Fugue State

a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity

summer event: june 10th - August 31st
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

New Thread

Because I Had Danced, @Dani/Rhys | packhouse garden
May 4 2018, 08:31 AM
31 (turned at 30) hybrid mode / violin teacher
wolf/vampire
Because I had danced, the beautiful lady was enchanted. Because I had danced, the shining moon echoed. Proposing marriage, the god shall descend.
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
her/trash | gmt +1 | 3/3/3 | Eien#0897
He didn’t have a green thumb.

Concluded so very simply when the small plant he’d planted in the garden proved to be all too stubborn and wasn’t growing. Yuan didn’t blame anyone. He had no real skill for it, and he’d tried, and researched and asked around everyone but him, that man, the one. Gabriel. Yuan still couldn’t come close to him. It was wrong that there was literally one pack member he technically wasn’t permitted to see, he was but he also wasn’t, that man-boy just as tall with a serious expression as Yuan remembered, and an intense, handsome appearance and the blood that sang to him because he had been made by another hybrid. A fact that Yuan well understood, having been informed of it by Law himself. It was why Law didn’t want them… interacting, in a sense. Because that pliant man that had knelt and wept at seeing Yuan had been changed by a hybrid, and it made him complacent, giving in their presence. A part of Yuan didn’t want to know. Another did.

Another wanted, and feared it and yet would have fought for his right to interact with his pack and he did sometimes see Gabriel around. Sometimes, their eyes locked. Sometimes, he thought he saw sadness in Gabriel’s. It looked like an apology that they couldn’t talk.

Sometimes, he remembered how he’d been called.

Jun. The ex. The double. Another. Yuan remembered that, but the patience he’d thought endless turned out to have an end. He knelt over his seedling, young and underdeveloped, looking like a failed attempt. And he smiled at it, anyway.

Right. He really should go to Gabriel, the resident gardener as he had been named. And cook, and baker and seven other hefty titles that sounded like a bit too much but somehow, having met his uncle, it was like naming the sun hot; logical, even though a bit too overwhelming at first to get accustomed to. But logical. And Yuan perused this thought again, well aware he’d not, in fact, be able to talk to Gabriel, aware his curiosity had been growing larger and larger as of late, and the man moved in the vicinity of his future mate, of his witch, of his uncle, independent, and yet well protected, with the attractive aura of forbidden that filled Yuan with strange sadness.

He wanted to meet him… but what if Law’s worries were correct and he’d try to eat him? Presented with a dangled flesh, though Yuan disbelieved Gabriel, or anyone would consciously stick out their neck like that, how long before his control snapped and he had his fangs deep in the man’s neck?

How long?

Yuan cradled the face of his face in his hand, looking adorably, amusedly… helpless. Resigned-like until he stood up, the sun bearing down on his frame with all its incandescent shine and his eyes squinting to react, gaze ducking down. Ah… well. Perhaps he’d give up on his little plant then. He’d watered it, he frequented it… he noticed, he thought he noticed it’d been tempered with, that the weeds he’d last forgotten to take out were missing. That there was someone making sure it lived, and yet giving him the free reign to end or flourish it that belonged to him. It left Yuan with a twinge in his heartbeat. He walked for the pack house--

And noticed someone else was just coming back, possibly from a run. Yuan moved to stand between the white picket fences where the gate out the private pack garden should have been, but instead there was just a rectangle archway, too short for his person, forcing him to duck somewhat, but an open, free space where he assumed position and watched with a tense, small smile as the man returned.

Rhys. Yuan certainly knew of him. Knew him, as well. And yet he believed they had barely interacted, and it left him with a nervously tumbling tummy, a flush to his cheeks (maybe from the sun, as before mentioned burning), or some silly, odd notion of nerves frayed at the thought of speaking to someone, finally and at last, who originated from the fabled Duluth pack. And yet, there was no gain in silence. Yuan attempted--

“Rhys,” and definitely felt awkward at that very moment. Still, he shot the man an apologetic, but happy grin, and said, “I’m sorry, you’re probably on a hurry. Am I interrupting?”

Yuan's tone was a light lilt. He abandoned post.

And stepped out to meet the other, sort of half-way through to give him a look forgiving, and amiable, speaking, "Back from a run? Do you have a moment? I don't think we've ever properly spoken."

They most certainly have not.
@Dani

--------------------
user posted image
May 4 2018, 04:06 PM
Wolf
A friend's eye is a good mirror.
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
She/Her | Eastern | 3/3/3 |
It had been a wonderful morning to just go out and do a quick run.

Nothing to worry about.

Nothing to have to run from.

No stupid exams or papers that he needed to worry about.

Well, at least for another two months unless he decided to try and go for summer classes. Honestly, Rhys was not too sure of what he was going to do just yet. Most of him was considering getting a summer job so that he would have a bit of extra cash to mess with if he so chose to. Hell, if the job was simple enough he might be able to do both classes and a job. He'd have to talk to Law about that.

Not that it mattered right now. Honestly, school was not at all on the werewolf's mind. At the moment, he was just rocking out to the music that was blaring in his ears as he took in the sights and smells of the pack territory for his usual morning run. He had purposely taken just a little longer to enjoy the morning since nothing was going to force him to be somewhere.

By the time he was making his way back, others seemed to be going about their day. One was taking a shot at gardening, something that Rhys would never try on his own willingly. Law could force him to cook, or try to. It was a necessary skill that Rhys really should learn to appear a bit more adult incase he ever needed to. However, gardening did not have those same concerns. Besides, Rhys had tried it when he was younger and had the thumb of death. He had even managed to kill a cactus, something that people swore you could not kill.

He did.

Gracefully too.

He slowed to a stop when he noticed the other wolf appeared to want to talk. A smile spread across his lips as he lifted one finger to try and tell the man to wait before hitting pause on his music player and taking the headphones out of his ears and letting them rest on his neck. "Hey! How are you doing?" he asked, starting to walk towards him with a smile. "Nah, just went for a run in the morning like I usually do. Don't have any more classes and I'm a jobless bum as of now. What's up?" he asked, tilting his head a bit to the side as he waited patiently for the other to answer.

A chuckle pushed out before he nodded his head, "Yeah, I got some time. Would you complain if we talked while we uh- got some food or water? I can come right back out, or we can, if you need to work on your garden longer? I just need to get some water." he assured the other, wanting him to feel comfortable. He could feel the nervousness rolling off of the other and he just wanted to try and ensure that he was feeling alright.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
May 5 2018, 06:06 AM
wolf/vampire
Because I had danced, the beautiful lady was enchanted. Because I had danced, the shining moon echoed. Proposing marriage, the god shall descend.
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
Rhys motioned at him to wait. Smiling almost stupidly at that, but merrily, Yuan indeed waited, the skin around his eyes creasing, laugh lines forming, giving him a sweet, good-natured appearance though it wasn’t too avuncular yet. It didn’t exactly fit Law, either, their illustrious leader though Yuan was all the readier to name him so than to ever stand in the mirror and claim: I am avuncular.

He wasn’t even sure many understood the word. He’d learned it, not that long ago.

He blinked.

Ducking out from the limiting archway, so he could finally stand on his long legs, towering over the man as he did over anyone else in a fact that he never noticed unless you did, along with the long, leggy and unending legs, he peered at him, and settled a hand on his hip in a jut forward while his upper torso leaned somewhat backwards, creating an arch of his figure like a relaxed bow. Into that he said, “Ah, that’s good then”, a thoughtful muster you’d say, his hand at his face, rubbing at his chin, his lips--

He smiled, then. Kindly. Lowered his hand back by his side, leaving it to hang limply and without sort of a need to move it around, as he said to the man, with a kind, calm shine in his dark eyes--

“No, at at all.” He forced out a shy, bitter chuckle. Moved out farther. “Gardening and I aren’t friends,” he said. He made a helpless face. “I gather my attempt will end in its death. Oh, I’m so sorry for the plant,” he said. He didn’t even look behind himself. Just scratched the back of his neck, eventually taking advantage of the vicinity of the hand to bring it up to his ear and sweep through the hair there, the undercut hairstyle he’d employed recently leaving either side of his head covered in short fuzz, with the hair dragged straight at the top of it spilling down the sides, and also in his face. He tucked the strands back, toying with them as he walked with Rhys back to the house, into it saying, “I’d definitely appreciate actually talking outside. The weather is lovely. I can wait for you?”

He cringed, playfully, and corrected, “I’ll wait for you.” Decided. The weather really was kind, the sun burning and Yuan refused to picture them contained inside when the air, as he decided, would feel stuffy. Maybe, not too much. With how well aired the house was, and the presence of AC’s in every room, there was no way of feeling crowded in those rooms except that the wolf and the man he was detested close confinements, and spent enough time inside giving violin lessons he’d regard this vast outside as beyond a lush present. It was a godsend and so, reaching the front door, Yuan said to Rhys, arms down by his sides once more and also the naughty, errant strands that gave to the gentle wind that blew past, caressing his forehead and temple again in streaks of soft black--

He told Rhys, “I’ll wait for you here?” He looked to the side in thought-- “Ah, I’ll get thirsty. I should rush in with you to grab a drink for me too.”

Hmm. Thoughts?

--------------------
user posted image
May 20 2018, 09:02 AM
Wolf
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
Rhys's smile seemed to spread at the comment about gardening and offered a bit of a shrug before letting out a laugh. "I can understand that. I am where good food and plants go to die. Can't cook too well yet, though I am learning, and I think I managed to kill a cactus once, if that tells you anything." he responded, certainly not having any kind of problem with admitting those flaws to anyone who asked. Ramen and take out were a stable before he had been turned and had started to get fed by the pack.

Sure, cooking lessons were sort of helping, and so did having a cook book and shit that aided with the cooking. However, Rhys was rather certain that no one in their right state of mind would call his cooking great.

Good, maybe.

Edible? Probably now that he was getting the hang of it.

Great? Hardly.

When Yuan offered to wait for him outside, Rhys nodded his head and looked like he was about to dart in when Yuan continued to talk. He stood there awkwardly at the door as he waited for the other to make up his mind, just giving a bit of a nod when he finally decided. "I can grab you a drink if you want. You grab us some seats and I'll grab like,a muffin and a drink." he offered, already vanishing into the house.

Not too long after sliding in, Rhys came back out with his hands full. Two glasses of water were currently being held while Rhys carefully balanced a box of donuts under his arm. Honestly, the young werewolf had no real intention of eating more than one himself, maybe two, but it was easier to just bring the entire box out than try to figure out how to do try and balance it. It was still too early for him to figure that one out.

He set the items down on the edge of the table before turning to face him and offering a bit of a smile. "Sorry about that. I usually run in the morning, then stuff myself with food and hydrate a little bit." he admitted as he already grabbed one of the donuts from the box rather quickly. "Want one?" he offered before taking a bit out of the one he grabbed. He went to take the glass and sit on the chair, looking out about the property as he tried to relax after the run.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
May 20 2018, 09:34 AM
wolf/vampire
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
Yuan just awkwardly chuckled at that, scratching the back of his head, trying-- “With… great strength comes great responsibility, is that how the quote goes?” He opened his eyes in full at that, killing the previous humorous squint, and he revealed, smiling tenderly, “Perhaps… not quoted verbatim, but I admit pop-cultural reference have never been my strong suit.” Least of all recently, when he was so clearly wrapped up in his mate that he’d almost shoved all his friends out-- almost, a bitter almost if you asked Soren, and a bitter one if you asked Yuan too but all for wildly different reasons; whereas Soren would be happy to keep Yuan to himself, Yuan wanted his social circle of friends to be as broad as it could get. It wasn’t about quantity. It was about the love and joy for company, the noise of people, the ringing, minutes long laughter.

It was about living. And that couldn't achieved without people.

He smiled at Rhys eventually, both standing at the house and deciding he didn’t want to be a bother and drag this out, Yuan just told Rhys, sweetly, “Of course, just grab away, I’ll wait.”

What seats did he mean, though?

It was a curiosity that Yuan did get to wonder about, after all he wasn’t sure muffins and seating arrangements had been ever agreed on-- still, not one to feel hindered by similar ‘concerns’, he looked around them, trying to find some adorable bench of sorts leaning conveniently against the walls of their home, there on either side of the backdoor and father down either side, too. It was pretty nifty, and Yuan definitely appreciated that porch swing, too. Hardwood, homey, and lined with a cushion to make anyone's stay there fully comfortable, it looked most inviting, and with the two added pillows and a lovely, likely hand-made quilt draped over its one side, it was basically impossible to resist, even if Yuan would have originally preferred a walk; staying still was never his strong point.

He looked back when Rhys returned.

Blinking as Rhys elected to balance the surprise box of something doughy, baked and sweet on the railing, a pastry no doubt, he glanced back at the other and watched him, before smiling back reflexively, hands out, shaken as he spoke--

“Oh, no, no, really, that’s okay. Enjoy.” He didn’t even peer inside. He did a second later, and still his smile widened, polite, warm and Yuan just took one of the bottles, and then snatched the box up, balancing it comfortably on the flat of his palm and saying, “Come”, as he took them to the porch swing on their right, quick to sit down and place the box between them even as he wondered of course it wouldn’t get anything greasy upon contact. One could hope.

Down and seated, Yuan made himself comfortable, his bottle cradled in his lap, notched in the space between his legs he had comfortably stretched out, endlessly, endlessly long as they were. There, he turned to Rhys, a pleasant, amiable look on his face, his smile small but honest and he asked--

“How long have you been a wolf? Or? Is this an appropriate question to ask?” Awkward and amused, he widened his smile somewhat, and asked once more. “I do admit, I should have been integrating myself a bit more with the rest. Please, tell me, what is your history with the pack?”

--------------------
user posted image
May 27 2018, 01:34 PM
Wolf
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
Rhys shrugged at the question, thinking for a moment before tilting his head a little to the side. "Were you trying to quote Uncle Ben? Because that would be right, right? From Spiderman?" he asked before deciding to make a quick dart into the house while he could.

It did not take too long for him to come back out with the goods. Even if the other male had only asked for a drink, the young werewolf assumed that it would not hurt to bring food for the other. Food was the universal symbol of peace and friendship, right? If it wasn't, it certainly should be as far as Rhys was concerned. He could not think of a time in his life where he was ungrateful for food. Granted, there were obvious exceptions to that if people were trying to be dicks about the situation, but was the really a peace symbol then?

No, no it wasn't.

So, as far as Rhys was concerned, food was the universal peace language that really ought to be the most inoffensive thing out there.

Hell, even if the thing was covered with whipped cream, he would accept the offering from someone who did not know. Not like people just knew what others didn't like.

Anyway, why was he thinking so much about food and peace offerings?

Oh, probably because he was bringing out a pack of donuts out to a person he had seen on and off but had yet to really meet them. Rhys wanted to make sure that the other knew that they could at least talk to each other. It did not help that the guy was acting so nervous around him. That was something new to Rhys since most people seemed to just assume he was about as threatening as a small fluff ball. He was used to approaching people with a smile and just talking with them.

He was a little surprised when Yuan said no to the donuts, but he guessed they weren't for everyone. Still, meant more for him he guessed. Instead of worrying too much about it, Rhys followed behind him and smiled just a little bit. "Pretty good at balancing. I don't really trust myself doing that." which was why he had carried it out how he had.

At the porch swing, Rhys sat down and put one foot on the porch before giving it a gentle kick out to start the gentle sway of the swing. He was already unscrewing the top of the bottle of water to guzzle down while Yuan started asking his question. As soon as he was done, he looked over at him and shrugged his shoulders, "Uh, I think 7 years. And, I mean, I don't mind the question. Some people might? But, I don't think its a big deal. We all live with each other and we all learn about each other eventually, so.." he trailed off, giving another shrug before leaning himself back and giving another gentle push with his foot.

"Well, I first was turned in Duluth and that went horrible and I almost died, I think, and Law was the alpha of the Chennaya pack there. Shit happened and it felt weird there and so I decided to kinda follow Law and Nico here, but, I mean, the place just felt weird in general. There was just something hovering in Duluth." he tried to explain before looking over at him. "Anyway, I ended up joining this pack, and then Law became alpha shortly after and yeah, now I'm here." he tried to summarize, assuming that Yuan did not want the little details. Once he finished his quick story, Rhys opened the box and took one of the donuts to start to eat.

"What about you?" he asked once he swallowed the first bite down.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
May 28 2018, 02:12 AM
wolf/vampire
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
Yuan gave a thoughtful look at that, speaking eventually, “I guess I was” with a breath of wonder. Enough you’d think he didn’t quite know what he’d spoken; those few pop culture references that he knew typically didn’t stay too firm in their resting position, eager to flutter off to be with a user keener on abusing them with any conversational partner. But he had just quoted that… mystery man from this or that, even if he refused to dig too far to remember who he was, if not just an uncle named Ben. Enough information shared.

They sat down, Yuan smiling warmly and calmly at other wolf upon the mention of balance-- something he didn’t quite know how to explain in words though as it went from the gifts of his species and his prior existence, he understood; elegance, grace had seemed to infect him in a torrent upon the shift to species that demanded he skulk and stalk instead of walk when the night sank. At least Yuan thought so, ridiculous as it struck him, a wild, amusing impossibility born in a child’s mind, nothing he could consider in earnest; and yet, as he thought about it, what he’d noticed upon himself prior to his first turning had become enhanced as a result of his new reality, first devolving, warping and twisting when he went wolf to adjust to the beast’s hunting predilections-- then, upgraded to a whole new other, and eerie level of being that could be utterly noiseless wherever he was, a feat he had attempted before.

A feat mastered without concern. But, as he supposed, this wasn’t today’s topic. He had asked a question, and Rhys answered, regaling humbly the details of his story, even bringing up Law, which oddly widened Yuan’s eyes in a breath of surprise. He felt tickled, suddenly. He didn’t know why. Maybe like going with Law and this pack hadn’t been such a bad choice, after all. Yuan thought back to the hybrid pack alpha, having shown up at his doorstep a few weeks back with offers so silken Yuan had thought he was touching a spider’s web; silken, deceptive, and sticky as well.

Mr Ryan Raines felt like a trap… but his pack, when compared to what Yuan had here, had then felt like a tempting offer of something perfect just now defeated by Rhys’s tale. An alpha that had helped him since the beginning… it rushed color to Yuan’s cheek and he smiled at the man--

“I’m… glad,” he spoke, tone gentle, his demeanor thoughtful. He stared off into the distance for a moment--

A moment, and a moment only as he looked back at Rhys, all the gentle laugh lines on his face, the crow’s feat forming and his retort lilting--

“Me? Well, that’s a bit of a twisted story. I was actually… commissioned to by mauled, not by myself, mind you.” Oddly, he had to smile a bit wider at that. All awkward, he scratched the back of his head, though managed to rest against the swing, arms relaxed by his sides, his features gentle and beguiling as he talked on, and his tone had this unusual, carrying ability. It had a bit of dancing accent, in places.

“By a man who needed me to be a supernatural being, for his own purposes. And anyway, I survived that, obviously. I was healed by a friend, the hospital has a deal with her, even though she was more of my colleague at that time than anything. A phoenix. I was a member of Furore, actually, before you and the others joined.” At that Yuan looked wistfully away, thoughtful for a moment. He smiled, again. Looked cute and awkward.

Again.

“I wasn’t too fond of the pack's leader then. Daryl, he was called. He was… I suppose he tried, but if I’d not gone hybrid, I’m pretty sure he and I would have devolved into enmity.” Yuan’s gaze hooded. Dark-eyed and smiling just to himself, he mused, with a breath of amusement, “I… didn’t like him. I used to, when I was a human… Ish, I think, but as I wolf I essentially detested him.

“And now I’m here.”
He smiled at Rhys cheerfully, blushing for no particular reason-- added, of course, entertained, “I mean, that’s not quite the story, is it. I did get turned. I was… killed, basically, and because of this and that I came back as a hybrid. It is a bit of a complicated story, though the bottom line is that my sire is also my lover. He was even before.”

He righted himself in his seat, sitting sideways a bit, one leg tucked under his frame whilst the other helped the swing sway, and he spoke to Rhys, again, “What about you? What are the... little unspoken rules and facts of this pack you just don’t get told, but you discover?”

What were those?

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 5 2018, 01:08 PM
Wolf
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
As Yuan told his story, Rhys munched on the donut and listened. Every once in a while, the young werewolf would allow his foot to drag against the hard wood before pushing the weight of his foot down to kick the swing off again. The constant rocking of the chair just made the entire situation a little more comforting. The gentle sway as he ate a donut and held the water bottle in his hand..

It just seemed to be right as the two discussed something that could very well be traumatic in its own right. Hell, Rhys was rather certain that if he had not ended up in as good of a pack as he had, and made the friends he had after his mauling (assuming he lived because he might as well have died) that his casual reference to it might not have been so casual.

Yuan's did not sound too pleasant either, having someone hire someone else to turn you. But then Yuan seemed to be ok with the entire situation so far. At least his sire was his lover and they were still together, that was important, right?

He was a little hard to read at the moment, but that was expected since he really did not know Yuan too well. He hoped that would change after this though. The shifter seemed like a nice enough person that Rhys imagined he would have a lot of fun hanging out with him if the other wanted to.

"Oh, I never got to really know Daryl. I didn't really join too long before Law jumped in." he admitted. "I sort of just stayed in my own apartment and kinda let things be." he explained to him before finishing off his donut and taking his water bottle to start drinking it again.

Maybe one donut was enough.

He pushed the swing again, a little more effort this time. "I'm sorry that your relationship with him was strained. " Rhys added in, looking over at Yuan as he tried to imagine how that would be. In many ways, he had been lucky he guessed since he had had the same alpha for the past couple of years that he had been a werewolf and had a hard time imagining how it would be like to have a strained relationship with the pack alpha.

To be fair, Rhys was not always super close to Law, but that had more to do with his fear of authority figures than Law himself.

At Yuan's question, Rhys had to sort of think about it before giving a shrug of his shoulders. "I mean, I am not going to lie to you, I don't pay too much attention to the subtle rules since I sorta... uh, kind of figure them out as they come. Sort of how I am. But I can tell you about some of the pack that I know well if you want?" he offered, looking at Yuan for a moment before looking back at the donut box, trying to decide if he wanted another one.

For now he could wait.

"I know that Law can be hard for some people to read from time to time, but he's not bad at all. He's kinda like that guy that cares a lot about the people he is over and tries to do what he thinks is best for them, but he just sorta says things and that part can catch people off guard. A lot of times, its funny if you get to listen in to it, or hear it yourself." he trailed off as he thought about Law and how the man had become a father figure to him despite the fear of authority figures he had. "But he is big on letting people learn from their experiences and is really against people stopping that growth. Like he is insisting I learn to cook since I don't really know and he really wants me to learn. I think I am getting the hang of it though. Not burning as much." he flashed a smile to show a little bit of humor in it.

"And he just, he's really protective of his pack. And people he cares about. Like, a situation happened in Duluth with me, and sort of a long story short, there was someone that uh- was in my life that sorta terrified me and he offered to get rid of the problem for me. I didn't want them dead so he handled it another way and now I don't have to worry about them. And I know he does that stuff for others, like, go out of his way to help." he tried to explain, knowing he sort of glazed over important details on that one. Still, he did not know Yuan well enough to just say "My mom was a bitch whoa bused me and made me terrified of even looking at a woman and blamed me for her rape. I did this haunted house thing that showed up as her and reopened that trauma to the point I damn near shut down to everyone" That seemed a little too personal.

"And then you've got Nico who is like, super smart and is always willing to help people out. He's usually a bit more quiet and often reading, but don't think he won't help if you need it. He's also the one to teach me how to properly make a blanket fort, so you know, he has a bit of a fun side. I know that he and Law really, really love each other and its sometimes fun to watch how they seem to just like- melt with each other, you know?" he tried, pushing the swing again, deciding to not get the donut for now. "But I think Nico often prefers to kind of watch people rather than just jump in. I know I just jump in." he added, giving a shrug before leaning his head back.

He seemed to think of who to go over next before sipping his water and thinking. "Then there is Gabe, who is a really good cook and really patient since he has to teach me how to cook, and I mean, I'm not good. I am getting better. But he is a really fun guy to be around. He's been a little more quiet lately, but, I guess we all sort of go through that phase. But, when we are in our wolf form, we usually are tackling and playing with each other, so if you saw two people tackling each other in the snow, that was probably us. " Rhys hummed with a large smile spread across his face as he thought about some of the mischief the two had gotten into in the past.

"And then there is Ric, who Law introduced us to each other and suggested that we date, and now we are. He's a great guy and is always smiling and just, he's great. Patient. Sweet. Nice. Willing to try new stuff with me too and we were thinking of maybe doing some traveling eventually. But, he's really nice and sometimes forgets things but its ok because he means well and doesn't try to hurt people when he does. I sometimes see his little sticky notes that he leaves up to remind himself about something we were going to do, but I don't say anything to him about them. It makes me smile actually, that he wants to remember things we are supposed to do so much." a very obvious grin on his face as he thought about the other werewolf was plastered on his face. "I'm glad that Law introduced us to each other. I was really worried at first at the idea of dating, but you know, he seems to be really patient and just actually wants to see how things go, which is really different.. But, yeah.." he coughed, catching himself there and turning a little red.

"But he is a really helpful. You know, he's a firefighter and does a lot to help people out." he smiled, looking at him and seemed to stop talking at the moment before looking back at the water before he went to drink more water. "Sorry, I just uh.." he laughed a bit and turned red. "Did that help a little at least? I mean, I think most of the stuff is probably just stuff that is sort of common social stuff in general, you know? Like don't just come up and try to start a fight with someone.. and don't try to bully people, you know? The typical stuff like that." Rhys explained to him, hoping that he helped despite all of his rambling.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
Jun 16 2018, 02:40 PM
wolf/vampire
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
Kind of just stayed in his apartment and let things be, huh? Well, that was new. Yuan looked away from Rhys like he needed to contemplate this by looking into the uncertain, vague distance with all the random points to look at. He blinked.

He looked at Rhys, and smiled, and said, “No, it’s quite alright”, and he’d have fought anyone tooth and nail if they insisted on something else. It was alright, at least such a long time down the line, and with the man long dead and widely hated, there was no further grudge to bear. And so, relaxing, Yuan elected to listen to Rhys as he placed a question he knew could yield two possible things; a polite refusal not to go on, because there was a lot to share, and not enough beer to get them through the first chapter dubbed: the leading trio, or all jokes aside Rhys would just refuse because he wasn’t feeling up to listing people’s traits like milk, bread and eggs missing in the fridge that someone would fetch. Of course, the third option yielded some answers, and Rhys launched into an explanation, and Yuan admitted--

He vaguely wished he had popcorn.

It was plentiful, and it was colorful. It was a lot of personal opinions and Rhys’s own experiences with the people shared in a few words. It felt like there could be more. Like, for example, if Rhys could tell him more about this Law that he correctly described as hard to read (from time to time), he’d list any occasion that stood out to him the starkest and then repeat all the cases that supported his claim. With good intent. Not with the passion of a lawyer wanting to win their case, but of a child, a blue crayon in one hand, four more in the left and his mouth open in a current of words, upon words, upon words without a seeming end, from Law to Nico and then of course the boyfriend. The boyfriend, although Yuan’s mind did sort of skip at Gabriel; he didn’t want to divulge, then, his own secret, forbidden desire to eat the man. Mauled by a hybrid, Gabriel had been… it tickled something ferocious, wild in Yuan that just wanted to eat.

He smiled at Rhys, and listened, even though it got to what some might have called the point of gushing. Rhys was gushing, and he was both a pretty stellar advocate for Law himself, and similarly described Ric in such a positive light that Yuan initially wanted to suggest it wasn’t the same man. Of course, no offense; his own experiences with Ric would describe him as well-intending, though blunt, and socially clumsy, a foot in the mouth sort of curse following him but he might have changed, or Yuan might not have seen the better sides of him that Rhys witnessed. It angled his gaze away, onto the porch for a moment, where he smiled as he listened. He broke out into a chuckle eventually, as the affair with the sticky notes was revealed. It made him bring his hand up to his face as though to muffle the chuckle he’d let slip then. He looked back at Rhys.

“No, no,” he said, waving Rhys off literally with his hand, “you did well, you did what I asked for.”

Well done, something in his head growled with a bit of a darker flair. Yuan casually ignored it. Looking up in mock thought, he mused, his features gentle, “I honestly don’t know those people so well… I know Adrian. He’s a bit of an adventure. Law is…” He paused. And bowed his head, bounced his shoulder as he softly laughed. “Law. He is actually sort of hard to describe. I would call him intense in his own right.”

Soren didn’t like him, although after their latest venture, he definitely appreciated Law more than he did, what was his name, Ryan. Soren didn’t like Ryan. Some innocent voice in Yuan’s head asked-- why, but the rest of him did know why. He smiled at Rhys again, happy, and content, and chatted with the man as he helped push the swing back, and it creaked, a bit, beneath their weight. Nothing to worry about yet.

“I actually knew Adie before all this happened. And she knew Drew before he joined too but I don’t know him. I knew her. She and I--”-- are friends… who. Well. He just grinned, laugh lines forming around his eyes and lips, and he looked awkward and happy. “--are friends. We’ve been friends for a while. She’s a lovely person, I’m surprised you didn’t mention her. Perhaps because you don’t know her well?” he asked, with a tilt in his head.

Maybe?

It hooded his eyes, and he carried on, in a lilt that spoke for itself.

“I… Do appreciate all this, to be honest. And I’m very happy for you and your relationship, I’m glad you and Ric are doing well. May nothing happen to change that. Are you two going to mate?” he asked, with content innocence.

“Soren and I are mates. Granted, we did get there a bit… quicker.” At that, he scratched at his neck, but then angled his head up and away, realizing something--

“Oh!”

The swing swung away.

“Reminds me, you do know I’m a hybrid, yes?” Who didn’t. “I know it’s a bit of an unusual thing to ask but could I perhaps ask you for a bit of your blood?”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 19 2018, 06:47 PM
Wolf
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
Rhys felt the swing start to lean back again as Yuan gave it a push this time. He ignored the creaking sound of the swing, rather certain that it would be able to take the weight of the two of them. There had been more wolves on this thing than there were right now, and some of them were so muscular Rhys was sure he would have been able to swing from their arms and not even have them break a sweat.

It was his turn to listen as he took another drink of the water. He did not interject to state how he faintly remembered Adrian from Duluth after so many changes had happened. He had met the other werewolf when he was not in the best place mentally, and he honestly had given up on the idea of making new friends at that point since it had felt like everyone in his world was leaving right when he started opening up. Despite that, Adrian had tried to be helpful and seemed kind enough.

Now that he was feeling better about it all, he really ought to try and meet up with him again. It would not be fair to leave it just as he had if only because he was sure that the two of them had grown since then. He knew he had.

As Yuan mentioned knowing Adie, he had to try and think back to the people in the pack before nodding his head. He remembered her, and from what he had seen of her she seemed to be very kind and out going. Willing to talk to most people from what he had seen of her. He spun the cap on the water bottle again before looking back at Yuan and gave a shrug of his shoulder in response to the question. "Pretty much." he admitted. No need to lie about it. "Honestly I don't have any bad feelings for anyone here." he explained.

At least none yet.

That could change, but Rhys hoped it wouldn't.

He looked over at Yuan as he started to thank him, lifting his shoulders in a kind of lazy shrug he just smiled. "No problem. I don't usually have a problem with talking to most people so long as I don't have something else that I have to do at the time." he assured Yuan.

The next question sort of threw Rhys for a bit of a loop as he thought of how to answer that one. He would very much like to mate with Ric if they ever seemed to get to that point. He had his own fears though, and he was honestly well aware of the fact that he was the one causing the delay in the situation. "I would like to, sometime, yeah. Just, a few things I have to kind of tackle over, first." he tried to explain, looking away from Yuan to look at his own lap.

The awkward air did not have long to linger at the sudden question, making Rhys turned his head to look at him rather confused. He had remembered Law saying that Yuan was a hybrid, and also remembered that Law had recently said it would be ok for him to drink from the pack if they allowed it. He stared at him for a moment or two before finally opening his mouth some, "Uh, is there a particular reason why?" he decided to ask, feeling that was a reasonable thing to ask.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
Jun 21 2018, 11:44 AM
wolf/vampire
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
Yuan looked up wistfully at that, as though this entire not having bad feelings for anyone was a weird concept. The set swung and their vision broadened and narrowed depending on which way it rocked, and Yuan just smiled at words, and said, kind, “I suppose that’s only admirable.” His humor confirmed that.

Thinking he’d still have to take a few minutes to correctly process the information, and regardless of everything he had been told he was absolutely free to formulate his own opinions, Yuan lapsed in brief silence, glad for it, even though it wouldn’t last too long, but glad for it all the while until he looked back at the other with another smile, though as Rhys just dismissed his thank you and explained how he worked, Yuan had no words. Simply, he understood.

And he found peace in it, he found calm in it, in this very interaction, leaning back over the bench, his gaze on some vague, unimportant point ahead-- his features remained gentle even thoughtful, a light smile playing on them too. He blinked, slowly, as Rhys seemed taken back by the question, though the other would quickly recover, or at least quick enough, and say yes, of course, cue a very sensible approach. Good natured, Yuan just chuckled.

“I’m sorry,” he said, his tone wrapped in laughter. It didn’t mock. All the clefts of his words tickled and warm, he just swung his body forward so he wasn’t sprawling back like a vagrant, and with his bottle, still mostly untouched, in his hand, he just quirked a warm, happy smile at Rhys, natural laugh lines sowing his face.

“For asking,” he said, “I didn’t mean to impose. I mean not a very open person when it comes to these matters, not by any means.” He chuckled, soft, and bit it off, looking away as he did, contemplative as he stared at some random spot on the wall.

“I guess,” he started, his tone mystified and tickled, “I am just awed by being with my own… and seeing in others what I have, or what I could. It makes me feel…” He managed a helpless, honest smile.

“Normal.”

A hybrid was anything but if you listened to most people. Case in point, his request for blood.

Yuan fixed Rhys with an understanding expression, silent as he permitted Rhys to process what had happened-- when it came to answering, his lilt came immediately. Slowly. He was calm.

“Because as a hybrid, I need a feed on blood. Because as a hybrid, if I want to belong in a wolf pack, I both need to hang out with the others, and run with you for the full moon, but also drink from your blood.”

His words, at that, didn’t dare to feel one bit resigned. But perhaps he was. Not on this reality, but rather the fact there was was sensible way of putting it, and besides, no way of controlling or predicting what the other would do.

Reject. Deny. Say no. Flee to Law. Options. Law had permitted it happen, and there were a few here who let him. Law and Adrian always did.

Had to.

But as for Rhys… he neither had to nor needed to do it to prove he considered Yuan a part of their world. It just was, and Yuan, in his understanding, drew back a bit, his smile sympathetic, his eyes sweet and warm.

“I’m sorry,” he said kindly, in a mellow, carrying tone, “for startling you with that question. But would you let me feed on you, and take a bit of blood?”

--------------------
user posted image
Jun 22 2018, 08:50 AM
Wolf
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
Rhys allowed the silence to linger for a moment, watching the scenery before feeling his eyes close. He honestly could get used to this. It was nice and relaxing, something that almost seemed to calm him for now. Yuan was proving to be a nice guy to talk to, and the morning just felt right as a lazy one.

That probably would not last long with how much it seemed Rhys always had to move, but he could enjoy the stillness every once in a while. The rocking of the porch swing helped a little bit. It seemed to aid him in being able to stay in one place. A rarity indeed.

He allowed Yuan to apologize for bringing up the mating situation but shrugged his shoulders. It seemed like a common enough question to be asking once two werewolves started to see each other. Honestly, it seemed that the two of them had been dating for a long time according to some werewolves, and it made him a bit uneasy. 

Should he just suck up his own fears and emotions and just do it? Was Ric getting tired of waiting for him to decide? Would he lose Ric if he did not start acting sooner?

His eyes glanced over at Yuan, pushing aside his own anxieties for now, though was chewing on his lower lip, not too sure of how to respond ”It’s ok. I know we seem to have been dating for a long time according to some people.It’s ok though, thanks.” he admitted, not too sure of how to respond to the apology. The young werewolf did not want to seem dismissive or make Yuan feel like he couldn’t talk to him or ask him questions. That was a part of having a conversation, right?

At Yuan explaining what blood did for a hybrid, Rhys seemed to think it over. That made sense in its own way.

”Huh, I didn’t know that part. I knew you needed blood to a point, but did not know it helped with bonding.” he admitted. Again, it seemed a little foolish now that he was thinking about it. Maybe he knew and it had slipped his mind? Who knows.

”You did not really startle me, I guess. I mean, maybe you did. It more caught me off guard.” he answered, trying to explain how his mind was working, or not, in this case. Nervously, Rhys scratched the back of his head as he felt the redness spread from his cheeks to his ears and partially down his neck. Part of him assumed this was all information he should have known, which just made him feel stupid. The other part realized that it was ok to mess up every once in a while.

The next time Yuan asked him, he looked over the other male and nodded his head, flashing another smile towards him. ”Sure, uh, where are you going to bite me?” he asked, not too sure of how this all worked. He assumed it wasn’t going to hurt a lot. Maybe like a needle prick or something akin to that.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
Jun 24 2018, 06:47 AM
wolf/vampire
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
Yuan stilled--

“No,” he said gently, reaching out to the other’s hand, placing his own atop it and then curling his lips at him, in a grin, sunny, tight-lipped, pretty, his eyes hooding to the point of almost appearing closed and he looked happy as he talked-- “That’s… alright. You will advance at the speed you prefer. There is no such a thing as a deadline for such things, there’s just doings things early.” At that, he squeezed Rhys’s hand and soothed, in a tone warm-- “So, you take all the time you need.”

For a moment he shone so certain like the spring sun. He pulled his hand off Rhys then, permitting the man to both get himself back together-- and lose that uncertainty that he wore on himself, subtle and yet thanks to the bond that they shared a visible sensation that spun greedily around his figure. Yuan almost liked tapping into the bond; the evidence of his belonging, its sheer, raw and intense power was often felt and grabbed by him as though a silken piece he wished to forever feel slip through his fingertips. Never for the pleasure of reaching the end, but the experience of the tangle itself. He tapped into the bond, but again if Rhys didn’t wish to address more, then more would not be addressed. Either way they moved on from that topic and as though to quench the thirst he had summoned by the error of mentioning it in words, Yuan finally reached for his bottle, uncapped it, opened it--

And he drank, all the while thinking to himself, huh, certain that Law had explained it all to them and yet Rhys not knowing was odd then. How didn’t he? Hadn’t he listened? Put two and two together? It was an actual mystery Yuan couldn’t explain. He let it go, not too interested in the peculiar problem, focused, actually, on the fact that he’d gotten Rhys to turn red in cheeks and almost everything, and it was such a dear sight that immediately and fondly, Yuan smiled.

He’d have felt bad, really, about this request of him weren’t he so much in tune with his species there was no turning back now. There was no regret.

I am what I am, echoed somewhere in his head. The bottle capped, and down by his side, though not between them, Yuan said to the man, “Here”, gentle taking his hand in his and lifting it up--

“The wrist.”

But he didn’t yet. Smiled at the man, instead, genuinely placating, not just to prevent any unnecessary worry, but actually because it was alright. It was. A bit of a bite at least in the world of someone who didn’t go a day without some was just another part of life. And with that, and in his head muttering some thanks for the meal, Yuan pulled the hand to his lips, the fangs extending and he parted the lips, the hand cradled almost gently as he put fangs to wrist and-- through the skin, through the flesh. He bit.

And sank his fangs in, deep.

Sweet, gorgeous shifter blood immediately poured down his throat. Relief, and exhilaration sang loudly in his head, and Yuan almost sighed happily into the head, at once lusting after a day that he sucked one dry and took all, all the blood. A future day dark that he consciously warned himself against before, eyes closed, and his sucking slow, he drank from Rhys, a big swallow at a time.

He’d have felt bad for the pain Rhys now felt, or for the surge of trust and compliance every victim of a hybrid bite felt. Would have.

Would have, hadn’t this effect his bite had on people been already accepted by him as a feature of who he was.

A hybrid.

--------------------
user posted image
Jul 8 2018, 07:00 AM
Wolf
Furore
Demisexual
Taken//Shipped
Rhys

awards

Cinapup
Dani
Rhys hesitated for only brief moment. This was a new experience, and Rhys assumed if it went horribly wrong, that it would be the only time he would do it. It seemed Yuan was a rather respectful individual and was willing to listen. The young werewolf was not sure of how much of that would overlap how the biting would be done, but, well, he ought to trust the pack right?

Besides, Law said it would be all right to allow Yuan to bite them, and that it would be something that would aid in the pack bond. Law wouldn’t say something was ok to do if it would cause any long term negative effects, right?

Sure, the bite might hurt at first, but if that would be the only side effect, then he ought to be fine, right?

The young werewolf was a little more nervous about allowing this to happen than he would have liked to admit. Who could blame him? The last time he was bit by something he ended up needing to have Law bite him again to make sure he did not die.

Not that he thought Yuan was about to maul him again or anything like that. The idea of allowing someone to bite into his flesh and drink his blood just appeared to be a bit odd. Counter to what his instincts told him to do. Still, he lifted his arm up and gave his wrist over to Yuan as requested.

His muscles twitched in response to the initial piercing of his flesh, eyes closing tightly as his lips pressed close together. His other hand gripped the arm of the swing for a brief moment as he took in a sharp intake of air, slowly releasing it out through his nostril. It did not hurt so much as create a sort of instinctual reaction.

His mom had done worse.

Shortly after the initial feel of something breaking his skin, Rhys felt his body sink into the porch swing as he started to completely relax. It was almost a surreal feeling, His mouth opened up as he relaxed, then his eyes. There wasn’t much else to say or do as the other bit him and his body started to take in the natural reaction.

A soft hum escaped his lips as his head leaned against the back of the swing and his eyes focussed on the view in front of both of them.

It was almost nice to feel this relaxed. It was nice.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Eien❤
Jul 11 2018, 11:52 AM
wolf/vampire
Furore pack
bisexual/homoromantic
taken//shipped w/ Soren~
Yuan

awards

tots gay
Eien
He could have stayed like this, forever. Although he had enough of self-control now that Law had permitted this in the first place, it did not quell that hot, and young hunger to devour everything with blood-- to drink man after a man after a woman, to drain them all and then leave a debris of them behind himself like an invading army advancing onto the capital of their soon-to-be territory. He wanted it. Just like he wanted it now, and he wanted it the most now that he had his fangs in someone, and devoured that sweet shifter blood. He’d not take too much. He wouldn’t threaten Rhys’s life at all-- him being permitted to do this relied on his ability to stop just before it got threatening to the other party, and even right now Yuan trusted himself to stop.

But he didn’t want to.

He didn’t want to, and he wanted to hunt-- to spot someone innocent on the street, a total stranger or even a familiar face he’d then compel to stand.

And then.

Run.

So he could indulge that crazy, strong need to hunt.

It reminded Yuan to talk to Soren to go on a hunt. Never a good idea when they saw each other feed on others, and their jealousy roared wild. But a good idea, otherwise.

Yuan pulled away from Rhys, and pierced his own lips to rub his hybrid blood over the puncture wounds. It was so automatic at this point, he didn’t even pay attention to it; it would help Rhys healed.

It would knit his wounds almost immediately, thrice the speed of how his shifter healing worked since vampires already healed quicker than shifters, and hybrids-- even quicker. His want to drain this young soul dry was ever there.

But he’d lean back up with a smile, something warm, and kind, thankful for this treat as he’d also say, “Thank you, that was lovely”, although he knew that mentioning more on the flavor was a given taboo. Yuan then blinked at the boy, and soothed him a look of care spliced with smolder.

“There,” he said, curling his arm around the guy’s shoulders, and platonically guiding him to his chest for an embrace that he didn’t need to go beyond this present state. It would be innocent. Raw, perhaps-- ill-timed with what Yuan knew about how the hybrid bite, bonding the two beyond the draw of the bite and he gentled a smile at Rhys, and chirped, a moment down the line.

“I hope that didn’t hurt you too much. I would have cleaned the wound perfectly, but…” Wider, he smiled. It sowed so many laugh lines. “I am afraid I sort of detest the thought of… licking a man.” Punctuated with a plain and soft chuckle, and Yuan’s cheeks reddened. Calm though, he kept Rhys protectively (possessively) in his hold, knowing that at the core of himself he was defensive over his current prey. Although he’d not be drinking from Rhys further, and although he wouldn’t be turning him into an addict, the possessive, dark part of him that hated sharing kept them an against his chest, their closeness triggering Yuan’s preference for a caress, and so he’d rub nose over the man’s temple, just a wolf in this case.

Protective, and defensive. And possessive and territorial and unwilling to share a bit, a drop, go away, GO. Go.

Unwilling.

He exhaled, an example of eerie, dangerous calm.

The sort before a storm.

He smiled soothingly at Rhys, and asked, “How’re you feeling?”

Personally, Rhys’s blood made Yuan feel alive.

--------------------
user posted image

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 

Fast Reply

New Thread

UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Ataraxy Frisson RPG
Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Maelstrom The Four Dimensions The Reckless Kind 『 M E R C Y 』 Vexxor Mass Effect: from ashes Potterwatch Restored crooked saints 

Shadowplay RPG-D
tagbox requires separate login -- pls mark [tw] & [m] tags

Skinned by SARAH exclusively for Fugue State.