York colloquialism draped over the end of the statement.

His head turned away then. Looking between the stalls at something on the nearby street. Then his arm left her shoulders and grasped her hand. He turned to the right and picked up the pace of his stride so she could speed up along with him. "Come on Byrne. We're gonna miss it." They were jogging then. Him holding her hand and pulling her along as he started into a slow run towards the street. What they were going to miss he hadn't said, and she didn't yet know, but the moment of running without knowing of it all made him laugh into the breeze that rushed past them.

They passed the last of the stands and burst onto the sidewalk without stopping and Geller pulled her right into the street where a streetcar was just ahead of them. Trundling it's path along towards the next downhill slope. And he was laughing again as he burst forward and took a leap towards the bottom rung of steps, free hands grabbing one of the bars. Then he turned to pull her up along with him, aid in her own jump, and clutch her close until she could steady herself with a hand on one of the bars.

The trolley shook and passengers glanced their way for just a moment as they settled into place, holding the bars and leaning into the wind. Loosening his hold of her as she settled he reached to touch the back of his fingers against the rosy flush of her cheeks. "How's Chinese sound for lunch?" And in San Francisco that should tell her all the missing details of where they were heading. Where he had planned to head before they had fortuitously, or not so if she had in fact been looking for him, run into one another.

The silver that shot through his dark eyes gleamed a bit as he looked over her face like he was searching for something there. Then his oversized lips parted in a grin that showed white teeth in a way that could have looked fierce if it wasn't so full of natural effervescence. "Y'know. I think I missed you Byrne." It had been one night. Just the one. And nothing unsavory in any of their actions. Clean as the rain of an Indian summer night. Yet it had stuck with him, and he'd missed it for all that it had been just a brief moment. But life was long, and there were forever more moments to be made. With, or without, the aid of rain.
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 03:19 AM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

Mind still stuck on white sandy beaches and coconuts she'd forcibly part herself from some future that would never exist, was nice in theory and would likely return at some later moment to haunt her like so many well deserving thoughts did. Parted from sand to settle herself into this rousing spiel of hers. A hand rested on her hip as he chuckled at her, her offense nothing but comical as it sat squished beneath her wide grin. "I don't want people to get the wrong impression of us. Ya know, get real serious and then when you think you've just about lost them--" her hands would move in this moment in some facsimile of spirit fingers, weight shifting from one foot to the other. A well put together ta-da by all accounts-- "BY THE WAY, we've got tits and booze. And cake soaked in booze. And our omega is a bartender. We've also got a poooooool~." Her smile would grow toothy and crack, pressured to do so by the peal of laughter that slants from her lungs.

"See. I know what I'm doing."

Clearly.

The motion that fit her against his side once more was an easy one, helped along by his stupid height, though likely, everything fit well there. Mattered not, she fit there now, and she would. Returning the gentled drape of his arm across her shoulders with the soft curl of her fingers around his hip. The resting of her head against his shoulder would allow her slanted gaze to filter through blackened lashes as he spoke, and they wandered. Their steps gaining purpose, to what end she knew not but the white wolf seemed unperturbed as her steps lengthened to follow along without hesitation. Trust placed in the hands of a man who she'd met once and who had spent the evening making sure his name was one remembered. Marring all the bad and neutral that sloshed in her head, with something good. A pure thing that was not dictated by the easy shift of her dress hem or which flat surface could be used in a pinch. It'd been a good thing made of only good and remembered as such. Golden and shining where so many others paled in comparison.

"Of course it is, you stupidly tall idiot,"

Every bright shift of her smile would wrap itself around her words, colored them fond and warm as her shoulder shifted in a halfhearted attempt to nudge him. Her friendship didn't come with a required contract of any kind. Was a free floating entity all of its own. The quiet of her laugh would wane as she glanced back up through lashes, skeptical and amused. "Yeah? But then I'd feel terribly guilty. Smiled you right out of a perfectly respectable life with all this mischievously false advertising." Every closet had its cobwebs, that included the sunny blonde. And while her cloudy days were never very cloudy, not with the help of her position and the backbone of her pack to lean against, she did have them. Things Geller knew nothing about. He knew of her in this moment, happy and pliant and warm but this wasn't the whole of her. Her laughter would come regardless, the dwelling of things easily swept away when amiable company strolled along beside her.

Even more so when that stroll became a power walk and arms slipped-

"Miss wha--"

-And hands clasped together.

When the power walk became a jog (hers slightly faster... damned long legged wolves), became a run and everything was made clearer. The old trolley wandering its way down the street just in front of them. An arm clasped to the bag at her hip to keep it steadfast as the other was stretched between them in aid of tugging her along. And they ran, the street behind them painted with laughter and the soft swooping color of golden strands. With a leap and a bound her hand would slip effortlessly back into his own, tugged along to the fit once more beside, free hand clasped around a bar to steady her feet. The soft huff of her lungs, more from the exhilaration than the short jaunt shifted her gaze to the wolf beside her, all wild-eyed and free. Everything bright and sunny and creased at its edges with joy would lean her gently into the soft press of fingers against the warmth of her rosy cheeks. The whole of his plan revealed in the next moment and even if she'd not been fond of Chinese at all, she'd have agreed in the same breathless exuberance.

"Perfect."

All the sparkle in her excited gaze would grow soft and studious as his own did the same, a curious expression crossing her face as chin cants gently in question. There was no helping the mimicry of his grin, even if you'd have told her no, it'd have defied everything and done as it wanted. Cracked her face in two, beaming and wide. The clasp on her bar shifted slightly to swivel her lean a shoulder against his own. "Missed you too, Geller." It poured from her mouth effortlessly, applied to the moment as a newly discovered fact. That missing piece you didn't realize you were missing until it was pressed back into the palm of your hand. Leaning herself back, a soft shake of her head would shiver gold off her shoulders and sweep it out behind her.

All windblown and softened by it her attention would shift back to the wolf beside. "Ya know, Geller, I don't know if I'd sign my life away or not. But you're not so bad yourself," merry laughter trickled from her tongue. The lean of her furthered slightly to nuzzle her nose into the warmth of his shoulder, soon after to replace it with the press of her cheek. The shift of dark lashes peered her gaze over the rim of her sunglasses.

"Regale me? L.A. and New York, where else have you run off to since we collided last?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 07:09 AM
22 posts
puppeted by Byron
Geller
cst he/him
job
Chef
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
The Chef

Something about the words 'stupidly tall idiot' had stuck with him throughout. They had lanced some place inside of him and refused to be removed. Not because they offended. Rather because he found them charming in some strange undefinable way. Stupidly tall idiot. A proverb or psalm perhaps? Some grasping definition that managed to suit him well whether he willed it or not because he was, as she had pointed out, stupidly tall, and despite any evidence to the contrary could be, and would be, entirely idiotic when the right mood suited him. But it wasn't just the accurate depiction that warranted his like of the phrase. It was the way she said it. The way that settled it into his smile and into his mind where it lingered.

There was something of his enjoyment still draped in his expression as they stood on the trolley steps. It made him smile that easy smile that was almost never absent from his face. Eyes leaving hers to watch the way the breeze lifted her hair and moved with it. A dance between two forces of nature. Then the sound of the driver behind him drew Geller back to the moment and out of this self induced trance of intrigue. "Yeah, I gotcha buddy." Holding onto the handrail he leaned inside, free hand diving into a pocket for cash that wasn't counted as he handed it over to the man in charge. Everyone had to make a living, and rarely did that leave room for such interlopers as they who leapt on board without paying a fee.

Money off the books though?

No one said no to that.

The driver grinned as he leaned towards Geller's offering hand, and secreted away the cash to some place for later. To buy smokes or booze or something more consuming. Who knew? Who cared? It was his now. Geller righted himself as they began trundling their way downhill and returned his focus to Adie as her voice rose over the background noise of the trolley.

The words turned that easy smile into something more fierce; something soaked in laughter not yet brought to light. "That might just be the best compliment I've ever received." Hints of devilish irony in his voice. "Not so bad myself." The thick line of brows gave a little jag as he nodded. "I'll take it, and I'll do ya one better. If you ever do come across someone who might be willing to take me up on it you just send them along my way. I'm quite at my leisure these days."

He pushed a hand back through his own hair as the wind swept it forward and wished for a moment that he'd tied on a doo-rag before hopping on board. "Swinging single and all that. For what it's worth in a city where I'm more likely to settle down with a drag queen than a wifey type. Though I suppose I could find myself a queen who is both festooned in drag and wifey..." He pretended to consider this but shook his head and sent the idea scattering. Geller had taken part in certain activities where another man had been involved but such a relationship on it's own had never really been his thing. No shame in being mostly straight, if slightly crooked, even if you did live in San Francisco. A city where the drapes lived in fear of being set ablaze.

The cool glance of blue eyes over her sunglasses made him reach to push those glasses back into place with a fingertip grazing the bridge of her nose. "New Orleans." He said but then veered away from there lest it lead them back to the subject of Dylan a little too soon. "And London. London for a long time. For awhile I even thought that might be the last place. Y'know the place where I finally put down roots and refused to be moved." He smiled softly over this as he seemed mentally to poke at the idea now. A way to test whether or not the recollection still brought with it any pain. There was none in evidence.

"I liked it there. Liked the people more than the climate though." He eyed her for a moment as his head gave a curious cant to one side. "You're Irish right Byrne?" The question something dredged up from those long ago memories of nights escaping into the rain. "It's funny cause I can't see you there at all....not in Ireland or England really. Hard imagining you in all that....green." The struggle to find a word only to land on something so simple made him give a rough chuckle. "Though I guess Washington wasn't all that different but...."

But....

The rest of that comment hung in the air a moment as the trolley slowed to a jerking halt in the valley between hills. Geller hopped down and walked alongside the still barely rolling machine with a hand lifted towards Adeline. Hand clasped in his he held on as she jumped to join him on solid ground once again. He gave her the freedom to choose how they would venture forth, hand in hand, arm in arm, another draping of arms around one another. And as they settled into step in whatever way she chose he would finally continue where he had left off.

"I can see you somewhere like New York. Strolling through Alphabet City where the walls match your skin. Walking some cuddly mongrel through Central Park and lusting after some salty pretzel or ice cream sold from a cart. Bare foot and strolling through one of the fountains like Fellini's Sylvia lost on her way to Rome."

He turned her down Sacramento Street and into the heart of China Town. Managing somehow to meander even as he knew where they were heading. "You ever been?" The question weighted his tongue. New York was his hometown. It was his heart and soul wrapped in concrete and iron. He was always curious to know what others had thought of that long time mistress. Even when the opinion was decidedly negative he still liked to hear it.
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 11:31 AM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

A sculpted brow would rise as the other wolf spoke and it was his words his first words she listened to more so than the latter. She'd known Geller for not but a moment and in that moment they'd both been attached and it'd been nothing that had bothered nor had it swayed their feet in some effortless little moment of pure unadulterated mischievous. Adeline couldn't even remember her name, this other mystery woman and likely the only reason Dylan was remembered was for the fact he'd been there, present and accounted for as they slid into a very physical ducking of his watch duty over a woman who clearly wanted none of it.

Oppression dictated by care still tasted a lot like oppression if you asked Adeline.

The white wolf's features remained soft and poignantly amused as her gaze wandered his face, tucked behind shaded glass but even if they'd not been it'd not have mattered all that much. Adeline had never been the shy sort and in that her mouth would twist from something languid in its amusement to something impish, an application that came only seconds before she spoke, a precursor that was to be looked out for lest you fall into some impish, if not good-natured, ploy. "How very open minded of you, Geller. Tell you what, one of these nights we'll go hunting for our soul mates, together. I'll make sure to find you someone who can give me makeup tips and you can find me some super butch-y dike who hates motorcycles but loves baseball," the dimples in her cheeks would dig a little deeper. "Ya know, so while this wifey drag queen of yours and I perfect my eyeliner, you and my dike can enjoy a terribly boring game of baseball and talk about all things sports. Maybe we'll luck out and my dike will like cooking," a hum, all velvet and thoughtful would pulse from her throat as she pondered this a moment. That might be a tall order, a wifey drag queen was one thing but a bull-dike who liked baseball and cooking might be a pretty tall order.

The soft brush of his finger against her nose would pour warmth across her face a thing distracted from by the mentioning of the south and while her mind didn't immediately snap to the silver flecked wolf it would cant her head in a curious notion. She'd chart in her head the places he'd mention, sticking pins in a map like she could recall him best if he were wrapped in all this other that she'd never seen. Mysterious and foreign, a concept he'd likely brush away like he had her glasses up her nose, always the humble player who was simply happy where he was, making the best of it while he was there before rushing off to find some other love. And it was, in her mind, very much just that. A man who loved places better than he might have ever loved the people that coincided. An thought she didn't make of him so much as something she fancied of him.

Her mind would explore this as readily as her eyes did his face while he spoke of London and his love of its people but not its weather. She'd find nothing off in him though his words would grow thoughtful over roots and while she'd have loved to pick his mind over his past, the side of a trolley was likely not the best moment. A pin stuck in it, to ponder for some other time when things were quieter and minds less puckish. If ever such a moment could exist between two such as them anyway. "Yeah," an Idle mention that bobbed her head. Ireland. An origin but never a home. Apparently not something that suited her in the mind of on far better traveled than herself.

An exit is made, feet fitted back on solid ground and in that she'd continue as they'd been, a comfortably composed half wrapping of one around the other that saw her squeezed against and draped over as their feet meandered them forward once more.

The picture he painted of her drew her features into something wistful and quietly warm. They weren't pictures she'd think of for herself, though she'd lived with herself for more than one night, knew the bad as equally as the good. Some selfish part of her wanted nothing more than to rush off again, leave Geller with only this moment to remember her by, so that he'd never fit her in somewhere green at all, but rather cast all his memories of her over in the same airy and buoyant light. Her head would shake, rubbed itself gently against the arm across her shoulders. "Not since I was a babe." That port of call for immigration and then she'd been off, whisked away and never to return. "I spent a stint in Chicago and then Seattle after that. We met sometime not long after my move from Seattle, south. Portland for a year or two but I haven't left this coastline since," It wasn't jet setting but neither had she ever been, born on an isle made emerald and never to cross the ocean again, or so it'd be up until this moment anyway.

"I do have a cuddly little mongrel though,"

Her mouth would upturn at this fact, as if it point out that at least she'd accomplished some part of his thoughtful list of her.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Drew Hunter
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 12:16 PM
162 posts
puppeted by Eien
Drew
GMT +1 he/him
job
kitchen help + cabaret singer
species
human
group
n/a
sexuality
bisexual
status
single
mature
yeah~
I won't compromise, I won't live a life, on my knees. You think I am nothing, I am nothing, you've got something coming, something coming because (We are indigos)
N/A
sweet sooty muffin

Canton Bazaar. What do you get a little girl who wants nothing but love?

You go wild.

There was a small little object that faced him, brave and intrepid, in its delicate, silk jacquard structure pretty. Tucked against the stand in an unassuming enough conviction you’d think it was a corner where it stood, unsuspecting, innocent. Not an object you would want. But its sister umbrellas stood there in a row too, some opened to flash their pretty printed pictures, of tigers, and dragons, and then Chinese writing which he traced with his glance and read without struggle.

This read luck.

That read future.

That read some bullshit, but it was aimed at the tourists, and what did they know? The bazaar boasted with a solid crowd, locals and strangers alike mingling together. He could barely see over the top of their heads. They flocked to stands and disappeared into shops, and then conversed between each other, perusing topics that were none of his business and thus he wouldn’t bother wondering. He caught snippets of conversations but then was well on his way to his little parasol, pink and printed on, its material, as the seller opened it for him, reading the lust off his features, glimmering as though silvery.

It looked dusted in jewels and he caressed it only once and then paid up front. His wallet felt empty and his focus tickled. He couldn’t even swing it around as he walked.

Making his way forward, he only barely registered the other pedestrians, attention firmly on the simple goal of walking home and on what he’d tucked under his arm, a gift that would make a little girl giggle.

He noticed Her as he turned the corner.

Her, another Her, blonde haired and a point that narrowed his world, even if her companion, male and tall, briefly disrupted his point of focus, like a grisly monster placed next to something precious. Drew wouldn’t decide where to look.

At Adie, familiar, and thus a visual comfort known to silence his demons. Or at the man, new and thus whoever he was could have ranged from a friend to foe. Even if Drew did trust Adie’s preference in companions. he couldn’t quell that odd, honest worry that rose within him at the featured couple. He couldn’t look away from the man then, a strange and unwanted focal point.

All tall and with a face that could look incredibly stern, strong brows and an austere posture. But as they walked, close and their legs swung together, adopting a tempo that spelled out joy, Drew relaxed, and then walked towards them, tense in light of the new man’s presence, and then smiling because of hers.

All smiles and a greeted, “Adie”, that slipped out his throat, cloyed warm.

Without ado, he wrapped his arms around her, the umbrella held in his right hand for a while, and their trek stepped.

He pulled back.

Beamed, a powerful, and soothing expression that waned somewhat, a logical ebbing as he glanced at her companion, and searched his features.

But he didn’t drop the smile, not at all.

Stuck out his hand instead, greeting, “New friend?”, which was aimed at Adie, though he was looking at the man. “Drew, coworker.”

One with his arm still wrapped around her figure. Drew noted that, and looked at her in a sudden motion of his head, but when his gaze landed on hers, he waggled his brows, mischievous. For a moment, they existed in a land where keeping your arm around someone’s body entailed something else, an adventure or a step that trespassed you on a territory for criminals and other bleak nonsense.

Not that unlikely with this man.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 02:32 AM
22 posts
puppeted by Byron
Geller
cst he/him
job
Chef
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
The Chef

"As long as they don't try to give me make up tips I think we'll be okay." The curve of his grin lit his face. "I mean, can you imagine the glory of this...." A pale hand motioned over himself. "In a dress and make up? The mind reels." Just imagining it was making him want to laugh and be horrified at the same time. There were some men who could definitely pull it off but with these brows? This nose? The five o'clock shadow by ten in the morning? He'd be a horrifying figure of womanhood. Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot. Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie. He would put them all to shame. Plus he had a horrible suspicion that the hosiery would bunch so....meh.

Then she threw the sweet stuff on the offer. "Oooohhhh baseball." He said the word with a soft rapt sigh. Baseball was a holy thing. "You found my weak spot." Ducking his head like he was trying to get a better look at her he felt the breeze brush long strands past his cheeks as he grinned. "Whatsa matter Byrne? You telling me you don't like baseball?" The assumption being that he would need a dyke of some sort to enjoy the sport with which must mean that Adeline herself was not so very into watching men in tight pants round the bases.

"That's almost sinful."

As they walked together talking of places and people and all the things that made up a life he listened to her give him the map of her life. That winding course she'd set herself out on and the stops along the way. "Of course you do." He added at the mention of said cuddly little mongrel. "I'm sure he loves his momma." The cuddly mongrels of the world were always that way. If you took them in, gave them a home and put food in them there was a loyalty there that could not be surpassed by anything else.

Geller glanced at her sidelong for a moment, at the small upturned grin, and seemed to pick up on something beneath it. Full lips parted with words that were cut short by another voice calling out in their direction. As they both turned to look in the direction of that greeting their arms slid from one another with the movement. A good thing as Adeline found herself almost at once gathered into Drew's arms for an embrace that held her at his side afterwards.

The sight of them beside one another made the corners of his mouth lift and cut deep lines into his cheeks. Lines earned with a life well lived; signs of many such smiles and the laughter that matched them. "Newish." The question hadn't been directed at him but he took hold of it anyway as a shift of silver whorled eyes glanced at Adeline. "That about cover it?" What were details anyway?

"Nice to meet you Drew, coworker." He said with a genuine warmth in his voice as he took the offered hand held towards him. Geller's hands were large, long fingered, the backs of them showing more than a slight dusting of dark hair; an ape in man shape. The warmth of calloused skin and easy casual grip were well practiced to be something that did the job without attempting to overwhelm. "And may I say that you have an absolutely lovely parasol there."

Umbrella nothing.

That was a parasol if he had ever seen one.

"We might get our rainy day after all Byrne." Everyday miracles sometimes happened. As their clasped hands parted Geller made a motion with his thumb back over his shoulder; the direction that he and Adeline had been heading. "We were just heading down the street for a bite to eat. Would Drew, coworker like to join us?"

If there was one thing that Geller loved to do above all else it was feeding people. A good thing too since he'd spent a very long lifetime doing that almost exclusively. So he had a more the merrier attitude about the whole affair. No need to bogart the good stuff.

He waited as the two old friends made up their minds. In the end three sets of feet moved down the sidewalks continuing on their merry way. Geller fitted hands into the pockets of his jeans as his Chucks ate up the ground beneath him. "I know a guy up on Waverly who does amazing things with turtle. We can get something by the back door and take it over to the park." He loved the park on Waverly Place. It brought back all kinds of cloying memories and there was something meditative about watching all the old men playing Chess at their make-shift tables.

"You a bartender too Drew? Or has Byrne taken up some new line of work here in the Bay?" His head turned, dashing a glance in their direction, and then checking the street before making to cross it. He kept his stride short matching it to that of his current companions as they moved through the early afternoon sunlight for all the world like a trio of tourists enjoying the enclave.
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:51 PM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

"Awww, no. You'd be... well...," her head would cant a little as she eyed the other wolf a long moment, pondering if you trusted none of her face and its need to curl in on itself and make a liar of her seriousness. "No, you're right, you'd not make a good woman at all." a note perforated easily with a laugh, all soft and warm that wavered her feet closer as her arm squeezed around his middle and rubbed her shoulder into his side. Never mind the makeup, he didn't need the heels, he'd be doubly stupidly tall, and what would the world even do with him then? "Is it?" The white wolf sounded entirely skeptical as she roamed the jovial expression on his face from behind the shaded lenses of her glasses. "I just never saw the appeal in watching a guy try to make up his mind over whether to throw a ball or not all for the thrill of that one hit that knocks it out of the park. If we're talking strictly stadium food though, I'd sit through one, maybe two for hot soft pretzels, over salted nachos and beer."

Maybe.

The company would at least be good, a note she'd make with a mischievous grin seemingly in context over her desperate need for soft pretzels.

Company that would grow the next moment as her name slips form a familiar tongue, familiar enough that by the time she spotted him she was all warm smiles, her grip on Geller waning for the anticipation of the usual greeting offered her cute little kitchen help friend. Where they'd stop on calling she'd brush forward, stepping into the warm embrace of the other ridiculously tall dark featured man, his name honeyed on her tongue, familiar and without ado. "Drew~," lips brush a kiss against his cheek as she squeezes his middle before slipping herself back to hover at Geller's side, a refusal to ignore him for the presence of another. Features settled into something warm, a borderline smolder as she catches Drew's insinuation, there were no cupcakes involved but he knew well her need to attach herself to others.

And she'd not deny the need for adventure in herself.

A curt nod as she glanced to the wolf beside her, an upward cast that made her instantly glad she retained sunglasses, his face so easily lost in the glare of not people at all but the stratosphere itself. "Newish, hmmm?" Pondered, in earnest this time before her gaze slanted back to Drew. "Newish, old friend from a lifetime ago, found anew." Tricky were the details but that was enough of that at least for the moment they stood in the middle of a free flowing stream of people. Adeline would be instantly glad for the giant company, if only to shield someone easily overlooked in a crowd and trampled. The woes of the not even really that short but short enough to be trampled, people of this world.

"Geller, newish friend."

The blonde would introduce with a name, not the right name perhaps but the only one she'd likely ever call the wolf, shoulder leaned into the other wolf though she'd frown a little next, an expression that looked detrimental on her pale face. "I hope not," the weather was fickle though and Drew did have a lovely parasol so perhaps they were doomed? Luckily a little rain would never hurt them, so they'd live to see another day. Whatever unfit frown had been there before, was erased as some offer is given to tack Drew onto their day. "Of course he would." Decided for as her gaze wandered Drew's face, all merry and smiling as she was. "You weren't doing anything important anyway, right?" Didn't matter, it was already decided.

They'd all fall into line, a trio she'd see linked with elbows. A linking that would see her squished and shifted about to accommodate their surroundings and the other people using the sidewalk but linked nonetheless, her tactile need to keep those around close. "Turtle??" Skeptical once more the white would glance at the dark wolf as he offered some bearings to the pair of them. Adeline couldn't say she'd ever eaten turtle and thus she'd ponder over the viability of it on her tongue. maybe it'd taste like chicken, like everything else that was weird apparently.

A soft snort would filter from her nose as Geller questioned her line of work while questioning Drew's in the same. "Yeah, you know me, I like to play it fast and loose with my occupation." Her laugh hummed from her throat as she rolled eyes behind her sunglasses, caught easily from either side. "This week one of those sign spinners on the corner. But next week? Who knows, maybe teppanyaki chef." For all the things Adeline adventured in, her designated job was not one of those a mention given with the impish expanse of her grin.

The one stability in her life; her job, and perhaps that mongrel that did indeed love her above all else.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Drew Hunter
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 05:32 AM
162 posts
puppeted by Eien
Drew
GMT +1 he/him
job
kitchen help + cabaret singer
species
human
group
n/a
sexuality
bisexual
status
single
mature
yeah~
I won't compromise, I won't live a life, on my knees. You think I am nothing, I am nothing, you've got something coming, something coming because (We are indigos)
N/A
sweet sooty muffin

“Newish,” he repeated, “that about covers it.” But by god was the man tall. Kind of reminded him of another tall man that Drew knew, their heights roughly the same, if not literally the same, and even their features alike, at least in some sense; tall, dark, and handsome, and yet Drew could only avert his gaze from that, the details ignored for the time being, and rivet his attention on Adie who explained further, a story that needed telling.

“You’ll tell me that story one day,” he drawled, a playful smirk worn, and he tapped her below her chin, an amused glance delivered too like they’d exchanged a secret just now, one which would include a cupcake date and maybe maple syrup. Anything and everything for gluttons who imagined their deaths to involve too much ice-cream and a hundred emptied containers. What other better way to go? Or was that just him?

But he did return his gaze on Geller, one newish friend to another, their hands clasped, Geller’s warm.

Warmer.

“Shifter?” He quirked a smile at him, crooked, and higher at one point, a mildly hooded glance on him that had nothing to do with intentional flirting, but a wayward smolder that came hand in hand with the look he gave this possible-shifter, at first studious, and then just helpless and relaxed.

Soft.

“Delighted,” he chatted, fixing him a charming smile as they shook hands, a bit of a moment if he could so himself, the man’s hand comfortable, the shake firm, and something about the grasp wanting to be memorized even in an hour, or two. He’d let it. His gaze warmed, tone chuckling and playful. They released each other's hand. “Ah, but I’m afraid I cannot give you my cute pink parasol. But I’ll lend it to you. Call me pretty and we have a deal.”

He winked, playfully.

And gave him a bit of a look. Impish and one of jest, before it fell back on Adie, leaving them to swap their inside joke he knew none of, but the context of which was easy enough to help himself to. It prompted him to hold up his parasol, looking over its length like he were gauging its capacity to defend three people against the weather.

Correction.

Two people and a half person. Christ, it was like they were desperate to become the TV show reincarnated, only instead of a dumb, confusing child that couldn’t tell right from wrong, they’d have Adie. Adie over Jake, Drew might not have been fond of the TV show itself, but he had to appreciate the upgrade. Who would complain to have her? Apparently that weird, wolfy ex of hers too good at giving her a doe-eyed look from far ends of the rooms like he wasn’t a fucking five hundred and too old for that, or however old he actually was. Was Drew a fan of him? Of course.

Right after shooting himself in the foot and wiping with sandpaper. But that wasn’t the point.

He quirked a glance at them, amusing as Adie simply decided for him, at which point he had to drawl at her, mock-wry, though his grin betrayed him for sure, “I was on my way to make one little girl happy… Well I guess I can be on my way to make you happy too.”

He punctuated it with a laugh, and poked her nose. It was soft under his finger. And so they walked, their Jake replacement in the middle. Although it did make him wonder, on that odd, and truly unpleasant tangent, which role he fulfilled, and if it was Charlie he both pretend-vomited since gross, what a slut, and also kind of shrugged since eh, I am a slut. But where would that place Geller? Scratch that, they were indubitably rewriting the entire TV show without its once unpleasant elements: fuck off the kid, gone Charlie, and most importantly death to dumb jokes that only ever revolved around the cons and pros of fucking and how every man was after a hole. Was he a fan of the TV show? Of course.

Right after gun, sandpaper, you know the drill.

He laughed softly once more, amused by Adie’s reaction. “Turtle,” he echoed, focused on the road ahead of them, “actually pretty good if you know how to prepare it. Never had that pleasure. Not much of a cook myself, despite my job. It’s complicated.”

He nudged Adie, his shoulder pushed into hers, the collision gentle, and his words helplessly warm. “Girl, please, you’d make the best cupcake seller. You’d just make all the cupcakes and then be found by the dawn in a proper sugar coma. Just all these empty wrappers and you on the ground with the biiiggesst smile.”

With a laugh, he disengaged from her, spinning to walk a step ahead of her, dangerous if he didn’t know the road-- he did, and he jabbed fingers in the corners of her lips, as though she, of all the people in the world, needing help laughing. Helping her to a grin though, he grinned himself, smug and victorious, this blithe, open joy on his face before he flicked her glasses next and pulled them up on her head.

“What are you hiding your eyes for, dwarf? You got all the giants to protect you from the elements.”

But the sunglasses, having not been fastened on spot, slipped back down, that fall cushioned by a fingertip that caught them under the bridge, before off his hand was, innocently back by his side where it could be trusted to do no damage. At that, easily slipping back by Adie unless prevented, he glanced at Geller, answering, “And yeah, I’m kitchen help at Up In Smoke, and sing at nights at pubs. Kind of like a Cinderella story, only I have no cute high heels to lose. And no cute prince to find and charm me. Shame about that.”

An honest to god shame.

He blinked curiously at him, though at the moment avoided bumping into a young couple, hand-holding, and kind of glued to each other.

Cuuuute.

It turned his head, and widened his grin. All sharp and fond.

Back on his companions, he asked, “What do you do? And just out of curiosity, since you sound low-key well versed, had yan wò yet?”

Because that would make two of them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Charles Geller
 Posted: Apr 6 2017, 06:08 PM
22 posts
puppeted by Byron
Geller
cst he/him
job
Chef
species
Shifter
group
Rogue
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Single
mature
Yes
N/A
The Chef

WIth a hand tucked into his pocket Geller felt the warmth of Adie's touch at his arm. That shifting of limbs as she sought to link them all together like some traveling band. Images of Dorothy linked between Scarecrow and Tin-Man flitted at the edge of his mind. One man without a brain and the other without a heart. Thankfully life didn't always imitate art. No need to question which he would be in that scenario. At least they managed to avoid some desire to skip as they moved along through the path of milling tourists.

Adeline's skepticism at his meal choice had a warm chuckle rumbling from Geller. "Just pretend it's chicken." Ahhh chicken. The catch all food that tasted like everything. An easy solution. He glanced over at the little wrestling match between Drew and Adeline's glasses. A real battle of wills was shaping up between man and inanimate object as the glasses deftly refused to be moved from their protective stance over Adie's blue eyes. The notion curled a smile over his wide lips as Drew seemingly gave up on convincing the glasses to choose a new perch.

"Here." He reached to pluck the glasses from her face and settled them instead on his own head. The cat eye shape of them and little glittery decoration was at odds with the rest of him but he didn't seem to mind. They perched there mockingly as he asked, "Better?" of he who had objected to their presence in the first place. "I need them more anyway. Up here so close to the sun." The curl of his too wide mouth was tight and humored at the jokes about his height that Adie dolled out with such wild abandon.

"Besides, I look boss in pink."

He led them round the corner onto Waverly Place and headed towards the familiar neon signs of rows of restaurants ahead. In windows beside them hung smoked ducks with their heads still attached and strung up for all the world like something that belonged in a foreign place. Americans were usually skittish about such things. They usually prefered their food with no signs of life left to it which most definitely included anything with eyes having already been removed. It was an awkward conundrum that the country responsible for the most meat consumption was also the one where the people most wanted to consider "meat" some seperate entity from the animals that it came from.

"Small world." He said with a soft smile. "I'm a cook as well." Though it had been a long time since 'cook' had been his official title Geller still related most to that terminology. Chef sounded pretentious; even to him. He was proud of his career. Had spent a lifetime doing the thing he loved and had excelled at it likely due to that love. Yet at the end of the day the cookbooks and appearances on the almighty Food Network didn't change how he looked at what he did. Geller was still just a cook. Just some colossus on the line battling chaos and throwing in with his men to chase that elusive perfect service.

"Birds nest soup? Yeah." He chuckled. "Though it's been a long fucking time. Since......Malaysia I think." He had to reflect back through the years of travel to capture the exact memory of the delicacy which they were speaking of. "The type of swallows that make those nests aren't indigenous here, and shipping the materials is a logistical nightmare. Those little fuckers make truffles look like ground chuck on the bottom line. Where did you come across it?" He'd yet to come across a restaurant in the States where they served it so assumed naturally that Drew had done a bit of traveling himself in order to come across the prized rarity.

Tightening his arm against him he pressed Adie's hand in at his side. "They're these little nests made by swiftlets that are mostly solidified saliva. It's a big deal in China cause as you can imagine it's pretty rare and difficult to harvest. So they make soup out of it that's supposed to be good luck." Sometimes he thought that everything in Chinese cooking was supposed to be good luck. "Kind of makes turtles seem normal huh? Just think...I could've been taking you to get bird spit soup." Geller chuckled as he led them into an alleyway between squat red brick buildings. "Maybe next time."

Heading down the alley he came to a plain white painted metal door. Unhooking his arm from Adeline's hold he knocked solidly twice and waited until a curious looking dishwasher peeked his head out at them. "Wǒmen lái kànwàng jīn." The young man grinned and nodded a few times before going back inside. Geller leaned his side up against the wall as they waited, pulling a pack of cigarettes from the pocket of his jeans and offering it towards the others. "So d'you guys meet at work? Regale me with humorous tales of your friendship."

Retrieving the zippo from his pocket he slid it back against the side of his leg to push back the cap and then smoothed it forward over his jeans again rolling the wheel and causing a large flame to leap into place. It was the lighter he used on the range so the flame was set high, a crack lighter, and he delicately dipped the tip of his ciagarette into the edge of flame before holding it out towards anyone else who might have taken him up on his offer of a cigarette.

When the door reopened a man in chefs white stood there with a big grin plastered on his round jovial face. He spoke to Geller in a mangled American Mandarin that was pure China Town and Geller answered in the same. They batted conversation back and forth for a moment until the man handed over two white paper bags into Geller's hands. One of which he handed over to Drew to carry and the other he tucked in the nook of one arm. "Xièxiè jīn." The fat man at the door waved as Geller led the trio back out of the alleyway their little group now trailed by a lingering scent of food from the sacks they carried with them.

"Parks that way." He pointed in the direction they would be headed and then settled back into stride along with the others. Listening to whatever story of their meeting, or subsequent adventures, that they might choose to tell him. Geller found it easy to listen, to be a fly on the wall to the experiences of those around him, and he smiled along with their stories with noblesse oblige.
PMAIM
^
Adeline Byrne
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 04:53 PM
143 posts
puppeted by Sarah
Adie/Ads
PST She/her/hers
job
Bartender & DJ
species
Shifter
group
Furore Pack Omega
sexuality
Bisexual
status
Complicated mess
mature
Ye'h bitch
whiskey wolf

Chicken. She could do chicken without issue and soon enough she'd likely be able to say the same for turtle, maybe.

"I don't think that'd make me a good seller of cupcakes. Eater maybe, just eat all my profits, but I'd be all the happier for it," her grin is wide and mirthful as shadowed gaze slides sideways to peer at her side companion, one of them. In this sense she'd not complain, just feed her cupcakes for every meal and she'd be the most contented thing to have ever existed. The sort of entity that didn't fight the poking at the corners of her mouth as it was lifted into a grin that soon matched the one that would spread across Drew's own face before he attempted to shirk her of sunglasses. He'd fail but they'd still not last long in their perch before they found themselves a new owner. "Of course you do," tone a playful cooed quip that smiled her broad and vibrant as they wandered and Geller wore pink like he'd been destined to from the beginning. Perhaps he had?

They'd wander around a corner and into the heart of everything foreign and Chinese, the thick smell of spice and flavors that were often deemed exotic by American society, sat heavy on her tongue as they wandered easily. Adeline was no stranger to it though neither could she boast she'd eaten turtle or this thing Geller would explain to her next. The skeptical confusion on her face as it shifted to peer from Drew to Geller likely given hint at the need for a story to accompany the name. Her brow would rise as he regaled her a tale of cute little bird and their nests made of spit, which apparently translated to good luck. By the time he was done she didn't look sold on the idea though she'd certainly attempt it all the same. Such was the endlessly adventurous soul.

"Yes, maybe next time we can eat spit, sounds like a lovely time," laughter would pearl from her throat as they slid into an alley where the she-wolf was left to cling to Drew as Geller spoke to some bright-eye young man behind a mysterious door. Her language proficiency was less than sub-par but she'd note how ominous this all looked. "About as lovely a time as this murder alley might become," leaned lightly against the scruffy cook beside her, tone that playful lilt as she watched the people in the kitchen just beyond the door scuttle about frantically, busy little ants in there murdering turtles and the like. ”Hold fast to your kidney's, babe.” Grinned at him, tone all low and warning as Geller took to lighting a cigarette and inquiring after their meeting and friendship in general.

"Fast friends. Easily one of the fastest,"

A curt nod offered to Drew, cheeks warmed and bunched beneath her easy smile.

"They like to keep us separated," a sigh, dramatically accurate in its ability to convey the roll of her eyes that didn't happen to follow. "Some kind of trouble makers or some such highly inaccurate bullshit. I'm entirely convinced the one chef-- the other is fine, she's a sweet little manic thing-- is really just offended that he's not a part of our secreted glances. Maybe if he wasn't such a right dick...," there was a soft huff in her voice, an irritation that didn't match the grin on her face in the least. Eyeing the chef that appeared in the door her voice would wane as Geller and the squat chef exchanged what she could only assume were pleasantries before they were off again and pointed in a direction.

Falling back into their line they'd wander towards the park, her voice light and airy as they wandered through the throngs of people that sprouted up as they were spit out from the mouth of the non-murderous alley. "We do sing a killer Sonny and Cher, and shameless self indulgence? Really, we shouldn't be allowed, detrimental to one another's health probably. Though... we have successfully avoided marriage thus far, much to the avail of one little girl's attempts, so I suppose we're not completely hopeless." But then, who knew what tomorrow might bring, maybe a shotgun wedding on a whim and then wouldn't that rosy grinned girl be ecstatic?! Adeline was still fairly convinced she was only favored because she looked like a coloring book, but she'd not shrug off affections over silly details.

"Concocting drinks for the Friday special that no one should attempt, but they do... and then we revel in the face of their regrets. Trouble makers though? Pfffft. Hardly."

Her tone would latch itself onto a giggle as they paused a moment before crossing the street in a flurry of people, like fish swept up stream towards the bright emerald swatch in the middle of a land made of concrete. Warm and sunny as it was, almost summer at its finest, the she-wolf would wave off a bench for a sprawling seat in the grass. Who needed the modern trappings of man? Settled, blueberries tucked into her bag and everything shuffled off to the side her attention would fall to the other wolf as this odd concoction of soup was unearthed like a treasure trove of... well, dead turtles. "Are you planning on staying?" A seemingly heavy question, though her mouth would curl around a smile next, keeping the subject as light and non-committal as was really possible. "Or are we forever destined to live from one whirlwind romance to the next?" Sans societies standard of romance but it flavored all the same at the end of the day and her voice was filled with nothing that sounded like regret.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Fast Reply
New Thread!

affs & tags
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
From the Darkest Hour We Rise Maelstrom All of Me Cruelest Animal Devoid of Color Fractured Bad Things Preeminence 

Black Prism ACTA ruinandrise UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP
Shadowplay RPG-D
Tagbox requires separate login. Sign up using the gear below.

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.