Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

New Thread

One Step Closer, Tag Michael/J-Chan
Feb 9 2018, 03:22 PM
74 Hybrid Driver/Errand Boy for Black Market
wolf/vampire
"I wish I knew what it was like to care enough to carry on. I wish I knew what it was like to find a place where I belong...but I am machine, I never sleep, I keep my eyes wide open."
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival
She/Her | PST | 3/3/3 | Codi#7635

"I wish I knew what it was like...
to find a place where I belong."

"You have just become a part of the pack bond. You are now ours."

No amount of shaking his head had been able to dislodge the chilling words that had left behind a very confused hybrid in its wake. Having never been a part of a pack where a bond could be so terrifying, Trinity was left with many questions and he didn’t know where to start. In a blink, he had been given everything that he had hoped of grasping one day; a roof over his head surrounded by those similar to him. Others that he could count on as part of his pack, a family that he could finally call his own.

Everything he now had at his fingertips could finally smooth over the ridges of loneliness that had plagued him for many years yet he still felt unnerved. He felt no more confident about this new life than he had the day he'd escaped the place he’d been made and found himself face to face with unforgiving snow. Face to face with a world he hadn’t been ready for.

As his steps tapped softly on the floor of his new home, turquoise eyes wandered along every detail, every nook and cranny. He couldn’t say he’d ever lived inside of a home that wasn’t always on the go. His feet had gotten used to running, so much so that he wondered how antsy he might become being under someone else’s roof.

Little did it matter because the circus was no more, not for him. Trinity had quit, breaking it to the ringmaster that their daredevil act would not be going with them when they’d exhausted San Francisco. The man hadn’t been happy but there had been nothing left for Trin to say. Now, he had something worth sticking around for.

It would take time for him to adjust to the new life laid out in front of him, he knew that. He didn’t know where to start, save for waiting to be called forth to learn what he didn’t yet know. Still a pup in training, both curious and afraid of what he’d find, they hybrid tried to latch onto the promise that things would get easier.

He knew there were others here, he had felt them inside of his own head threatening to split his skull wide open but he had yet to run across another. A hand instinctively reached to rub at the sore bite mark on his shoulder. Deep, possessive, it was a permanent fixture on his body now. He knew every pack held an Alpha and a Beta; one he had already met. The only one that he had met thus far. His youthful curiosity had sent him forth to discover who else was here, sniffing out what he would now call his own pack mates.

Eyes traveled along further details of the home until he was standing back where he had begun near the front door. The door that had led him into a world he had no knowledge of. What would the others be like? Would they welcome him with open arms or with bared teeth where his back would slam up against another wall?

"Hello?" he ventured, listening to the sound of his own voice as it bounced against the walls. Tucking his own hands back into the pockets of his jeans, he looked around him, listening for any small sign of movement that indicated he wasn’t alone.

xxx
Notes

@J-Chan
Feb 12 2018, 10:30 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
I don't want to hurt you, But I can't stay away, I don't have the strength to know myself and keep you safe, So wherever you are now, I hope you will forget, The flaws I had before because I haven't lost them yet.
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
She/Her/It | MST | 3/3/3 | J-Chan#2637
It was a Friday afternoon, which meant that Michael was working in the shelter. Cleaning, to be exact, because someone had to do it. And who better than the Beta of the pack? Honestly he preferred it be him, mainly because he was a little fussy when it came to how the shelter was put together. This time of day people were out working, meaning he could have the house to himself to get things done that needed to be done. Everything from tearing down beds to cleaning the bathrooms to organizing things in the rooms so that they looked presentable. He was a picky bastard, and of course he wanted stuff to look nice for when people came looking for a place to stay.

He had just finished putting fresh towels in all the bathrooms when his phone went off, signaling that it was time to catch a break. Most of the time Michael worked through his breaks – pushing himself and testing the limits of his stamina because he was that kind of person. It was the afternoon, he’d note, which meant the morning had slipped right on by without him so much as glancing at a clock to see what time it was. In just a few hours it’d be the stereotypical ‘quitting time’ for most in the city – yet he’d work until the place got too crowded that he just couldn’t work anymore. He swiped the phone alarm off, and stowed the device back into the belt case on his hip.

The bathrooms were clean, he’d note, which was his main project for today. Tomorrow was laundry day, which meant he’d be doing all the laundry for the house – which times two meant that he’d be doing other things alongside the laundry for most of the day. Every day he did cleaning, even on Sundays when most people were off of work and enjoying life. It was the day that he checked in with the shelter tenants to see what they might need for the week as far as towels, and other sundries that a shelter might provide for their residents. People had to buy their own shampoo, and shit – that was just how things went around here. This wasn’t a hotel, after all, and he wasn’t a babysitter – or he was, depending on how you saw the Beta of the pack.

Of course he’d be heading down the stairs when he noticed someone at the door. He hadn’t immediately taken notice of his scent because well, Michael’s mind had been elsewhere at the moment – but you could bet he bristled when he saw the man push open the door. He jumped the last two steps and landing on the ground with a soft thud, right off to one side of the main entrance. “Hey.” Michael said, eyeing the newcomer. Ryan had spoken of the ‘new guy’, as it were, and everything the alpha had said about the new guy spoke that this was said new guy. Outwardly warm, yet with a certain foreboding feeling attached to his eyes, he stuck out his hand for the other to take as he said, “Trinity, right? Ryan told me about you. I’m Michael, the Beta of Arawn. Come to get settled?”
Feb 20 2018, 12:01 PM
wolf/vampire
"I wish I knew what it was like to care enough to carry on. I wish I knew what it was like to find a place where I belong...but I am machine, I never sleep, I keep my eyes wide open."
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

"I wish I knew what it was like...
to find a place where I belong."

A Friday afternoon and, for once in a long time, Trinity didn’t have to practice jumping through hoops doused in fire. He didn’t have to breath in the sickly sweet scent of cotton candy or bite down on his control when it came to craving blood, surrounded by thousands of people, until it hurt. An odd feeling to be free and yet it was no odder than the situation he found himself in now. Now a newly sworn member of the Arawn Pack, Trinity wasn’t quite sure where to start, save for what his new Alpha had told him to do: Relax and learn to trust him and the others here.

Trust had always been a tricky thing with Trin but he understood that getting along with his brand new packmates was vital to his well-being and survival. This entire situation didn’t make him any less nervous all the same, still taken aback by the onslaught of voices that had entered his own head without him giving them permission. All was quiet for the moment as he wandered about the place that he noted as impeccably well-kept.

Everything about the shelter was inviting, warm, clean, stable and what the hybrid imagined a home was supposed to feel like. Still, he felt awkward and out of his element all the same as he listened to the sounds of his own footsteps echoing off the pristine floors. Announcing himself felt like the right thing to do, especially given that he knew what it was like to walk up on someone without them knowing. Often it resulted in blood and tufts of hair falling to the floor.

Even despite being the one to announce himself, he was still flighty in his own right as his mind still wrapped around the process of entering into a pack. To say he was little more than taken off guard by the sudden presence of the other hybrid would have been an understatement. His first initial reaction was for his muscles to bunch up, tightening in defense as a boot slid back with a loud squeak, swiveling him around to face Michael.

He would have been embarrassed to say that he had stumbled or staggered back. He shouldn’t have been surprised at all, not when he had come looking for another figure in that big, seemingly quiet house, yet he was all the same. Never having been around other hybrids before he had a feeling the adjustment period would take some time.

“Hey…”

The general welcome Trinity had gotten used to receiving was getting thrown into some kind of a wall and he fully expected it now. Eyeing the other in return, he remained cautious yet forcefully optimistic when Michael stuck his hand out in greeting instead. Slowly, he relaxed and allowed himself to breathe.

“That would be me.” Managing a little smile, he nodded his head as he moved to return the hand shake, instantly noting who this man was. While he had never been in a pack environment before he knew that the Beta was just as much an authoritative figure as the Alpha and that neither ranks were anything he wanted to test. Not unless he saw fit to see a pair of fangs in his neck, at least. Moving to pull his hand away after the greeting, he placed his hands straight back into the pockets of his jeans again, taking a sweeping glance around.

“Yea, can’t say I really have much to bring here, but I brought what I had,” he said with a small grin, rolling his shoulders back into a shrug. A bag with the essentials, his bike and that about fit what Trinity had on him as far as personal effects went. “Was actually lookin’ around for someone else. So you’re the Beta, one of my packmates?” It felt odd and out of place to say ‘my packmates’, the term a foreign taste on his tongue, but he knew it was the truth. An overnight truth he had to start getting used to saying.

"Do you live here too?" Curiosity struck as he tilted his head, regarding the other hybrid.

xxx
Notes

Feb 24 2018, 09:50 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
I don't want to hurt you, But I can't stay away, I don't have the strength to know myself and keep you safe, So wherever you are now, I hope you will forget, The flaws I had before because I haven't lost them yet.
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
Michael knew what it was like, being new. This world had been opened up to him long ago when he sought out help for something that happened a long time ago, and he hadn’t immediately known how to take to it when it had. Being a witch had come easier, seeing as how his most in his family were witches. Took to it easily because it was part of him. Now that he was a hybrid, every day got a little easier. The cravings were easier to control, as were his emotions – although let’s be honest here, Michael wasn’t out of control with his emotions and he’d never been before. Other than a few times in his life; other than those few times that he’d rather forget, like when he lost his brother, his wife, and his son.

These days Michael tried not to focus on the past. Instead, he saw to the future, and what it would bring, with his heart hopeful that today would be better than yesterday. It was poetic, and admirable, but it was not reality. It was not the reality he’d be given, and it wasn’t this new hand he’d been dealt. He’d been a hybrid for twenty years, and he still wasn’t sure if this was the right choice. The pack, however – yes the pack was the right choice. He’d done well in that department, having chosen a leader that was strong and very capable, even ruthless in all things that he did. It felt right, and at the end of the day, that had to be enough.

He distinctly remembered dreams he had where his wife came to visit him in them. They’d sit and talk for hours, it felt like, right up until the point when he asked her if he was making the right choice. She’d smile, and agree that it was, saying that he had to move forward with his life if he was to be happy. The nightmares were another story, but he didn’t believe them. He believed that one dream that made him feel content and composed in the way that no other dream had ever done. It was a beautiful memory, even if it was only a dream.

But he still fought with the darkness inside him. It began with him as a witch, and progressed into something he struggled with daily after he’d been turned. The darkness would never leave, he’d decided, and that was no one’s fault but his. He’d chosen this for himself; at least he had the choice. Not all hybrids did. He couldn’t imagine the kind of person he’d be if this was truly forced on him. He was bad enough the way he was these days, he thought, but it was because of what he was, he knew.

Michael could tell right off the bat that this guy was a little jumpy. It was understandable with him being a new member and all. Michael tried to retain a calm demeanor, not wanting to throw the other in a frenzy if he could help it. He wasn’t here to cause chaos, after all. Neither of them were. He imagined that Ryan would have extended an invitation to the pack house once he’d met with the newcomer.

He clasped hands with the other hybrid, a smile on his face, and gave the other’s hand a firm shake. “Well it’s good to have you,” he’d say, and then he glanced around the place though he wasn’t really looking for anyone, merely accentuating his next words – although he did make sure to let go of the other’s hand – and said, “I think I’m the only one here at the present moment? So allow me to welcome you, officially-unofficially, seeing as how it’s really Ryan’s decision that you’re here…” he trailed off, realizing that he was blabbing, something that he did whenever he met someone new. No, it wasn’t a hybrid thing. It was a ‘him’ thing.

“Yes, I am. One of the more dashing ones in point of fact,” he let out a laugh, an attempt to keep the conversation light, and prevent Trinity from flipping his lid, “Just kidding. So I guess I should show you to your room, hmm? That’ll be upstairs.” He started to walk towards the stairs, actually, in that moment and motioned for Trinity to follow.

“Yes, I do live here. I’m the shelter cleaner,” he shrugged in the next moment, though he clearly liked what he did here, “It’s a thankless job, but someone has to do it. Ryan told me you were in the Circus? That’s really interesting. What do you think you’ll do now?” He didn’t know if Trinity had up and quit the circus life completely – he figured he had, but Michael didn’t want to assume.
Mar 2 2018, 12:49 PM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

One Step Closer

Trinity had always gathered one striking fact when he met others: they had always experienced more in life than he felt he had. Far more than he had. Too many years spent under others control, being repressed by others had left him too confused, too conflicted and robotic. Too emotionless despite the smile he often gave just about anyone he came across. Perhaps that was just another reflex. Sometimes emotions would surface but they were never on a level of what he'd seen from others and that's where he wondered if something had been broken in him long ago.

Was he just a good pretender and nothing more? Of all the things he knew he needed, this right here was one of them. He needed to be around others that were like him, in a place where he could be protected and re-trained. Knowing nothing about Michael and his past, nothing about the pack life, Trinity relied on observing the new world around him.

At the very least, those mind-bending voices had stopped. The reoccurring thought that they'd resurface kept Trin on edge but he did his best to push the thought firmly away, keeping his attention on who was now his beta. Michael did well to keep the edginess at bay with his calm demeanor, something that was appreciated. That first meeting with Ryan had been....confusing to say the least but it hadn't chased him away. If anything, he had felt more at home than he had anywhere else.

Managing an easy smile, he nodded in appreciation of the greeting, taking a moment to glance around again. "Thanks, I appreciate it. And that's alright. Kinda think that's probably for the best since I don't think I could handle too many people right now." The blabbing didn't bother him, if anything it was a welcome relief from the silence he'd been so accustomed to.

For now, meeting only Michael was ideal. Being so brand new, had an entire new pack came at him in that delicate time frame, there was no telling how he would have reacted. Given that he had damn near crumpled to the floor when the voices had first entered into his head, the overwhelming factor of it all would have been too much for him right now.

Not to mention this here was the man that Ryan had told him to come and find should the Alpha not be available for any reason. The one that would be able to help with the calming nature of a pack member in the case that Trinity did flip his shit and needed a mediator. A steadying hand. Smiling a bit wider at the man's laugh, he walked along with him until he stopped at the bottom of the stairs, watching Michael.

"Actually...Ryan showed me that earlier. I was kinda hopin' you might be able to show me what else is around here? The kitchen, garden, places I'm not supposed to go, that sort of thing." His head tilted when the other stated he lived there at the shelter and was also the one responsible for the cleanliness of the place. So that was why everything was so well kept. Keeping up with all the temperamental hybrids had to be a 24/7 job but it didn't sound like the man was unhappy about it.

"Seems like a pretty busy job but you do a good job of it. The place is nice, homey," he murmured, observing around him. It still hadn't sunk in that this would be his new living quarters. In time, he'd get used to this new way of life. "I was. It was a good job for awhile till I found this place. A pack seemed like a better option than hitting the road again. What I'll do now?"

The Black Market had already shown interest in him and he'd almost messed up. Partnered with a vampire he didn't favor, he wasn't sure if he'd get a callback or not. Either way, he chose not to let slip that small tidbit as he shrugged his shoulders back.

"Now, I guess I'll just pick something at random and see how I like it. Trial and error until somethin' sticks, y'know?" Now that he was keeping his feet rooted in the cement here in San Fran, he had plenty of time to figure out his path. There was no more picking up and moving on, rinse and repeat. Curiosity struck as he tilted his head, eyeing the other man.

"So how long have you been a hybrid?"

xxx
Notes

Mar 14 2018, 09:07 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
Michael was not an old hybrid by any means – but he’d lived a full life as a witch, longer than he deserved he’d think, and now that he was a hybrid, he didn’t really know where his life was going to go now. He knew that he would continue to serve Ryan to the best of his ability, and provide the support he could to the pack members that they’d already taken in and the ones that they would take in much later in life. He also knew that becoming a hybrid was probably the best thing that could have happened to him. Were he still a witch, he just knew that he’d be bitter and angry at the world – and angry at what he was, as well. Weak, pathetic, and incapable of enacting the revenge he had planned for the demon that had taken everything away from him.

Who knew the path that he’d be on if he hadn’t become a hybrid? Would he have turned to darker magic? Hit the bottle more and die at an early age due to alcohol poisoning? Michael had never given it much thought. It’d never been brought up. That entailed living in the past, and the past was not a place he wanted to be. It was the here and the now, and the future he had to look forward to. He was happy now, at least; he hadn’t been happy when he was still a witch. All that pain and heartbreak he endured, he wouldn’t wish it on anyone in the world. It wasn’t like him to wish harm on anyone, actually, but sometimes the hybrid part of him became too oppressing, too loud for him to ignore. He was a predator now, after all. He’d been a mortal for a couple decades, and he was sure it’d take longer than that to get used to being a predator.

Michael tried to remain calm whenever he dealt with someone who was new, and/or new to the pack. It wasn’t a wise idea to get all riled up – he knew what being new was like. The overwhelming hunger alone was enough to drive a person batshit, if they weren’t already that way. By now it was a safe bet, he thought, to think that someone had to be at least a little crazy in order to be a hybrid – but then again he thought the same of vampires, too.

“You’ll get used to that quick, living in the city,” he said, smiling, but withholding the chuckle that tickled the back of his throat, “But take solace in the fact that it’s generally quiet here. Usually.” It comforted him to know that, at least – but he also knew that there were those within the pack that could get out of hand easily if they weren’t careful.

Michael had stopped about the middle of the stairs – wow really? Usually Michael was stuck with that kind of thing, especially if Ryan was busy with something else, yet he didn’t say anything to suggest any of that. He turned, then, shortly after the new guy began telling him what he had to say, and then Michael said, “I can do that. Now, these places you’re not supposed to go,” he began descending the stairs again, coming up on Trinity’s shoulder a few inches to the side, “Would it be a wise idea to tell you them? You might just get tempted to check them out for yourself.” He sounded completely serious before cracking a smile. He put his hand on Trinity’s shoulder, then, patting it as he said, “There is only one place that you’re not supposed to go, and that is a personal place of Ryan’s. I’ll show you where it is, but best not try to take a peek, hmm? That gets back to Ryan and he’ll have my head.”

Michael started leading the way, waiting a moment for Trinity to follow before showing him to the kitchen first. “This is the kitchen, as you’ve probably guessed,” standard as kitchens go, everything was where you thought it might be, and he told Trinity this, “Pretty self-explanatory. Dishes, pots, pans, glasses, etc. are all in the cabinets, food in the fridge as well as the pantry, and laundry room is down the hall. You’re welcome to do the laundry of your own personal items like shirts, pants, underwear, socks and the like, but I will take care of the sheets, towels and blankets for your room.” He’d explain before leading him towards a hall which he did not go down, “This is where Ryan has his private area. I recommend not going down here at all except to use the laundry room, which is the first room to the right.” He stood outside of it, actually, and pointed inside, “Multiple washers, multiple dryers, otherwise I’d be doing laundry all day, which is pretty much how it works anyway.”

“I do try to keep things nice here. Keep the place clean, and it generally makes people happier,” he’d say, leading Trinity to the back door, which he’d not go out of, “Out there is the garden,” he’d say, pointing, and then he’d lead Trinity back to the kitchen, “That about wraps it up. Random, eh? What sounds like something you’d want to do? What are your interests or hobbies? Do they even allow that kind of thing in the circus?” He stifled back another chuckle, merely out of respect.

And then Trinity asked Michael how long he’d been a hybrid, to which he replied, “For about twenty years, give or take. Honestly I kind of just stumbled into it you might say. I was a witch before this.” He hoped Trinity wouldn’t ask too many questions – but he was a new guy, and as a new guy, he was curious about his pack mates. It was only natural.
Mar 25 2018, 12:06 PM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

One Step Closer

Life in the city of San Fran had been intense and chaotic. Trinity had learned quickly that if he wanted to survive here, he had to keep up with the speed that everyone else here kept to. The showman of the circus had brought them all to a place where bigger and better opportunities awaited but the hybrid hadn't been overjoyed about any of it. Bigger, louder crowds meant worse cravings where someone always ended up hurt, often because of him.

"Quiet's a plus." Trin liked to think he was docile enough when he wasn't backed into a corner, forced to defend himself. He wasn't stupid enough to convince himself that he was untouchable or where his patience wouldn't be tested by someone here but he hoped he'd be granted sometime before that happened. Part of the reason he had agreed to join the hybrid pack was to learn better control from those who had better ways of grasping the concept.

Watching Michael descend back down the stairs, the corner of Trin's mouth tweaked. Solid information on the places to avoid in his new home were important to have, as were the house rules to abide by. This didn't mean in the least that his curiosity wouldn't get the best of him. "Understood," he agreed, head tipping into a nod. "Can't say I'd be the best new house guest if I was the reason the beta got beheaded the first day." He couldn't help himself, a soft snort of amusement blew out from his nostrils.

Michael seemed a good man, friendly and welcoming, it wouldn't have boded well for any kind of friendship with a new pack member had Trin screwed him over. When the tour began, he was all ears and polite company, listening without interrupting. Used to a much smaller dwelling than this that included collapsible kitchen's, tents set up underneath the flickering stars and moving homes, the hybrid shelter was a lot to take in. Terribly aware that privacy was a thing of the past, Trinity mused over how he would handle such a breach.

Would he have the uncomfortable sensation of someone breathing hot air down his neck at every turn? Snapped out of his thoughts when they came across the area where the laundry room and Ryan's private area lay, the bleached-blond took it all in silently. It would take time to adjust to not doing everything himself, namely his own sheets and towels, and he was sure he'd forget until Michael had to remind him he'd take care of it. Another tweak etched into the corner of his mouth.

"Sounds like you do a lot here. Do you ever need help or do you just enjoy doing it yourself?" Some people did enjoy the quiet time, something that Trin could understand. Eyeing the garden outside, he took note of the earthy smell of vegetables and greenery, allowing the simple scent to calm his nerves further. Reaching a tattooed finger upward to scratch at one of his temples, he turned to look towards the other hybrid with a conflicted look creasing his youthful face.

"Guess it sounds a little stupid for me to say I dunno, huh? I mean, I've done stunt tricks on my bike for long enough, not even sure I have any other hobbies." Turquoise eyes flickered away briefly as he took in a breath, a thoughtful look taking place as he tried to revisit a time when he even knew what he wanted. He'd wanted a pack and he hadn't wanted to be alone for the rest of his life, that much he knew.

Smirking, he returned his gaze to Michael, folding his arms across his chest as he moved to lean back against a counter top. "Everyone gets their little niche in the circus but you can't really gravitate out of it, 'least not where I came from. I couldn't decide I'd rather eat swords than do trick-riding, for example."

Chuckling at his own expense, he rolled his shoulders back into a shrug until he ventured forward with his curious question. Michael's answer wasn't one he expected, obvious by the surprised way his eyebrows bounced upward. "A witch?" The thought surprised him if only because he was used to the notion humans were often turned. "You stumbled into it? How..." His voice hovered on the 'how' of his question, tone lower in volume as he treaded carefully. With his own story of becoming a hybrid violent and a bitter taste in his mouth, he didn't know what to expect from the others.

In a few steps, he pushed himself away from the countertop in search of a glass in one of the cupboards. His mouth felt dry and scratchy, thirsty and in need of some water after the day he had already had. One cupboard after another was opened and closed with a soft bump of wood on wood as he navigated what would be his new kitchen, a place he knew he needed to figure out on his own. Fingers were a bit shaky, nervous in their endeavor to find what he was looking for, but it wasn't the sole reason he shook.

This whole day had been thrust upon him in a blink and he was still trying to absorb even a handful of it. Once he finally found the glasses, he immediately pulled one out and ambled his way on over to the sink. With a lift, he turned the handle of the faucet on and watched the clear water trickle and pour out into the clear glass, a lost thought taking over as he waited for Michael's response.

xxx
Notes

Apr 4 2018, 09:30 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
Life in the city was by far, well, just more than what he ever had in the country. His first city experience was when he first decided to check out Ryan’s hotel – the first shelter before they’d established the one here. He remembered his encounter vividly, but – okay that was getting a little ahead of himself. But he had to wonder if Trinity would even be interested in hearing the beta’s story.

“Oh yeah, definitely.” He’d say. There was the odd tenant at the shelter that was munched on, and things could get a bit out of hand if they weren’t careful. A house of volatile hybrids was like a ticking time bomb. It was only a matter of time before it went off. Thus far, however, things had gone on without incident. People who passed through those doors did well to keep to their own business, unless that business required Ryan to be in the room at the time.

“Yeah, I rather like my head where it is,” he’d say, managing to keep a straight face, “I’m not sure how I’d look on a wall, at any rate.” He went along with the humor. Of the two in charge of the pack, Michael was probably easier to get along with when it came to such things. He had a light hearted attitude about most things. His inner beast, though, could be just as terrifying as any other hybrid’s – of that he had no doubt.

“I take solace in doing things by myself here. I’m rather picky about things being done a certain way,” and “And though I’d gladly be willing to explain how to do something to another person, it’s just easier if I do it myself, you know? There are volunteers that come in, and sometimes they help – but I’ve also had time to show them the ropes. The ones we have, anyway.” He tried explaining things to the letter. How he wanted things done, when he wanted them done, and the like. All of these things attributed to making sure he was happy with the job that the volunteer – or whoever – had done. Some days he could be hard to please. Pleasing himself, and pleasing Ryan often went hand-in-hand, if we’re being honest here.

“Well,” he said, “Now you have all the time in the world to pick up one or two,” and then he’d add a moment later, “Honestly, if you want some good advice, do try to pick up something you like as a hobby. It helps make eternity more bearable, I think. Just like with any type of work. If you don’t enjoy it, it just seems like a chore to do it, and I’ve never known people who do chores to be particularly happy about it.” And also – “For example, I do the janitorial work here because I care about the people who stay here. I do it because I feel like I’m giving back to them. Whatever circumstances that have made them hybrids weren’t ideal. I think it helps them feel like they belong, and feel welcome.” He’d say.

“Most hybrids I’ve met were once something else,” he shrugged, then, his own story being one similar to many others that wanted to exact some kind of revenge on another person, “I lost my family. That is the long and short of it. I wanted the means to get the people who did it. I didn’t care at the time how I got it, either.” He looked at Trinity, then, and told him, “Whether it was the right or wrong choice, I don’t know, but I’m not ashamed of what I am. I think it’s made me stronger, not only in race, but in being a man as well,” he seemed saddened right before he spoke of what he had to say next, “Not everyone who becomes a hybrid had that choice.”

They would wander into the kitchen, then, and he’d lean against the countertop at the moment when Trinity pushed off from it, blue eyes observing the other as he moved about. “I don’t mean to sound insensitive,” he didn’t know Trinity’s story, and honestly, it wasn’t his business, “If I came off as such, I’m sorry. Sometimes my mouth goes off without warning.”

“Sit down, Trinity,” he said – although it wasn’t a command – he sat then, too, actually, at the counter, “So no hobbies hmm? No interests of any kind? Sounds like you have some exploring to do.” He refrained from giving the word ‘exploring’ a very Ricky-esque (I Love Lucy reference) accent, seeing as how not everyone understood such references. “What did you do when you weren’t performing?” Curiosity killed the wolf, but he was just trying to get Trinity to relax.
Apr 15 2018, 11:23 AM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

One Step Closer

Stories, they'd always been something that Trinity found himself interested in. He had never forgotten sitting around a crackling bonfire, told colorful tales by the gypsies who had taken him in. Unimaginable adventures, unforgettable characters, lessons to be learned. Curiosity had already struck in Trin regarding Michael's story, the need to know how his new pack mate had become a hybrid an itch he couldn't scratch. One way to get to know the others was to share information and he knew, eventually, he'd have to do the same.

It felt as though walking on heated coals but this was to be his family now. If he wasn't open with them, little good it would do to help him relinquish some weight from his shoulders and vice versa. Trin couldn't help but grin, unable to keep a straight face as his nostrils flared out, a breath escaping. The loss of anyone's head here was sure to be a violent, bloody event, one that he didn't entirely fancy witnessing. He appreciated that the beta was easy to converse with, to get along with and the light hearted attitude did well to get Trinity relaxing further.

"Yea, I get that. You have your own way of doing things," he repeated, showing he understood what the man had said. "Well, like I said, you do it well." A compliment to show he was one that appreciated the effort the beta put forth.

Lips puckered in thought, the advice to pick up something he liked as a new hobby advice he filed away. Now that he wasn't traveling with the circus anymore, he supposed he did have all the time in the world to find out more about himself. A snort escaped him at the mention of it making eternity more bearable. He supposed that was important and thus far, he hadn't really thought of it in that way before.

"Guess I should start makin' a running list and check things off as I go." His head tilted when Michael made himself an example. A hobby didn't have to be something that everyone did, neither did it have to be something normal. His thoughts went to the things that he did like and as sad as it was, his mind didn't land on many options. Not at first, anyway.

All ears on the story, he listened to the first opening words that got him curious. 'Most hybrids I've met were once something else.' Trinity, too, had been something else. Only human at the time of his transition but it was something of a disturbing sentiment. What came next was no better, the mention of a lost family and the need for revenge on those that had taken them away. Frowning, he remained quiet, lost on what to say to something that had taken a tragic turn.

The mere way that Michael embraced being a hybrid was interesting, something that Trin wanted to observe more if only for the fact that he couldn't say the same about himself. Once he had filled up his glass, he moved to turn back around, leaning his back up against the counter of the kitchen sink. Swirling his water, he stared at it for a thoughtful moment, bringing it down towards a hip afterward as a shoulder rolled.

"Nah, you're not insensitive. I mean..it's good to feel in control. Stronger. Can't really say I'm there myself but maybe being around all of you will help. You could probably give me some tips on how to make it easier." A little smile surfaced with a nod. He'd never had the choice to turn down what he had become, nor did he know what it was like to not feel ashamed of what he was. With so many stories here, so many new faces, the hope was there that he'd find direction and one day, he'd be able to look someone in the eye and say he was proud of what he was.

When told to sit, he moved to push himself away from the sink, sliding his glass down on the counter near Michael and taking a seat. "I've done stunt riding for so long I really never thought I'd be good at anything else." Thoughtful, he dropped his gaze to the water glass again as though they held some kind of answer for him. He'd been good at other things too, of which he didn't want to revisit. A sense of worry took over him, a sense of feeling utterly lost in the deep woods with no compass.

"I mean, I do love my bike, so I guess that's somethin'? Love doing tricks even outside the circus but can't say I'd really know where to put those skills to good use otherwise. Can't swim, so that's out. I did a lot of observing the humans, if that counts? I always wanted to be more like them than...me." He faltered a little, not knowing whether that would come off as an insult or not. Humanizing himself had become a hobby, one that he had taken seriously enough to perfect over the years until he had a dialect down, the mannerisms and their general overall vulnerability.

As he mused, the more ideas came to mind until he found himself grinning a little bit wider. "I do like to read. Everything I wanted to learn, I found in a book. Could probably take up gardening too since that seems like it could be interesting." Michael's question had turned from Trinity being uncertain and confused to answering with a bit more ease as the ideas dropped out of his head. He felt the need to continue, to share a small bit about himself in hopes that it would show a small bit of his own background.

Michael had explained how he had become a hybrid and it felt only fair to explain why there was a huge amount of confusion in the young man. Eyebrows pinched together, tighter, tongue ring clinking around in his mouth in a show of nerves.

"I wasn't given the choice to be a hybrid...I was lab-born. A human until 26. I didn't really get the chance to see the world, maybe bits and pieces here and there from being with the circus but I've never been that sociable. Spent more time ignoring what I really was and humanizing myself as much as possible. My hobby."

He supposed now that he thought about it, there had been other things he had focused in on than just his bike. Taking in a deep breath, he continued. "In the process, I kinda kept to my own little circle that included just me. So, I've got a lot to discover about myself now that I have the time." Lifting his head away from the glass, his attention returned back to Michael as he finally took a sip from that water.

"What about you? Do you do anything outside of the shelter?"

xxx
Notes

Apr 24 2018, 05:04 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
“Yeah,” he repeated, and then he shrugged, “Maybe others would do things differently – but I’ve heard no complaints thus far, so I must be doing something right.” He sounded good-natured about the subject, almost as if when he did get a complaint, he’d know exactly how to handle it. He’d rather the hybrids in the pack tell him their concerns than for him to do a bunch of guessing. Michael didn’t know about Trinity, but he himself hated guessing games. But he’d grown used to them by now. There had been a lot of predicting what might happen when he became a hybrid. All that estimation of when Ryan would ask him to do things that he didn’t want to do. He’d done them without question, like the good little servant like he was back then.

“Trying something new never hurt anyone either,” he’d say, “Try it, and see if you like it. Best advice I think I was ever given.” Of course, that was in relation to spells he wanted to try or concoct himself. He wasn’t a witch anymore, but that didn’t mean that the same rule still didn’t apply. A piss poor example – and one he’d not share with Trinity – was killing. Not necessarily people, mind you. It was something he didn’t like, nor would he guess that he ever would, but now it was in his nature and unavoidable.

Michael took to leaning against the opposite counter, his arms crossed over his chest as he delved into his own personal story. There was much more to it than what he told Trinity – but there was a moment to tell certain things, and he didn’t think that this was the right time. Trinity would tell him that the Beta wasn’t being insensitive, and Michael gave a little smile at that. “The best advice I can give is to not fight against turning. Let it happen. It hurts like hell, but the pain will pass, granted you shift whenever you can,” he’d say, “It’s hard in a city like this, finding a place to shift, but you may also want to consider never going by yourself,” and then he’d offer, “I am sure I could accompany you out into the wilderness to turn.” It was an offer he’d extend to pack members. After all, why be in a pack at all if you weren’t going to ask for help whenever you needed it? That is what a pack was; each member needed to trust each other in order for things to run smoothly.

“And what about it did you like?” He’d ask casually, looking at the other hybrid, curiosity written in the features of his face. There had to be something about being a stunt rider that the other man liked. The speed, the adrenaline, the flips through the air – there had to be something, and it was that something that made it so worth doing. You had to do something you loved, in other words, in order to enjoy life. But what did he know? The things he liked doing seemed so far out of his grasp now that he was in the pack. He didn’t do the things he used to like doing – like having dinner with family, playing catch with his son (hell, doing anything with his son), or even watching TV with his wife. Time had passed, yet there was still that void in his heart, something that refused to be sated with the simple pleasures of life. Time would heal all wounds, he had heard it said, but when exactly would that be?

“Maybe pick up people watching?” He let out a laugh – yes it was a thing – and then he’d explain, “There are people who even make careers out of it. I know it sounds incredulous, but it’s a thing – and a popular one at that.” Michael had not omitted the idea that Trinity had set forth – that he wanted to be more like people, like humans, than he did himself. It made sense, it really did. “That makes sense. But you can’t help the hand you were dealt. For whatever reason, this life chose you. You can question it, you can even not like it – but it is what it is. Everything happens for a reason.” Now, Michael was not a thoroughly religious man, but that was something he’d believed for a long time.

Somehow the picture of a hybrid gardening didn’t sit well in his mind – but that didn’t mean that it couldn’t happen. “Gardening is a useful skill to know. Grows self-reliance too. That’s important, even in a pack.” He’d say.

He was content to listen as Trinity spoke. The thing about it was, though, he wasn’t going to preach on the whole ‘accept what you are’ thing. He’d said his peace on the subject; and besides, it wasn’t his job to harp. At the question of if Michael did anything outside the shelter, and he’d not hesitate to answer, saying, “Not really, no. I mean – I like seeing theatre performances, being outdoors, and a few other things – but my job is here. My purpose is here, too.” He didn’t know if that answer would suffice, but it was the best he had.
May 3 2018, 11:37 AM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

One Step Closer

Michael sounded like a good-natured man, in general. Someone that Trinity took a guess he could come to if any one thing was bothering him or he just needed some sound advice. Some good insight. It was really all that he needed, some good individuals with steady heads on their shoulders, willing and able to guide him. Teachers, packmates, the only way for him to soar on his clipped wings was first to be taught how it was to fly.

Try it and see if you like it. Simple advice that made sense. How would he know if he hated or loved something if he didn't start at the beginning? The whole world had been offered out to him and while it could be terrifying, this big and new place, he had to start somewhere. Little did he realize that he was already taking a big leap forward, talking with Michael. Trinity had never been an open kind of guy, always keeping to himself, a loner that still managed to hate being alone. He felt his insecurities and fear dwindling away the further into the conversation they fell.

Fiddling with the rim of his glass, he looked thoughtful. Shift whenever he could, but not alone. A sentiment he wasn't used to, having spent many of his shifts as a lone wolf. There had been moments where he had ran with another but they were so few and far between that he couldn't remember the times or dates. "Yea, I'd like that. Should help me to get used to running in a pack too."

He'd accept Michael's offer to shift and run with him. Trinity knew that having a good foundation with the beta of the pack was important and he wouldn't be foolish enough to turn down an offer that could help him. He needed to bond with his fellow packmates, needed to learn how to function within a pack. Most importantly, he needed to learn how to trust them.

"Everything." His lips tweaked into a grin, a show of how much he did enjoy flying on that bike of his. "The freedom, the adrenaline. Really isn't like anything else I've ever felt before, y'know? Guess I have a little bit of love for the danger too." There was nothing quite like fear to keep someone on their toes, to keep their heart pumping in a way that made them feel alive. He supposed that was why he did it in the first place.

His gaze returned back to Michael, unaware of where his somber thoughts had gone. Instead, Trin's head tilted, thoughtful. "People watching, huh? Kinda like bird watching?" He grinned a little more at that. In a way, he had done a lot of that very thing, watching the way the humans had conducted themselves, how they interacted. The day Trinity had broken through the walls his vampire had built around him, he had defied the monster he was said to be and turned to the life of humanizing himself. It made sense to continue down that familiar road, didn't it? Continue the craft he had already practiced.

More sound advice followed about his life choosing him. That everything happened for a reason. The idea was difficult for Trinity to wrap his head around, not because he hadn't heard of it before, how there were others out there that believed their fates were on purpose. Not a horrible thought and yet he didn't know how to accept it. "What would be the reason?" He had to ask, to see what Michael thought of it himself because Trinity honestly didn't know the answer.

Smiling a little at the response about gardening, he nodded, appreciative of the easy conversation that flowed. The man listened, didn't judge and allowed him to express himself. It was really all that he needed. He didn't know if his own purpose was here, if it was yet to come or had already showed itself and he was unaware, but he was curious to learn it. To see the bigger picture that he hadn't been able to see before. "Does your purpose usually find you or do you have to go out and find it?"

Did he have to go out and grab the bull by the horns, so to speak, or did he just let destiny smack him in the face when it was ready? Patience was easy for Trinity but so was frustration. There was still too much that he felt he hadn't experienced. He had to start slow and work his way up from there. Finishing up his glass of water, he placed it back on the counter and sat back. He was at ease, intrigued by the new bond that he hadn't felt before and he wondered.

"You think maybe we could do that run soon? I dunno when you're free but I don't have anything else to do. Could use the shift and some exercise." He could use the exploration of the bond. When Michael was free, whenever that would be, Trinity was more than willing to go for that run. His body buzzed with antsy energy even now, his body language going from unsure and hesitant to one that sat up a bit straighter in his seat.

xxx
Notes

May 14 2018, 07:24 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
The offer to go running with Trinity was laid on the table, and there it would stay, even after the first, the third, or the twentieth time he went with the other hybrid. He was a pack mate, after all. If he didn’t do things for his pack mates, then who would he do stuff for?

The smile on his face was warm and genuine – when was it not? – And he said, “Might be best to do it at night, by the way. I’m not sure how people would take to seeing a massive wolf in the wilderness during the day.” He let out a chuckle. Of course he would expect to go at night. Shifting at any time during the day just wasn’t a smart idea – didn’t matter if you were a hybrid, or just a plain shifter. Same rules still applied. It was then that he strode over to the fridge, withdrew a bottle of water out of it, and then returned to his spot leaning up against the counter. Water from the tap would work, but bottles of water had always been easier to clean up than doing dishes. Not that he was opposed to doing dishes, mind you.

“Sounds like how I felt about being a witch,” he said, cracking open the bottle of water, and taking a long drink from it, “I had a very volatile power – talking to the dead is one thing – but I could control the weather, and with power like that, you grow to miss it because it’s so addictive. Or, at least, it was to me.” He spoke fondly of his abilities, almost as though part of him regretted the decision he’d made so long ago. To some extent, he might have, if he hadn’t devoted his life to Ryan and the pack. The feeling waned over the years, and now he was certain he made the right choice. But still, doubts and such would still rear their heads now and again. It was only natural. He’d been human once, after all, and you might say that his humanity still clung to him like it were his skin.

In that next moment he chuckled again, saying, “Yeah, exactly like bird watching – only without the risk of getting crapped on.” There was still that risk of getting crapped on in actuality, more than likely by a bird passing over your head as you watched people go about their daily lives.

And then Trinity asked him what the reason would be. The mood dropped a little, and the smile faded – though still present – a little on his face. “Fate?” He said, “Or it’s what God intends in the plan he made for you?” Then he’d let out a bit of a sigh, adding, “I’m not a religious man, Trinity, nor was I ever. But when I lost my wife, I knew there was a reason she was taken from me. I think the reason for me was that I needed to stop living for someone else, and live for myself and find my own purpose. I know that is a grim way to look at things, but it’s what I’ve believed.”

“I found mine, if I’m being honest. Went looking for it after my wife died, found it in Ryan, and endured a period of time where I was tested to become like him,” and then he’d pause a moment before adding, “I wasn’t accepted with open arms, either.” And then, he hoped, it would be left at that. He had the idea in his mind that by now Trinity must have deduced what kind of man Ryan was, and could fill the blanks in for himself. “It’s not always that way, though,” he’d continue, “Sometimes your purpose finds you. It just depends on the situation.”

Trinity popped the question of whether or not they could do that run sometime soon, and Michael thought for a moment. “We could do it tonight, if you want. It’s been a while since I’ve been out myself. Might do us both some good,” and then he paused a moment before asking, the smile widening a little on his face, “What do you say?”
Jun 5 2018, 02:20 PM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

One Step Closer

Another grin worked its way across his face, this one easier and without restraint. Whether it was the bond that smoothed over the frayed ridges of Trinity's hesitation or just the easy-going conversation, he didn't feel the need to remain so heavily on guard. He realized the more he spoke with Michael that the voices in his head that had startled him into a frenzy still each belonged to an individual of his new pack. Packmates that likely hadn't intruded on his privacy on purpose.

Listening, his eyebrows immediately knitted together at the mention of the power Michael had held before his hybrid days. Slowly, he brought his glass back down, further curiosity sparking up questions he didn't want to bombard the man with. Instead, he settled for showing that he understood even if he hardly felt the surface was remotely scratched.

"Like Storm from X-men? Sounds like a pretty neat ability to have. I'd take that over talking to the dead, at least." Necromancers, the poor unfortunate people that spent more time chatting it up with the dead and lost souls. Always had the thought of it made his lip curl and caused his body to shudder. Making it rain when it was hot or casting a blizzard when someone stepped on your toes, Trin couldn't say it didn't sound appealing. He was sure the other man must have missed those days.

"Did you ever make it rain on people just because you felt like it?"

Settling back into a more somber look when the mood started to dip a little, his own smile died down when he watched the fade on Michael's face. His answer was one that perked more curiosity in Trinity, a topic that he had come back to again and again. God. Fate. He'd heard those words before, had seen the many churches that had offered sanctuary along his travels but he had never had the courage to step inside one of them. Fidgeting a little, his mouth twitched in conflicted thought.

"..you believe in God?"

God. A man said to turn no one away. Trinity had thought about this mysterious figure, one that believed in peace for all and he had to wonder if that would have meant a monster like him too? Would God have turned him away if he sought sanctuary like so many others seemed to? That was in the case that this entity existed and that was something that the hybrid had never been able to understand. Some days he had clung to the comforting idea that there was a higher being out there, that things could happen for a reason, even if the reason was grim. Then faith died away as quickly as it had sparked up when something bad had happened all over again.

Trinity would never say he couldn't believe.

"You think he has a plan for everyone?...Even me?"

The way he said it, he was clinging to the idea that there was a possibility he could seek more information on this topic. That he had enough curiosity to find out more as hesitant as he could be about it. Or he was just putting in some last minute desperate hope that maybe there was a reason he was here. That he was who he was. At least then all of the pain would have made sense or he would have gone through it all for a reason in the same way Michael spoke about losing his own wife. It was a level of comfort that was needed in hard times.

Rubbing his teeth along his bottom lip in further thought, he let the topic fall away there at the other's words. Michael had found his purpose and Trinity would hopefully find his. Or, it would end up finding him. Either way he knew that he'd have to have patience, something that he could have in abundance and other times, keeping himself busy was the best way to avoid getting frustrated that he was still waiting.

Slowly, he nodded his head and offered up another smile, one that indicated he wouldn't press or push the other man further with childish questions. Every ounce of pent up frustration and energy felt as though it were suddenly being ebbed away when the agreement of taking that run tonight was offered up. Perking up in his seat, every bit of his body language pointed to the very real need to take that offer quickly.

"Yea....yea, that'd be great. I'd really love that, actually." A much needed run with a new packmate would help him get used to the bond and if Michael needed it too, the sooner, the better for the both of them. "Should I meet you somewhere in particular? I've got some things I need to do that should keep me busy for the next few hours...I can slip out to do them and then meet you here or outside when it's nightfall?"

Wherever Michael thought was best, Trin would be sure to find him there.

xxx
Notes

Jun 9 2018, 10:22 PM
Hybrid - Wolf/Vampire
Arawn Pack (Beta)
Bisexual
Single // Unshipped
Mitch, Father Michael

awards

Father Michael
J-Chan
“Yes, like Storm from X-Men.” He said, a little bit surprised that he understood that reference. Comic books were so not his thing when he was a child. It was always reading books that contained supernatural things, like grimoires and other books, because he wanted to learn what kind of abilities he would have when he was older. He could remember sitting in his and his brother’s room, each of them pondering over their history and trying to fathom what powers they would be blessed with when they were old enough. The twins, Michael and Mason, couldn’t have been more than six when they first started that, each of them staying up late at night with flashlights in hand as they poured over such readings to guess what powers they would receive. And it was not two years later that his first power – mediumship – and his brother’s first power – foresight – started to show themselves.

“Talking to the dead can be a comfort, I began to learn,” he said, arms crossed over his chest as his shoulders bounced a little in a shrug, “I was allowed to speak to my great-great grandmother, who I learned that that is where I got the power of Mediumship from – and I would learn the same kind of thing with the weather power I had, only it had belonged to cousin who lived two hundred years ago.” They were interesting to learn about, he knew, and his ancestors talked about them with fondness, almost as if it was like that they missed the powers that they once had.

And then he was asked if he had made it rain on people if he felt like it. “Yes,” he said with a grin on his face, “A group of girls my brother and I were – for lack of a better term – stalking to see if a couple of them would go to a school dance with us. They said yes, eventually.” His eyes shined with mischief as he spoke of the eventual time that they would say yes. One of them had given in much earlier than her sister, also part of a set of twins, and had originally approached Mason to ask him if he’d go with her, only to flirt with Michael the entire time they were at the dance. The memory was a fond one, and a happier one that he didn’t mind talking about with certain people. Of course he wouldn’t have told a complete stranger about that – but Trinity wasn’t a stranger. Not really.

And then, quite surprisingly, Trinity asked Michael if the man believed in God. Michael didn’t know quite what to say to that, and it was a long moment before he finally answered, “My brother was killed by a demon, as was my wife,” he said, a frown crossing his lips and a hard look washing over his face, his lip twitching for a mere second before he continued, “Kind of hard not to believe in such things after that happened.” He hoped that was where that conversation would end – but he could understand the curiosity, so he added, “I’ve always believed that you have to believe in something. God, people – as long as you believe in something. For me, originally, it was my family and my coven. Then it was God. And then, finally, it was Ryan and this pack.”

“That is up to you, Trinity,” he said, “If you choose to believe in God and accept him, it might be that he will have a plan for you. But you have to let him show you that, and a little faith is required,” and then he said, “Not everyone believes in God – and I think they have good reason. They say he takes loved ones away, but he also gives, as well…” he chuckled, then, realizing that he was about to preach, and he was sure that Trinity didn’t want to hear that kind of thing, “I don’t think you want to stand here and listen to me preach. Honestly it’s up to you what you want in your life. That, above all, is what matters.”

“We can meet here – that would be fine. I need to finish up here, and then we can head to the woods together,” he said, the smile returning to his face, “We can go to the woods in my car, if you’d like. Or we can take a cab there and I can arrange for someone from here to pick us up. Whatever works for you.”
Jun 25 2018, 11:25 AM
wolf/vampire
Arawn Pack
Homosexual
Single/Polyamorous
Trin

awards

Conflicted Puppyvamp
Carnival

One Step Closer

X-Men, one of the few stories that Trinity had followed along with when he had first discovered them. People with strange abilities, often misfits that felt out of place and never felt as though they belonged. He had found some similarities with himself and the ones that struggled most, Rogue, Jean and Cyclops. Reading those comic books had been a luxury and a way to pass the time before he had joined up with the circus. What would it have been like to be born a different species entirely, one with powers, Trinity had to wonder. The thought of talking to the dead had always disturbed him and yet, to talk to someone he had missed, it wouldn't have been so bad. Hearing that Michael had been able to talk to his great-great grandmother changed the darkened way the hybrid had looked at such powers.

Silent and thoughtful, he ran a finger along the rim of his glass, allowing Michael to speak without much interruption. The story of the group of girls had brought a grin to his own face, a lighter subject that he was glad to hear about before the subject took a darker turn.

"..I'm sorry..." were the only words, empty as they were, that he could offer to losing two people to a demon. It seemed a horrible way to die and a subject he knew he needed to skate carefully around. Hardly was it fair to dredge up Michael's own pain because of his curiosity and so, he fell quieter again, head slowly nodding in understanding.

As long as he believed in something.

Eyebrows knitted together, tongue flicking out to wet his lips as he took to heart the advice that Michael gave him. It was his choice to believe, something that he wasn't entirely used to feeling and the notion was a comfortable one. He appreciated what Michael had offered him, giving him some food for thought as he moved to slip away from the chair he had occupied, moving back over towards the sink to wash out his empty glass.

"I'll remember that. Gives me something to think about," he said over his shoulder, turning the water off and returning to face the other hybrid. "Sounds great. I'll meet you here when it's time and we can go in your car, that's perfect." Pushing off of the counter then, he smiled, appreciative and excited for the run that he knew his wolf, and himself, needed. "I'll see ya then." And with that, he had slipped away to let Michael finish up what he needed to around the shelter while Trinity had gone to finish up his own errands for that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on that night he had returned, as promised, joining Michael as he slipped into the other man's vehicle for the ride up to the woods. Trinity was thoughtful, quiet as he left his window rolled down to breath in the many scents that mingled and mixed in the cool night air, nostrils flaring to breath it all in. When the car had finally rolled to a stop and Michael had shut the engine off, Trin moved to open his door, slipping his way on out as his boots crunched down on the many leaves and earthy twigs beneath his feet.

Shutting the door quietly behind him, he looked around them, listening to the scurrying of the night time critters that took shelter in the brush and up high, in the holes of the pine-scented trees and beyond. It smelled of peace out here, of pure freedom with which they could stretch their long legs and antsy paws. Stepping further away from the vehicle and towards a clearing, Trin tipped his head back and breathed in the scent of earth, pine needles, bark and sap.

"Don't mind me too much as a wolf. Never really got out too much," he murmured, moving to slip his way out of his shoes already, nudging them over near a few collected rocks. He could be both a bit too anti-social and too timid, other times too carried away with his playfulness and yet it often depended on who he was in the company of.

Moving to remove his shirt next, he worked it up and off of his frame, pulling the material free and off of one arm as he tossed it off onto the rock beside his shoes. Fingers moved to his belt, wasting no time in preparing for the shift, undoing it and working the zipper down, mindful of keeping his back to Michael in the case that the man was conservative or didn't much fancy eyes on him. Pants slipped off next with a clatter of metal as long legs moved to kick them off, the cool air causing muscles to twitch in pure antsiness, head moving to the side as tense bones cracked.

xxx
Notes

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 

Fast Reply

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.